Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

merk what do you think of Lumpen/do you have feelings about him other than "he agrees with me about Diqnol"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jedit's paranoid case on BK suddenly makes much more sense :v:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Sorry I missed all of the action. :( I'd been intending on getting back, but the night completely got away from me.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Kashuno posted:

Sorry Vimes LJ only gave you 10

Holy useless lurker post. But idk. I think that makes me read you a bit better maybe?

The problem I'm having with dinq is that his frustration seems genuine, but not in a "scum caught for bad reasons" kind of way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

:ghost: Goddamnit, you assholes, I wanted to make a "Who staked Tartare?" joke! :ghost:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

##vote Pinterest Mom*

Today might be the day. I can feel it.

I had a dream last night where I was looking at the Mafia roster after the game. Merk, Mein, and Mom were all on it. Lumpen wasn't, which surprised me. I'm going to pretend that it was a real foreshadowing dream for a bit, so we should just lynch those three in quick succession.

*I don't need to unvote if it's the start of a new day, right? That seems pretty logical, but I also have a fear of being told I'm doing things wrong.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, if you want me to ever respect you as a player, drop the intentional misspelling bullshit. It isn't hard.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am going hiking in about 5 minutes so if you have questions about your night results/your role/etc I will answer them in a few hours thanks good luck!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

##vote Pinterest Mom*

Today might be the day. I can feel it.

I had a dream last night where I was looking at the Mafia roster after the game. Merk, Mein, and Mom were all on it. Lumpen wasn't, which surprised me. I'm going to pretend that it was a real foreshadowing dream for a bit, so we should just lynch those three in quick succession.

*I don't need to unvote if it's the start of a new day, right? That seems pretty logical, but I also have a fear of being told I'm doing things wrong.

Keep loving that chicken.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey, lj is really weird about Meinberg

She calls Meinberg both scummy and "an easy mislynch" in the same post.

She wants to kill him regardless of alignment.

She calls his alignment a "coin flip", which is really empty. On its face, that means he's scummier than most of the thread, but she doesn't really do any effort at casing him. It looks like she's hedging her bets.

And here, she treats his dunk as a fait accompli, and spins out an elaborate hypothetical in which people defending Meinberg are scummy, but not Rarity? That is a wack post.

This has been Hey, lj is really weird about Meinberg.

This has been Hey, Mom is spinning LJ's posts without actually paying attention to what she's said.

I think that Mein is scum. I have leaned that way since his first post. If he really does just always seem like scum, that makes him a coin flip, but it's one that I'm willing to take because I think he's actually evil. In a world where he isn't, he's a prime mislynch candidate at a more critical time, so I'd rather get that out of the way sooner as opposed to later.

Also, calling that post wack is just wrong. Drawing connections between people that you think are scum and the way that others interact with them is what you should and would be doing if you were town (spoilers: you're not).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If he's town, I'd rather hang him now than later - something espoused in a game of mafia

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sam, gamer, jedit

#nailedit

Who do you want to lynch today?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen is playing up his Lumpen character. I don't have a read yet

The only intelligent comment I have is that he isn't over inflating cases with language like he's done when I've caught him before as scum. I forget the example game, but he was throwing in a bunch of adjectives to try to puff his chest out on a case and it was a huge tell.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EXAKT, are you going to play mafia today?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

I understand it's a joke, that wasn't what I was calling scummy. It was the fact that you made a post, one that shows you are watching the thread fairly closely, but haven't been posting otherwise.

See, I kind of had to opposite reaction to that. Given that pretty much everyone that was around were people that didn't seem super happy with the LLs and had expressed suspicion of him, it kind of made me think that he wasn't like nervously not posting for fear of drawing attention, like I think Mafia would do there.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Lumpen is playing up his Lumpen character. I don't have a read yet

The only intelligent comment I have is that he isn't over inflating cases with language like he's done when I've caught him before as scum. I forget the example game, but he was throwing in a bunch of adjectives to try to puff his chest out on a case and it was a huge tell.

I'd argue he's doing exactly that. Give him a read over at some point and let me know if you still feel that way.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Well that went horribly wrong.

Also ##unvote

##vote merk

I think I like this? Rarity- Did you think that there might be enough votes for Merk to be lynched yesterday?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I think Kashuno is town.

EXAKT is in this game??

Why did those posts make you think Kashuno is town?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh my god stop doing this

ljtrigirl posted:

I think I like this? Rarity- Did you think that there might be enough votes for Merk to be lynched yesterday?

Realistically I figured it was unlikely cause he hadn't had the suspicion during D1 to pull it off but no one was going along with a Lumpen switch so I thought a small shot was better than nothing.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

merk posted:

Every post I've made is a genuine one. My reads have been reacting to new content.

This feels like a really disingenuous reaction to that accusation. I feel like town would have defended the read or something, not just made a BS sketchtastic mechanical defense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

He is town, we're confirmed masons.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

I don't think those reactions were faked/the logic required to come to those posts comes from a town mind imo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Well that's interesting. Why claim that now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Okay then. Confirming Rarity is telling the truth.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway, I'm watching the GRAND FINALS of this cs major so I'll be around but until it's over I doubt I'll want to do a lot of reading.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

Also ##unvote
##vote pmom

If I have to move this to avoid a no lunch, I will.

OMG YES

You make me happy.

I still feel like I recognize you from somewhere though, and it's bothering me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well that's interesting. Why claim that now?

Couple of reasons. I was thinking about it overnight and firstly it needed to be done before one of us died or else we'd have no proof it was a confirmed masonry. Also, I figured there was more benefit to town if we claimed it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
EXAKT lurking doesn't sit well with me I hope she posts more this day

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Couple of reasons. I was thinking about it overnight and firstly it needed to be done before one of us died or else we'd have no proof it was a confirmed masonry. Also, I figured there was more benefit to town if we claimed it.

Oh, your flip won't say CONFIRMED MASONS? That sucks. I guess it doesn't hurt to claim it but you're pretty much assuring that you or Kashuno or both of you last for a while in this game. Are you sure you love playing mafia that much?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT, are you going to play mafia today?

Being a fan of lurker poking, I would also like to know the answer to this and also poke Meinberg and Hal a little bit too. Mithross and The Ninth Layer have low post counts, but they were replacements and have given some good effort so far.

I was kind of doing the Lumpen/Jedit reading when the hammer came down last night, so I ended up just skimming them. Nothing really popped up on Jedit (and I guess we can see why), but I'm going to give Lumpen another look because I did feel a couple pings during the skim.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

why are these bad?

that was a joke about lumpen liking to make lists of players

lj's first game, i'm not voting for her on d1. and you're objecting that i didn't provide more than three targets after rar asked me for my top three?

Yeah, but you never really stated a stance on me. It feels like you're intentionally avoiding doing that until you can decide whether or not I'm mislynchable. You discredit me and the things that I say at every chance, but you're never explicit about the read or whether I'm scum pushing your mislynch or town with a bad read. In fact, some of your early posts read like you know I'm town and are just trying to get my suspicions on you to go away.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Vimes did the pearl do anything cool for you last night?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Ecco- PM only ended with one vote (me) because Vimes switched to Gamer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thinking about it, I don't mind thanking whoever sent me the Poonmaster last night

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Are you sure you love playing mafia that much?

It's been too long baby, bring me all that hurt

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Oh my god stop doing this

When a sarcasm font is invented, I will. Until then, I use it explicitly so that people know I'm being sarcastic.

Rarity posted:

Realistically I figured it was unlikely cause he hadn't had the suspicion during D1 to pull it off but no one was going along with a Lumpen switch so I thought a small shot was better than nothing.

:thumbsup:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ljtrigirl posted:

This feels like a really disingenuous reaction to that accusation. I feel like town would have defended the read or something, not just made a BS sketchtastic mechanical defense.

Did you read the accusation? Diqnol was saying that it was scummy I'm reevaluating my reads.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

I think I'm on board with that read, but I'm trying to figure out if that was a genuine read from dinq or just content filling.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote ljtrigirl

Gonna vote you until you learn how to spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Okay then. Confirming Rarity is telling the truth.

Whelp. Now I feel like an idiot for spending so much time re-reading you guys and coming to the conclusion that you were both town.

• Locked thread