Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

abraham linksys posted:

I am glad that WWE doesn't tape shows in the Garden anymore. I'm not sure exactly how big Barclays Center is compared to the Garden, but it feels like literally half the size and has only slightly less capacity, and it seems like any of the lower/middle sections would have a fantastic view

(though, uh, upper section not so much)

On that note, anyone been to a taping at Barclays? I'm waiting for Raw prices to go down on StubHub (I hope) but I don't want to spend $50 on a upper deck seat if it's really that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

zakharov posted:

On that note, anyone been to a taping at Barclays? I'm waiting for Raw prices to go down on StubHub (I hope) but I don't want to spend $50 on a upper deck seat if it's really that bad.

I was at Takeover but I was on a floor seat, so can't comment on how good the upper decks were. I think there was a goon posting about being up there, though?

I'm also hoping for Raw prices to go down on StubHub. Would probably :getin: if I could get a lower deck ticket for <$120 or so (they're mostly hovering around $150-180 right now...)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

abraham linksys posted:

I was at Takeover but I was on a floor seat, so can't comment on how good the upper decks were. I think there was a goon posting about being up there, though?

I'm also hoping for Raw prices to go down on StubHub. Would probably :getin: if I could get a lower deck ticket for <$120 or so (they're mostly hovering around $150-180 right now...)

180 bucks for Raw? gently caress that poo poo.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

The_Rob posted:

180 bucks for Raw? gently caress that poo poo.

Takeover get-in price crashed from $60 to $30 on the day-of. There's hope. Lower bowl is still gonna be out of my range though.

And yeah, there's always the NYC premium. SummerSlam get-in price has dropped all the way to...$250.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm a little worried because there's been zero crash on actual SummerSlam. Maybe if it's a terrible show, a bunch of no-longer-wanted Raw tickets will flood the secondary market :v:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

I'm a little worried because there's been zero crash on actual SummerSlam. Maybe if it's a terrible show, a bunch of no-longer-wanted Raw tickets will flood the secondary market :v:

It actually has crashed by like $50 but it's still bonkers.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

zakharov posted:

I've been in the upper decks for both a Raw and the Takeover. You're super high up, but pretty much every seat has a solid view of the ring and surrounding areas. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Is there anything actually on the pre-show? I have to do something for my job so I'll probably be right on the edge of catching 7 PM, so pre-show is probably out. :ohdear:

edit: ok was misreading Wikipedia, I can live without catching 4-way tag live

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Do you think all the guys and ladies booked on Summerslam are watching Takeover and hanging their heads knowing they cannot be one third of that good because Kevin Dunn will not let them? I do.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Must be particularly bad for Sasha et al, having been in last nights event.

Oh and Owens.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's going to be tough for Owens, but Sasha can rest in her match if she has to.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also I am genuinely expecting John Cena to somehow attempt to sap the overness and love of noted company top face Bayley tonight. Namedrops, bringing her out, something.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I know Cesaro vs Owens tonight will be stiff as gently caress and a very good match and I fear for Kevin Owens life having two insane matches in a row plus whatever he does on Raw :ohdear:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I know Cesaro vs Owens tonight will be stiff as gently caress and a very good match and I fear for Kevin Owens life having two insane matches in a row plus whatever he does on Raw :ohdear:

As long as he still has legs it shouldn't be too hard to walk out on a match.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

As long as he still has legs it shouldn't be too hard to walk out on a match.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kevin Owens hasn't won a singles match in 2 months.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope rusev demolishes ziggler then tomorrow on raw summer beats lana in an accent match so we can just toss lana since thats the last good thing she has

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i hope the undertaker kicks a man in the penis

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
It would be a good idea for Cesaro to beat a man that was in a ladder match barely 24 hours prior to Summerslam so I'm expecting an Owens win.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i hope the undertaker kicks a man in the penis

feel like this whole build has been so taker can kick him in the dick and tombstone him for a nearfall

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Whereas Owens needs to beat Cesaro to get any semblance of heat back. It's a good match I want to see but I don't want to see either guy take the loss really.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to watch a 50 something biker/zombie man be snapped in half by one of the most physically terrifying men I have ever seen

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Also I am genuinely expecting John Cena to somehow attempt to sap the overness and love of noted company top face Bayley tonight. Namedrops, bringing her out, something.

Nonsense.

HHH will do it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sono posted:

Nonsense.

HHH will do it.

Nonsense

Stephanie will do it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My hype levels are getting rejuvenated guys. Get hype. Gonna be a good show tonight. Not as good but good and well worth :10bux:. Just my hot take. Well, thanks, later

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i forgot jon stewart was hosting

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jushin Liger should come out during Sheamus vs Orton and just Shotei both of them until his hand breaks. Then the show would be good.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

How many Trump jokes is he going to make in the course of the evening

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AfroLine posted:

And COACH is going to be there too!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

The New York Foundation ?!?!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
so, do you think we get cena winning, but then a seamus cash-in at some point to seperate the US and WWE belt? Maybe not tonight so we can get a raw of Cena holding two belts, but it's the only way i see it going down because I doubt any match against cena would be for only one belt.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

so, do you think we get cena winning, but then a seamus cash-in at some point to seperate the US and WWE belt? Maybe not tonight so we can get a raw of Cena holding two belts, but it's the only way i see it going down because I doubt any match against cena would be for only one belt.

He will just spend a few weeks of doing the US open challenges still and then next month at Night of Champions he will defend the US title again, retain it, defend his WWE title and almost lose due to being so knackered at defending the US title the last month and then eventually he will just relinquish it to focus on the main belt

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

AfroLine posted:

is he a good wrestleman?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

is he a good wrestleman?

he can do the undertaker's current finisher, the dick kick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ostentatious posted:

is he a good wrestleman?

undertaker has stolen his offense

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

is he a good wrestleman?

he's short

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
But he's crafty.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So bummed I'm gonna miss a lot of Summerslam but it's ok because NXT was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
WHERE IS THE THREAD, MATES!!!!!!

• Locked thread