Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Lesnar giving the audience the finger for WWE was a great touch imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Taker used to be cool and good - but now he's over 50 but looks like 70 and has to cheat and hit people in the junk to have a chance. This writing stinks and it's worse than Flair or Hogan in their twilight days.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That was a dumb finish but I legitimately want to see them at 32 now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

Perhaps he is the safest worker to ever break a dude's neck in two?
that wasn't like a mistake or a botch though. That spot went down exactly as the two workers involved set it up to

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Hammerstein posted:

Taker used to be cool and good - but now he's over 50 but looks like 70 and has to cheat and hit people in the junk to have a chance. This writing stinks.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

purkey posted:

Any taker that talks is the worst taker. Throat slit, eye roll, choke slam and tombstone were all he should ever have done

Ministry Taker was bad because he had become the Big Show in that he was fat and averse to trying at all

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

dsriggs posted:

Let's go along with kayfabe & say that the timekeeper rang the bell because he saw Taker tap.

HOW?

They were positioned 180 degrees away from the timekeeper & Taker tapped with his right hand, when the timekeeper was to the left. There's legitimately NO way, even if this poo poo was real, that the timekeeper could've seen anything.

So what happened? Did Taker & Lesnar gently caress up & point the wrong way??

I think if this comes up, it'll be about Heyman pointing out the tap

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Alain Post posted:

That was a dumb finish but I legitimately want to see them at 32 now

I agree

I want to see a match where both participants are 32

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
hahahaha how does WWE not know how to loving book endings while NXT nails it

edit: also I toxxed that the undertaker would lose so gently caress

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

sonicice posted:

I think that was supposed to be nothing more than a Dusty tribute that they didn't think all the way through. loving weird though and sucks that it had to go down that way.

Paying tribute to Dusty Rhodes by doing a Dusty finish is like paying tribute to Elvis by having a heart attack on the toilet

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

You could set your watch to that.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ralphis posted:

You're right. At least getting the BJ doesn't cost me $9.99

All depends, did you go to dinner first?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
A KANE RUN-IN WOULD HAVE BEEN A PERFECTLY SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE AND LED TO SOME NEAT BOOKING FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

THAT'S THE CRAZIEST PART ABOUT THIS

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

oatgan posted:

that wasn't like a mistake or a botch though. That spot went down exactly as the two workers involved set it up to

Oh we're still on the insane "Holly sandbagged him he deserves it" line, as if it would make any sense to assume that Brock Lesnar wouldn't be able to actually lift you up unassisted

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

A KANE RUN-IN WOULD HAVE BEEN A PERFECTLY SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE AND LED TO SOME NEAT BOOKING FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

I don't think I agree.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
That Jon Stewart heel turn makes a lot more sense now...

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

ParanoidInc posted:

hahahaha how does WWE not know how to loving book endings while NXT nails it

NXT doesn't need to setup matches at PPV's 9 months down the road with two legends....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sonicice posted:

I think that was supposed to be nothing more than a Dusty tribute that they didn't think all the way through. loving weird though and sucks that it had to go down that way.

nah, i think they just wanted to make a finish that could lead to a rubber match at mania where both guys aren't technically coming off a loss

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abraham linksys posted:

Kane blows. Not as much as Stardust but he blows for sure

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

DrVenkman posted:

No the problem is that it's a finish that relies on a replay to work. They cause the confusion, and then they show you that actually yes he tapped out.

yeah, well also imagine if everyone actually did see the tap the first tiem, there woulda been big pops and a reason for lesnar to let go and the bell ringing might of made more sense. But no we missed yet another move thanks to bad directing.

I mean Paul saying "WE ALL SAW IT" when actually we didnt see poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ralphis posted:

You're right. At least getting the BJ doesn't cost me $9.99

I would be freshly alarmed again if it did!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Speedboat Jones posted:

I want the Undertaker I watched as a kid to save me from the Undertaker I'm watching now.

This was in no way Undertakers fault(to my knowledge)

this was entirely booking.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

DynamiteKidd posted:

Ministry Taker was bad because he had become the Big Show in that he was fat and averse to trying at all

I can't really hate that taker because hower power taker will always be the funniest taker

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hammerstein posted:

Taker used to be cool and good - but now he's over 50 but looks like 70 and wrestles like he's 40

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

tomorrow is vince's birthday.

happy birthday vince.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alain Post posted:

nah, i think they just wanted to make a finish that could lead to a rubber match at mania where both guys aren't technically coming off a loss

Well they are, because the Undertaker tapped out like a bitch

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Alain Post posted:

Kane blows. Not as much as Stardust but he blows for sure

The one loving thing I honestly believe Kane could still do is one last MASK-ON FEUD with the Undertaker

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Shoenin posted:

This was in no way Undertakers fault(to my knowledge)

this was entirely booking.

Taker can say no

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Undertaker made me wish Kane was wrestling instead which is really something.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

You know in real sports it doesn't matter if the referee sees it because they're not the story.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

dsriggs posted:

Let's go along with kayfabe & say that the timekeeper rang the bell because he saw Taker tap.

HOW?

They were positioned 180 degrees away from the timekeeper & Taker tapped with his right hand, when the timekeeper was to the left. There's legitimately NO way, even if this poo poo was real, that the timekeeper could've seen anything.

So what happened? Did Taker & Lesnar gently caress up & point the wrong way??

Guessing WWE will go with "timekeeper saw Taker tap on the Tron" since a camera was pointed right at it for the replay

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It would be pretty funny if they finally got Dunn fired for being a poo poo director.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Yo how come they don't make undertaker all deathly pale like all them years ago? It would serve him better than eye make up and JUST FOR MEN THINNING HAIR.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well they are, because the Undertaker tapped out like a bitch

the fact that they found a way to have BOTH competitors in a match tap out takes parity booking to a whole new lovely level

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Speedboat Jones posted:

I want the Undertaker I watched as a kid to save me from the Undertaker I'm watching now.

I've only recently gotten into wrestling, so I've no Undertaker that I watched as a kid to go crying to.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

You know in real sports it doesn't matter if the referee sees it because they're not the story.

Have you never watched an NBA game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Imagine how mad you would be if you subbed to the network or bought a $300 ticket to that show solely for Taker/Brock

How could anyone walk away from that ending satisfied

• Locked thread