Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

Has blue pants always had such an amazingly bad titantron?

No, I noticed that recently too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
god drat new day freaking owns though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You can't get a hamburger cause Big E got all the tricep meat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

They were. To match the pants.

Nah, they were definitely white and gold

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I could watch New Day celebrating on a loop until the end of time.

Also here's a backstage video of them once again owning Jojo

http://youtu.be/bnsKd09Ay_0

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Jon Stewart helping Rollins retain was probably the greatest wrestling thing I've seen since Brock suplexed Cena to death last year. I thought Rollins looked great in the match. He looked more like a deserving Champ than he has at any other point in his reign. And his outfit was boss as hell. He really came out of last night looking like a huge star.

Brock/Taker was a good match and the idea behind the gently caress finish was as good as you'll get from WWE on a gently caress finish, even though they botched the execution. I just don't want to see these two continue to feud. Taker's probably down to his last match. Why does it have to be another goddamn Taker/Lesnar match? How are you letting Taker retire without a HUGE Cena/Taker match, you buffoons?!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

Nah, they were definitely white and gold

That's me slapping your wrong post.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
WWE makes a point of how this is this huge event, gets a ton of potential new/returning viewers through media coverage and Arrow.

Ends PPV with non-sensical gently caress finish. It's amazing.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

I'm actually thinking Stewart is an avatar for lovely smarks, as written by WWE. He bitches about Taker losing, and he gets to be the fan who chairs Cena at a ppv, denying the crazy win he'd have. He's also walking around making wrestlers sign shirts without names so he can sell it on ebay. It's kind of hilarious if it's supposed to be that.

This is totally what I thought.

I think the reason he's going to give to smashing Cena was because he did not want him to match Flairs record.

I was really happy when he chaired Cena, the "Thank you Stewart" chants were hilarious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

:vince:

that's you watching the joke fly way over your head

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God drat it I forgot about that drat dress.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

1. When was the last time a heel got DIRECTLY chanted for against Cena that thunderously? There weren't just CENA SUCKS chants, there were thunderous LET'S GO ROLLINS chants.

Kevin Owens, three PPVs in a row

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

This whole exchange has put me in a bad mood

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I could watch New Day celebrating on a loop until the end of time.

Also here's a backstage video of them once again owning Jojo

http://youtu.be/bnsKd09Ay_0

holy poo poo he really was doing the Doug "Patti Mayonnaise" love sound I think I love this team

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Apparently some of the pyro caught fire during Cesaro/Owens, and after they put it out, the fans were chanting "We want fire".

I thought it was "We want Liger" or some poo poo, so I'm glad they weren't making GBS threads on the match. Probably explains why Brock's pyro didn't fire off.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr. rear end posted:

Kevin Owens, three PPVs in a row

Ehhhh, nope. There were definitely FIGHT OWENS FIGHT chants but he also got booed and the chants were nowhere near as loud. I don't think Seth got booed audibly a single time last night.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

the_american_dream posted:

holy poo poo he really was doing the Doug "Patti Mayonnaise" love sound I think I love this team

I love that Xavier is constantly dropping references that none of the higher ups and only some of the talent gets.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alain Post posted:

Apparently some of the pyro caught fire during Cesaro/Owens, and after they put it out, the fans were chanting "We want fire".

They were setting g up Taker's Pyro actually.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Alain Post posted:

I thought it was "We want Liger" or some poo poo, so I'm glad they weren't making GBS threads on the match. Probably explains why Brock's pyro didn't fire off.

Are you sure the fire wasn't during the opening match between Orton and Sheamus. Because suddenly the arena got super smokey a minute into the match. And then when Lesnar didn't have any entrance pyro it started to make sense.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chromatic posted:

I loving hate Michael Cole.

The double sit-up with laughter from Brock and Taker should have been amazing but Cole totally poo poo on it with "OMGZ AN AMAZING MOMENT! AN AMAZING MOMENT!" like the people watching wouldn't loving get it if he didn't tell us.

He absolutely ruins most enjoyment I could get from big match moments these days.

Also, Undertaker loving sucks.

What was great with watching in a room of about 7 drunk dudes was that we were so loud that we didn't even hear a single word that commentary said. Well except for at the end when Cole calls the Undertaker win redemption. I'll give WWE this, I'm interested if they address how Undertaker had to cheat to win and if that's OK then you should be OK with Seth.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Are you sure the fire wasn't during the opening match between Orton and Sheamus. Because suddenly the arena got super smokey a minute into the match. And then when Lesnar didn't have any entrance pyro it started to make sense.

Stat Guy Greg from Cheap Heat said they were chanting "We saw fire" since they saw fire

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
You know I think I would have been willing to Wait And See about the Lesnar/Taker finish up until the face announcer kept calling it a moment of redemption for Taker.

What were all y'all's personal breaking points re: that finish

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave thinks Heyman came up with the finish because nobody on the writing team can write MMA-style finishes and he likes them.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Jenny Angel posted:

You know I think I would have been willing to Wait And See about the Lesnar/Taker finish up until the face announcer kept calling it a moment of redemption for Taker.
They've done this before, where the announcers don't immediately telegraph a turn.
IIRC it was like this with Punk's turn after his 2009 cash-in, leading to many an argument on these forums.
Taker is most likely being a heel. At the very least, Brock was 100% being a face. You don't get middle finger clearance these days if it isn't meant to elicit a massive pop

EDIT: I should say "defiant gesture" clearance

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Jon Stewart spent 16 years building our trust only to break it by hurting John Cena. :smith:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So has Super Arrow Bros. vs Cosmic Kings unseated Show/Mayweather as best celebrity match in WWE? I think so.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Retromancer posted:

Being there live, I'd call Rollins/Cena the MOTN. The crowd was insanely hot for it the whole way through. Owens/Cesaro was good, but It was at nowhere near as hot.

Yeah I'd definitely agree. I enjoyed Rollins/Cena way more than Owens/Cesaro. I don't think Owens/Cesaro was as good as either Owens/Cena match either.

Big Match John always delivers.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

See what you've done Jon!

https://twitter.com/RoFloESPN/status/635623889868079104

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Rollins is my hero. I want to cheer him

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

projecthalaxy posted:

So has Super Arrow Bros. vs Cosmic Kings unseated Show/Mayweather as best celebrity match in WWE? I think so.

In my opinion, yeah. Amell was slow but he did some good stuff, looked fairly realistic and the match was fun.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
e: f,b

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 24, 2015

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Literally already discussed on this page.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Timby posted:

Literally already discussed on this page.

Yeah I just noticed after the fact, edited

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really really like Seth Rollins and welcome him as the future, but I do hope they let Cena beat that Flair record

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I cannot stop laughing. This company is so great, gently caress this company.

Jon Stewart is the biggest babyface in wrestling. That poo poo was so funny it almost makes up for how blatantly he telegraphed hitting Cena.

That whole Lesnar/Taker gently caress finish...like Charles Gnarwin pointed out, if they had shown Taker tapping as it happened, it would have mitigated how poorly the whole thing came off. I remember the directing at Mania 30 being really spot on, but it's just nose-dived over the last year or so.

Amell was good. Props to him.

BAYLEY :swoon:

I so wish I didn't have to work tonight. Gonna miss all the GDT fun. :smith:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

So Sasha and Bayley had the match of the weekend, right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

keevo posted:

No, that was Orton and Sheamus. You love Orton and Sheamus and are ecstatic about their rivalry.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

keevo posted:

No question about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was truly incredible to see Cena pull out his taunt about how they weren't saying Rollins's name to have the rest of the match have "Let's go Rollins" chanting in the background.

• Locked thread