Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

epitasis posted:

I'm also down to do normie fun things instead of semi-ironic tar pit visiting

Lacma is right next to the tat pits and is a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i have a car and the tar/art museum combo sounds dope. My roommate for the weekend didn't score tickets for night 2 so I'm not sure how long all that will take but I'll want to be back kinda early

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 14, 2015

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
lacma is so much fun. i'm bummed they don't have their stanley kubrick exhibit anymore.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i also expect heavy trolling of me by epitasis for being horrible at kinpuro, both in the game and collecting the cards.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hello I am down for pre BOLA meetup and then BOLA. I'm out of work at noon that Friday, so I'm basically open. Would we be carpooling from meetup point, or what?

Tar pits are fine but Game Haus is even better. When would we be shooting to sit through the epic wait in line?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I'll have a car too and will be at Hojo's. I'll be down to do some pre-show stuffs.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh, other thing is I live near DTLA so if there's crashable motel space I'm game and will pitch in.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'll have a car, but I don't have tickets at all so I'm gonna have to be in line pretty early all three days. I'm driving in on Friday and will probably head right to the legion hall for Day 1, so the most convenient day for me to hang out before the shows will be Saturday. I have a hotel room Friday/Saturday night (not the hojo, there's a no-name motel like 10 minutes away from Reseda that's a little cheaper, I used it last year when I was still coming from NorCal) so I don't have to drive back and forth every day and waste a bunch of gas, so I'm down to hang out after the shows.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 14, 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Few questions to the seasoned PWG goers. Do they send out physical tickets? If you leave the venue do they let you back in? When do the wrestlers sell their stuff? Do they still have the PWG shirts?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
they check your name off a list when you enter at first and they give you a ticket there so you can re-enter. almost all wrestlers are out selling merch before the shows, and some are there during intermission and after the show. last year they had special BOLA shirts for sale and there may have been a few logo shirts. depends on what Excalibur is selling I guess

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think it's also worth noting that they do not let you in with literally anything other than your keys, phone, and wallet. They frisk you at the door.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Instead of going to LACMA, I think we should do one of those Escape Rooms instead.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 15, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jubs posted:

Instead of going to LACMA, I think we should do one of those Escape Rooms instead.

this actually looks pretty cool and pretty much all the rooms are available all weekend. If 4 of you want to do this friday or saturday afternoon I can book this and you paypal me $33

http://losangeles.roomescapelive.com/

this one reserves the whole room for your smaller group instead of sticking you in there with a bunch of strangers which seems preferable tbqh

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 15, 2015

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

oatgan posted:

this actually looks pretty cool and pretty much all the rooms are available all weekend. If 4 of you want to do this friday or saturday afternoon I can book this and you paypal me $33

http://losangeles.roomescapelive.com/

this one reserves the whole room for your smaller group instead of sticking you in there with a bunch of strangers which seems preferable tbqh

This looks awesome. I'm in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Are you guys gonna rob the bank or save the world

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Invite Pentagon to go with you guys.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i dont know if my high school level spanish would be good enough to communicate complex bank heist clues

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

i dont know if my high school level spanish would be good enough to communicate complex bank heist clues

He'd probably just wonder why you keep asking where the library is

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'd be down for an escape room! I've done one once, and yeah, having the strangers was completely obnoxious.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

idk it was pretty cool to have a major part of the puzzle figured out only to be told no you're wrong until 30 min later when someone else came up with the same idea that magically worked :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It was also pretty cool that it was near the end of the night so the guy working there gave us an extra hour to work through it.

What was not so cool was to have it even take the extra our because nobody could get in edgewise against that one idiot girl.

gently caress stranger idiot girl.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Propaganda Machine posted:

It was also pretty cool that it was near the end of the night so the guy working there gave us an extra hour to work through it.

What was not so cool was to have it even take the extra our because nobody could get in edgewise against that one idiot girl.

gently caress stranger idiot girl.

Yeah she sucked

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Reservations are starting to fill up so i'm going to go ahead and book a bank robbery for 1:30pm on Saturday. Shoot me a pm if you want to go

-edit-

booked, I have four spots left and it's $35 a person. I can give two of you a ride there from the hotel

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's one spot in the room left and I dunno how many of you need rides but we're going to have to take two cars anyway and since someone just asked for a ride i only have one (comfortable) seat left in mine

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

there's one spot in the room left and I dunno how many of you need rides but we're going to have to take two cars anyway and since someone just asked for a ride i only have one (comfortable) seat left in mine

Dang it, Oatgan! I wish you hadn't already reserved spots for that location. I was going to suggest Room Escape Adventures because it can fit more people and I was going to bring some special guests.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's another room that runs in the same location at the same time slot!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in the interest of surviving to see the shows I motion we NOT get ourselves locked in a room with pentagon jr.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 18, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
But Manflurry won't be there, so you can safely bring Brian Cage.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I didn't even realize there were already locked in a room with pentagon jokes on this page because I was probated I apologize for my hackery

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

epitasis posted:

in the interest of surviving to see the shows I motion we NOT get ourselves locked in a room with pentagon jr.

you can still watch wrestling just fine with a broken arm, tho drinking would be more awkward

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Thank god I'm not working the night shift on Tuesday. Hopefully I'm fast enough to get all three nights, the last thing I wanna do is hang out at the legion hall all day trying to find someone with an extra ticket they're willing to sell.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

oatgan posted:

Is that ticket still available?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jubs posted:

Is that ticket still available?

Yes

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

I'll take it.

wilkenm
Jan 6, 2005
Anyone know how to go about selling or even giving away tickets without being in Reseda? I've got tickets for all 3 nights, but it's looking like I'll be on the other side of the country this weekend for a fun-filled family emergency.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

wilkenm posted:

Anyone know how to go about selling or even giving away tickets without being in Reseda? I've got tickets for all 3 nights, but it's looking like I'll be on the other side of the country this weekend for a fun-filled family emergency.

Someone would have to paypal you the money then give your name at the door.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

wilkenm posted:

Do you have PMs? If you send me your PayPal information and the name that I can pick them up under, I will buy them off you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait so is there nothing stopping someone from walking up and saying "hi yeah i'm aubrey sitterson please give me my tickets"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilkenm
Jan 6, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Do you have PMs? If you send me your PayPal information and the name that I can pick them up under, I will buy them off you.

I won't know for sure until later in the week, probably by Wednesday. If I can't go, I'll PM you and see if you still want them.

• Locked thread