Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
The water level seems like such a stupid point because there's really no indication that it's "safe" to go into the water. I mean sure that's the point but there has to be part of the reason people wanna go in. Like at some point you have to feel like "Okay I'll make it if"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Does anyone have a good model of what the water-lurker looks like?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Samovar posted:

Does anyone have a good model of what the water-lurker looks like?
Yeah, there's an in-game model viewer that shows it off super well.

Zain posted:

The water level seems like such a stupid point because there's really no indication that it's "safe" to go into the water. I mean sure that's the point but there has to be part of the reason people wanna go in. Like at some point you have to feel like "Okay I'll make it if"
I was never super lost in the area; mostly just annoyed with waiting for gates to open and wondering what rear end in a top hat made this city to be full of loud rear end gates.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I just finished catching up on the LP today, loving it so far. That nervous laugh was just one of the best parts of the midgame, Scruffy.

As for this episode, the best part is definitely that cutaway moment just before the thing. And props for that no-scope falling headshot on the guy at the start.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh no. We're not the Good Guy, are we? :( Kidman, no, come back and explain how Ruvik's using us!?

Haha oh my gosh, is that where Ruvik is keep all his mannequin ladies? Oh wow, it's like a maze of Not-Pyramid-head. At least there's just one guy. Oh god I'm so glad he can't climb ladders either. The idea of 'no safe place' is just the worst thing in scary games.

That thing with the flammable gas was so great though! I didn't even connect the gas to the 'flammable poo poo in here' sign at the start of the maze. Especially since it wasnt hurting your character. I'm used to the idea of putting harmless fog in random areas just to up the spooky factor. I like this area better than the previous 'meat maze' where you had to straight up run through it. Granted looking too long kind of ruins any type of horror element.

Lastly, gently caress that Bitey Goldfish.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
I had two bullets for that section where you save Kidman and I am so happy you didn't need to suffer through something like that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Can you get stuff (ammo, green goo) from breaking the mannequins?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Heh... I literally applauded that one part with the match, Scruffy. Made my morning.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

dscruffy1 posted:

Crossbow is great but trap parts tend to come in waves, you've either got none or you've got 20.

Or in my case, 135. I'm on NG+ and catching up to where you are, Scruffy.

dscruffy1 posted:

Hunting rifle is great for unsuspecting enemies or long range but the aim sway is too real, maybe it gets reduced with accuracy points.

There's no aiming upgrade stat, unfortunately. The sway will stay with you for the entire game.

I highly recommend upgrading the Critical on the Hunting rifle though. Highly recommend it.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Just binged through this LP this week and this game is batshit insane and I want answers aaaag, but I'm loving that you're doing it blind. Your nervous giggle is the best thing and to hear someone's reactions rather than a seasoned player going, "yawn here's a thing that's supposed to surprise you" is, for me anyway, a lot more fun.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I accidentally updated the wrong thread yesterday. Whoops!

27: The Wheels On The Bus.../Polsy

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
That was surprisingly not terrible, all things considered. Only one death.

From what it looked like, Scruffy, both that rifle shot and the molotov were taking off 30-40% of your max health if you got hit, which is why you didn't survive it. Makes sense after all, since the whole segment is about stopping them before they can land any hits because you have nowhere to go if they do.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

I accidentally updated the wrong thread yesterday. Whoops!

Does that mean that Monday's update gets pushed back to Tuesday, or do we get two updates in a row? I hope it's the latter.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The second part of that video was absolutely glorious. :allears:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I am so ridiculously glad you used that match in the mannequin warehouse, and your reaction was equally perfect.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The ever-increasing agency of the bad guys is odd to me. They started off barely being able to hold a sickle, and now they're driving APCs and manning mounted turrets? Or are these different kind of bad guys? I've assumed they're all just the same kind of zombie-ish dudes.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

The ever-increasing agency of the bad guys is odd to me. They started off barely being able to hold a sickle, and now they're driving APCs and manning mounted turrets? Or are these different kind of bad guys? I've assumed they're all just the same kind of zombie-ish dudes.

As the people involved in Ruvik's mind-meld thing slowly die off or are weakened in some way, Ruvik's control over the world increases and he starts being able to bring in some heavier firepower and minions.

Alternatively, it's just a gameplay thing, just like how the RE4 enemies progressed from waving axes at Leon to shooting crossbows to guns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The villager dudes are still around, but the change of scenery also brought in a different group of people (imaginary or not). Being in the city brings police, who were once people who used guns, like the farmers who used tools and torches and such. I uh, I guess that's the logic behind it anyway.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Obviously once we stepped on the bus we entered a post-apocalyptic Mad Max zone. Cars strewn everywhere, hideous monsters on the chase, and men with high explosives and guns everywhere. Also mounted weaponry. :mediocre:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

dscruffy1 posted:

Obviously once we stepped on the bus we entered a post-apocalyptic Mad Max zone. Cars strewn everywhere, hideous monsters on the chase, and men with high explosives and guns everywhere. Also mounted weaponry. :mediocre:

Don't forget :perfect:

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space

dscruffy1 posted:

The question now is, who's more crazy? Sebastian, or everyone else?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I believe you'll find it is drscruffy - evidence: the undisguised cackles of glee when using the machine gun.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ho ho ho, now I have a machine gun.

But if you want to tie it into :mediocre: you have to go "I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE!" and go nuts while shooting wildly.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Good news! I didn't forget the update I just had a formal social event brouhaha.

Also we're moving on up.

28: A Dee-Lux Apartment In The Sky/Polsy

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I always managed to avoid the acid traps easily. I wonder if there's a unique death animation for it...?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IronSaber posted:

I always managed to avoid the acid traps easily. I wonder if there's a unique death animation for it...?

It's the animation for when you die by fire, except Seb gets all covered in goop and starts bubbling. Source: Me, I died to one because I wasn't paying attention. Of all the things to be killed by on Akumu, the completely stationary trap that you literally can only be killed by through walking underneath it is what gets me. :downs:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

It's the animation for when you die by fire, except Seb gets all covered in goop and starts bubbling. Source: Me, I died to one because I wasn't paying attention. Of all the things to be killed by on Akumu, the completely stationary trap that you literally can only be killed by through walking underneath it is what gets me. :downs:
For me it was the dumb idea that since it looked like the drops were spaced out that maybe I could run under them during the lulls....yeah, that didn't work out too well.

But yeah, I guess the Ruvik clone killing other nearby enemies was only for that initial introduction fight out in the street. At least you were able to find out they were back-stabbable; I'm trying to remember though, did you ever try backstabbing those big, crucified enemies from back in Ruvik's fun house? Cause I remember they do something special when you backstab them. Also I will say that this area holds the one point in the game that I just really loathed, if only for how stupid it was and how frustrating it was to get through. I look forward to seeing how well you fare with it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That was certainly a 'hacking the mainframe' animation for disarming the acid traps.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Niggurath posted:

I'm trying to remember though, did you ever try backstabbing those big, crucified enemies from back in Ruvik's fun house? Cause I remember they do something special when you backstab them. Also I will say that this area holds the one point in the game that I just really loathed, if only for how stupid it was and how frustrating it was to get through. I look forward to seeing how well you fare with it.

Whaaaat. No way. I never tried those guys because there were two of them roaming around and it really didn't seem like a thing that was likely to be possible.

I think I know what section you're talking about and it tripped me up for a little bit, until I remembered to slow down a little bit. The game pressures you to feel like you need to move fast and punishes you if you actually do it. I can imagine it being a whole different nightmare on Akumu though.

Samovar posted:

That was certainly a 'hacking the mainframe' animation for disarming the acid traps.

It takes about 15 seconds to finish disarming them too, it's pretty rude. I'm still curious if enemies can re-arm them though, that'd be quite the dick move.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It's definitely possible and that room is probably one of the better opportunities to try it.

Also I was so sad that near the end of the latest update you didn't see that silly statue hiding in the rubble, cause you were looking straight at it for a few seconds...and then you left :(

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 26, 2015

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I will never stop feeling dumb in hindsight about missing these statues.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Where was the statue? (just say the time in the video)

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Mraagvpeine posted:

Where was the statue? (just say the time in the video)

You can see it under the broken timbers at around 25:30

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Ah, I see it now. But when you walked over there, it didn't look like you could reach it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I just played through chapter 14 and boy are my arms tired :v:

29: Kitchen Nightmares/Polsy

I went ahead and picked up the DLC, so I think I'm going to do those as well. There's three pieces, two feature Kidman and her WHATEVER BULLSHIT SHE'S DOING ARGH. The third features...the Keeper? It says it's first person and you play as the Keeper. I assume this means there's gonna be some hurts.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I can't wait to see the DLC.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The DLC is actually really good believe it or not. Well, the Keeper I can take or leave, it's just you messing stuff up as the Keeper, but the Kidman ones are pretty drat amazing.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

I guess I'm kinda spoiling, then again it might help to curb your enthusiasm a little and not expect what game won't give you.
I'm talking about the fact that Kidman's DLC is almost all stealth sections, very rarely do you get to get a gun, much less keep it or upgrade it. So if you like that, you're in luck

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Executioner is also great because it's the point where the developers just went "y'know what we have this game engine let's just do whatever the hell we want with it fuuuuck it" and made Chivalry: Keeper Warfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

16:54, another statue right in front of you that you missed.

• Locked thread