Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Zypher posted:

I've seen 12 team rosters worse than this. I think you're the front runner for this league from what I've seen so far.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Well, if we're all doing this..

same beer league, not sure what to think of my team yet, other than I have too many Viking receivers.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Here's my BEER LEAGUE team! Same 16 teams, 0.5 PPR:

I Honestly don't think I did too bad.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

dphi posted:

same beer league, not sure what to think of my team yet, other than I have too many Viking receivers.

I actually really like your team, dphi. Eli's a realiable QB (in theory), Lynch is a beast, and either Johnson or Wallace will emerge as the top receiver in MIN. Your bench is nonexistent outside of Blount, but your starters are pretty solid. Liking Graham for a lot of TD's in SEA this year.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
12 team standard no ppr

QB: Roethlisberger
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Ellington
WR: Dez
WR: Green
TE: J. Hill
FLEX: V. Jackson

bench:

R. Mathews
Sims
Knile Davis
Funchess
E. Royal

so please rate and also advice on who my flex should be?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

12 team standard no ppr

bench:

R. Mathews
Sims
Knile Davis
Funchess
E. Royal

You need to re-order your starters because JHill is not a TE and I can't tell if you really have him or meant to put Jimmy Graham or something like that.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Suave Fedora posted:

You need to re-order your starters because JHill is not a TE and I can't tell if you really have him or meant to put Jimmy Graham or something like that.

thats josh hill lol

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Suave Fedora posted:

Josh HIll is the TE for the Saints.

In a no-ppr league, I would have liked to see you starting more solid RB's than Gordon/Ellington, who will not see the same number of touches as most RB1's.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Sure I'll post my team too. This is also from the 16 team beer league

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

thats josh hill lol

who the gently caress is that

j/k now i know but around these parts, JHill is a nickname already spoken for and earned, pardner :bahgawd:

code:
12 team standard no ppr

bench:

R. Mathews
Sims
Knile Davis
Funchess
E. Royal

In no-ppr I really dislike your RBs. Looks like you picked at the tail end here, so I don't blame you for grabbing two top wideouts, but I don't like Green as your WR2. I feel like Dalton is just not the QB that is going to give you the consistency you need from your second round pick. Gordon would make a good RB2, Ellington is a bad RB1 in PPR (he's a scat back and takes a beating). Mathews can provide value down the line in PHI's offense, Knile is a lottery ticket and not worth rostering unless you already own Jamaal. drafting players as tradebait is a losing proposition; it almost never works out and even when it does, there's no guarantee that the other owner is going to trade with you.

Put Royal in the flex over VJax in Week 1.

I give you a C+.

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
I'm reposting from a few pages back as I got no response
10 team yahoo standard
QB-Romo
RB-Bell
RB-Gordon
WR-Cooper
WR-D.Thomas
WR-Hilton
TE-Olsen
K-Hauschka
DEF-NY Jets
Bench-A.Foster
Bench-Blount
Bench-Deangelo Williams (dropping after Bell's suspension is up)
Bench- Benard
Bench-Cruz
Bench-Fitzgerald

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

I'm reposting from a few pages back as I got no response
10 team yahoo standard
QB-Romo
RB-Bell
RB-Gordon
WR-Cooper
WR-D.Thomas
WR-Hilton
TE-Olsen
K-Hauschka
DEF-NY Jets
Bench-A.Foster
Bench-Blount
Bench-Deangelo Williams (dropping after Bell's suspension is up)
Bench- Benard
Bench-Cruz
Bench-Fitzgerald

Is that Joqiue Bell? I'd bench him for Week 1 and start Deangelo Williams. Hopefully Blount or Gordon pans out as a reliable RB this season. Foster could help you later on in the season.

I like your WR's, and I'd probably go with Cruz over Cooper to start the season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Prophecy120 posted:

The 16-team .5ppr BEER LEAGUE rosters are in! Pick #8

QB: Romo
RB: L. Murray
RB: S. Vereen
WR: D. Thomas
WR. A. Jeffery
Flex: A. Johnson
TE: T. Kelce
D: Colts
K: Sturgis

B: M. Colston
B: T. Williams
B: D. Sproles
B: D. Bowe
B: A. Smith
B: R. Turbin
B: T. Richardson

With 16 teams, the draft boards really do start to dry up fast after the first 8 or 9 rounds. I'm happy with this team. Weakness is obviously RB, but I think I have enough power in WR/QB/TE (Kelce dropped to the 5th) to make up for it.

Solid QB is weak but you've got upside with Vereen in a PPR league. I would have liked to see some more depth and LOL Richardson but it's 16 teams so whatever. Your strength and depth is obviously WR. Getting Kelce in the 5th of a 16 team league is loving nuts.

TubeStank posted:

same loving 16 team league

autodrafted lee because espn freaked out on me but oh well

EDIT: 16 team leagues are hilarious and i cannot recommend them highly enough

I like this one better than Prophecy120. The lack of a backup QB in such a deep league might be a concern, but your RB and WR starters are fantastic and I'm a fan of your depth. I like the Thomas/Gates combination. This is a scary team for a 16 player league.

Wolfy posted:

Beer League 2015: Maybe were just really bad at drafting

You have a lot of risk in your RBs, your flex is a rookie who has never played, and your depth terrifies me. Cobb and Gronk make up for it, and I can see the argument behind getting a second DST given how deep the league goes. That said I wish you had gone for more RB depth instead of getting Tim Tebow and Reed.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

16-team, PPR, the same beer league as everyone else:

QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Joseph Randle
Flex: Doug Martin
WR: AJ Green
WR: Davante Adams
TE: Martellus Bennett
D/ST: Rams
K: Phil Dawson

BENCH
Darren McFadden
Montee Ball
Ronnie Hillman
Markus Wheaton
Vernon Davis
Brandon Coleman
Reggie Wayne

I ended up handcuffing basically the Broncos run game and then the Cowboys as well through weird BPA situations, I figure after a couple weeks I can reasonably have a monopoly on that and cut at least a roster spot or two of dead weight.

Holy poo poo. This team has the potential to be terrifying. You locked up both the Broncos and Cowboys backfields, have two potentially top 15 receivers, and your RB depth is impressive. I would have like to see a backup QB to complement Tannehill but it's a minor thing given how solid you are. Awesome job.

dphi posted:

Eli looked unimpressive and your lack of a QB2 might be a concern. I really like your RB depth although Michael may not be the Seattle handcuff. Solid, if not amazing starters for WR and I would have liked to see maybe a bit more done there. That said no real complaints. Not perfect, but not bad.

railroad terror posted:

Here's my BEER LEAGUE team! Same 16 teams, 0.5 PPR:

I Honestly don't think I did too bad.

Honestly I'd say you did fine. Bridgewater is a high upside play although the lack of a QB2 might be a concern. I would be a little worried about having Crowell as my RB2 given how the last Cleveland game went but who knows WTF to think there. RB depth is good with backups in several key spots... plus Washington (LOL Redskins). I loving love your WRs and think you might be super strong there, plus your depth is top notch. Miller should get you by as far as TEs go.

Jota posted:

Sure I'll post my team too. This is also from the 16 team beer league

Wilson is Wilson so no issues there. I see a lot of risk in your RBs. Murray might be awesome but who knows how things go on Mr. Kelly's Wild Ride, Yeldon is a rookie, Sankey is dog poop, and your depth is a handcuff, a NE RB, and Damien Williams. WR is solid with Jones but again you have a rookie starter and no real depth to speak of. I'm really not a fan of this team.

BEER4THEBEERGOD'S UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL PRESEASON RANKINGS
Catfish Noodlin
TubeStank
railroad terror
dphi
Prophecy120
Wolfy
Jota
Everyone else who didn't post here because they're scrubs.

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
No it's le'veon bell

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sorry Not Sorry ELITE TIER Dynasty League 12 Team 0.5 PPR

1 QB
Andy "Red Rocket" Dalton
Peyton Manning
Robert Pattinson Brock Osweiler
Ryan Tannehill

2-3 RB
Cameron Artis-Payne
Jamaal Charles
Knile Davis
Jonas Gray
Jeremy Hill
Doug Martin
DeMarco Murray
Charles "Personal Jesus" Sims

3-4 WR
Davante Adams
Philip Dorsett
Devin Funchess
DeAndre Hopkins
Justin Hunter
Calvin Johnson
DeVante Parker
Brian Quick
Demaryius Thomas

1-2 TE
Jimmy Graham
Jordan Reed

1 DST
New England Patriots

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Miko posted:

What's a good place to get cheatsheets for a live draft? Everything is paywalled and I'm putting in my own sheets by copypasting into excel.

I do a thing that might help.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sorry Not Sorry ELITE TIER Dynasty League 12 Team 0.5 PPR

1 QB
Andy "Red Rocket" Dalton
Peyton Manning
Robert Pattinson Brock Osweiler
Ryan Tannehill

2-3 RB
Cameron Artis-Payne
Jamaal Charles
Knile Davis
Jonas Gray
Jeremy Hill
Doug Martin
DeMarco Murray
Charles "Personal Jesus" Sims

3-4 WR
Davante Adams
Philip Dorsett
Devin Funchess
DeAndre Hopkins
Justin Hunter
Calvin Johnson
DeVante Parker
Brian Quick
Demaryius Thomas

1-2 TE
Jimmy Graham
Jordan Reed

1 DST
New England Patriots

lol

Charles, Murray, and Hill at RB, DT, Calvin, Hopkins, Adams, and solid rookies at WR, and Graham at TE. I think you'll do OK this year :) Age is getting to be a bit of a concern, with none of Charles, Murray, Calvin, or Graham likely to increase in value over the next year or two, but you don't seem to had had much trouble adding guys like Hill, Hopkins, Parker, etc, so just keep on winning and adding good young dudes when they're available.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren:Big Money $100 league!:siren:

I had a very strange draft last night. I saw Seattle D/ST go in the 5th round, among other interesting choices. It was a keeper draft, so 20 players were off the board before the draft started.

Here's my dudes: (We start 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX - non-ppr standard scoring)

QB- Bridgewater, Rivers
RB- L. Bell, CJ Anderson, Randle, Abdullah, J. Bell, Woodhead, Gray
WR- Cobb, Tate, Edelman, Lafell, John Brown, Boldin, (as well as Jordy Nelson in the 15th round, great keeper value for next year. We have an IR slot)
TE- Daniels, Eifert

I'm obviously stacked at RB. Pretty drat happy about that. Pretty much every QB went way too early. I almost grabbed Big Ben and Tannehill at good value but they went a pick or two before me. Not too happy with Bridgewater as my QB1, but oh well. I was down on my WR"s at first, but upon review I'm ok with them. Tight end is ehh but whatever.

Thoughts? Should I trade for a QB? Who should I look to move?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 25, 2015

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok, so I picked 4th in a 10 team league. This was my first year doing a fantasy draft, and I thought I was ready but I unraveled VERY quickly. It was so much pressure, and after the 4th round I was like scrambling and not knowing what to do. I should mention that I don't really follow football and I don't know much about the players in the league or the teams in general. That being said, I'm NOT proud of my team and I DON'T think I did well. I genuinely want feedback on what I can do to fix this mess I put myself in.

10 team, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1R/W/T , 1PPR

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: DeMaryius Thomas
WR: Golden Tate
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Jason Witten
R/W/T: Lamar Miller

K: Adam Vinatieri

DEF: Indianapolis

BN: DeAngelo Williams (replaces Bell week 1 and 2)
BN: Anquan Boldin
BN: Steve Smith Sr.
BN: Pierre Garcon
BN: Colin Kaepernick

So basically, I picked 4th and was stuck deciding between Antonio Brown and Bell. I KNEW this was going to happen picking 4th and I made the snap decision of going with Bell but I almost regret it. Hopefully I won't once he's back.

I also somehow got a ton of WR and no RB's deep into the draft. I even had an extra WR but I dropped him and am trying to add Darren Sproles or Fred Jackson once the wire opens. I'm thinking of dropping Garcon for another RB as well.

My biggest fuckup was not paying enough attention to Bye week. My week 10 is completely hosed. Both my QB's are on bye that week, my K and DEF are as well. I'm gonna keep Kaepernick for the time being but I'll probably drop him or try to trade him if someone is desperate enough when we get closer to week 10 (I doubt it though).

I chose Indianapolis D as my last pick because they have a really easy schedule early in the season, but if I see it was a bad choice I'll just switch for another one, I'm sure I can find something easily.

Duro fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 25, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
It's too early to get worked up about bye weeks, especially a week 10 bye. A lot will change by then. With decent planning, you'll be fine.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Duro posted:

Ok, so I picked 4th in a 10 team league. This was my first year doing a fantasy draft, and I thought I was ready but I unraveled VERY quickly. It was so much pressure, and after the 4th round I was like scrambling and not knowing what to do. I should mention that I don't really follow football and I don't know much about the players in the league or the teams in general. That being said, I'm NOT proud of my team and I DON'T think I did well. I genuinely want feedback on what I can do to fix this mess I put myself in.

10 team, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1R/W/T , 1PPR

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: DeMaryius Thomas
WR: Golden Tate
RB: Le'Veon Bell
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Jason Witten
R/W/T: Lamar Miller

K: Adam Vinatieri

DEF: Indianapolis

BN: DeAngelo Williams (replaces Bell week 1 and 2)
BN: Anquan Boldin
BN: Steve Smith Sr.
BN: Pierre Garcon
BN: Colin Kaepernick

So basically, I picked 4th and was stuck deciding between Antonio Brown and Bell. I KNEW this was going to happen picking 4th and I made the snap decision of going with Bell but I almost regret it. Hopefully I won't once he's back.

I don't think this lineup is as bad as you make it out to be. Matty Ice could be a top 5 QB assuming Julio stays healthy all season. I'm high on Gore and Miller this year in PPR and Bell could/should be the #1 RB in PPR even with the suspension. D.Thomas will be a volume guy and Jason Witten should be an average TE so for me, really the only weak starter is Golden Tate as I'm not very high on him this year, but hes still a low end WR2 high end WR3. Boldin/Smith/Garcon are all good bench WR. I personally believe you don't need to roster 2 QBs in a 10 team league so trading Kaep for a depth RB wouldn't be a terrible idea.

If you could have told me I could have Antonio Brown, D. Thomas, Frank Gore and Lamar Miller as my starting 4 in a PPR league I would take that every time, but your starting 4 is a very, very close 2nd. If this were my team I would actually look at getting elite WR1 offers for Bell and see what happens.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I think I did well drafting 10th/10 teams but time will tell. What do you guys think? Non PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX

QB:
Romo
Rivers

RB:
Murray
Miller
Hyde
Mason
Blue
Mathews

WR:
Brown
Cobb
A. Cooper
LaFell
Colston

TE: Walker

K: Bailey
DEF: Carolina (streaming)

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Your WRs past your two studs in AB and Cobb are a little thin ---- I'd try to pawn off Tre Mason for someone like an Anquan Boldin or a Charles Johnson. Mathews is a great cuff for Murray.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I think I did well drafting 10th/10 teams but time will tell. What do you guys think? Non PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX

QB:
Romo
Rivers

RB:
Murray
Miller
Hyde
Mason
Blue
Mathews

WR:
Brown
Cobb
A. Cooper
LaFell
Colston

TE: Walker

K: Bailey
DEF: Carolina (streaming)

I do like your team. Like railroad terror said, your WRs are a little thin past your starters. I'm not quite sold on Cooper, but if he produces like everyone thinks, you should be fine. Maybe try to flip a RB for a decent WR? Who's left on waivers? Anyone like Eddie Royal or Kendall Wright? Since you're in a 10 team, someone has to still be out there.

I'm reposting my draft from Sunday.

.25 completion, .5PPR 12 team draft. I picked 7th. First real draft this year.

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Brandin Cooks
TE - Zach Ertz
Flex - Jarvis Landry
D/ST - Eagles
K - nothing yet
BN - Jonathan Stewart
BN - Alfred Blue
BN - Victor Cruz
BN - Kendall Wright
BN - Eddie Royal

I tried to snag Davante Adams when the commish unlocked the league, but someone beat me to it. I dropped my kicker for Eddie Royal instead. I'm trying to do a 2 for 1 to the Jordy Nelson owner right now. Then I'll grab a kicker.

How did I do?

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I have 2. Both of them have ESPN standard scoring with no PPR and 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 D/ST.

This one is a 10 team auction keeper with $200 to start with. Keeper rules: You can keep the player at the same price for 2 years, 3rd year you can either option them for the same price and have to let them go the next year, or you can sign them to a long term deal for +$5 per year.

I have since moved Benjamin and White to IR and picked up Robert Turbin and Fred Jackson (I believe they can be kept for $5). I imagine I will drop some of these RBs when a WR that is available stands out.

This one is a 12 team snake draft. No keepers.

How did I do?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

yoyodyne posted:

I have 2. Both of them have ESPN standard scoring with no PPR and 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 D/ST.

This one is a 10 team auction keeper with $200 to start with. Keeper rules: You can keep the player at the same price for 2 years, 3rd year you can either option them for the same price and have to let them go the next year, or you can sign them to a long term deal for +$5 per year.

I have since moved Benjamin and White to IR and picked up Robert Turbin and Fred Jackson (I believe they can be kept for $5). I imagine I will drop some of these RBs when a WR that is available stands out.

This one is a 12 team snake draft. No keepers.

How did I do?

The RBs are a little weak on the first, but that's probably because most of the good ones were already kept. On the second, I'd pick up some type of high-ceiling TE2 and drop Harvin in case J. Thomas dropoff is steep due to being on the Jags/being injured. For both, I'd scan the schedule of the QBS and waivers and see if there's anyone to stream while Brady is suspended. Stafford has some rough matchups and who knows what Winston is yet.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007

coronaball posted:

The RBs are a little weak on the first, but that's probably because most of the good ones were already kept. On the second, I'd pick up some type of high-ceiling TE2 and drop Harvin in case J. Thomas dropoff is steep due to being on the Jags/being injured. For both, I'd scan the schedule of the QBS and waivers and see if there's anyone to stream while Brady is suspended. Stafford has some rough matchups and who knows what Winston is yet.

This was actually the first year for the keeper league. Beckham and Bryant went pretty early so I was a bit gun shy when bidding on some of the premium RBs that came up shortly after. Some of the pieces that I read indicated that WRs tend to be safer keepers than RBs due to injuries and such, and I felt that was a pretty good price for them, and with Benjamin, I should be set at that position for a while. I imagine that at least one of my younger RBs (Yeldon, Gordon, etc) should have a good season, and should be worth keeping around. Do you agree?

With regard to Winston, I guess we will see how he does early on. He does have VJax and Evans to throw to, so he may end up doing surprisingly well for a Bucs QB. If that is the case, I have a pretty solid keeper and some money to spend on an RB next year.

In the other league, I will certainly look for alternatives for week 4 (Seattle game), if not earlier. No available TEs stand out, but I will see how things shake up in the early season.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

SeannieDarko posted:

I'm reposting my draft from Sunday.

.25 completion, .5PPR 12 team draft. I picked 7th. First real draft this year.

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Brandin Cooks
TE - Zach Ertz
Flex - Jarvis Landry
D/ST - Eagles
K - nothing yet
BN - Jonathan Stewart
BN - Alfred Blue
BN - Victor Cruz
BN - Kendall Wright
BN - Eddie Royal

I tried to snag Davante Adams when the commish unlocked the league, but someone beat me to it. I dropped my kicker for Eddie Royal instead. I'm trying to do a 2 for 1 to the Jordy Nelson owner right now. Then I'll grab a kicker.

How did I do?

You need another TE. Ertz is injured, and even if he's back by game one, he wasn't very good last year. Outside of that it's a great team. Getting Gore, Forte, Megatron, and Cooks in a 12 man is a really solid start. Cooks and Gore were gone before the end of the 3rd in my 12 man .5 ppr league. Landry is a great 3rd WR and J.Stewart is a solid 3rd RB as well.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

drafted earlier tonight.. 12 team, 1 PPR, 11th spot of 12 yahoo league
QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 FLEX / DST / K

1.11 - Demaryius Thomas
2.02 - Odell Beckham, Jr.
3.11 - Alfred Morris
4.02 - Carlos Hyde
5.11 - Jarvis Landry
6.02 - Jonathan Stewart
7.11 - Ryan Tannehill
8.02 - Roddy White
9.11 - Eddie Royal
10.2 - Bishop Sankey
11.11 - Eli Manning
12.02 - Breshad Perriman
13.11 - Austin Seferian-Jenkins
14.02 - Connor Barth (connection fuckup autodraft pick)
15.11 - Josh Hill
16.02 - KC Defense

I hate my bench but whatev I guess

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
10 team auction with 1qb 2rb 2wr 2flex 1te 1def no ppr

Sam Bradford / Carson Palmer
Adrian Peterson / Chris Ivory / Gio Bernard / Arian foster / duke Johnson
Calvin Johnson / Jordan Matthews / allen Robinson / Charles Johnson / Jarvis Landry / Kendall wright
Rob gronkowski
Houston

I got my targeted guys with a couple exception what do you guys think?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

enahs posted:

10 team auction with 1qb 2rb 2wr 2flex 1te 1def no ppr

Sam Bradford / Carson Palmer
Adrian Peterson / Chris Ivory / Gio Bernard / Arian foster / duke Johnson
Calvin Johnson / Jordan Matthews / allen Robinson / Charles Johnson / Jarvis Landry / Kendall wright
Rob gronkowski
Houston

I got my targeted guys with a couple exception what do you guys think?

Your QB is shaky. I would have felt better having any one of Tanny, Ben or Ryan. Team is stacked outside of that, so you should be able to weather the QB storm.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This was for a 1 PPR league, 12 teams, and I picked 4th. I feel really happy about my top 3 picks, (Brown, Cobb, and McCoy) and maybe I'm just not used to 12 team leagues, but I'm not wild about my flexes or bench.

I plan on streaming defenses.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yahoo, 10 Team standard mock, went by BeerSheets for practice, WR talent is not good, but could not pass up the chance at the 5th and 7th best players in the draft. Could have taken Tannehill but he is on bye when Brady is gone, along with Cam and Bridgewater, FYI.

QB Sam Bradford (Phi - QB) 
RB Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB) 
RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB) 
WR DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR) 
WR Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR) 
WR Keenan Allen (SD - WR)
TE Owen Daniels (Den - TE) 
K Steven Hauschka (Sea - K) 
D Kansas City (KC - DEF) 
BENCH
Joseph Randle (Dal - RB) 
Kendall Wright (Ten - WR) 
Mike Wallace (Min - WR)   
Tom Brady (NE - QB) 
Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB) 
Brandon LaFell (NE - WR) 

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Michael Corleone posted:

Yahoo, 10 Team standard mock, went by BeerSheets for practice, WR talent is not good, but could not pass up the chance at the 5th and 7th best players in the draft. Could have taken Tannehill but he is on bye when Brady is gone, along with Cam and Bridgewater, FYI.

QB Sam Bradford (Phi - QB) 
RB Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB) 
RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB) 
WR DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR) 
WR Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR) 
WR Keenan Allen (SD - WR)
TE Owen Daniels (Den - TE) 
K Steven Hauschka (Sea - K) 
D Kansas City (KC - DEF) 
BENCH
Joseph Randle (Dal - RB) 
Kendall Wright (Ten - WR) 
Mike Wallace (Min - WR)   
Tom Brady (NE - QB) 
Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB) 
Brandon LaFell (NE - WR) 

yikes. I see forte, lynch and sanders all having worse years than last year. that said randle is a good backup for them. you are one bradford knee implosion away from an entire early season derail. I would be worried for the first 4 weeks.

what position did u draft in?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

TommyGun85 posted:

yikes. I see forte, lynch and sanders all having worse years than last year. that said randle is a good backup for them. you are one bradford knee implosion away from an entire early season derail. I would be worried for the first 4 weeks.

what position did u draft in?

5th, and I didn't exactly go by the right draft sheet, but still, how do I get both those guys? Too good to pass up, though I am not really convinced that is a great team, it was a dry run, going to find the RIGHT sheet for these Yahoo mocks and try again tonight. Thanks for the critique!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Michael Corleone posted:

5th, and I didn't exactly go by the right draft sheet, but still, how do I get both those guys? Too good to pass up, though I am not really convinced that is a great team, it was a dry run, going to find the RIGHT sheet for these Yahoo mocks and try again tonight. Thanks for the critique!

drafting 5th in a 10 team I would probably pick Lynch like you did but then I would go with one of the elite WRs with my second pick. I also would draft my TE basically right before my D and K.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
TE, K, D were my last picks, ALMOST had the Ravens fall to me.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I've got first pick in a league with .25/rush attempt and .5/reception. I'm thinking AD #1. Can anyone dissuade me?

Akbar fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 27, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Akbar posted:

I've got first pick in a league with .25/rush attempt and .5/reception. I'm thinking AD #1. Can anyone dissuade me?

Points per rush attempt adds a ton of extra value for RBs. The first round should be like all RBs. AP or Bell would be my choices for 1st pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
.5 PPR with standard 1QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/TE/DST/K

This may be the best group of active drafters I have ever seen in a pubbie group. There were no autodrafters, and there were no Taco picks (no DST in the 5th rd).

OBD nearly fell to me in Rd 2, but was snapped up right before my pick. So I got Megatron instead. Beer Sheets were a tremendous help, thank you Beer!

• Locked thread