Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

http://www.barellalaw.com/attorneys--professionals.html

Apparently its just him and and either his wife or sister so its not really a big law firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Radbot posted:

Why would a dude that's trying to kill millions of people have a problem killing one

Because killing one person is murder, killing millions is acceptable collateral damage

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hangedman1984 posted:

Because killing one person is murder, killing millions is acceptable collateral damage

Please don't misquote Comrade Stalin.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

computer parts posted:

The problem with BLM is that everyone's wearing sagging pants, so says someone who literally marched with MLK.

Still parses as Bureau of Land Management for me lol.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

The problem with BLM is that everyone's wearing sagging pants, so says someone who literally marched with MLK.

[I’m a white suburbanite who supports the police. Can I march for #BlackLivesMatter?]

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Jack2142 posted:

http://www.barellalaw.com/attorneys--professionals.html

Apparently its just him and and either his wife or sister so its not really a big law firm.

He went to a law school founded by the Domino's Pizza founder. Antonin Scalia helped develop the curriculum and Robert Bork was a professor.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I thought they made up and Ailes bribed Trump with airtime on the most pro-Trump Fox News show? Is this just part of what Ailes bought?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A middle-aged man in Texas tried to lift the "sagging" pants up of a 16 year old person inside a Houston store and was charged with a hate crime.

Don't do hate crime people.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hope he has fun on the sex offender registry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why do they get so mad about sagging pants of all things?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Hope he has fun on the sex offender registry.

Nobody mentioned that in the story so I bet he is on it, and I have a feeling the only reason the news tells people those stories around here is to inspire: *head shaking*"drat KIDS today" type reactions.

Not even to build sympathy for the child.

Mr. Fed
Aug 23, 2006
Regarding the legal threat based on the Yelp review:

http://popehat.com/2015/08/25/lawyer-threatens-yelp-reviewer-with-lawsuit-is-wrong/

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

Because sagging pants are popular with a certain demographic???

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Huma safe from Danger, but still in the news:

quote:

As questions continue to dog Mrs. Clinton about her use of a private email account, a spotlight has landed on Ms. Abedin, the aide so often at her side that she has been called Mrs. Clinton’s “surrogate daughter.”

Ms. Abedin’s own emails on her boss’s private server have drawn increasingly intense scrutiny — as has an arrangement she made to earn income privately while she worked for Mrs. Clinton at the State Department. Ms. Abedin was on Mrs. Clinton’s personal payroll, and her other outside employers were the Clinton Foundation and Teneo, a consulting firm co-founded by Douglas J. Band, a former counselor to former President Bill Clinton.

When that arrangement was first revealed more than two years ago, political opponents including Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa and chairman of the Judiciary Committee, raised concerns about potential conflicts of interest. But those quieted until the email controversy provided a new opening — and the potential for new information to be unearthed.

In a recent letter to the State Department, Mr. Grassley suggested that Ms. Abedin, at Mr. Band’s request, may have asked Mrs. Clinton to urge President Obama to give a White House appointment to a Teneo client, Judith Rodin, the head of the Rockefeller Foundation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/us/politics/huma-abedin-clinton-emails.html?ref=politics

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zoux posted:

The usual excuse is that it looks "sloppy" or they bring up the myth that it started in prison as a way to invite buttsex (I think it actually did start in prison, but due to poorly fitting prison clothing rather). The thing is, sagging pants and such are the only things that get outright banned or made illegal to wear. It's semi-transparent structural racism.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hahaha, oh this is good. I hope Barella responds.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

The usual excuse is that it looks "sloppy" or they bring up the myth that it started in prison as a way to invite buttsex (I think it actually did start in prison, but due to poorly fitting prison clothing rather). The thing is, sagging pants and such are the only things that get outright banned or made illegal to wear. It's semi-transparent structural racism.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point that whenever I see a sign saying "dress code strictly enforced" I take it to mean "no black people".

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, it's gotten to the point that whenever I see a sign saying "dress code strictly enforced" I take it to mean "no black people".

And sometimes no hippies.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

James Garfield posted:

He went to a law school founded by the Domino's Pizza founder. Antonin Scalia helped develop the curriculum and Robert Bork was a professor.

Oh my. I know this school by reputation. It's exactly as it sounds it would be.

Thank you very much for the analysis. I think it's pretty much what everyone felt to be accurate here.

mlmp08 posted:

And sometimes no hippies.

Sometimes no panhandlers, and sometimes 'we're near a beach, yes, but you are not walking in here wet and wearing just a banana smuggler'. I feel the last one is legitimate.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 25, 2015

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Nonsense posted:

A middle-aged man in Texas tried to lift the "sagging" pants up of a 16 year old person inside a Houston store and was charged with a hate crime.

Don't do hate crime people.

Jesus christ, hate crime? Why is that style still popular? Sadly I remember rocking this style somewhat...17 years ago. With JNCOs. Yeah.

Oh hey, guess what guys, CMP released another undercover video, with yet again more dumb motherfuckers from StemExpress, this time joking about shipping complete severed fetus heads.

e: Wait, so under no circumstances now I can't bitch about sagging? It's loving stupid! Not the JNCOs I mentioned earlier though, of course.

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 25, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How are u posted:

Because sagging pants are popular with a certain demographic???

There's a lot of things popular with a certain demographic but saggin' pants is public enemy no. 1

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I went to a court not far from Atlanta for corporate legal proceedings (long story) and they had signs describing what was banned. Do-rags and sagging pants were the most noticeable, along with t-shirts with any graphics on them.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Ooh, t-shirts with graphics. Good call. I know a lot of things people can do with them to affect a case. (face) in heaven shirts were popular for a while, as I recall. Does WONDERS for convicting people.
Also random anarchists wearing eff the police shirts, etc. Massive disruption. Not to mention sports jersey issues (gang) which should be obvious.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

chitoryu12 posted:

I went to a court not far from Atlanta for corporate legal proceedings (long story) and they had signs describing what was banned. Do-rags and sagging pants were the most noticeable, along with t-shirts with any graphics on them.

I fail to see the inherent racism in this, it's a court room.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I fail to see the inherent racism in this, it's a court room.

*points at judge and DA*

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Am I mistaken, or is this the most damning thing to come out of this entire mess?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Nuts/rear end 2016

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

computer parts posted:

The Santa Clausification of MLK strikes again. :sigh:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Some town in Louisiana made sagging your pants a ticketable offense a few years back and had the gall to claim it wasn't about race.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised sagging is still in fashion considering it's been going on uninterrupted or over 20 years and clothing fads typically don't last that long.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mulva posted:

MLK was Black Ronald Reagan before Ronald Reagan was Ronald Reagan. What he did and stood for doesn't actually matter any more, he's simply a blank avatar for the vague concept of the "struggle against racism" who people can ascribe their own motivations onto.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wow an actual potential corruption issue!

quote:

Ms. Abedin declined to comment for this article. But in a letter sent on Friday to the legal adviser’s office of the State Department, her lawyer, Miguel E. Rodriguez, wrote that Mr. Grassley’s notion that Ms. Abedin may have intervened on Ms. Rodin’s behalf was demonstrably false — Ms. Rodin received a presidential appointment two years before Ms. Abedin began working for Teneo — and that Mr. Grassley was citing hearsay related to email exchanges he had not seen.

Oh.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Wow an actual potential corruption issue!

Oh.
It even almost sounded believable!

That said, the fact that it's false doesn't matter, bloggers and political cartoonists are going to make hay and rile up the base about how they've finally found the smoking gun to take down Hillary. We live in a post-fact world.

I'm guessing they'll call it Teneogate over Teneoghazi. Sounds better.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 25, 2015

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Politico is reporting that Chucky J's reveal of Menendez's Dominican prostitution adventures may have been legit after all

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Some town in Louisiana made sagging your pants a ticketable offense a few years back and had the gall to claim it wasn't about race.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised sagging is still in fashion considering it's been going on uninterrupted or over 20 years and clothing fads typically don't last that long.

I'm surprised sagging is still in fashion because it looks like a loving pain in the rear end. Like every guy I see doing it has one hand perpetually holding up his pants.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mulva posted:

Listen to black people, unless they disagree with you, then they've sold out to the establishment.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm surprised sagging is still in fashion because it looks like a loving pain in the rear end. Like every guy I see doing it has one hand perpetually holding up his pants.

Style has never been about comfort or convenience.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don't understand the physics of it. I have seen the waist of the jeans fully below the rear end and yet the jeans still hold. Is the belt fully tightened on the thighs? gently caress that style, bring back JNCOs, the only true style of my youth!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

Listen to black people, unless they disagree with you, then they've sold out to the establishment.

First of all I am black, and second no I'm not saying that. I'm saying that when a black person parrots the same kind of deflecting rhetoric that white racists have literally been using since the end of slavery, it's fair to call them out on it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

zoux posted:

Style has never been about comfort or convenience.

I beg to differ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

gently caress style. Cargo pants have pretty much been the only pants I've worn in casual settings my entire adolescent to adult life, and I see no reason to stop now. They are comfortable, spacious and versatile.

• Locked thread