Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

I find this post convincing but my gut just says merk is town. I don't know his meta as well as you guys I guess but I don't think he flips scum after casing so many people. I don't think merk would have been nearly as talkative if he was phoneposting as scum.

Merk once told me that he pretends to phonepost as scum sometimes. Granted this was a few years ago...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

The Ninth Layer posted:

Anyone who thinks Hiipfire's big list of reads is good is wrong. He's got a claimed confirmed mason in his scummiest spot. A dead guy in his "didn't notice him" category. Not sure how that happens if he has "caught up" to the thread, unless he was skimming to the point that he missed claims and lynches and poo poo, in which case his gut opinions are worthless.

ahh that explains why my count was 18 players but I still missed PMom

also hey cut me a break I was catching up in my school's computer lab where like 20 12-year olds were loudly playing some lovely free to play FPS

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I think merk is Scum and a good lynch for today. His recent posts seem to amount to a last-ditch bid for a sympathy reprieve and I think a Townmerk would be more engaged and tenacious.

##unvote
##vote merk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

I find this post convincing but my gut just says merk is town. I don't know his meta as well as you guys I guess but I don't think he flips scum after casing so many people. I don't think merk would have been nearly as talkative if he was phoneposting as scum.

This is a bad post that is massively hedgey. He's setting himself up to avoid voting merk while still being able to say 'yeah, I agreed with that lynch' after merk flips. Why do you think scum wouldn't case many people?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

HiipFire posted:

also hey cut me a break I was catching up in my school's computer lab where like 20 12-year olds were loudly playing some lovely free to play FPS

It is good that you are spending time with your peers.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

HiipFire posted:

Hey that's fine, but don't expect me to call that half-assed list a masterpiece, and consider me skeptical of the people that said it was a good post.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TNL, I've only seen one person say Hiip's post was good:

ljtrigirl posted:

I do like most of these reads. What did you find from Ninth on the re-read?

I saw that you have PMom as leaning town. Why?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I like that it was a List.
More Lists from everyone plz.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah that's the post that stuck out to me.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Lumpen posted:

thanks for the support

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Lumpen posted:

Vegan "Chicken" Nuggets I Just Ate

~*~DEFINITELY DELICIOUS~*~

1) The first nugget
2) The sixth nugget
3) The fourth nugget

~*~QUESTIONABLE QUALITY~*~

4) The third nugget
5) The fifth nugget

~*~SLOPPY SOY~*~

6) The second nugget
7) The seventh nugget

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ecco has responded to Lumpen in thread, confirming him as town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah that's the post that stuck out to me.

You said earlier that you thought lj what doing good scum hunting - do you stand by that?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ecco has responded to Lumpen in thread, confirming him as town.
Confirming this.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Lumpen posted:

Confirming this.

Confirming he's not in the scumdoc

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

oh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Best animes:

1.) Family Guy
2.) Avatar the Last Airbendee
3.) King of the Hill
4.) The Simpsons
5.) Pokemans

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HiipFire posted:

Ughhhh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Best Ponies
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Rarity
3. Fluttershy
4. Rainbow Dash
5. Twilight Sparkle
6. Applejack

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Best Ponies
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Rarity
3. Fluttershy
4. Rainbow Dash
5. Twilight Sparkle
6. Applejack

I'm hurt that my original avatar does not appear on your list. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have awoken and am catching up!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think SirSam is a pretty good dunk choice, too. The only really case he's made is on me, on day one, ten minutes before deadline, and it's not great.

He votes gamer really quickly, and then comments a bit on me today but never actually votes me, while calling lj's case on me bad. He looks like someone pretty self-conscious about placing his vote.

He also has the weird pressuring of Exakt about the poison, which, w/e.

Really quickly? We were literally past the deadline.

Kashuno posted:

Still rereading but I would vote Vimes to get the pearl somewhere else.

I can still drop it if you want it off me badly enough that you'll vote me for it.

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm going to get lynched. I don't have the time or even a computer to stop it. Good job, scum - two games in a row where my unavailability gets me lynched (saved my CPig in the last one). Lynch Diqnol and PMom when I flip town.

I'm vanilla. Same last name as the dude I quote in pre-game but different first name. Don't remember what.

Uggghhh posts like this are the worst. I still think you're town but seriously, defeated posts like this are anti-town as hell.

Pinterest Mom posted:

ljt, on merk

calls him town

calls him....... probably town?

this stinky turd of a post, where she throws suspicion on him based on Meinberg flipping scum

~spooky dream ghosts~

and now she wants to kill him

Her case on me is crap. Her case on Meinberg is crap. Her case on merk is crap. Come on.

This... is actually pretty good. Pmom, you're actually engaging in the game which you didn't really do day 1.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

What do you call Keane accusing someone who accuses him?

An OMGHOST

:v:

Rarity posted:

Best Ponies
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Rarity
3. Fluttershy
4. Rainbow Dash
5. Twilight Sparkle
6. Applejack

##vote Rarity

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Rarity posted:

This is a bad post that is massively hedgey. He's setting himself up to avoid voting merk while still being able to say 'yeah, I agreed with that lynch' after merk flips. Why do you think scum wouldn't case many people?

I do not think merk is scum. I will not vote him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

And in regards to your question rarity, I don't think he would be going on different cases as much. My meta read on scum merk is that he tunnels on particular people with more convincing cases. The fact that he is being attentive and looking at many different people is a point for him, in my opinion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote Rarity

I reckon Sam's town

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

And in regards to your question rarity, I don't think he would be going on different cases as much. My meta read on scum merk is that he tunnels on particular people with more convincing cases. The fact that he is being attentive and looking at many different people is a point for him, in my opinion.

You have the exact opposite meta read of merk that I do. Like, the very exact opposite.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

You said earlier that you thought lj what doing good scum hunting - do you stand by that?

No. I think ljtrigirl has come out of every exchange today looking worse. I'm not opposed to the lynch but I'm also not voting a player new to SA Mafia out on Day 2.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

You have the exact opposite meta read of merk that I do. Like, the very exact opposite.

Maybe you've answered this before idk, but can you answer rarity's question from the opposite side? Do you think merk casing many different people makes him look scummy?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

No. I think ljtrigirl has come out of every exchange today looking worse. I'm not opposed to the lynch but I'm also not voting a player new to SA Mafia out on Day 2.

So when WILL you feel comfortable lynching a player new to SA?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

Maybe you've answered this before idk, but can you answer rarity's question from the opposite side? Do you think merk casing may different people makes him look scummy?

I think him casing a lot of people weakly makes him look scummy, yes. It comes off more as he's looking for a home for his vote than any real suspicion. When town merk is suspicious he's vocal and pushy.

Kashuno posted:

So when WILL you feel comfortable lynching a player new to SA?

Day 3.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also, I would honestly rather not drop the the pearl. It'd be pretty bad for scum to get their hands on it, and while dropping it would allow it to go to another town there's a very real chance that a scum player would snatch it up. For the time being, I feel like it's safest with me.

Okay time for my shift, see you all in fourteen hours!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

The Ninth Layer posted:

It sounds like his scum merk is "Reasonable Merk" and town merk is "Unreasonable Merk"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
drop it now I'll take it,

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Also, I would honestly rather not drop the the pearl. It'd be pretty bad for scum to get their hands on it, and while dropping it would allow it to go to another town there's a very real chance that a scum player would snatch it up. For the time being, I feel like it's safest with me.

Thanks for dropping your vote on a claimed mason on deadline day....

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

HiipFire posted:

It sounds like his scum merk is "Reasonable Merk" and town merk is "Unreasonable Merk"

More like scum merk is cautious merk and town merk is much more heedless.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SirSamVimes posted:

Now I don't reckon Sam is town. You're going to leave a jokevote on me with deadline in a few hours?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

so you leave your vote on a mason on deadline d2 seems strong.

e;fb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also anyone grabbing the pearl before a claimed confirmed mason would be begging to be lynched, it wouldn't be worth it for scum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Also anyone grabbing the pearl before a claimed confirmed mason would be begging to be lynched, it wouldn't be worth it for scum

On a website called Something Awful, you would be surprised what people will and won't do in a Mafia game without thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

Have you changed your mind on merk?

No, I still think he's scummy and would vote him.

• Locked thread