Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

My concern is that the pearl switches the alignment of the holder or some similar dumb thing.

Considering how mad Ecco was at your Skyrim set up I doubt it :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

I guess we could hold a group consensus that nobody picks up the pearl. I'm not super interested in speculating about what it does but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to say just don't pick it up.

O like this.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Considering how mad Ecco was at your Skyrim set up I doubt it :P

Oh the stories I could tell you about other Ecoo games...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I guess we could hold a group consensus that nobody picks up the pearl. I'm not super interested in speculating about what it does but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to say just don't pick it up.

I'd still like to pick it up if there is a safe way to confirm my alignment afterwards. I'd be happy to leave it where it is if only one of us is left

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When I get up a computer, I'm am just going to unload.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't have any problem with either mason picking the pearl up and think alignment-swapping speculation may be over-paranoid. Plus I think Ecco would give us dirty looks if we let the setup's namesake sit in the dirt.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

When I get up a computer, I'm am just going to unload.

:wow:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't have any problem with either mason picking the pearl up and think alignment-swapping speculation may be over-paranoid. Plus I think Ecco would give us dirty looks if we let the setup's namesake sit in the dirt.

We can put it in the corner and cover it with a sheet, Ecco would never know.

That said, I think giving it to a mason is the better choice. That way we don't have to worry about it being scooped up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

You're getting part of it too. Regardless of your masonry.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
On reflection, I'm not sure I like how the vote's swung away from merk. I said to Kash that it would take something big to turn the tide elsewhere and sure enough Sam's come in and been a huge idiot and everyone's taking the opportunity to jump on it. But I've seen much more from merk to make me suspicious than I have from Sam.

I'm going to leave my vote where it is when I go to bed, just in case something swings it back round. I except town can lynch Sam without me if it wants to anyway and if they do he's done enough bad play to deserve the heat.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Ninth Layer posted:

Even though if they'd done that in the story this game is based on, everything would have turned out fine?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I would support the Masons holding the pearl, and Vimes should drop it on pain of death if he refuses.

However, I really don't think SirSam is likely to flip Scum and I would prefer not to mislynch today. The bandwagon swing off merk reeks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I would support the Masons holding the pearl, and Vimes should drop it on pain of death if he refuses.

However, I really don't think SirSam is likely to flip Scum and I would prefer not to mislynch today. The bandwagon swing off merk reeks.

This is the first smart thing you've said in this game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just gonna repeat what I said to Kash here cause I think the analysis is worth bearing in mind.

It's not a bad lynch by any means but the swing from merk feels suss to me. It's always easier to lynch town merk cause scum jump all over the case. Scum merk is way harder cause his buddies will normally hold back from voting him so he escapes the lynch (Counter-Strike Mafia is a great example of this). So him sitting as top candidate with plenty of heat for ages to suddenly being out of the discussion looks scummy as hell to me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

On reflection, I'm not sure I like how the vote's swung away from merk. I said to Kash that it would take something big to turn the tide elsewhere and sure enough Sam's come in and been a huge idiot and everyone's taking the opportunity to jump on it. But I've seen much more from merk to make me suspicious than I have from Sam.

I'm going to leave my vote where it is when I go to bed, just in case something swings it back round. I except town can lynch Sam without me if it wants to anyway and if they do he's done enough bad play to deserve the heat.
The people who switched off merk were EXAKT, Kash and myself, just to be clear. Do you think more than one of us is scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Ninth Layer posted:

The people who switched off merk were EXAKT, Kash and myself, just to be clear. Do you think more than one of us is scum?

I've felt iffy about Exakt since he switch off the vote leader to start pushing a TM case that had zero other votes while still claiming to think merk was scum. I've felt your posting this game has been very towny and think it's more likely you're just being misled. It's not necessarily the people switching from merk in this situation are the scum, there's also the other people piling onto Sam (and Samfu earlier) that have influenced your swing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##unvote

##vote merk

You guys are gonna make me read too much. Deadline is tonight apparently so I should read something I guess.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

##unvote

##vote merk

You guys are gonna make me read too much. Deadline is tonight apparently so I should read something I guess.

Can you focus on the push from merk to the Sams and tell me if it looks artificial to you please?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
##vote SirSamVimes

At this point I feel better about this vote than merk, who I've been on the fence on. I'll try to check in before deadline, but can't be sure if I'll be able to or not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Just gonna repeat what I said to Kash here cause I think the analysis is worth bearing in mind.

It's not a bad lynch by any means but the swing from merk feels suss to me. It's always easier to lynch town merk cause scum jump all over the case. Scum merk is way harder cause his buddies will normally hold back from voting him so he escapes the lynch (Counter-Strike Mafia is a great example of this). So him sitting as top candidate with plenty of heat for ages to suddenly being out of the discussion looks scummy as hell to me.

This isn't a bad point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway I need to go to bed now. Everyone, I hope you make the right choice here.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Rarity looks better than she did D1, that's why I'm not dogging her any more.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Samfucius posted:

Rarity is claiming confirmed masons with Kash.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Diqnol is still scummy, and my actual pick for today. My pressure on keane was legitimate but diq is still worse. All you fell off him once he started posting "nice" which I don't get at all.

##unvote
##vote diqnol

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Rarity is claiming confirmed masons with Kash.

I am aware of this.

I buy it.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Only four hours to deadline here, I will change my vote if necessary on my lunch break but I really prefer diqnol.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Samfucius posted:

Diqnol is still scummy, and my actual pick for today. My pressure on keane was legitimate but diq is still worse. All you fell off him once he started posting "nice" which I don't get at all.

##unvote
##vote diqnol

This is a nonsense vote. What is your take on Merk?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Samfucius posted:

I am aware of this.

I buy it.

Then you phrased this:

Samfucius posted:

In the craziest possible way.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Also I do not get this sirsamvimes thing at all.

Are we just mad because he has the pearl?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Then you phrased this:

In the craziest possible way.

Why do I need to specifically mention the masons thing is things are jiving better in general?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

CCKeane posted:

This is a nonsense vote. What is your take on Merk?

Merk seems town to me. He is posting without pretense, as far as I can read these things.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What's your take on Merk, Sam?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I do not want to vote him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Samfucius posted:

Why do I need to specifically mention the masons thing is things are jiving better in general?

Because there is a big difference tone wise between "I backed off because ofna claim" and "I backed off because of her posting" and you implied the latter pretty strongly, which suggests you've been reading the game closely, an assertion that I doubt with every ounce of my ghostly being.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I'm here and in transit. Will be around for the deadline.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Would someone summarize the SirSam case or link me to where he was last discussed?

Thank you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Samfucius posted:

##unvote

##vote samfucius

I think you flip scum.

I reread Samfucius earlier and I've been thinking about it, and while he is lurking in the sense that this game has a large volume of posts, he has posted pretty consistently since the game started. He isn't self-conscious, as was said earlier, but he is harping on very specific things while not even mentioning big, game-important stuff. He doesn't seem in the conversation at all, and it's not because he isn't posting or doesn't have time to respond to the more important stuff. It's not thoughtless, it's fake.

Vimes has posted a lot of white noise but I just read it as more genuine. Samfucius here reminds me of when I read Dark Hospital II, where he was scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think the better options is ##vote merk

His posting is not sincere and he is not scum hunting. From today

merk posted:

I'm voting Keane until he votes. I'm also not posting until Keane votes.

I will revisit this stance if Keane claims something that explains why he has not voted.

very next post

merk posted:

I saw a post by ltjrigirl and wanted to try to figure out her alignment I think.

##unvote; ##vote Pmom

If CCKeane is doing this stuff tomorrow he needs to go. I don't know why we don't care that there is a guy who refuses to vote.

He is not interested in Keane's role alignment here and his "only voting keane" comment is posturing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Taking another look over merk, some things stand out to me that haven't been discussed.
The major thing is the sheer number of times he makes excuses for being out of the thread, not posting, not posting enough, not contributing. In my experience, just like lurking is Scummy, being selfconscious about appearing to lurk is especially Scummy. Being absent from the thread isn't great, but explicitly excusing oneself from posting is Scummy. I realize that a lot of the community here disagrees with me about this and misinterprets this point as criticizing people for being busy IRL. That is not what I'm saying is Scummy, it's incessantly talking about it in a self-conscious way that is Scummy. I don't think I've ever seen merk do it. I don't know if it's an intentional experimental gambit or an unintentional slip, but holy cow he does it is ridiculously prevalent in his posting.

I think I've caught them all but I'm not even sure:

merk posted:

Guys, I am in a conference call and have to pee very badly. Help.

merk posted:

I made it through the conference call, guys.

merk posted:

I will be out of pocket all day tomorrow and maybe through deadline. I'm moving into a new home which doesn't have Internet yet. At best, I will be on a phone.
This was done on a phone so apologize for formatting.

merk posted:

I didn't read the gamer case yet beyond a glance. There's one post of his I saw that I didn't like.

With that, I'm going to enjoy my new home with my wife and a bottle of bubbly. Adieu.

merk posted:

I have to drive to Indianapolis today in a few hours, so I'm going to hang around the house a bit until then. I think I want to analyze: a) how Gamer became the lynch candidate; and b) who was leading the lynch at the time Gamer started bubbling.

merk posted:

I'm out for awhile. Let that irrational fear build up and vote me instead of looking at my a) and b) items which actually finds a scum.

merk posted:

Ok, I'm really out this time.

merk posted:

Ok, going to get on the road right now.

merk posted:

I am posting through iPhone voice recognition so I apologize if that didn't come through correctly.

merk posted:

I'm out all week during the business day working. Gotta get back.

merk posted:

We lynched town on d1 and no one has analyzed that lynch. I haven't had the opportunity yet because I've been on a phone.

Why has no one else done it?
This looks like merk feels he can get a mislynch bandwagon started somewhere around the D1 lynch but he is avoiding getting it rolling himself. He asks others several times to look into it but excuses himself from doing it.

merk posted:

I'm voting Keane until he votes. I'm also not posting until Keane votes.

I will revisit this stance if Keane claims something that explains why he has not voted.
Very Scummy. This was a gambit to further excuse merk from the thread. It didn't last and wasn't acknowledged again. It was a weird and Scummy thing to say.

merk posted:

I'm still on a phone and will continue to be at a client site so I don't have the resources or time to shift this discussion.

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm going to get lynched. I don't have the time or even a computer to stop it. Good job, scum - two games in a row where my unavailability gets me lynched (saved my CPig in the last one). Lynch Diqnol and PMom when I flip town.

I'm vanilla. Same last name as the dude I quote in pre-game but different first name. Don't remember what.

merk posted:

Literally without a computer.

merk posted:

Literally without a computer.
Good luck everyone.
The gist: {Merk : "my phoneposting" :: Scum Harold Krell : "my career"} if anyone gets that reference.

I also wanted to comment on this:

merk posted:

If you ever get to the point when you can realize your case on me is a small gut read from the TMM unvote which is inflated by your need to defeat me (for reasons I don't know), I'll think you're town. You won't get there though, regardless of alignment.

A major shift in my game over the last year has been to step back and try to analyze the case maker by putting myself in their shoes. What is driving this case, this vote? With you, I have a reasonable town explanation, but you won't ever admit it's right if you're actually town. You will sit back and fake like I'm wrong even if you're town and finally see what the case really is.

I'm stuck then thinking you have to be scum because fake content is the only scum tell that matters.

This post probably nets two votes on me, but it's dead on.
This especially strikes me as a Scum Mind post. Merk is talking about his abstracted frame of logical reference in what he's "stuck thinking". Is he saying that Diqnol is actually Scum or not? What a strange phrasing if he were Town. He's also, once again, overly self-conscious and manipulative about people voting him, similar to the later "woe-is-me" post.

In conclusion, merk is Scum, lynch merk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

I'll honestly say I didn't expect a flip to Vimes based solely on me getting angry at his joke vote and his unwillingness to hand off the pearl. I'd back it because I don't believe for a second the pearl does absolutely nothing and his fear of scum holding it for even a day set off alarms for me. His content sucks and is minimal. That said, it's somewhat disconcerting to me to see things flip off merk like they did. I'm here from now til deadline and I'm concerned about this. ##unvote

• Locked thread