Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Yes. That is how I read what you posted. Now read what I posted and look back at what Lumpen said again.

I have looked over all of this diqnol and I don't think this is fake scum lumpen at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

QuoProQuid posted:

Nothing about Lumpen's posting reads as off to me. He's acting as Lumpen has always acted.

I do not like this post because it is pushing for a lynch candidate, while simultaneously defending against any backlash that might result from it. "I think Meinberg is scum, unless he is not, and even if he is not, he isn't that bad a player to lose." It's a nothing post.

##vote: ljtrigirl

I like this post and I agree.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Keane, where do you stand on merk right now?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

ljtrigirl posted:

I mean, do you disagree?

Yes, your reasoning is so filled with holes that it should be canonized. You've given no reason to kill Meinberg beyond a base paranoia.

ljtrigirl posted:

I don't like the Merk is the first person to vote with me today, but I'll take it.

Can we please lynch PMom now?

Your incessant pleas to kill PMom only make me want to keep her around. Stop.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Keane, where do you stand on merk right now?

You made a number of very good points that I can't deny, especially in light of your recent claim. So that reflects poorly on merk on there.

My gut call, though, is still leaning town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

You made a number of very good points that I can't deny, especially in light of your recent claim. So that reflects poorly on merk on there.

My gut call, though, is still leaning town.

What is giving you that call? Help me, Keane, I want to believe

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

What is giving you that call? Help me, Keane, I want to believe

I really got nothing concrete. Merk's slapfight with Diqnol and his demand for more votes sounds like something I would expect a town Merk to post.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, going over the posts from after I went to bed before deadline

QuoProQuid posted:

hi guys, i am still catching up and think i may have read diqnol wrong

don;t like this post. #walkback, #unnecessary_explanation

hella dumb and distracting,

hyperbolic and hypocritical

redirecting

passive aggressive guilting

what is the point of this post

flailing, deliberately trying to provoke a fight

dont care. post still reads bad

what is this even???????? what are you doing?

yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh... no.

##unvote

##vote: Diq

This is a terrible post from QPQ. It's going through someone's post history and using a couple of negative insults for each one to paint them in the worst light possible. I could go through every player in the game and do the same thing and it would mean nothing except be an excuse to vote for them, which is what QPQ does. I expect scum would be very happy to pull off a D1 diqnol lynch so this post really stands out to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Every post I've made is a genuine one. My reads have been reacting to new content.

It's like he's not even trying any more. I think diqnol broke him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

The BK case was a fine day 1 case. It didn't suck. It doesn't even suck now. You're acting like I made that case on day 8.

How is merk still defending that BK case? It was REALLY BAD.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

QuoProQuid posted:

I am essentially caught up right now.

QuoProQuid posted:

Rarity, would you do me the immense kindness of explaining your feelings on Gamer, particular why you think he is "not scum [just] bad at mafia?"

QPQ claims to have read the thread but then proceeds to ask me a question even though I'd clearly gone to bed a good hour earlier. I don't think he was reading the thread or invested in its content as much as he should be

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Okay, just kidding. Gamer strikes me as playing a very measured game. The vote unvote with TMM struck me really poorly. I'm firing from the hip a lot, and I tend to fire from the hip overall, but I think there's something else to his game, and I don't think it is favorable to town.

Keane, can you explain what you mean about Gamer's play being measured (with quotes)? It struck me as very erratic and emotional, personally

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Rarity posted:

QPQ claims to have read the thread but then proceeds to ask me a question even though I'd clearly gone to bed a good hour earlier. I don't think he was reading the thread or invested in its content as much as he should be

I am not sure how I am expected to know your sleep schedule, or why I should be expected to look at time stamps before asking questions.

I am also a little confused as to why you weren't able to answer questions the following morning. That particular post wasn't exactly time sensitive.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

QuoProQuid posted:

Yes, your reasoning is so filled with holes that it should be canonized. You've given no reason to kill Meinberg beyond a base paranoia.

That's not even true. His few posts (particularly the first one) sound really forced and like he's playing how he think he needs to. He's not engaged with the game. I don't see how you can disagree with my reasoning. a) I think he's evil. b) If he isn't it's better to mislynch him now than later, when we could be at must lynch.

QuoProQuid posted:

Your incessant pleas to kill PMom only make me want to keep her around. Stop.

Dude. You're clearly not even reading my posts. Until you do, you have no room to tell me what to do. And I won't stop. I think PMom is scum. I think I've laid out why. People keep ignoring it. So I'll keep bringing it up because I want to lynch him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, going to get on the road right now. Questions for some active posts:

QPQ, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom?

CCKeane, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom?

Rarity, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom?

ltjrigirl, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom? (you didn't react to the case besides saying that you will take my vote)

Hal, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom?

Diqnol, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

QuoProQuid posted:

I am not sure how I am expected to know your sleep schedule, or why I should be expected to look at time stamps before asking questions.

I am also a little confused as to why you weren't able to answer questions the following morning. That particular post wasn't exactly time sensitive.

It was at deadline after I'd announced in the thread I was going to bed and by the time I woke up I couldn't answer cause you'd already lynched him :ughh:

Rarity posted:

I'm crashing hard so putting my vote where I think it'll be most useful. We'll see if things are still going when I wake up.

[b]##vote merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Keane, can you explain what you mean about Gamer's play being measured (with quotes)? It struck me as very erratic and emotional, personally

His vote with TMM struck me super, super poorly, especially his later interactions with TMM.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Ok, last post I promise:

##vote Pin Mom

This is a very good vote I think. Pin Mom votes on day 1:

None of these votes are ever followed up on by Pin Mom. Pin Mom never attempts to persuade anyone of any of these votes. They are pointless besides adding to a votecount. The Gamer one, at best, looks like an attempt to get someone lynched at deadline. All of the others are worthless.

Pin Mom also has a post or two on Meinberg from day 1 where she agrees that Meinberg is someone she could vote, but this goes nowhere. It's a sideline comment with no attempt at persuasion, no vote, nothing to actually push the needle anywhere. It's filler.

Pin Mom's real efforts yesterday are spent analyzing and discussing ltjrigirl, whom she never votes. Even today, here she is hanging out not voting someone that, to me, looks like her best scum read. I think, as ltjrigirl is saying, that Pin Mom is laying the groundwork to get the town to vote ltjrigirl and/or set herself up to make that vote later. That isn't how town play.

I'm on board. I agree with this.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

ljtrigirl posted:

That's not even true. His few posts (particularly the first one) sound really forced and like he's playing how he think he needs to. He's not engaged with the game. I don't see how you can disagree with my reasoning. a) I think he's evil. b) If he isn't it's better to mislynch him now than later, when we could be at must lynch.

Yes, this is the beginning of an argument! Your earlier argument of "let's lynch Meinberg regardless of alignment. It wouldn't be that bad for the town anyway" is not at all convincing and more than a little suspicious.

ljtrigirl posted:

Dude. You're clearly not even reading my posts. Until you do, you have no room to tell me what to do. And I won't stop. I think PMom is scum. I think I've laid out why. People keep ignoring it. So I'll keep bringing it up because I want to lynch him.

I don't care about you casing PMom or calling out specific suspicious posts. What I have a problem with is the constant cheer-leading with posts like:

ljtrigirl posted:

I don't like the Merk is the first person to vote with me today, but I'll take it.

Can we please lynch PMom now?

ljtrigirl posted:

OMG YES

You make me happy.

I still feel like I recognize you from somewhere though, and it's bothering me.

ljtrigirl posted:

OMG YES

You make me happy.

I still feel like I recognize you from somewhere though, and it's bothering me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

His vote with TMM struck me super, super poorly, especially his later interactions with TMM.

While I didn't mind the vote play with Gamer, I also didn't like his later interactions in the thread either which is why I ended up voting for him.

It looks like I'll have to add PMom to my reading list.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I just realized that I don't get to be suspicious of Kash this game and that makes me sad. :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Rarity, what do you think of my case on Pin Mom?

It's better than your case on BK I'll give you that :v: Though I did wonder you kept calling him 'she' :P

My read on PMom is that he likes to play D1 light and low-effort to keep himself off the radar and I reckon he generally does it as either alignment so for me so far he's a null tell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Also, I just realized that I don't get to be suspicious of Kash this game and that makes me sad. :(

Don't worry, next game I'll have access to a computer at home again and will spend all my time making you sus :v:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

It's better than your case on BK I'll give you that :v: Though I did wonder you kept calling him 'she' :P

My read on PMom is that he likes to play D1 light and low-effort to keep himself off the radar and I reckon he generally does it as either alignment so for me so far he's a null tell.

ehhhhhh I don't know if I agree with that. Boo. I am a ghost.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Read Fantastic Four, your game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Real analysis there from Pin

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk please stop buddying up to me by agreeing with me. Even though I am a friendly my ethereal arms cannot hold you when you are in need.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Merk please stop buddying up to me by agreeing with me. Even though I am a friendly my ethereal arms cannot hold you when you are in need.

You're agreeing with me!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You're agreeing with me!

Hmm, no, no that doesn't sound right.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
merk is not a nice man, Keane. Search your ethereal wisp of a heart, you know it to be true

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't know about the PinMom case. He does spend a ot of time just shooting people down and not commenting on too much, but his post where he sort of cases ljtrlgirl makes some decent points and feels more genuine than manufactured. The point that he spends a lot of time casing her on D1 without voting is fair, but I also buy the explanation about her being new.

There are things there to raise suspicion, but I am getting a more townie feel from PinMom at this point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Real analysis there from Pin

I do see the difference in posting styles when compared to that game, but it also seems like maybe it was a factor of how much time was spent on the game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I agree with merk's case. PMom reads to me as someone who is dissatisfied with their scumteam. ##vote PMom

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

If he's town, I'd rather hang him now than later - something espoused in a game of mafia

Yeah I really don't like that built-in defense. LJ is not really pinging me because I like her scumhunting but immediate hedges like this just make you look bad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

Diqnol, this doesn't set off any alarm bells for me, except maybe the use of 'bombastic.' Do you have another example?

I don't understand how your only scumtell on Lumpen is 'adjectives' ? Can you really not read his tone?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

I don't understand how your only scumtell on Lumpen is 'adjectives' ? Can you really not read his tone?

Game is early. Lumpen plays a character. I've caught him when he's played it a certain away. He isn't here. That's all I have right now on him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To be a bit more clear, Lumpen plays a character, and, therefore, all of his posts are fake. Because of this place style, it is very difficult to get a tone read on him. This is also why Lumpenis periodically lynched on day one regardless of his alignment. I believe that Lumpen's alignment will be more easy to determine when we see some of the results of his casework.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am posting through iPhone voice recognition so I apologize if that didn't come through correctly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with merk's case. PMom reads to me as someone who is dissatisfied with their scumteam. ##vote PMom

Yeah I really don't like that built-in defense. LJ is not really pinging me because I like her scumhunting but immediate hedges like this just make you look bad.

The last time PMom was dissatisfied with his scumteam (and the setup) he just stopped posting period. He's actually making a conscious effort to contribute this game and he's felt concerned enough to make sure we know why he can't post much at the moment. This is not the actions of disengaged PinMom

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

To be a bit more clear, Lumpen plays a character, and, therefore, all of his posts are fake. Because of this place style, it is very difficult to get a tone read on him. This is also why Lumpenis periodically lynched on day one regardless of his alignment. I believe that Lumpen's alignment will be more easy to determine when we see some of the results of his casework.

Freudian slip

Hal Incandenza posted:

The last time PMom was dissatisfied with his scumteam (and the setup) he just stopped posting period. He's actually making a conscious effort to contribute this game and he's felt concerned enough to make sure we know why he can't post much at the moment. This is not the actions of disengaged PinMom

And he promised not to do that in this game which makes me think it regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

You've jumped onto two of my cases with add-on material that I disagree with. Do you have anything original?

##unvote; ##vote BK

• Locked thread