Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

I just looked over Diqnol's big post and it is really bad. It is wordy, sure, and framed in a manipulative but not persuasive way. And looking closer it boils down to a bombastic OMGUS around the middle. It reads to me like a fake case forced together out of not much, against someone Diqnol
perceives as a threat (to himself, not to Town). Credit for effort, but Diqnol is Scummy. The whole post just rings really fake, forced, and insincere.

I remain of the opinion that merk is likely Town, and Diqnol's subsequent posting since merk asked me have deepened my suspicion on Diqnol.

Looking over the evidence, I currently feel more confident that Diqnol's Scum than anyone else.
##unvote
##Vote GIUSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Diqnol, this doesn't set off any alarm bells for me, except maybe the use of 'bombastic.' Do you have another example?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Kashuno posted:

Vimes did the pearl do anything cool for you last night?

Love this question.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Ha, I think that this logically constitiutes an unintentional Scumclaim by Diqnol!

Trap sprung. ~Busted by the Lumpster.~:lumpen:

Lumpen posted:

Writing a bunch of words saying that a player could be Town, and could be Scum, in the same post, is hedging. Scum have an incentive to avoid leaving a record of strong alignment reads, because they need to be able to plausibly jump on bandwagons without having inconvenient contradictions to explain. Diqnol's post was a wishywashy hedge on my alignment to allow him to vote whichever way the wind blows.

I think its really interesting to have you coming in to defend Diqnol, while you also have him on your list of people you'd supposedly vote. It doesnt seem kike you would really vote him, have you posted critically of him at any point before dropping him in your list of 3?

Also funny that you suddenly put me way up on your list, but not until after "remembering" that you totally have that ~stromg suspicion~ (weird to "forget" since you were actively addressing me right then). It doesn't seem like that opinion is sincerely held. Is it supported by any of your previous posts?

Tldr; Guys, I suspect that Diqnol and BottleKnight are Scumbuddies.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have to drive to Indianapolis today in a few hours, so I'm going to hang around the house a bit until then. I think I want to analyze: a) how Gamer became the lynch candidate; and b) who was leading the lynch at the time Gamer started bubbling.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

merk posted:

Did you read the accusation? Diqnol was saying that it was scummy I'm reevaluating my reads.

That is not how I read that post, and I thought you didn't just blanket defend yourself, especially in that way.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

##vote ljtrigirl

Gonna vote you until you learn how to spell.

What are you talking about?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Both of those look like the standard Lumpen character. He gets lynched d1 a lot regardless of alignment because of posts exactly like that.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

merk posted:

I have to drive to Indianapolis today in a few hours, so I'm going to hang around the house a bit until then. I think I want to analyze: a) how Gamer became the lynch candidate; and b) who was leading the lynch at the time Gamer started bubbling.

Yay! You coming to gaming on Tuesday?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ljtrigirl posted:

That is not how I read that post, and I thought you didn't just blanket defend yourself, especially in that way.

That's how I read the post. That's why I made the post I made.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Diqnol, this doesn't set off any alarm bells for me, except maybe the use of 'bombastic.' Do you have another example?

Look at his overuse of buzzwords to lend credibility to his case there, by the way. That's what got me to first look at him. His earlier posts feel like they're not coming from a place of surprise or curiosity but rather a veneer, as well, and I'll probably be casing him some time this game day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

This is bullshit. merk should know diqnol was leading the lynch up till Gamer overtook him, it was merk who was pushing for it hardest

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Look at his overuse of buzzwords to lend credibility to his case there, by the way. That's what got me to first look at him. His earlier posts feel like they're not coming from a place of surprise or curiosity but rather a veneer, as well, and I'll probably be casing him some time this game day.

Your case on me yesterday is heavily based on an OMGUS, so his use of that term makes sense. Lumpen isn't setting off any alarm bells for me right now. Sorry.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Merk, you voted for me after I voted for you. I think the OMGUS is on your end, if anywhere.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

This is bullshit. merk should know diqnol was leading the lynch up till Gamer overtook him, it was merk who was pushing for it hardest

##vote merk

Diqnol might have been the leader, but there was no more momentum to get him lynched. A lot of people had spoken negatively about it already from what I remember. I think Sam was actually the person bubbling up at the time Gamer got introduced, but I haven't gone back to look.

Diqnol also didn't push the Gamer vote, so he's not any part of the b) analysis.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Whelp, my town circle is probably TMM, Rarity, Kash. Ninth and Vimes are on the outskirts.

I would like to lynch either PMom or Mein today. Merk and Lumpen are also acceptable. That would be my lynch order as well.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

What are you talking about?

I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I think he doesn't like you spelling it as Dinqol when it's Diqnol.

Kind of a silly reason to vote though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Merk, you voted for me after I voted for you. I think the OMGUS is on your end, if anywhere.

merk posted:

Your case on me yesterday is heavily based on an OMGUS

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm out for awhile. Let that irrational fear build up and vote me instead of looking at my a) and b) items which actually finds a scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I didn't OMGUS you.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
My strongest suspicion is still the same as D1 right now.
##Vote Diqnol

I urge all to join me on this.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but I think he doesn't like you spelling it as Dinqol when it's Diqnol.

Kind of a silly reason to vote though.

Whoops. Didn't realize I was doing that. It's hard because his name isn't his name. Sorry diq!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I've mentally been calling you Dinkle for the past 20 minutes.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

And even now it feels like PMom is discussing my mislynchability and deciding whether or not to come out hard against me.

If I could just shoot you, I would.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I didn't OMGUS you.

I thought my post was clear, but your case on me is heavily based on an OMGUS you're saying I made which you find scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

It was me, I was pushing hard for a gamer vote and I was wrong. Thats the breaks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes. That is how I read what you posted. Now read what I posted and look back at what Lumpen said again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I'm out for awhile. Let that irrational fear build up and vote me instead of looking at my a) and b) items which actually finds a scum.

merk is definitely scum this game. This post is about aggressively pushing his rep to ensure his own survival while also using the merk-play of announcing a disappearance to dissolve heat.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Nothing about Lumpen's posting reads as off to me. He's acting as Lumpen has always acted.

ljtrigirl posted:

This has been Hey, Mom is spinning LJ's posts without actually paying attention to what she's said.

I think that Mein is scum. I have leaned that way since his first post. If he really does just always seem like scum, that makes him a coin flip, but it's one that I'm willing to take because I think he's actually evil. In a world where he isn't, he's a prime mislynch candidate at a more critical time, so I'd rather get that out of the way sooner as opposed to later.

Also, calling that post wack is just wrong. Drawing connections between people that you think are scum and the way that others interact with them is what you should and would be doing if you were town (spoilers: you're not).

I do not like this post because it is pushing for a lynch candidate, while simultaneously defending against any backlash that might result from it. "I think Meinberg is scum, unless he is not, and even if he is not, he isn't that bad a player to lose." It's a nothing post.

##vote: ljtrigirl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

merk is definitely scum this game. This post is about aggressively pushing his rep to ensure his own survival while also using the merk-play of announcing a disappearance to dissolve heat.

Mafia edit: In my rush I forgot to explain that it reads as coming from a place where merk is very concerned for his own longevity in the game, ie. a scum perspective

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

QuoProQuid posted:

Nothing about Lumpen's posting reads as off to me. He's acting as Lumpen has always acted.

I do not like this post because it is pushing for a lynch candidate, while simultaneously defending against any backlash that might result from it. "I think Meinberg is scum, unless he is not, and even if he is not, he isn't that bad a player to lose." It's a nothing post.

##vote: ljtrigirl

I mean, do you disagree?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

And even now it feels like PMom is discussing my mislynchability and deciding whether or not to come out hard against me.

If I could just shoot you, I would.

i'm actually putting the finishing touches on my ljtrlgirl voodoo doll irl

(i'm at work, i can't really be Very Active rn)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

merk posted:

I am a Wild Doctor Cop. Take that as you will.
Just to clarify... Merk was this intended as sincere or a joke reference that went over my head?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, last post I promise:

##vote Pin Mom

This is a very good vote I think. Pin Mom votes on day 1:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't buy this reason to vote keane - it's a reach
##vote kashuno

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah my play that game was baaaaaaad.

(That was my fourth game of Mafia? I don't have an excuse anymore for being bad.)

Let's kill Sam he's pretending to be engaged and thinking.

##unvote
##vote samfucius

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure ##vote gamer

None of these votes are ever followed up on by Pin Mom. Pin Mom never attempts to persuade anyone of any of these votes. They are pointless besides adding to a votecount. The Gamer one, at best, looks like an attempt to get someone lynched at deadline. All of the others are worthless.

Pin Mom also has a post or two on Meinberg from day 1 where she agrees that Meinberg is someone she could vote, but this goes nowhere. It's a sideline comment with no attempt at persuasion, no vote, nothing to actually push the needle anywhere. It's filler.

Pin Mom's real efforts yesterday are spent analyzing and discussing ltjrigirl, whom she never votes. Even today, here she is hanging out not voting someone that, to me, looks like her best scum read. I think, as ltjrigirl is saying, that Pin Mom is laying the groundwork to get the town to vote ltjrigirl and/or set herself up to make that vote later. That isn't how town play.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Just to clarify... Merk was this intended as sincere or a joke reference that went over my head?

It was a joke.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

It's frustration at awful votes on me instead of actual analysis of the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I'm really out this time.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm actually putting the finishing touches on my ljtrlgirl voodoo doll irl

(i'm at work, i can't really be Very Active rn)

Dude. You're clearly following along by responding to this. So why didn't you answer my question about what my alignment is? Do you think I'm scum with an agenda or town with a bad read?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I don't like the Merk is the first person to vote with me today, but I'll take it.

Can we please lynch PMom now?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

The more I think about it, the more I hate that vote from QPQ. Because it feels like this is the point in the game where you start voting people based on more than one post, especially one as awesome as my post there. My logic was legit, and while I do get how it could see like scum leaving themselves an opening, I don't get how that single post is more voteworthy than everything else that has happened so far this game.

I'm watching you. :goo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Of course my favorite emoticon is one that you guys don't have.

• Locked thread