Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Also I reckon I've seen funny posts about all those topics except the Ibrox disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
last season a few aberdeen boys got in trouble with the police for chanting "jimmy saville, he's one of your own" at celtic

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

African AIDS cum posted:

Celtic's past history of child molestation shouldn't be swept under the rug to avoid hurting soccer fans feelings. Penn State football fans would be laughed at if they tried the same thing. Luckily this is an American forum and we value free speech.

I'm sure you already know this, but for the benefit of others looking in I think it should be clear that saying Celtic have a history of child molestation is like saying Comic Relief has a history of child molestation because Jimmy Saville was involved in a bunch of sketches.

Jim Torbett left Celtic Boys Club - formed in the 60's, it was an unofficial feeder team based on the other side of the city which used the name and strip of Celtic (but got closer as the years went by; for example they eventually were allowed to use the training facilities) - when Celtic started investigating rumours in the 70's. Torbett then started up a business called the Trophy Centre which would make sports trophies, medals, badges, etc and clubs (including Celtic) began to deal with the business in the 80's/90's until Celtic was taken over by Fergus McCann who was told of the rumours surrounding Torbett - and promptly started an investigation - a decision which eventually found Torbett guilty in a court of law (his victims testifying as grown men), jailed and placed on the sex offenders register in 1998.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

BisonDollah posted:

I'm sure you already know this, but for the benefit of others looking in I think it should be clear that saying Celtic have a history of child molestation is like saying Comic Relief has a history of child molestation because Jimmy Saville was involved in a bunch of sketches.

Jim Torbett left Celtic Boys Club - formed in the 60's, it was an unofficial feeder team based on the other side of the city which used the name and strip of Celtic (but got closer as the years went by; for example they eventually were allowed to use the training facilities) - when Celtic started investigating rumours in the 70's. Torbett then started up a business called the Trophy Centre which would make sports trophies, medals, badges, etc and clubs (including Celtic) began to deal with the business in the 80's/90's until Celtic was taken over by Fergus McCann who was told of the rumours surrounding Torbett - and promptly started an investigation - a decision which eventually found Torbett guilty in a court of law (his victims testifying as grown men), jailed and placed on the sex offenders register in 1998.

Sounds like big ferg knew

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If we can make jokes about Stoke being a racist islamophobic dump and that all Lazio fans are fascists pigs and other things, then we can handle a few "big jock knew" jabs. Just be sure that they're funny, please.

Making fun of each other and each other's clubs is good, and the day that it becomes verboten to say bad things about such and such is the day that football and sports in general actually dies. Much like most of you don't know anything about Italian football, I don't know anything about Scottish (or German or English) football, so I encourage everyone to report things they find personally insulting but don't expect me to protect your feelings because the bad man called you a papist or whatever.

Another thing to do is to not have a meltdown or have it somewhere else, it only makes things worse (for you).

BisonDollah posted:

This is a good way to answer this stuff, I didn't know any of this so thank you for explaining it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jim Torbett was a TRP mod in the early days. If my memory is correct.

The real question is why is a supporter of an Irish team getting hurt over some top bants in a Scottish football thread?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Having a go at Celtic fans is Cool and Good, it's stuff like anti-Irish potato famine poo poo that's a bit unnecessary.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Having a go at Celtic fans is Cool and Good, it's stuff like anti-Irish potato famine poo poo that's a bit unnecessary.

Please post other photos from the 1920s.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Do SPL highlights get uploaded anywhere?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

yeah here you go *hands you ps2 memory card*

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

http://youtube.com/user/splofficial

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Thank you szary for answering me properly unlike that troll chuggo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfngLE-E4Go

Some top drawer awful defending here

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I feel bad for gigi and all the white noise reports he has to read due to this thread

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

See you all for the Europa League draw on the 28th :suicide:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

jre posted:

I feel like the only Celtic fan who thinks we'll still go through.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Her Dryer posted:

I feel like the only Celtic fan who thinks we'll still go through.

Yeah , with Celtic's European away record I'm sure we can adasdasdsdgsdfgsdfgs :suicide:

jre fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 19, 2015

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

We scored in the first five minutes and conceded in injury time, so this is clearly a bizarro-world campaign.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Semprini posted:

We scored in the first five minutes and conceded in injury time, so this is clearly a bizarro-world campaign.

So you'll win 5-1 and still not qualify?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Dundee Utd are the new hibs.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Dundee Utd are the new hibs.

I would say they are the new Aberdeen

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

So you'll win 5-1 and still not qualify?

I assume you're happier way things are going now you have a manager who's not a moron?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

jre posted:

I assume you're happier way things are going now you have a manager who's not a moron?

Lennon's not doing very well at Bolton

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The unstoppable Carlton Morris juggernaut rolls ever onwards

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Imagine if you'd given us the Murphys as well we'd be three goals up by half time every week

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I have no doubt that Big Carlton alone is enough to keep Hamilton above that all important mystery 6th place line in the table

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
https://www.facebook.com/stjohnstonefootballclub/posts/957301990959449?fref=nf

I love how by calling it "a football" rather than "the ball" they haven't actually confirmed this happened at a football match.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

duckmaster posted:

https://www.facebook.com/stjohnstonefootballclub/posts/957301990959449?fref=nf

I love how by calling it "a football" rather than "the ball" they haven't actually confirmed this happened at a football match.

Well it is Scottish "football" tbf

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

yeah, it's really not that funny or encouraging to spend time on SA when the unfunniest posters of TRP are allowed to use this thread to poo poo in repeatedly every year.

P.S. hibs are poo poo.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Hibs are poo poo

I'll be fair though and say it is an improvement on 6-2

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Which one of you is this

https://www.facebook.com/ibrox.loyal/videos/914875111918783/

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

At least the micks will only be knocked out of the Champions League once this year.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

A wise decision from Canning to rest Big Carlton and concentrate on the league

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

jre posted:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Remember when Celtards laughed when I said Rangers going down would be worse for the league as a whole and the SPL would become increasingly irrelevant in Europe

Who is laughing now? Its me

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

African AIDS cum posted:

Remember when Celtards laughed when I said Rangers going down would be worse for the league as a whole and the SPL would become increasingly irrelevant in Europe

Who is laughing now? Its me

I'm looking forward to the traditional post about how rangers are definitely done for this time for sure that follow a bad Celtic result.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
I think the worst thing about rangers getting relegated is that Aberdeen fans think they are real people now somehow.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

DrWrestling69 posted:

I'm looking forward to the traditional post about how rangers are definitely done for this time for sure that follow a bad Celtic result.

Lol

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

You could say that, since Rangers were relegated, Celtic have suffered somewhat of a Champions League famine.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Celtic fans will be IRAte about missing out on the Champions League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
guinness

• Locked thread