Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Man those were a lot of words lumpen but atleast you came to the right conclusion so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think the better options is ##vote merk

His posting is not sincere and he is not scum hunting. From today

very next post

He is not interested in Keane's role alignment here and his "only voting keane" comment is posturing.

This is a solid point. I still believe Vimes to be a good lynch, but I think I will switch priority and vote merk.
##unvote
##vote merk

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Good job class.

Just 10 - 6 = 4 more votes and then you will all get your naps

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ugggggggggghhhhhhh lumpen's right.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Lumpen posted:

Taking another look over merk, some things stand out to me that haven't been discussed.
The major thing is the sheer number of times he makes excuses for being out of the thread, not posting, not posting enough, not contributing. In my experience, just like lurking is Scummy, being selfconscious about appearing to lurk is especially Scummy. Being absent from the thread isn't great, but explicitly excusing oneself from posting is Scummy. I realize that a lot of the community here disagrees with me about this and misinterprets this point as criticizing people for being busy IRL. That is not what I'm saying is Scummy, it's incessantly talking about it in a self-conscious way that is Scummy. I don't think I've ever seen merk do it. I don't know if it's an intentional experimental gambit or an unintentional slip, but holy cow he does it is ridiculously prevalent in his posting.

This is actually a really good distinction and does help paint it in a different light. Also holy cow that is a lot more posts than I thought. He does have a good excuse, the new homeowner thing, but yeah it's the constant bringing it up that seems manipulative.

Lumpen posted:

This especially strikes me as a Scum Mind post. Merk is talking about his abstracted frame of logical reference in what he's "stuck thinking". Is he saying that Diqnol is actually Scum or not? What a strange phrasing if he were Town. He's also, once again, overly self-conscious and manipulative about people voting him, similar to the later "woe-is-me" post.

I can see it. I may reread some stuff but I would probably vote merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sam is distancing from a town lynch. ##unvote; ##vote Samf

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Merk's awkward invite on Keane struck me as bad, as did his pivot on girl. Lumpen's last post is very good.

I would be willing to vote him.

Haven't paid much attention to SirSam. Looks like a glorified lurker lynch. Would prefer the other Sam if we go that route.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mithross posted:

This is a solid point. I still believe Vimes to be a good lynch, but I think I will switch priority and vote merk.
##unvote
##vote merk

What is the "solid point?" I wasn't posturing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Whatever. I'm out. Too busy to defend again. Another excuse!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BK Lumpen List

Scumreads (in order)

Samfucius
SirSamVimes
merk
TMMadman

Could be scum (in no order)

ljtrigirl
Mithross
Hal

Neutral

EXAKT Science
Hiipfire
f_v
QPQ

Leaning town

PMom
Diqnol
TNL
CCKeane
Lumpen

And I buy the mason claim, obviously, so I just straight up believe kash and rarity are town.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I am sleep im going to sleep bye bye merk should die tonight ok thanks guys lets go

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Oh wait I forgot who asked me about ninth layer but I like him/her for town for reasons that I shouldn't need to explain to you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote merk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello I just finished with my meeting and was about .2 seconds away from texting keane "thanks for the encouragement!" before I noticed he was not Diana.

I have not read the thread for the past 4 hours did someone die????

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

merk (6): Rarity, EXAKT, Kashuno, -Kashuno, Kashuno, Hiipfire, -EXAKT, Ninth, Lumpen, -Kashuno, -Ninth, Diqnol, Mithross, Kashuno

Samfucius (5): Hal, QPQ, PMom, BK, -BK, BK, merk

SirSamVimes (2): Kashuno, EXAKT, Ninth, BK, Mithross, -BK, -Kashuno, -Mithross

QuoProQuid (1): TMM
Rarity (1): SSV
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol (1): Lumpen, -Lumpen, Samfu
Pinterest Mom (1): LJ, merk, BK, -merk, merk, Lumpen, -merk, -BK, merk, -merk, -Lumpen
ljtrigirl (1): Diqnol, QPQ, PMom, -QPQ, fv, merk, BK, -BK, PMom, -Diqnol, -merk

CCKeane (0): Ninth, merk, -Ninth, Samfu, -merk, -Samfu
fiery_valkyrie (0): Ninth, -Ninth
BottleKnight (0): merk, -merk
Lumpen (0): Ninth, -Ninth
TMMadman (0): EXAKT, -EXAKT

:h: 19 alive 10 to execute.
:d: Deadline is at 11PM EDT, Tuesday, August 25th - that's about 2 1/2 hours from this post!

People who suck at unvoting:
- Diqnol
- fiery_valkyrie

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 26, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Nope! Votecount incoming, watch this post! It will become a new post through the power of internet.

I don't trust it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm caught up now, and through it all this is the post that sticks out to me:

merk posted:

Ok. ##unvote; ##vote ltjrigirl

merk's sudden pivot from PMom to girl tells me that he had no deep attachment to his original case on PMom. There's no sense of shifting views or that he is being convinced. It's just one state of matter to another after girl accuses him of being scum (1). Merk's last few posts highlight this reactive play. He's abandoned any reads he might have shared earlier in the day for opportunistic votes on whomever seems like another plausible lynch candidate (2).

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm caught up now, and through it all this is the post that sticks out to me:

merk's sudden pivot from PMom to girl tells me that he had no deep attachment to his original case on PMom. There's no sense of shifting views or that he is being convinced. It's just one state of matter to another after girl accuses him of being scum (1). Merk's last few posts highlight this reactive play. He's abandoned any reads he might have shared earlier in the day for opportunistic votes on whomever seems like another plausible lynch candidate (2).

MAFIA EDIT: I forgot to vote.

##unvote, ##vote: merk

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah
##unvote
##vote merk

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay but I still think we should kill Vimes tomorrow.

##unvote
##vote merk

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
whoa that was -1 ##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Merk is at -1, votefinder is (as robots often are) imperfect.

e: -2.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TMMadman posted:

I was doing some thinking on the drive to my first delivery and I realized just how much I rely on setup spec (even if I don't post it in the thread) to drive my suspicions. I think that's why I'm struggling right now because my brain starts to activate when I have roles and stuff to piece together.

I think Kash can attest to what happens when I feel like I've caught someone in a lie about their role.

This post also sticks out to me, but it's just a continuation of TMM's constant belittling of himself and his reads. It's a nonsense post, completely out of step with the mood and goals of the town, and serves only to shield TMM from accusations about his own fallibility.

Lynch merk today, then TMM tomorrow.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

merk, if you are still here, now would be the time to provide as many reads as you can. You might even produce a ~~Lumpen List.~~

I would also encourage you to claim if you have any role useful information.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Why are so many people doing Lumpenlists? Lumpenlists are Bad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current "Didn't I Just Do This?" Day 2 Votecount :c:

merk (8): Rarity, EXAKT, Kashuno, -Kashuno, Kashuno, Hiipfire, -EXAKT, Ninth, Lumpen, -Kashuno, -Ninth, Diqnol, Mithross, Kashuno, QPQ, PMom, EXAKT, -EXAKT

Samfucius (3): Hal, QPQ, PMom, BK, -BK, BK, merk, -QPQ, -PMom

SirSamVimes (1): Kashuno, EXAKT, Ninth, BK, Mithross, -BK, -Kashuno, -Mithross, -EXAKT
QuoProQuid (1): TMM
Rarity (1): SSV
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol (1): Lumpen, -Lumpen, Samfu
Pinterest Mom (1): LJ, merk, BK, -merk, merk, Lumpen, -merk, -BK, merk, -merk, -Lumpen
ljtrigirl (1): Diqnol, QPQ, PMom, -QPQ, fv, merk, BK, -BK, PMom, -Diqnol, -merk

CCKeane (0): Ninth, merk, -Ninth, Samfu, -merk, -Samfu
fiery_valkyrie (0): Ninth, -Ninth
BottleKnight (0): merk, -merk
Lumpen (0): Ninth, -Ninth
TMMadman (0): EXAKT, -EXAKT

:h: 19 alive 10 to execute.
:d: Deadline is at 11PM EDT, Tuesday, August 25th - that's about 2 1/4 hours from this post!

People who suck at unvoting:
- Diqnol
- fiery_valkyrie

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm moving you down from MILDLY MENACING to SERIOUSLY SCUMMY for this post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made it to a computer, but this looks inevitable.

Scum list:
Diqnol (he did nothing today; he is coasting to see my lynch and watch heat cool off of him)
BottleKnight (I was right with that initial callout; Diqnol and BK are scum buddies)
Samfucius (distancing from my town lynch)
ltjrigirl (her vote on me follows the scum strategy of the day: we can get merk lynched - her vote had no reasoning and no sanity to it)
PMom (posting got way better today after reading through again, so Pmom dropped in priority. I still think the case was very good to start the day)

Dark horses:
TNL (the pivot today on my alignment could be distancing from my lynch)
Lumpen (his change in stance on me today speaks towards what I think the scum strategy of the day turned into: we can get merk lynched)
CCKeane (he needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later; he has not a single vote where anyone can discern his alignment)

Random thoughts:
After I die, can someone please analyze the d1 Gamer lynch?

You lynched me today based off of what? The scum controlled this lynch; no town made a case that had any weight to it at all (besides Lumpen actually, that last post was pretty persuasive). No town did the work to figure out who the scum is based off of the day 1 lynch. It didn't happen. Please put the effort into the game to avoid another awful non-case lynch tomorrow.

Please ignore everything Kash and Rarity do if they turn into actual confirmed town. They are going to cause a town loss. Scum will not kill them. Their opinions will carry great weight and carry great wrong.

I let the legacy of the great singer down.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

QuoProQuid posted:

merk, if you are still here, now would be the time to provide as many reads as you can. You might even produce a ~~Lumpen List.~~

I would also encourage you to claim if you have any role useful information.

Vanilla

I claimed it earlier.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
QPQ is also very good scum which I learned in the last game, so please don't forget that. I didn't give his scum game enough credit in the Tournament game, and it blinded me a bit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

Tell me the reason for this that isn't super dependent on context. Tell me why all lumpen lists are bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hiipfire never explained any of his reads. Just saw that. He was around to do it; he just didn't do it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

HiipFire posted:

I have caught up now, though I have skimmed some pages but this is basically where I'm at in this game right now

Would vote:
Merk
Kashuno

Probably town:(in no particular order):
Quoproquid
Lumpen
Keane(I'm open to the idea of a no-vote town after the mayor flip)
ljtrigirl

Could be town:
Exakt
TMM
Rarity
fiery

Not sure yet:
Diqnol
Samfucius
SirSamVimes
BottleKnight

Haven't noticed their presence in this game so I'll re-read and see what I find:
Mithross
Hal
Gamer
Ninth Layer

##vote merk

will post actual content later when I get home

HiipFire posted:

It sounds like his scum merk is "Reasonable Merk" and town merk is "Unreasonable Merk"

HiipFire posted:

I am sleep im going to sleep bye bye merk should die tonight ok thanks guys lets go

Your lynch of me is joined by this player. This is all of his content about me.

Great job. Great lynch. You nailed it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Not to continue to sound Krellish, but I do have to work for the next couple of hours. I'm here but not going to be able to quickly respond to things.

I don't think it matters though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If we switched right now to Hiipfire, I would vote that even though he wasn't in my list. We don't have a single piece of content to understand his vote on me. He somehow will show up tomorrow after I flip town with zero culpability because he has zero content.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm moving you down from MILDLY MENACING to SERIOUSLY SCUMMY for this post.

Wow look how much I care (I don't care)

BottleKnight posted:

Tell me the reason for this that isn't super dependent on context. Tell me why all lumpen lists are bad.

They make it easy for scums to hide. Diqnol explained it much more elegantly than I can when he told me I was dumb for making one.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

EXAKT Science posted:

Wow look how much I care (I don't care)

What was the point of this?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Samfucius posted:

What was the point of this?

i think it was a joke

we were joking

jokes were made

jokes

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
It just jarred me that he went so far out of his way.

Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

You lynched me today based off of what? The scum controlled this lynch; no town made a case that had any weight to it at all (besides Lumpen actually, that last post was pretty persuasive). No town did the work to figure out who the scum is based off of the day 1 lynch. It didn't happen. Please put the effort into the game to avoid another awful non-case lynch tomorrow.

Please ignore everything Kash and Rarity do if they turn into actual confirmed town. They are going to cause a town loss. Scum will not kill them. Their opinions will carry great weight and carry great wrong.

I let the legacy of the great singer down.

Boo gently caress you merk. I've been busting my rear end all day making cases.

• Locked thread