Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

E: Never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

khy posted:

I would love a list of your mods and your ENB so I can see what all that amazing poo poo is. The outfit looks good, the gun stance is amusing to me, that area of the mothership looks fantastic...

my list is basically garbled nonsense so i'm gonna try and cut it down to what's relevant
here's my enb settings- i use fnv4gb so it's built around that or whatever. this is just a copy/paste of whatever the ENB management program picked up off my system:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ducna3g69qinogc/sept2015enb.rar
i'm really godawful with technical stuff so uh, use at your own risk and whatnot. i really have no idea what i'm doing, haha.
oh also you should turn off depth of field and ambient occlusion if it starts melting your computer- both of those have insane performance impacts, especially AO.
though i also think AO makes the game look infinitely better, too

as for mods:
i use this weather mod:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/urwlnv-ultimate-edition-v20
the outfit, as mentioned before is NVBS05 from this (with the vanilla ranger brown hat) with a ripped scarf from one of the armors in the armor compilation in the OP by policeautomaton
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zwwrwt978coiag/NVBS_Desert_Scorpion_Battle_Armor.rar
the thigh holster is from:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37718/

the gun is millenia/naky's browning HP and the stance is unfortunately just a pose
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58878/

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 27, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I can't even remember what ENB preset I'm using for Skyrim but it looks pretty great, I think it mainly depends on the game. The Oblivion engine is looking really loving ugly these days and the ENB presets just sort of enhance the ugliness.

It helps that the ENB for Skyrim is still being developed, whereas the shader for New Vegas was dropped ages ago and leaving folks to build profiles with outdated files.

That said, I just stuck with the ENB Enhanced Shaders pack and it worked fine for me :shobon:

1.21 KILL-O-WATTS

*braying skeletal laughter*

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

SpookyLizard posted:

It had issues when win8 came out, so check around to see if other people on win10 are having the same issues. It may need to be updated for win10 first.

The author answered my post on the nexus thread and doesn't really seem to know why its not working either. Hopefully he'll be able to help as right now I get an out of memory crash about every 30-40 minutes.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Ah, right on. Just hasn't spawned for me yet, then. I'll stick with my jeans and t-shirt 'til it does, then.

Oh, and check this out. I'm using Spice of Life for armor, so I'm using the Type 3 female body and the Robert's Male Body. I'm also using EVE. Every so often when I kill someone their armor just flies off, leaving them in just their skivvies. When it happens to a guy, well, this happens...

:stonklol:

Also, every so often when I shoot someone with a slugthrower the body burns up or explodes like I hit them with an energy weapon. It's pretty hilarious.

If you find out what the solution is, please post. I thought I had fixed it myself, as I killed a bunch of legionares last time I played, and those all had the right body textures. But Lombard Station still has that exact texture mess-up and I'm at a complete loss to what the problem is.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Has anyone ever has problems modding weapons using a combination of Project Nevada, WMX and EVE mods and there compatibility patches? I've been trying to fix an issue with the Wattz Laser Pistol and Plasma Repeater added by PN using WMX mods and even using FNVedit they still won't allow itself to be modded. Using FNVedit I narrowed down the problem to Project Nevada - EVE ALL DLC.esp being the main culprit, and if I place it above Project Nevada - WMX.esp it mods just fine but loses any EVE sfx. In FNVedit it shows an < Error: Could not be resolved > where the mod should be.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

It helps that the ENB for Skyrim is still being developed, whereas the shader for New Vegas was dropped ages ago and leaving folks to build profiles with outdated files.

That said, I just stuck with the ENB Enhanced Shaders pack and it worked fine for me :shobon:

1.21 KILL-O-WATTS

*braying skeletal laughter*

I want to be a skeleton. I didn't know this was possible.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

LEGO Genetics posted:

Has anyone ever has problems modding weapons using a combination of Project Nevada, WMX and EVE mods and there compatibility patches? I've been trying to fix an issue with the Wattz Laser Pistol and Plasma Repeater added by PN using WMX mods and even using FNVedit they still won't allow itself to be modded. Using FNVedit I narrowed down the problem to Project Nevada - EVE ALL DLC.esp being the main culprit, and if I place it above Project Nevada - WMX.esp it mods just fine but loses any EVE sfx. In FNVedit it shows an < Error: Could not be resolved > where the mod should be.

The issue is that the compatibility patches were made with different versions of the masters than you are currently using. First thing I would suggest doing is look for a more recent compatibility patch. Second thing I would do is see if either Wyre Flash or FNVEdit can create a automatic merged patch which fixes it. The last option is learn how to use FNVEdit to create a manual patch by copying the entire weapon record from the EVE patch to a new file then copy the weapon mod data from the WXM patch.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Is there some kind of "populated freeside" mod? I swear I used to run something that gave Freeside a bunch of storefronts and strings of lights over the streets. Especially on the approach to the Strip gate.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

sitchelin posted:

I want to be a skeleton. I didn't know this was possible.

That's a combination of ST Robot Race and a lot of GECK fuckery where I replaced the robot head mesh with a skeleton one from... god I think it was the trauma harness skeletons? I forget. I never make notes of my own mods and just keep beating on things until they work :v:

Skull head with robot hands and the AER14 laser rifle, hell yes he lived in The Sink :haw:

:siren: Phantom Space Man :siren:

Also I used the mesh for the robot hand as a glove replacer on one of those mods that threw in a ton of armor including left/right hand gloves:

Worked pretty well.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Is there some kind of "populated freeside" mod? I swear I used to run something that gave Freeside a bunch of storefronts and strings of lights over the streets. Especially on the approach to the Strip gate.

Yep, here it is.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
You don't even really need to replace the head mesh with the skeleton one, it just makes life somewhat easier. You can use the console or Portable Cheat Terminal to put that skull in your inventory where you can equip it. I think it will require the robot race one because that has no actual head mesh by default, as other wise you'll be having issues with the human head and the skeleton one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I was talking mod bullshit with another goon and we both stumbled over the idea of the Fiends pretty much making messed up Fiend version of Vault 3 suits instead of their super generic raider gear. That would be an interesting mod.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I mad a merged patch in FNVedit and it fixed everything else but the weapon mod issues :v:

I didn't even know Grunt/Cowboy and a whole other score of weapon perk mods were that broken.

edit: I can't make an ESP dependent on another esp can I?

LEGO Genetics fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 29, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

edit: I can't make an ESP dependent on another esp can I?
Yes, you can.
The only issue with that is that if you save a plugin in the GECK, it will strip any non .esm masters from the plugin's header. The GECK PowerUp tool will fix that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I never knew how much I wanted to be a skeleton before. How long until FO4 modding begins?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Khanstant posted:

I never knew how much I wanted to be a skeleton before. How long until FO4 modding begins?

The tools are due early next year, last I heard. With the Skyrim Creation Kit, it was in February, from memory, so maybe around then.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Are there any mods that improve the look of power armor without touching the stats? The default look is so.... ugly

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Is there any way to tell where a companion is? I seem to have... lost Boone. I finished Old World Blues and left Big MT and he was nowhere to be found-- not at the drive-in, not at the Lucky 38, not following me. Should I have dismissed him or told him to wait before I began OWB? Was he dissected by the Think Tank? Was one of the wandering packs of Lobotomites I mowed down what was left of Boone?

I've since recruited Arcade Gannon, but it'd be nice to have Boone back since right now Arcade Gannon is my only remaining companion, since for some mysterious reason Veronica wasn't a huge fan of my "walk into the Brotherhood of Steel bunker and methodically kill everyone in it" policy. I should probably get some more companions but I've just been wandering around and seeing who I found, which was probably not the best plan.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rincewind posted:

Is there any way to tell where a companion is? I seem to have... lost Boone. I finished Old World Blues and left Big MT and he was nowhere to be found-- not at the drive-in, not at the Lucky 38, not following me. Should I have dismissed him or told him to wait before I began OWB? Was he dissected by the Think Tank? Was one of the wandering packs of Lobotomites I mowed down what was left of Boone?

I've since recruited Arcade Gannon, but it'd be nice to have Boone back since right now Arcade Gannon is my only remaining companion, since for some mysterious reason Veronica wasn't a huge fan of my "walk into the Brotherhood of Steel bunker and methodically kill everyone in it" policy. I should probably get some more companions but I've just been wandering around and seeing who I found, which was probably not the best plan.

You can use move.to to force Boone to teleport to you. For Boone you should type "prid 00096bce" in the console, hit Enter, then "move.to player" or "moveto player" and hit Enter.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
whoops i meant to post that in the general f:nv thread and not the modding thread

and now it's been quoted so all will know my shame

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Can anyone recommend me a relatively lightweight modlist for A Tale of Two Wastelands playthrough? I usually go with Cirosan, Project Nevada, jsawyer and a bunch of visual mods as a basis. Also usually use the New Vegas Uncut mods, specifically the Freeside Open and The Strip Open.

Is there anything that makes the shooting feel better without completely eliminating the tweaks to skill and stat formulas applied by Obsidian? Any fun mods that play nice with both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas?

I think between the two games there's enough equipment, so I'm probably not going to look at stuff like that (and I didn't like LPAM that much, in spite of the nice idea).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Best Freeside mods?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jinnigan posted:

Are there any mods that improve the look of power armor without touching the stats? The default look is so.... ugly

What about Bornagain NV: The Book of Water from the OP? Just download the Book of Steel, although it touches up a few of the combat armors as well.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Bornagain would be cooler if it didn't make everything look BLACK AND DARK.

Charles De Mar
Jun 8, 2010

Could someone throw up a new mirror of the Low Profile Armor Mod? The Mega link in the OP is dead. :(

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Best Freeside mods?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46355/

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Charles De Mar posted:

Could someone throw up a new mirror of the Low Profile Armor Mod? The Mega link in the OP is dead. :(
Weird. The file is still up, but for some weird reason the link became invalid. Here's a working one:
https://mega.nz/#!XtJ1DbjI!uCe2cqa0Lz01xxFNHSVDFAl8kFmnYO7fUpszOd4N-70

Charles De Mar
Jun 8, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Weird. The file is still up, but for some weird reason the link became invalid. Here's a working one:

Thanks, friend!

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

How does this run on your particular system? Framerate? NPC's? Markers?

Looks very promising, but I note a fair number of people expressing not-quite-so-mute frustration at the memory/other hit ..

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mosnar posted:

Looks very promising, but I note a fair number of people expressing not-quite-so-mute frustration at the memory/other hit
How it runs on other people´s computers is irrelevant. What that mod does besides restoring some cut content is merging the two Freeside cells into one worldspace, making the area look a lot better. The problem is that Bethesda's Gamebryo isn't really an efficient engine and this new large area with all those NPCs running around places a lot of extra strain on an already fragile engine. This can result in your game stuttering, slowing down, crashing and freezing if your hardware isn't up the engine's absurd demands. You also can't freely uninstall this mod from an ongoing save if you've been in/near freeside (the result will be missing NPCs).

It really does make the Freeside area look a lot better, so it's a mod that I would recommend. It's just before committing to a playthrough with it installed you really should test it first by starting a new game with it installed, moving your character over to New Vegas and see if your computer starts producing smoke or not.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Freeside Open runs great if you're using ENBBoost and the memory hack for NVSE. I have had some issues with FNVLODGen and the mod, which is a shame.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

What mod gives you the ability to use Cerulean Robotics as a hideout/home? Is it Robot Races?

Never mind, found it. It's the Cerulean Robotics Home for RobCo Certified.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 5, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mosnar posted:

Looks very promising, but I note a fair number of people expressing not-quite-so-mute frustration at the memory/other hit ..

I won't lie, my framerate dips pretty significantly, but only when I'm sprinting. It's worth it. The mod removes a lot of stupid clutter and getting around Freeside is a breeze. It also adds more thugs, pickpockets (they will actually steal your caps), and the Kings will give you Stimpacks instead of Corn if you've been raising your reputation. The 4GB New Vegas exe is mandatory though. You should also consider getting The Strip Open mod too, which does the same thing and removes a bunch of dumb gates and adds a lot more gamblers to the Strip.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyshall posted:

Freeside Open runs great if you're using ENBBoost and the memory hack for NVSE. I have had some issues with FNVLODGen and the mod, which is a shame.

So how does the ENBoost work exactly? It just opens up more memory for the engine to use? Can I modify how much it accesses?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arcsquad12 posted:

So how does the ENBoost work exactly? It just opens up more memory for the engine to use? Can I modify how much it accesses?

It is a wrapper that uses D3D9.dll and runs enbhost.exe along side the fallout exe. There are a few INI files associated with it as well. The default archive on the ENB site is a good starting point. It will also disable the games orange filter by default.

Use that, the NVSE memory hack, and Stutter remover and you should have 0 stuttering if you have decent specs. I have an i5 @ 3.2 ghz 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 670 4GB and have no issues, even with high res textures.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Raygereio posted:

Very strange, but thanks for this--I updated the OP with the link.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Possible someone reported it? An author of one of the items that happens to lurk this thread maybe?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Naky posted:

Possible someone reported it? An author of one of the items that happens to lurk this thread maybe?
Don't think so. According to their TOS mega deletes copyrighted files, but the file was still up on my mega account. Just the link to it didn't work anymore for some weird reason.
Just checked the link to the other files I dumped on mega. Here are updated ones for Unified Backpack mod & Lombard Station. The others still work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was browsing the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas STEP Project page, and I saw that there was a version of ADAM that came bundled with a FOMOD installer. For some reason however, whenever I try to activate the mod through NMM, despite going through the fomod normally and choosing my options, the mod isn't activated with an error message reading that access to the New Vegas data folder was denied.