Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: DAY 3 CHALLENGE :siren:

On Kashuno's doorstep are a series of strange objects. They must have been Kashuno's. Mereaux law says they are the rightful property of his widow... but, we are far, far from the nearest court, and who's to say might doesn't make right?

Two items for take time. Type ##grab harpoon or ##grab hammer to grab harpoon or grab hammer. But maybe rude?

ADDITIONALLY

The following player may be executed today as a free vote without ending the day:
- SirSamVimes
It mystery for ages. If voted out, flip will be posted at end day flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
## grab hammer

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
##grab harpoon?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:stare: I am not sure whether this is someone's power or it is mod wrath for being bad at posting.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

:stare: I am not sure whether this is someone's power or it is mod wrath for being bad at posting.

It's probably the pearl.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This would make sense in tangent with one of the effects of holding it. (Rarity can confirm this once she's on and I can safely pass it to her)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You also notice a gold coin sitting on Kashuno's stoop. It looks very nice.

Also item for grab. ##Grab coin to grab coin. But also rude?

========

ljtrigirl posted:

## grab hammer

ljtrigirl posted:

##grab harpoon?

You have both harpoon and hammer! Good grabbing!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm content with a hammer and my harpoon. Someone else can take the coin.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Yay!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom- I am going to stab you tonight unless you claim something that I believe and/or manage to convince me you are good by then.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
##grab coin

If this is rude, I'm sorry.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mithross posted:

##grab coin

You have grab coin, now have coin, maybe rude but coin so who care.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

##grab coin

Meh. Been there, done that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ljtrigirl posted:

Pinterest Mom- I am going to stab you tonight unless you claim something that I believe and/or manage to convince me you are good by then.

It's a night vig?

Was he an item-based joat or something?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hm, looks like he's just listed as mason.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

It's a night vig?

Was he an item-based joat or something?

The harpoon gives a Vigilante Kill.

The hammer does something else that I don't want to say, and I'll be passing it probably.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

Hm, looks like he's just listed as mason.

I think people just gave him stuff because he was a Mason.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
It's possible he was given stuff in the night, as a confirmed town. I know I tried to. In fact, I'm pretty sure I know what the hammer is.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He wasn't confirmed yet though.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

It's possible he was given stuff in the night, as a confirmed town. I know I tried to. In fact, I'm pretty sure I know what the hammer is.

:thumbsup:

If you could secretly wink at whoever I should give it to, that'd be cool.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

He wasn't confirmed yet though.

I mean, as confirmed as you can get without dying or being cleared and the cop dying.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Gamerofthegame (11): BK, fv, Meinberg, Kashuno, QPQ, Hal, TMM, PMom, Diqnol, merk, SamVines
merk (10): Rarity, Hiipfire, Lumpen, Mithross, QPQ, fv, Diqnol, Samfu, LJ, Kashuno

Overlap: Mein/Hiip, fv, Diqnol, QPQ, Kashuno.

Not sure how much this tells us. I'd expect a handful both on and off, but these are the people the have been on both mislynches.

I think the people that I'm most suspicious of are probably people that pushed for the Merk lynch and then jumped off or didn't vote him. I feel like flipping town merk so early is probably something that mafia would be worried about being seen as ringleaders of.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm going to come back to this after I've had some sleep.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SirSamVimes posted:

Something also of note is that we have two different deaths. A stabbing and a poisoning, and there was no stabbing on N1. How likely is an even night SK in this setup?

Rarity, now that you're confirmed as town I'd like you to hold the pearl so you can see why it's important that scum don't hold on to it. I wasn't lying when I said that it didn't do anything cool in the night, but it does still have an effect.

The doctor probably pulled off a protect on N1.

I'm happy to grab the pearl. Drop it and if anyone else picks it up we're turboing them.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

gently caress it. Not sure what else is in this roleset, so I'll make sure this gets out.

I'm pretty sure TMM killed Ninth, which does not at all line up with the reads that he expressed yesterday, where he wanted to push QPQ or Hal. Either of those kills would have been awesome. Ninth was not. Ninth was all towny and poo poo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

I'm happy to grab the pearl. Drop it and if anyone else picks it up we're turboing them.

Sounds like a plan.

##drop pearl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also I am so bummed merk flipped town. I thought I was playing so well, you guys :negative:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Also I am so bummed merk flipped town. I thought I was playing so well, you guys :negative:

Right? He just felt so evil to me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

It's also possible that there was a harpoon given out night one as well, which would have been used night 2. That would also explain why there was no double kill the first night.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mithross posted:

It's also possible that there was a harpoon given out night one as well, which would have been used night 2. That would also explain why there was no double kill the first night.

A harpoon would make sense for stabbed flavour.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

I'll now say this explicitly in case people are terrible at reading between the lines.

TMM got the N1 harpoon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I think people just gave him stuff because he was a Mason.

Nobody's given me stuff :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is Rarity able to pick up the pearl now, or do we need to wait for Ecco to confirm the drop?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Nobody's given me stuff :(

Yeah. I picked Kash because I figured you'd be killed last night.

I swear, every time there are masons, I always pick the wrong one.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Is Rarity able to pick up the pearl now, or do we need to wait for Ecco to confirm the drop?

I would recommend Rarity do a grab now, and if ecco says it doesn't count, do it again later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SirSamVimes posted:

Sounds like a plan.

##drop pearl

##grab pearl

Assuming this lines up with what Sam's said we shouldn't freevote him and also Sam you are dumb for your vote on me yesterday :v:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SirSamVimes posted:

Sounds like a plan.

##drop pearl

SamVimes drops the Pearl onto the town square. He looks pained as he does so, but with resolve he steps away, and breathes a sigh of relief.

Type ##grab pearl to grab pearl. Pearl good, but also bad??

SSV may no longer be freely executed today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

Yeah. I picked Kash because I figured you'd be killed last night.

I did the same thing! I felt like rarity was the more likely target. I guess scum did too.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

##grab pearl

Rarity not have pearl, type grab pearl too soon, try again rarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

I did the same thing! I felt like rarity was the more likely target. I guess scum did too.

*highfive* At least I got our stuff back.

• Locked thread