Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

little munchkin posted:

its funny but i hate the awful family guy style animation where everyone looks the same and is super stiff all the time

they move around better than that but yeah the character designs are really flat and thats kinda lame but i like it +1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
its okay imo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

David Copperfield posted:

bee and puppycat

i just watched this and i think it made me gay but it was very enjoyable

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i like thing

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the last episode was the worst episode of the show--right on the heels of one of the best episodes, so the difference is really noticeable

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
it is very well made but then it disappeared with no info and people backed it on kickstarter so now you have angry nerds

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I like it when it gets more poignant than a show with a character called Mr Poopy Butthole has any right to get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlmELqOWOOs

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Overrated trash

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
hold the loving phone, who the gently caress is ADVERTISING TFR on google? who the gently caress pays for that poo poo??

also yes, big fan

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

genesplicer posted:

I find "Rick and Morty" to be an enjoyable show. I grin a lot while watching it. Sometimes I laugh. That's pretty good.

It transcends generations!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

little munchkin posted:

its funny but i hate the awful family guy style animation where everyone looks the same and is super stiff all the time

The human character designs do look a bit too generic and typical, but they definitely move a lot more and are more expressive than Family Guy. To make up for it, the alien designs are good and creative.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

genesplicer posted:

I find "Rick and Morty" to be an enjoyable show. I grin a lot while watching it. Sometimes I laugh. That's pretty good.

I imagine you are just like Rick irl.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I like when the spiky haired grampa burps and farts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

take off your panties.

take a poo poo on the floor.

I'm Mr Bulldops.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

rabble rabble posted:

hold the loving phone, who the gently caress is ADVERTISING TFR on google? who the gently caress pays for that poo poo??

also yes, big fan

Whoa

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Rick and Morty is solidly clever and there are some very profound moments sprinkled throughout this show which I appreciate.

I'm glad Dan Harmon, for all his neuroses, gets to be creative with a show again.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
yeah just put this show over in the pile with grabity fails and streven gooniverse and my little poopy

then go roll around in it until you've created a fursona that can exist within those animated universes and then pen out some fan ficture and some fan art and then get into slapfights with other gross fans about what an episode is and is not "really about"

do this until the show loses all appeal for anyone outside your big gay pink bubble of obsession, deterring anyone from wanting to have anything at all to do with the show and its fans, which includes watching even a single episode

go ahead and gently caress up rick and morty with your shittiness

just loving eat it in front of us and ask us to rub your belly

you loving idiot

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
rick and morty is soooooo good guys *spends hours creating animated avitar of rick and morty with a pained goon-centric pun for custom text* it's sooooooooooooooooo clever

if you don't like it, YOU'RE the fuckup

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

here is my OC donut steel his name is derrik and hes a rick from a world where marty gets blown up by alien muslims so he becomes a bounty hunter and he stops drinking because he finds jesus

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like Rick and Morty a lot.

I just hope Rick and Morty doesn't disappear up its own rear end like Venture Bros. did, because I used to like that show a lot too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
It's a good show. I call one of my dogs "Schwifty" now because it shits on the floor sometimes

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just hope Rick and Morty doesn't disappear up its own rear end like Venture Bros. did, because I used to like that show a lot too

I didn't realize what I didn't like about Venture until the writers took over superjail. They do the same thing with Futurama where everything has to tie together and it's like the cast of each show are the only people who exist in the world.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

The Whole Internet posted:

the last episode was the worst episode of the show--right on the heels of one of the best episodes, so the difference is really noticeable

I don't know man, raising gazorpazorp was a pretty low point, at least this one didn't feel like it was trying too hard to make a point

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Amorphous Blob posted:

I didn't realize what I didn't like about Venture until the writers took over superjail. They do the same thing with Futurama where everything has to tie together and it's like the cast of each show are the only people who exist in the world.

Yeah. I just hope Rick and Morty doesn't wind up like Futurama or Venture Bros in the future, but for now it is good

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. I just hope Rick and Morty doesn't wind up like Futurama or Venture Bros in the future, but for now it is good

Unless they take it away from Harmon, that'll never happen. The guy is so desperate to reinvent himself with almost every episode, the worst that can happen to R&M is it gets inconsistent

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Like, I'm glad that there are some reoccurring weirdos like Gearman, but I fear that in season 8 there will be an episode where it reveals that when Beth was pregnant with Morty they were on Planet Gearmans and Gearman helped deliver him.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the first season was spectacular and smoe of the funniest TV i've seen in ages (except that improv episode) but i've been disappointed by the second season so far tbh

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't think VB is up it's own rear end. I just think that Jackson Public and Doc hammer spend way too much time writing by themselves and not actually trying to actually create more episodes. I think each season has gotten better as they change the tone of the show. The first season was Johnny Quest, the 2nd was them trying to figure out how to advance it without a strong central theme and kind of settled on 80s adventure movies, the third was Lost, the fourth was silver age comics and the fifth was James Bond/GI Joe/80s serial TV. While the constant interconnected plot points could seem a bit tiresome, I think they do a pretty solid job of making fun of themselves for using them so much and making sure to have a lot of the show's fantastical universe feel "real" by having the big reveals feel pretty disappointing to the characters. The ORB being one of the best examples

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

Amorphous Blob posted:

Like, I'm glad that there are some reoccurring weirdos like Gearman, but I fear that in season 8 there will be an episode where it reveals that when Beth was pregnant with Morty they were on Planet Gearmans and Gearman helped deliver him.

Did you forget the part where Rick pulled gearhead's pinions and nankinged him?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Coolie Ghost posted:

Did you forget the part where Rick pulled gearhead's pinions and nankinged him?

how could i ever

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that episode with all the parasite aliens or whatever was not funny and mr poopybutthole was stupid

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
they should prob make one more season then quit while they're ahead and pivot into making ball fondlers a reality

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

cram me sideways posted:

rick and morty is soooooo good guys *spends hours creating animated avitar of rick and morty with a pained goon-centric pun for custom text* it's sooooooooooooooooo clever

you gonna let this garbage dick with a 2015 reg date tell you poo poo?

az
Dec 2, 2005

shows real good and if you dont like it you may aswell kill youreselfs

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
I think it is pretty good but I agree that the last episode was sort of a let down.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Frog Act posted:

the first season was spectacular and smoe of the funniest TV i've seen in ages (except that improv episode) but i've been disappointed by the second season so far tbh

i like the second season way better than the first so far

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

cram me sideways posted:

you sound mad

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rick & Morty is good but I can't help but get all hipster because I followed progenitors like The Venture Bros. and Morel Orel from the ground floor and a lot of R&M's audience seem like kids experiencing a decent Adult Swim show for the first time while I was grooving on that wavelength over a decade ago. Welp, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Venture bros is nothing like r&m, is not a progenitor. Unless you mean it's an adult cartoon show in which case buddy I've been watching space ghost coast to coast since the 90s and I out hipster you therefore I am more right when I say the venture bros is garbage for idiot children and only the first season is remotely watchable.

Rick and morty is good and it doesn't appear to have designs that disappear up its own rear end, so by season 3 it will probably still be picking up viewers and not relying on 21 minutes of callback reliant jokes that just comes off as smug nonsense

• Locked thread