Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Samfucius posted:

I cannot fathom why we would need different flavors of harpoons.

Also ##vote diqnol

Samfu I thought I was scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The thing of it is, I can give this thing away. It's easy to do. I could give it to any of you if you're interested in a potentially backfiring vig.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I forgot to say last night, I can use the coin instead of my night action, but have no idea what it does.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

QuoProQuid posted:

A few thoughts on merk's lynch yesterday:

As a candidate, merk was a "low burn," in which several prominent people found him suspicious, but it was not obvious he was going to be the final candidate. This fact is reinforced by the identity of the vote leader near the deadline, which twisted in several directions before finally settling on merk. I don't think scum knew merk would be lynched and strongly suspect that they were not early adopters of the case.

The first vote comes from Rarity, who is almost de facto confirmed, but whose vote carries her even closer to total confirmation. Rarity's vote largely continues her arguments from D1 (1) (2), namely that merk is misconstruing content and peddling “bullshit” (3) (4). It is a vote that seemingly goes unnoticed, except when Rarity polls Keane on the matter (4).

The reason I spend so much time on the above vote is to reassert the points mentioned in my first paragraph: merk was by no means a clear candidate and scum were probably not driving the case against him. From personal experience, I doubt scum would leave their vote flapping in the wind all day, as Rarity essentially did D2. Stubbornly sticking to an early case prevents one from guiding anyone but that candidate to the lynch. When said pressure is not reinforced by others, it can effectively be a waste of a vote and contradict scum interests. Rarity, if it is not already obvious, is almost certainly town for this reason.

Early behavior suggests one more thing to me: Scum were probably among the people who considered merk "suspicious" early, but jumped onto his bandwagon late. Though Rarity lands her vote a few hours after the thread opens, it takes almost another twenty-four hours for another player to join her (5) and it is not until the day of the deadline that a vote with any real permanence joins (6).

I unfortunately don't have much time to continue this analysis or reread the contributions from late yesterday. However, I feel good about those players (Kashuno and PMom) who tried to redirect the bandwagon toward Samfu. When town, merk's a very good player and I doubt scum would have made any attempt to save him.

Don't like this post at all. QPQ spends a whole lot of words on clearing me when I've already been confirmed town and even more badly, hasn't realised that Kash has flipped. This is not good in any way.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

QuoProQuid posted:

Before anyone says anything: Yes, I realize that Kashuno is henceforth deceased. :V

Doesn't look like you did based on how you describe me. This post is QPQ covering a major slip.

I'm done experimenting with the pearl so I'll ##unvote and see where I'm at once I'm caught up

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm going to be at PAX this weekend!

So I won't be working, and will be able to read and post in the thread, but I will be limited to phone posting for four days. Expect weird auto corrects, lovely proofreading, and a general lack of eloquence (even more so than usual).

Also, expect random bouts of giddiness as I see cool stuffs.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Don't like this post at all. QPQ spends a whole lot of words on clearing me when I've already been confirmed town and even more badly, hasn't realised that Kash has flipped. This is not good in any way.

Wouldn't scum have realized that Kash flipped?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mithross posted:

I'm going to be at PAX this weekend!

So I won't be working, and will be able to read and post in the thread, but I will be limited to phone posting for four days. Expect weird auto corrects, lovely proofreading, and a general lack of eloquence (even more so than usual).

Also, expect random bouts of giddiness as I see cool stuffs.

I cannot abide joy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Important information: I received a harpoon gun n1. I still have it unless it was stolen from me without my being notified. I thought it might be a trap. I now believe it functions and was given to me to kill merk.

Interesting. Do you think it was given to you by town or by scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yeah, originally I did think it was a backfiring gun. It might well be. However, given that merk was town, it makes more sense to me that it was given to me to shoot him. Think about it - why would somebody give me, a person who was almost lynched the day before, a vigilante that very night? It is either boobytrapped or was given to me to kill a townie, no ifs ands or buts about it. I can actually give it away if somebody wants to take a chance or knows how to identify it because I don't plan to ever use it.

Vig Keane

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I cannot abide joy.

I understand. If I were a dead soul, hanging onto the land of the living by sheer force of unholy will, I would also flee from joy. I would have no other choice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Fine.

(You make a fair point)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Are you saying that ignorance can't be faked or that QPQ isn't reading the thread?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So is there anything anyone wants to ask me or for me to specifically do? I actually don't have the time I thought I'd have today to do a full reread.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

QuoProQuid posted:

A few thoughts on merk's lynch yesterday:

As a candidate, merk was a "low burn," in which several prominent people found him suspicious, but it was not obvious he was going to be the final candidate. This fact is reinforced by the identity of the vote leader near the deadline, which twisted in several directions before finally settling on merk. I don't think scum knew merk would be lynched and strongly suspect that they were not early adopters of the case.

The first vote comes from Rarity, who is almost de facto confirmed, but whose vote carries her even closer to total confirmation. Rarity's vote largely continues her arguments from D1 (1) (2), namely that merk is misconstruing content and peddling “bullshit” (3) (4). It is a vote that seemingly goes unnoticed, except when Rarity polls Keane on the matter (4).

The reason I spend so much time on the above vote is to reassert the points mentioned in my first paragraph: merk was by no means a clear candidate and scum were probably not driving the case against him. From personal experience, I doubt scum would leave their vote flapping in the wind all day, as Rarity essentially did D2. Stubbornly sticking to an early case prevents one from guiding anyone but that candidate to the lynch. When said pressure is not reinforced by others, it can effectively be a waste of a vote and contradict scum interests. Rarity, if it is not already obvious, is almost certainly town for this reason.

Early behavior suggests one more thing to me: Scum were probably among the people who considered merk "suspicious" early, but jumped onto his bandwagon late. Though Rarity lands her vote a few hours after the thread opens, it takes almost another twenty-four hours for another player to join her (5) and it is not until the day of the deadline that a vote with any real permanence joins (6).

I unfortunately don't have much time to continue this analysis or reread the contributions from late yesterday. However, I feel good about those players (Kashuno and PMom) who tried to redirect the bandwagon toward Samfu. When town, merk's a very good player and I doubt scum would have made any attempt to save him.

1) kash flipped mason, so idk why you're trying to softly discredit rarity by saying she's de facto confirmed.

2) I also pushed the samfu bandwagon hard???

This post has like zero reads and also doesn't even accurate portray the reads it does have?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

And just to make it clear, I think QPQ swerved the vote off Diqnol and onto gamer. So right now QPQ is my #1 suspect followed by Diqnol. I also still suspect Hal as well and he hasn't really posted anything lately to make me change my mind.

I'm not sure what to think of the QPQ moving to and fro on Samfu. It could be scumbuddy covering for scumbuddy again, but it seems too obvious and therefore I'm more inclined to lean town for Samfu, but for now I'll put him in the 4th spot on my list.

What do you think of the people who started the vote on gamer (like myself)? I want to hear more. How did QPQ singlehandedly swerve the vote?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That's a pretty bad reading imo, why don't you spell out where you think he did that and why you think I needed any help

lmao diqnol, your play is not in a vacuum, how do you interpret swinging a vote as 'needing help'? You never cease to be egotistical.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The thing of it is, I can give this thing away. It's easy to do. I could give it to any of you if you're interested in a potentially backfiring vig.

I'll do it. Is it a dayvig or nightvig?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Are you saying that ignorance can't be faked or that QPQ isn't reading the thread?

I'm saying QPQ making a mega post on Kash is weird but not scummy in and of itself. QPQ is good as scum so who knows!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mithross posted:

I understand. If I were a dead soul, hanging onto the land of the living by sheer force of unholy will, I would also flee from joy. I would have no other choice.

Thank you for understanding. *performs a merry, ghostly, jig*

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I'm saying QPQ making a mega post on Kash is weird but not scummy in and of itself. QPQ is good as scum so who knows!

There was a game I was in where MMM as scum cased a player who'd been NKd in an attempt to look like stupid town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

There was a game I was in where MMM as scum cased a player who'd been NKd in an attempt to look like stupid town

QPQ isn't on my radar at all as scummy for today.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Still want to kill Vimes. Also, reasonably sure that at least one of TMM/QPQ is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

Still want to kill Vimes. Also, reasonably sure that at least one of TMM/QPQ is scum.

It's TMM.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

lmao diqnol, your play is not in a vacuum, how do you interpret swinging a vote as 'needing help'? You never cease to be egotistical.

Look at what he said. He said QPQ is the scummiest poster followed by me because QPQ turned the vote from me. That means, in effect, that he believes that QPQ was protecting me, his scumbro. I am attacking the notion that I would ask a scum mate to try to do that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I'll do it. Is it a dayvig or nightvig?

Night vig.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Look at what he said. He said QPQ is the scummiest poster followed by me because QPQ turned the vote from me. That means, in effect, that he believes that QPQ was protecting me, his scumbro. I am attacking the notion that I would ask a scum mate to try to do that.

Then I like your statement far less!

Yeah I'll do it. If I die, I die.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Am I the only one that thinks BK asking for a vig is shady?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

I could explain it but it's not that crazy. I know I'm town and I know my role isn't that important. I'm willing to take the backfiring risk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

I could explain it but it's not that crazy. I know I'm town and I know my role isn't that important. I'm willing to take the backfiring risk.

But then scum would love to get an extra NK and would probably consider it worth the risk of a backfire

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

But then scum would love to get an extra NK and would probably consider it worth the risk of a backfire

I mean, you guys all know it's me. If I actually live through the night I'll tell you who I shot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

I mean, you guys all know it's me. If I actually live through the night I'll tell you who I shot.

Yeah but scum can just go 'oh wait XXX was town? sorry guys, my bad'. I just think directly asking for that kind of power is scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Yeah but scum can just go 'oh wait XXX was town? sorry guys, my bad'. I just think directly asking for that kind of power is scummy.

Scum can do a lot of things town can do. And, you may disagree with me on this, but I think a townie with a less helpful role is more likely to try out a potentially backfiring vig than a scum.

Then again, if there are backfiring vigs then scum probably know which is which. So they'd only ask for it if they knew it was good.

I hadn't thought of that. Diqnol can keep the vig. I don't need to open that can of worms.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

Diqnol can keep the vig. I don't need to open that can of worms.

How do you mean?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

It's no more telling than everyone else who is scared to ask for it tbqh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll give it to someone tonight. Who knows who? Maybe I'll even give it in the form of a flying harpoon?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

:ghost:
~oooooo I'm a spooky ghost now too~
Go town!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

It's TMM.

I agree. I can't see any reason for a town player to go after TNL.

quote:

I hadn't thought of that. Diqnol can keep the vig. I don't need to open that can of worms.

What? Why would you back off just because someone said it might make you look suspicious. That looks even worse!

I have to go back to work but I'll be around tonight, sorry I want to contribute more!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

~oooooo I'm a spooky ghost now too~
Go town!!

Hello ghost buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree. I can't see any reason for a town player to go after TNL.

What? Why would you back off just because someone said it might make you look suspicious. That looks even worse!

I have to go back to work but I'll be around tonight, sorry I want to contribute more!

This just proves that Hal isn't really reading the thread or he would have seen that I never got the harpoon that ljtrigirl gave me.

The current theory is that I was bus driven with diqnol because he has the harpoon.

• Locked thread