Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao you quoted a dictionary definition

iGestalt posted:

You can mash the button to do it faster, too. Which is pretty rad.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Some dudes are going full on MGS2 Roy Campbell up in here.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
METAL GEAR SOLID 5: THE PHANTOM PAIN hype thread?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Metal...

GEAR??

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Fellow game havers: Can you return your soldiers salutes at Motherbase? I've tried to salute them back, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. Ditto for interacting with little D-Dog, he just stands there, looking at me, and i'm bummed out that I can't seem to interact with him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I only played Rising, what kind of game is mgs V?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

It's like harvest moon, except with dogs and dudes.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kurtofan posted:

You have a Diddy Kong avatar, and you expect us to believe you've been living under a rock since 1998? Well, actually... maybe you heard of the Metal Gear game on Nintendo? Like that one, this is about a guy named Snake using stealth to get the drop on guards and infiltrate places.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope the Steam version unlocks, by surprise, today. It's not impossible.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Kurtofan posted:

Its like an aggressively violent Zoo Tycoon.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Talkc posted:

Its like an aggressively violent Zoo Tycoon.

Can I use this for the new thread name?

OPs done. Should I post the thread now or is there anyone I should ask first?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Go for it. Cant wait for that new MGS thread smell.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

It's up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738930

lordsummerisle
Aug 4, 2013
So I jumped back into MGS4 yesterday in preperation for Phantom Pain. And.......I remember why I never finished the game. The cutscene ratio is insane, and after Ground Zeroes the gameplay feels very clunky.

I'll just brace myself, now.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hope the Steam version unlocks, by surprise, today. It's not impossible.

I'm going to check my phone all day, every 5 seconds, until nothing happens.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The place I used to get lots of games early even Ground Zeroes most recently has closed... Now I need to drive around the New Jersey suburbs of NYC and hope I find another street date breaking mom and pop. gently caress you work.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Checked some local places to see if they released early. I asked a person in EB and they pointed me towards GZ saying 'this came out a couple of days ago' and got angry when I tried to correct them, and that I meant TPP. Unfortunately there are no early releases around here :/

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Heavy Metal posted:

You have a Diddy Kong avatar, and you expect us to believe you've been living under a rock since 1998? Well, actually... maybe you heard of the Metal Gear game on Nintendo? Like that one, this is about a guy named Snake using stealth to get the drop on guards and infiltrate places.

maybe my question was a bit too vague, I know what mgs is but I heard this one was open world.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watched a stream last night and with no spoilers all I can say is the level design I'm scale and layout and depth to Mother base and R&D is astonishing. It's everything were hoping it will be. I had to force myself to cut the stream otherwise I could have just watched it all night. It was that great to watch...helped it wasn't Miller too.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Old thread...I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea...

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Greg Miller is like that infamous God Hand review in human form.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I don't know who Greg miller is but that's a really insulting.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
He's a fat annoying need who's bad at videogames

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yeah.. let's loving kill him! Let's tear his skin off and smash his bones into a billion pieces! Fat Miller, you're going to pay for this with your god drat life!

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Games › METAL GEAR SOLID V - Fat Miller played it like a drat fiddle

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Yeah.. let's loving kill him! Let's tear his skin off and smash his bones into a billion pieces! Fat Miller, you're going to pay for this with your god drat life!

Even if I had 9999x 5* Future Curry, I would only feed him Doritos!

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
metal gear

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

same

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
If anyone has tried the PC version... How is PP optimized compared to GZ? My PC's specs are below the minimum requirements for both Ground Zero and Phantom Pain, but I can still play Ground Zero fine, on medium settings, with occasional slowdown. Should I be able to play Phantom Pain? I have a 3.2 GHz Quad CPU, 4 Gigs of RAM, and a XFX Radeon 6950 1Gb. Resolution 1680 x 1050.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 28, 2015

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Renoistic posted:

If anyone has tried the PC version... How is PP optimized compared to GZ? My PC's specs are below the minimum requirements for both Ground Zero and Phantom Pain, but I can still play Ground Zero fine, on medium settings, with occasional slowdown. Should I be able to play Phantom Pain? I have a 1.3 GHz Quad CPU, 4 Gigs of RAM, and a XFX Radeon 6950 1Gb. Resolution 1680 x 1050.

Nobody has played the PC version yet, since the Steam requirement makes early retail copies useless and all the reviews were done on PS4. I'm sure it won't be much different to GZ though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Renoistic posted:

If anyone has tried the PC version... How is PP optimized compared to GZ? My PC's specs are below the minimum requirements for both Ground Zero and Phantom Pain, but I can still play Ground Zero fine, on medium settings, with occasional slowdown. Should I be able to play Phantom Pain? I have a 1.3 GHz Quad CPU, 4 Gigs of RAM, and a XFX Radeon 6950 1Gb. Resolution 1680 x 1050.

Other than people with PC review code, no one, and they aren't spilling beans.

TPP has the exact same requirements listed on its store page, so what you get in GZ should match in TPP.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Kiggles posted:

There's a Med Unit, right? I don't see why flesh and blood buddies couldn't be handled the same way. They'd just be stuck in the infirmary for a couple of 'days'. Just speculating, but that's what would usually happen to your soldiers who lose all their HP on Outer Ops in Peace Walker.

Oh jeeeeeez - I went through ALL of Outer Ops thinking that sending my best guys on missions left the possibility of them dying for good. That could have been a lot easier!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Alright, thanks. I can't really justify buying a new computer or a PS4 for one game.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 28, 2015

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Renoistic posted:

Alright, thanks. I can't really justify buying a new computer or a PS4 for one game.

I don't think you understand. MGSV is the Greatest and Final Video Game of all Time, so that logic doesn't apply here.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Watching Greg Miller play TPP is boring. The real deal is watching Peeler becoming more and more miserable with every single video they do. At some point there has to be a moment where he gets up, CQCs Miller in a fit of rage and takes over.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

GreatGreen posted:

I don't think you understand. MGSV is the Greatest and Final Video Game of all Time, so that logic doesn't apply here.

As long as I don't get sub-20 FPS I'm content.

thelordkanchi
Sep 14, 2012

TheMaestroso posted:

Oh jeeeeeez - I went through ALL of Outer Ops thinking that sending my best guys on missions left the possibility of them dying for good. That could have been a lot easier!

Your boys can die on Outer Ops in Peacewalker. If you send weakling on an S++ mission they'd probably all die.

Sensenmann posted:

Watching Greg Miller play TPP is boring. The real deal is watching Peeler becoming more and more miserable with every single video they do. At some point there has to be a moment where he gets up, CQCs Miller in a fit of rage and takes over.

I'd watch that.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

thelordkanchi posted:

Your boys can die on Outer Ops in Peacewalker. If you send weakling on an S++ mission they'd probably all die.

I wouldn't care about those guys dying. I was worried about my maxed-out soldiers biting it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TheMaestroso posted:

I wouldn't care about those guys dying. I was worried about my maxed-out soldiers biting it.

Don't scatter their sorrow to the heartless sea, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

iGestalt posted:

You can mash the button to do it faster, too. Which is pretty rad.

Wait, what?!

• Locked thread