Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Solid Snake killing himself on The Boss's tombstone and then nothing after that would have been the best ending.

Why was Grey Fox buried next to The Boss, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

It's the only cemetery any of them know about.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

That fight took place in '95, for the record. One year after D2: The Mighty Ducks took place.

Yeah, and a rifle kitted out like that wouldn't be around until at least '03. What the heck :v:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Johnny, a poo poo-soldier

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Johnny's dad Johnny better be recruitable/playable in PP.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

a cat irl posted:

If you play the Ground Zeroes mission and don't put Chico down after being prompted by Kaz, you get a little cutscene of the tape falling out of the helicopter as Chico is loaded.

Ground Zeroes covered its bases pretty well with cutscenes. You also get different ones based on whether or not you've rescued the POWs in the prison camp before extracting Chico. If they're still there, their cries for help push Big Boss into choking Chico out. If they're gone, it's a nearby soldier with a flashlight.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The fates of the Snake family and the Sasaki family are forever linked.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Harlock posted:

As far as I remember there's no heart rank. No soldier will ever have more heart.

:ocelot:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
24 hours? I'll see you all

when we all get back from the gym

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Snak posted:

So I liked the long "Here's to You" and I was reading about it on wikipedia. I learned what it was about. I had never heard of "The Sacco and Vanzetti Affair" and I couldn't believe how appropriate it was for the themes of MGS.

I may be late to this party, but for anyone else who isn't familiar, (and to paraphrase from wikipedia):

Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were two Italian-Americans living in Massachusetts. In 1921, they were convicted of murder and armed robbery. This conviction probably had more to due with the fact that they were both outspoken, anti-government anarchists, on top of being foreign. After their conviction, there were seven years of appeals, during which their case gained global attention. There were world-wide protests on their behalf. In 1927, they went to the electric chair.

Here's to you, Nicola and Bart. Rest forever here in our hearts.

Well, the film about these two where this song plays has some choice dialogue.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Funky Valentine posted:

Why was Grey Fox buried next to The Boss, again?

He wasn't. That was Big Boss' grave Snake goes to off himself at.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Saint-X posted:

24 hours? I'll see you all

when we all get back from the gym

No poo poo, if this game isn't on my doorstep Tuesday morning, I'm hitting the gym just to keep from going stir crazy.

If it is on my doorstep, I'm wearing a LifeAlert bracelet for the immediate future.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

The fact that MSF is basically "Soldiers Without Borders" cracks me up..

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
My CE just left Indianapolis. "Early delivery on the 1st" supposably

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OABF4AsUec

this youtube expands on the parallels a bunch (trigger warning: its critical)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PublicOpinion posted:

I wonder if soldiers still level up on use like they did in Peace Walker. I never bothered with soldiers who weren't already really good in PW, could you take a chump and turn them into a champ by playing as them or did they cap out at a percentage of their starting stats?
They said you can train soldiers at being better. Probably limited to combat.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Snak posted:

They will kill people and break things without discriminating based on nationality.

P.S. guys were less than 24 hours from this game coming out.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This time 24 hours from now I'm gonna be playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

This time 24 hours from now I'm gonna be playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

This time 24 hours from now us poor Steam users will be swapping to Luxembourg or South Africa download zones to desperately attempt to download Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain slightly faster.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Snak posted:

A friend of mine told me that thanks to Big Boss, Games Done Quick marathons occasionally sound really weird to him.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

this time 24 hours I am going to be installing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain still because the PSN servers are going to poo poo themselves most likely

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

this time 24 hours I am going to be installing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain still because the PSN servers are going to poo poo themselves most likely

Why haven't you already?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Here's what transfers, from people you load in the helicopter. You get them to join you as you beat missions in TPP. Also some costumes get unlocked for a transfered file. So far that's all anyone knows.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Don't forget about that paper slip that comes in physical copies of GZ. Some Konami Core code you have to enter on a website. Im guessing it will give us those stupid face tattoo soldiers.

I used the code, and the website said to log back in when TPP releases.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Modest Mao posted:

Here's what transfers, from people you load in the helicopter. You get them to join you as you beat missions in TPP. Also some costumes get unlocked for a transfered file. So far that's all anyone knows.

doesn't add up unless one of those is kojima

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Mad Wallaby could be Hideo if the wifi logo stands for intel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Wi-fi logo is Support I think. The one before it is Intel.
In order the icons are Combat, R&D, Base Development, Intel, Support, and Medicine I think.

lets hang out posted:

None of them are Kojima. You probably get him from a mission in Phantom Pain.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

gfanikf posted:

Why haven't you already?

EU/AU/NZ get shafted, as per usual. No pre-load so far :(

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
It just says "suitable save file" so who knows what that means. I haven't dug up any other info yet. We'll probably know tomorrow when, assumedly, the servers go completely online.

And yeah, Kojima is his own thing, I think.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Played through Peace Walker for the first time last week, great game. I've now played every game in the series except Portable Ops. I am so goddamn ready for this.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

lets hang out posted:

You saved Chico, but Paz blew up.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
So can we not use a VPN service to get this a little bit early or is the Release worldwide set to 12am 9/1 EST?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Amazing Member posted:

So can we not use a VPN service to get this a little bit early or is the Release worldwide set to 12am 9/1 EST?

I thought pc people were doing this!?!?!

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Amazing Member posted:

no need:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

drat so PS4 people will get to play first, huh? Can you pre-load on xbone?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

more like robert allen liar

warrencanadian
Nov 22, 2013

a cop posted:

drat so PS4 people will get to play first, huh? Can you pre-load on xbone?

Yeah, pre-load's been up on XBone for about 2 weeks. Finished mine last Monday.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
I know chances are low, but I'm really hoping we do get to download at midnight NZ time. God, I'm so hype for this game.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

I know chances are low, but I'm really hoping we do get to download at midnight NZ time. God, I'm so hype for this game.

Yeah it's looking pretty slim :(

NZ here, pretty annoyed at this really especially since PSN download speeds suck balls so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Gentlepeople, in less than 24 hours, Kojima willing, we'll be playing METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

• Locked thread