Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah okay this is what I don't get, Trump was always your typical centrist Democrat and even praised Obama, what suddenly made him go birther conspiracy and then full-on crazytown in the Republican primary.

Be rich.

Be ideologically consistent.

Pick one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah okay this is what I don't get, Trump was always your typical centrist Democrat and even praised Obama, what suddenly made him go birther conspiracy and then full-on crazytown in the Republican primary.

Ah alright I've found your problem, you see this:

VitalSigns posted:

Trump was always your typical centrist Democrat and even praised Obama

Now what you'll want to do is retrace your steps until you come across the wormhole that brought you here.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Carson's a hell of a surgeon, but his politics are awful. He'll be another flash in the pan candidate like Newt was back in 2012.

sure hope so; carson isn't even entertaining like trump is, he's just a staid embodiment of FYGM

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

One of my guys made a giant Santa hat for one of them when we were in port overseas during Christmas, the other wore reindeer antlers... I can't seem to find the pictures right now though :(

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 1, 2015

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Young Freud posted:

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but Trump is about to get stumped. Ben Carson's surged to be within 5 points of Trump in the Des Moines Registers polling and is now tied with Trump according to Monmouth University's most recent survey.

Carson lacks a competent organization behind him. His stuff is being handled by the same crew that was :newt: '12

Also, I've been super busy, do we have a Trump smiley yet?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It should be the Taylor Swift boom but with Donald.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

VitalSigns posted:

Rich New York centrists tend to be pretty drat racist when it comes down to it. See also: Bloomberg, Giuliani, Helmsly

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Queen of Mean posted:

"Lawyer Alan Dershowitz said he once had breakfast with Leona at one of the Helmsley hotels and the waiter brought him a cup of tea with a tiny bit of water spilled on the saucer. Dershowitz says Leona grabbed the cup from him and smashed it on the floor, then demanded that the waiter get down on his hands and knees and beg for his job."

Helmsley had a barbecue pit constructed for her home. The work was performed by Eugene Brennan, a personal friend of Jeremiah McCarthy, the chief engineer of Helmsley-Spear. When the final bill came to $13,000, she refused to pay, citing shoddy workmanship. When McCarthy pleaded with her to honor the bill, citing the favor done on his behalf and informing her that Brennan had six children to support, Helmsley replied, "Why didn't he keep his pants on? Then he wouldn't need the money."

:eyepop:

Some business magnates are just terrible individuals.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nonsense posted:

:eyepop:

Some business magnates aren't terrible individuals.

Fixed that for you. When people start getting scared of saying "no" to you, it's easy to end up devolving into a petulant child.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Young Freud posted:

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but Trump is about to get stumped. Ben Carson's surged to be within 5 points of Trump in the Des Moines Registers polling and is now tied with Trump according to Monmouth University's most recent survey.

I'd be surprised if Trump hasn't already tweeted about how much the Des Moines Register sucks again.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Carson lacks a competent organization behind him. His stuff is being handled by the same crew that was :newt: '12

Well we've got a gang tag at least:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fade5 posted:

Well we've got a gang tag at least:

I'd dig that added beneath my current AV. Just to make the entirety as obnoxious as The Donald's glorious campaign.

And my posting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “The Senate Democrats have a big enough number to prevent us from doing things. They prevented us from doing any of the bills that appropriate money for the government, thereby forcing a negotiation when we go back in after Labor Day, which I’ll be engaged in with the administration and others to try to sort out how much we’re going to spend and where we’re going to spend it... We just don’t have the votes to get the outcome that we’d like. I would remind all of your viewers: The way you make a law in this country, the Congress has to pass it and the president has to sign it. The president has made it very clear he’s not going to sign any bill that includes defunding of Planned Parenthood, so that’s another issue that awaits a new president hopefully with a different point of view about Planned Parenthood.” ~ Mitch McConnell

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It was a joke :ssh:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Planned Parenthood subsidies are what? 0.01% of the federal budget?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

McDowell posted:

About right! The US Federal budget is $3,504,000,000,000 of which $540,600,000 goes to Planned Parenthood, which is 0.0154%.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

McDowell posted:

I think it's closer to 0.02% but I could be wrong.

e: Technically correct, the best kind. :smug:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thank you, House Committee on Benghazi for uncovering the shocking truths!!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skim milk in tea should be grounds for impeachment anyway.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Hillary is spending tax payer dollars on skim milk. The attacks write themselves.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Well, gently caress, the Inspector General says that Jason's shopping list is classified. :smith:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary didn't have Tivo or someone recording her shows for her in 2009 (I just waited for it to show up on Hulu). I guess watching it as it airs is more volkish.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Joementum posted:

Thank you, House Committee on Benghazi for uncovering the shocking truths!!!

I can't tell whether the Republicans in Congress really understand the degree to which they are making the entirety of the country apathetic about any scandal involving Hillary Clinton. She could murder someone live on the Today show, and I feel like the majority of America would be suspicious of the veracity of the claim. They're doing her a loving huge favor dragging all this stuff out more than a year out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

McDowell posted:

The military has killed more innocent people than Planned Parenthood, and is more expensive to boot.

DEFUND IT :black101:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Fried Chicken posted:

:shrek:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:trump: should be that except the smiley has orange hair and the poo poo is gold-colored.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Tesseraction posted:

Carson experimented on aborted babies. He will not survive the attention of a poll lead.

b b b but he says that's a flat out lie conjured up by the media (even though his name is on the loving research).

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tea Party Republicans posted:

The military has killed more brown children than Planned Parenthood, and is less efficient to boot.

INCREASE FUNDING AND PRIVATIZATION TO IMPROVE EFFICIENCY :freep:

:smith:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Abort all tea party babies.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

b b b but he says that's a flat out lie conjured up by the media (even though his name is on the loving research).

Carson's initial response was even stupider--he said he didn't know if they'd been aborted or not (seems like the sort of thing you'd care about if it was, you know, murder) and that it was wasteful not to experiment on them. There's no way to sound more callous or stupid on one of the GOPs biggest issues.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LeeMajors posted:

The military has killed more innocent people than Planned Parenthood, and is more expensive to boot.

DEFUND IT :black101:

We need more grunt control.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

chitoryu12 posted:

We need more grunt control.

Thanks to drones, bad micro is now a leading cause of civilian casualties :smithicide:

SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
If you have to email someone to buy you skim milk, you lose my vote.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

If you have to email someone to buy you skim milk, you lose my vote.

Yeah, I also think it's important for presidential candidates to hone their milk buying skills before their presidency so they can never use them again as President.

You basically just said she failed the test of which candidate you'd rather have a beer with.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sinteres posted:

Yeah, I also think it's important for presidential candidates to hone their milk buying skills before their presidency so they can never use them again as President.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
JFYI Sanders would buy milk with a coupon and roll of nickels.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

:golfclap:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So I heard a Sanders campaign speech at a certain srirachaball filled state fair, and I'm left with but one overriding impression:

Bernie Sanders be so white, he so white he see the problem of race in america as one of red and black, of purely resources, and is completely unwilling to talk about race without talking about red and black.

I tell ya, there are four words Sanders could utter which'd ruin his campaign, which is why he'll never utter them directly, and they are this: "Let's talk about race."

Why do you think Uncle Ben is so popular in the Iowa? Unlike Trump, Ben Carson has taken lessons from the NRA and applied them to race. Particularly, now is not the time to talk about race.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Red the blood of angry men

Black the dark of ages past

Red the world about to dawn

Black the night that ends at last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My Imaginary GF posted:

So I heard a Sanders campaign speech at a certain srirachaball filled state fair, and I'm left with but one overriding impression:

Bernie Sanders be so white, he so white he see the problem of race in america as one of red and black, of purely resources, and is completely unwilling to talk about race without talking about red and black.

I tell ya, there are four words Sanders could utter which'd ruin his campaign, which is why he'll never utter them directly, and they are this: "Let's talk about race."

Why do you think Uncle Ben is so popular in the Iowa? Unlike Trump, Ben Carson has taken lessons from the NRA and applied them to race. Particularly, now is not the time to talk about race.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/racial-justice/

• Locked thread