Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: I found a Beth and even a few Summers but loving no one wants to be a Jerry. :v:

I just assume everyone, who comes to these things but doesn't cosplay, essentially is Jerry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The best cosplay was black Rick and Morty.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's great fun to go through all those old videos and find the germs of ideas that later turned into R&M gags/storylines.

This Harmontown clip has me thinking that the "Auto Erotic Assimilation" episode was Dan's version of a hosed up RomCom. He really really loving hates RomComs :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnygQhtwmHg

Edit: :nws: in case someone needed to be told

Was that

Was that just foreplay.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Entropic posted:

I love when Morty's trying commiserate with the teenyverse creator. "Science, huh? Ain't it a thing?"

Old Lady Science... she's a.... you gotta hold on tight!

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Away all Goats posted:

And where the car has enough energy to protect summer but not fly to the ice cream shop

That bugged me a little but I figure there's just another smaller battery / power source in the back for the weapons systems. :v:

(The trashcan powered propulsion system just uses a ton of power, obviously.)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

spoon0042 posted:

That bugged me a little but I figure there's just another smaller battery / power source in the back for the weapons systems. :v:

(The trashcan powered propulsion system just uses a ton of power, obviously.)

Rick probably just invented weapons powered by fear. poo poo your pants and those things are ready to go for months. Why can't the car be powered by fear? Because who the hell is afraid of a car?

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Of course someone had this idea :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxUaEz6DSo

Only found one, tho.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A funny harmontown segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOCm6Bu-5mI

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ramos posted:

Rick probably just invented weapons powered by fear. poo poo your pants and those things are ready to go for months. Why can't the car be powered by fear? Because who the hell is afraid of a car?

I am, his car, now. Jeez.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

One of the reasons this show is so good is the emotional weight it plays with. I've been revisiting another show this morning that I found equally, if not more, so: Moral Orel. Particularly the second to third seasons. While I think Rick and Morty plays to a more episodic format, I'm excited to see how the character arcs emerge with this as a contextual precedent. Certainly, Moral Orel gains a lot from having ended, If Rick and Morty isn't to become drawn out as The Simpsons or Futurama, or end abruptly, I have high hopes for how this will be built in.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Goddamn The Ricks Must Be Crazy was good. I'm kinda glad I missed out on Get Schwifty when it aired so I could watch them back to back and end my session on a high note. Get Schwifty wasn't terrible but it felt really undercooked and weirdly wacky in a cheap Aqua Teen Hunger Force kinda way. And someone else said it earlier but Ice-T would have been a lot better if actually played by Ice-T because drat that was a poor impersonation. The second song was real bad too.

The Ricks Must Be Crazy was loving solid all around though. I almost enjoyed the car plot more than the main one just for how bleak and scary it was.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wait, people didn't like Get Schwifty? :wtc:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wait, people didn't like Get Schwifty? :wtc:

Yeah they are weird. I don't even think it's a weak episode- some jokes work and some don't same as every episode. Some episodes flow better on first viewing, but they all hold up pretty well on a rewatch.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Just Offscreen posted:

Yeah they are weird. I don't even think it's a weak episode- some jokes work and some don't same as every episode. Some episodes flow better on first viewing, but they all hold up pretty well on a rewatch.

It became funnier to me after the couple of references that The Ricks Must Be Crazy made towards it.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
Get Schwifty is hilarious. The microverse episode has good bits, like the slow ramp, but the ship saving the planet/Summer on aux power didn't do it for me, and they already did an episode with time-dilated nested realities. That's a pretty specific trope to start rehashing already in my mind.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I loved the car's bitchiness at Summer for keeping it from protecting her in horrible, evil ways. I figure the main reason Rick didn't take Summer into the battery is that he knew her ethics would cause her to try to gently caress up his slavery deal.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hammy posted:

That's a pretty specific trope to start rehashing already in my mind.

Going into dreams is pretty different than a universe-inside-a-universe-as-a-battery, in my opinion.

I guess people will complain about anything :shrug:

Also, whoever created and posted the "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT CLIP", you're the best.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Get Schwifty was a nice break from the sheer darkness of the season thusfar- sure some planets got destroyed, but it was more silly than anything.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Get Schwifty's high points were very high, but the rest of the episode was well below average by R&M standards. Lots of dead time between good jokes.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Get Schwifty was a nice break from the sheer darkness of the season thusfar- sure some planets got destroyed, but it was more silly than anything.

I'd say an episode where the Earth reappears in the proper space to the sound of a fart is a nice break from darkness.

I mean, farts, man. That's some funny poo poo.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lol this was really funny thanks.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Go goURRRP Sanchez Ski Shoes

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Johnny Truant posted:

Also, whoever created and posted the "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT CLIP", you're the best.

You're welcome. Blow me.

And, if we're gonna post clips from Harmontown, let's at least post the best one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

johntfs posted:

I loved the car's bitchiness at Summer for keeping it from protecting her in horrible, evil ways. I figure the main reason Rick didn't take Summer into the battery is that he knew her ethics would cause her to try to gently caress up his slavery deal.

He might not have been wrong. After all, her ethics did end up loving up ice cream.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't know why they couldn't just have flies as an additional topping.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not exactly R&M related but Dan Harmon is doing a segment Drunk History this year and apparently reaches a new level of hosed up

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Not exactly R&M related but Dan Harmon is doing a segment Drunk History this year and apparently reaches a new level of hosed up
I have a friend who insists they're faking drunk when they make Drunk History segments.

I'm pretty sure the Harmon segment will put that to bed.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

JT Jag posted:

I don't know why they couldn't just have flies as an additional topping.

ALL ice cream has to be for all species. :colbert:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Inkspot posted:

You're welcome. Blow me.

And, if we're gonna post clips from Harmontown, let's at least post the best one.

Any chance you could grab "DISQUALIFIED" as well?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't know if there's a thread for it but dang Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell, the show that follows rick and morty every week, completely flew under my radar before but I'm digging the poo poo out of it. It's a nice nightcap.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Another pretty good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQiytVipW4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

ALL ice cream has to be for all species. everyone no matter how many legs. :colbert:

There we go.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Crossposting from the PYF cosplay thread:
Huh, you know I was considering trying for a Rick this Halloween but thanks for saving me the time by showing me there's literally no way to make it look good.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
The R&M cosplay I want to see is someone in the big-head Beth costume from Mortynight Run.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Hazo posted:

Huh, you know I was considering trying for a Rick this Halloween but thanks for saving me the time by showing me there's literally no way to make it look good.

Here you go:

Cosplay your age, people. A 30 year-old playing a 60 year-old isn't cool, its douchey.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Black Rick and the Snowball are the best ones.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Irish Joe posted:

Here you go:

Cosplay your age, people. A 30 year-old playing a 60 year-old isn't cool, its douchey.

Rick is played by a 30 year old though.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

I thought the point of cosplay was to explore being another character and to maybe show off crafting skills, not necessarily matching the character 100% accurately.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Segmentation Fault posted:

I thought the point of cosplay was to explore being another character and to maybe show off crafting skills, not necessarily matching the character 100% accurately.

You have to work within your body type. You know, the schlubby guy dressed as Sailor Moon is funny in a "what a pathetic loser" kind of way, but its not good cosplay. If you're fat, dress as fat characters. If you're young, dress as young characters. If you're a man, dress as male characters. Etc, etc, etc. There's nothing worse than someone dressing up as something they're not, and failing to create the illusion that they are that character (yes, there are instances where people can create that illusion working against type, but they are few and far between).

In short, its better to be a mediocre Jerry than a bad Rick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I agree for Cosplay because that poo poo is mostly weird and I can't say I'm a fan.

But for Halloween, it doesn't matter because everyone is drunk and having a good time. Halloween owns. Dressing up at cons, does not own. It's a hot miserable experience. It was not 'second Halloween'.

• Locked thread