Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Rarity posted:

So here's a track of all the claims we've had regarding items

Diqnol: Received harpoon on N1 (unconfirmed but breadcrumbed but never dropped)
Trigirl: Gave TM a harpoon on N1 and Kash a harpoon on N2 (unconfirmed)
Mithross: Gave board/nails to QPQ on N1 and hammer to Kash on N2 (confirmed by QPQ/in thread)
QPQ: Passed board/nails on (specifically to Lumpen?) on N2
Lumpen: Received board/nails on N2 and used (without hammer?) on trigirl on N3 (confirmed by trigirl)
Trigirl: Blocked on N3 (confirmed by Lumpen)
TM: Bullshit cop claim (unconfirmed)
Mithross: Tracked TM to Keane on N3 with the coin (unconfirmed)

So in regards to this roleblock thing I'd say there's only two possibilities that suit Occam's Razor: either Scumpen receives the board/nails, doesn't realise they need a hammer and lets the scum RB block trigirl while he claims or trigirl is bullshitting the need for the items to combine. Therefore, here are my questions:

1. QPQ, when you received the board/nails did they say they needed another item?
2. Mithross, full claim please.
3. Whoever originally had the coin should consider claiming as well
4. TM, why are you bad at setting up fake claims?

I have 2 votes ready for TM as soon as these are answered (ok, I'm not too fussed about number 4 :v:)

I'm sort of confirmed by the fact that no one else claims to have given Kash the harpoon that he flipped with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I agree that TMM's claim should be totally dismissed and he should be immediately lynched, there's no way he's a Cop and his claimed targets make no sense at all. There's nothing more obvious than a Watcher who unambiguously sees one visitor to the nightkill. Keene's dead, only TMM visited, case closed. Nothing else can explain it that I can think of.

This only makes me want to vote TM less ugh

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Rarity posted:

This only makes me want to vote TM less ugh

Eh. I think both Scumpen and Tumpen would jump on the TMM wagon, so it doesn't surprise me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Once again, I had no hammer, needed no hammer, and my PM specifically and clearly said that I found a board and nails and instructions for using them, and specifically said that I had received a One-Shot Roleblock. I assume that QPQ got the very same message and will corroborate. Also I used these boards and nails and it demonstrably worked, since ljtri claimed being blocked before I claimed blocking, and we are not in cahoots.

Given those facts, these statements from ljtrigirl and Mithross really need some explanation:

ljtrigirl posted:

It said if you put a hammer with some boards, you get a roleblock at night. That's why I said something about finding the other part or not being able to use it or something.

ljtrigirl posted:

The hammer said it coupled with boards and nails to make a roleblock.
My PM said, totally unambiguously that I RECIEVED A ONE-SHOT ROLEBLOCK.

ljtrigirl posted:

I'm content with a hammer and my harpoon. Someone else can take the coin.
then Mithross does...

Mithross posted:

##grab coin

If this is rude, I'm sorry.
and that's how he Watched...

ljtrigirl posted:

The harpoon gives a Vigilante Kill.

The hammer does something else that I don't want to say, and I'll be passing it probably.

ljtrigirl posted:

Mithross posted:

It's possible he was given stuff in the night, as a confirmed town. I know I tried to. In fact, I'm pretty sure I know what the hammer is.
:thumbsup:

If you could secretly wink at whoever I should give it to, that'd be cool.
This whole exchange looks... off.

Mithross posted:

My role works the same, although I give out the hammers.
Why say this when he doesn't? Does he? This is nothing like my PM. I want to hear what QPQ says he got. Not "hammers".
contrast with

Mithross posted:

TMM visited keane last night. He was the only one. That is what using the coin on keane told me.

Also, I give out the boards. I gave it to QPQ n1, but I chose kashuno n2, which is why I thought the hammer was the pick up for it. This makes me confused.

Also to mull over.

ljtrigirl posted:

gently caress it. Not sure what else is in this roleset, so I'll make sure this gets out.

I'm pretty sure TMM killed Ninth, which does not at all line up with the reads that he expressed yesterday, where he wanted to push QPQ or Hal. Either of those kills would have been awesome. Ninth was not. Ninth was all towny and poo poo.

Mithross posted:

Hello everyone, I am alive, and caught up. I would have posted sooner, but my hotel eats wireless signal. Just... eats it.

I can confirm that diqnol can't pass his item during the day, or drop it. My coin is the same way.

Keane, as a ghost, what are your thoughts on magick?

As for reads, QPQ is starting to look scummy to me. I did not like his case on ljtrigirl, to me her posts looked logically consistant.

I feel fishy about all this, it is not adding up but I haven't put the pieces together into a hypothesis yet.

Mithross, QPQ, ljtrigir, comment. Clear this up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
trigirl's comment about Mithross winking implies she's telling the truth and this would be a really weird lie to go to the effort of breadcrumbing.

TM today, Lumpen tomorrow

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
ljtrigirl and Mithross angling together against QPQ, both with "handing things out" claims, but ljtrigirl's handout to TMM didn't happen, and she recovered the N2 one because it was on the nightkill... Mithross self-contradicting the details of his handout (also recovered on the same nightkill)...

I am trying to figure out what would explain motivations for these moves, but it looks weirdly coordinated, and I really think QPQ is also Town. If they expected QPQ to use the RB N2 instead of passing it...

still working out a theory and how connects to TMM, who also spent 2 days gunning hard on QPQ, and was the supposed recipient of the N1 harpoon pass... which how did that get messed up? What would be the response to a surprise diversion...

thinking...

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen- I don't get what you want me to clear up. I picked up the hammer, which was useless without boards. I kind of assumed Mitross knew what to do with it or also gave out boards or something. I passed the hammer last night. Not saying to who.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Like, both of the items were dropped in the thread. I really don't get where you're going with this.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

Lumpen- I don't get what you want me to clear up. I picked up the hammer, which was useless without boards. I kind of assumed Mitross knew what to do with it or also gave out boards or something. I passed the hammer last night. Not saying to who.
You are explicitly claiming that your PM told you that it was useless without boards? You are claiming it was not explicitly characterized as a One-Shot Roleblock? Be clear.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

Like, both of the items were dropped in the thread. I really don't get where you're going with this.
I Roleblocked you! My PM was about boards and nails and was explicitly called a 1-Shot Roleblock, no Hammer was mentioned. This does not square with the posting of you and Mithross! Are you lying now or were you lying then or are you claiming I am lying? Specify for the record.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Pinterest Mom posted:

You've never played in a game with a ninja?
That didn't occur to me. Not likely though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Lumpen posted:

You are explicitly claiming that your PM told you that it was useless without boards? You are claiming it was not explicitly characterized as a One-Shot Roleblock? Be clear.

She's been pretty clear, that's exactly what she is claiming.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Do we have a loving cop in this game or what? I don't believe TMM at all.

Not gonna put him at -1 this early, though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Lumpen posted:

That didn't occur to me. Not likely though.

Why would you say that? I've never played in a big ecco game before but those bs roles are apparently right up her alley.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

Dude. I've said it like 3 times. It said that it needed boards but would be a one shot roleblock if combined with boards. Nothing about nails. Maybe yours was already nailed?

And, passing is a free action.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit QPQ where are you?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

I Roleblocked you! My PM was about boards and nails and was explicitly called a 1-Shot Roleblock, no Hammer was mentioned. This does not square with the posting of you and Mithross! Are you lying now or were you lying then or are you claiming I am lying? Specify for the record.

I'm not saying anyone is lying!

I was blocked.
You're claiming to have blocked me with a board and nails.
I picked up a hammer that said that it would make a roleblock when combined with a board.

Like, I just don't get what you're not getting here.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Or why you're still voting TMM if you had this massive OMG moment.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##unvote TMM out of Rarity-range until I get answers.

ljtrigirl and Mithross are not being truthful, and seem to be out to set up TMM, QPQ somehow with the items they're handing out and picking up.

ljtrigirl posted:

What points that QPQ made did you agree with?

ljtrigirl posted:

Lumpen- Please explain the QPQ top town read because I'm not seeing it.

ljtrigirl posted:

I feel like whoever killed Ninth should probably explain why.

ljtrigirl posted:

gently caress it.

I know who you are.

You need to explain and have a really good reason because that kill 100% does not line up with your reads. And I'm kind of pissed because he was one of my better reads.

ljtrigirl posted:

gently caress it. Not sure what else is in this roleset, so I'll make sure this gets out.

I'm pretty sure TMM killed Ninth, which does not at all line up with the reads that he expressed yesterday, where he wanted to push QPQ or Hal. Either of those kills would have been awesome. Ninth was not. Ninth was all towny and poo poo.

ljtrigirl posted:

I'll now say this explicitly in case people are terrible at reading between the lines.

TMM got the N1 harpoon.
and that didn't work out... she totally dropped it.

Mithross posted:

TMM visited keane last night. He was the only one. That is what using the coin on keane told me.

Also, I give out the boards. I gave it to QPQ n1, but I chose kashuno n2, which is why I thought the hammer was the pick up for it. This makes me confused.
Something's not right here. I want QPQ to talk about the PM he got for the boards he passed me, and I want Mithross to expand on his role and powers.

Pinterest Mom posted:

You've never played in a game with a ninja?
If there's a Ninja Scum or SK then TMM could be telling the truth. His claimed targets are still implausible and it's hard to believe anyone would target and then post so stupidly, but I've never played with him before.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
you see I would have a problem with them setting up TMM, but it doesn't really matter since he's the most obvious scum ever so yeah

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Dude.

Step 1: I give TMM a harpoon N1.
Step 2: N0 and N1, there's only one death by poisoning.
Step 3: N2, Ninth flips as stabbed to death.

At that point, there was only 1 person that could have gotten and used my harpoon, TMM. Then diq a) claims he got the harpoon and b) pointed back to mentions he left D2 after he got it. Clearly either diq stole it or there's a bus driver that switched TMM and diq. So, I decide to use my VK tonight and see what the flavor reads. BUT THEN YOU loving BLOCK ME SO I CAN'T.

Like, I'm pretty sure your scum at this point with these illogical derailments, but if you're town, you need to get your poo poo together.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I didn't finish my last post completely, I missed quoting one or two additional times when ljtrigirl pressed me to explain my read on QPQ, and also ljtrigirl's declaration that QPQ was supposed to get killed last night (to recover Mithross's other passed item?) They would have thought that QPQ still had the boards and nails and he hadn't claimed anything about it at that point, so killing him last night would allow the info exposing the contradictions in the "hammer" posts to die with him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lumpen, why aren't you voting for one of trigirl/Mithross if you're convinced they've set you up?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ljtrigirl posted:

Dude.

Step 1: I give TMM a harpoon N1.
Step 2: N0 and N1, there's only one death by poisoning.
Step 3: N2, Ninth flips as stabbed to death.

At that point, there was only 1 person that could have gotten and used my harpoon, TMM. Then diq a) claims he got the harpoon and b) pointed back to mentions he left D2 after he got it. Clearly either diq stole it or there's a bus driver that switched TMM and diq. So, I decide to use my VK tonight and see what the flavor reads. BUT THEN YOU loving BLOCK ME SO I CAN'T.

Like, I'm pretty sure your scum at this point with these illogical derailments, but if you're town, you need to get your poo poo together.

It's possible someone else gives out harpoons too

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
THEY SET ME UP MAN

THEYRE ALL IN ON IT

HIM

HER

HER

THE WHOLE drat LOT OF EM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's not exactly a who's who of the towniest players on TMM right now, claim or otherwise. I really do wish we had some confirmation as to what a harpoon kill flavor was. Stabbed is too vague and not quite in line with the flavor I would expect but not far enough off to feel comfortable calling it either way.

If there exists the real possibility this is lylo setting then you have to be at least wary of a fakeclaim setting up a bad lynch for the win. I think Lumpen is right to step back, but I don't really agree with his theory because it assumes too many specifics about the setup. I could easily see Mithross just lying about the coin but there isn't as much reason to distrust ljtrigirl.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Lumpen, why aren't you voting for one of trigirl/Mithross if you're convinced they've set you up?
I'm not convinced. If Mithross and QPQ come in with information that lead to a reasonable explanation, then I may just be paranoid.

I see a contradiction from my point of view, based on the PM I got and the fact that I actually uses the action and was told it was successful, versus the claims in the thread that directly contradict what I know. I want that at least clarified before the lynch.

Is there any possible way this could this be LYLO right now?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ljtrigirl since you were blocked, you still have the harpoon nightvig you picked up from kashuno in hand, right? And you claim you passed the "hammer" (roleblock)...
I there is a mislynch and 2 nightkills and a harpoon vig, we have 10 people left. If there are 6 Scum the game would be over.
If there are 5 Scum, the numbers would be tied...
But if Rarity still has the pearl and it's -1 to lynch her, the Scum could do it at that point even with 4 Scum. And if holding it makes her a FreeLynch like it did SirSam then 4 Scum could win the game tomorrow.

This could definitely be LYLO.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
If Rarity get nightkilled, does the Pearl drop? If the Pearl gets grabbed by Scum for the doublevote that's also grim scenario.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

On using the pearl I was given a few options to choose the nature of my destiny (Knowledge, Power, Wealth, Love, Sacrifice). I chose Knowledge and can now ask Ecco one question each night. I plan to use this power to make myself a de facto cop :toot:

Also, I now need to still be holding the pearl when town wins to win myself.
Is Rarity even still Town for sure?

Rarity, what is your win condition if you voluntarily dropped the Pearl at this point?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still need town to win, I just have an extra condition in still needing the pearl or else I lose while town still wins. If I drop the pearl now I lose

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I am a roleblock-enabler (that's the name I was given for my role). I own, and give out each night, an assortment of carpentry materials. I targeted QPQ night 1, and Kashuno night 2, and gave them materials.

I do not know why Kashuno only dropped a hammer, that "has to be combined with boards". Nothing about my role suggests that you need a hammer to use the items I give out.

As for using the coin on Keane, I breadcrumbed it in advance:

Mithross posted:

Keane, as a ghost, what are your thoughts on magick?

I was told the coin was magickal, and that I could use it on another player, but not myself. And Diqnol's flip should help confirm that that was a breadcrumb, and not me being weird. He was an enchantress, and had a chest full of coins. Presumably he was the one who handed them out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Lumpen posted:

##unvote TMM out of Rarity-range until I get answers.

ljtrigirl and Mithross are not being truthful, and seem to be out to set up TMM, QPQ somehow with the items they're handing out and picking up.

Something's not right here. I want QPQ to talk about the PM he got for the boards he passed me, and I want Mithross to expand on his role and powers.

You claim I'm not being truthful, but then when you quote me, you quote the post where I say something wasn't right and I was confused by it, and agree that something isn't right.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mithross posted:

I am a roleblock-enabler (that's the name I was given for my role). I own, and give out each night, an assortment of carpentry materials. I targeted QPQ night 1, and Kashuno night 2, and gave them materials.

I do not know why Kashuno only dropped a hammer, that "has to be combined with boards". Nothing about my role suggests that you need a hammer to use the items I give out.

As for using the coin on Keane, I breadcrumbed it in advance:

I was told the coin was magickal, and that I could use it on another player, but not myself. And Diqnol's flip should help confirm that that was a breadcrumb, and not me being weird. He was an enchantress, and had a chest full of coins. Presumably he was the one who handed them out.
This does not sound right.
You're being vague about what you give, and what you know about what you give. That is suspicious.

You did speak up and specifically say "I give out hammers." on D2, but you didn't say anything to correct or contradict ljtrigirl suggesting she couldn't use it or had to combine it with something. You also haven't said one way or another whether you are claiming it is more than one part. Do you claim that your role specifies giving out different parts? Just "materials"?

When you targeted someone at night, did you expect them to be able to use a RoleBlock the next night, or not? Are you claiming your role PM was unclear about this somehow? Are you further claiming that you didn't bother to seek clarification about it?

ljtrigirl and I are contradicting, and I note that you are not clearing it up with your response. You said:

Mithross posted:

BUT YOU ALSO SAID EARLIER

Mithross posted:

It's possible he was given stuff in the night, as a confirmed town. I know I tried to. In fact, I'm pretty sure I know what the hammer is.

Mithross posted:

My role works the same, although I give out the hammers.

Mithross posted:

I think you're lying or hiding something, and I also think your "breadcrumb" makes no sense. And you're a lurker.

Preview edit:

Mithross posted:

You claim I'm not being truthful, but then when you quote me, you quote the post where I say something wasn't right and I was confused by it, and agree that something isn't right.
Just saying that you're contradicting yourself and that your story doesn't add up, doesn't excuse the fact that your story does not add up.

So if you agree something isn't right, what's your explanation? What alignment-based conclusions does this "confusion" suggest to you?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I gave kashuno a roleblock set, and then he died and dropped a hammer. I assumed that the roleblock I gave was simplified to hammer for the thread. Until today, when ljtrigirl said you needed boards with the hammer, I continued to assume that. The flavor I received when giving out items talked specifically about giving boards and nails, and I see now my assumption was wrong.

To be as clear as possible: I give out boards and nails, but I thought it included other carpentry supplies, and was simplified as hammer for the thread to pick up. I see today I was wrong, I just give out the supplies. My pm does say that I give out a one shot roleblock though. It doesn't say anything about my target needing a tool to use that roleblock.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

As for being a lurker, I was at PAX. Let's see you go to a four day con full of everything you enjoy in life, then play mafia instead. I'm sorry my mafia game suffered, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

How does my breadcrumb not make sense? Should I have come right out and said "I'm targeting Keane with this thing I found!" That is not a good plan with a busdriver. The coin was magickal, and I asked him about magick in a nonsensical way. Had diqnol not flipped, I admit I would have had no real way to show it as a breadcrumb, that is true. I got lucky there.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Mithross posted:

As for being a lurker, I was at PAX. Let's see you go to a four day con full of everything you enjoy in life, then play mafia instead. I'm sorry my mafia game suffered, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Its called replacing out

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mithross posted:

itt mithross admits to loving germs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

HiipFire posted:

Its called replacing out

It was four days in a much longer game. I managed a couple posts, I did my night actions. I even found scum. By luck, yes, but I found scum.

• Locked thread