Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

AbstractNapper posted:

I have the Deus Ex: HR and The missing link as separate purchases/ entries on my Steam library.

If I understand this right, the Director's Cut replaces those two - and the above titles are actually no longer available on the store. But people in the reviews section for the Director's Cut offer really negative opinions about that one (something about it being an old buggy build with performance issues and bad pacing due to including The Missing Link DLC)

So, is this a consensus here as well? Also, anyone knows whether it will replace the original game I have in my library, if I activate the key for the Director's Cut from the Humble Bundle ?
Director's Cut is its own game and doesn't replace Vanilla HR and Missing Link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

AbstractNapper posted:

I have the Deus Ex: HR and The missing link as separate purchases/ entries on my Steam library.

If I understand this right, the Director's Cut replaces those two - and the above titles are actually no longer available on the store. But people in the reviews section for the Director's Cut offer really negative opinions about that one (something about it being an old buggy build with performance issues and bad pacing due to including The Missing Link DLC)

So, is this a consensus here as well? Also, anyone knows whether it will replace the original game I have in my library, if I activate the key for the Director's Cut from the Humble Bundle ?

I have all three. It will not replace the ones in your library. When it was said that the Director's Cut replaces the original, it was meant that DC replaces the original on the store, hence the reason you can't find the original on the store anymore.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Ok,. got it. Thanks for the replies. (and I can confirm that this is indeed the case; all three items are now in my library)

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Since the latest Square Enix bundle has gone live, the Kane & Lynch series, Startopia, and Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light have all been added to the BTA tier.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

Free copy of Guardian of Light, for anyone interested, although the game's more fun with a friend.

Sorry, all gone.

Mira fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 24, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mira posted:

Free copy of Guardian of Light, for anyone interested, although the game's more fun with a friend.

Looks like someone took it without bothering to say anything.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Der Shovel posted:

Looks like someone took it without bothering to say anything.

Dick move

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I assume they are all only the base game only?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

macnbc posted:

Since the latest Square Enix bundle has gone live, the Kane & Lynch series, Startopia, and Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light have all been added to the BTA tier.

Wasn't Guardian of Light in the last squeenix bundle?

Hell, Kane & Lynch 2 was in the last one as well so even though they put the first game there this time as well that's two repeats.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Fairly decent ea/origin bundle right now.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Humble Origin Bundle 2:

Dragon Age™ II
Peggle™
Dead Space™ 2
Command & Conquer™ Generals + Zero Hour
Medal of Honor Allied Assault™ War Chest
Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare
Bejeweled™ 3
Mass Effect™ 2

CAVEAT: You get only 1 Origin key. For me it added a second copy of Peggle and Bejeweled (these were already on the house at some point) not for Dragon Age origins though?!

You additionally get individual Steam keys for:
Dragon Age™: Origins
Dead Space™ 2
Bejeweled™ 3
Mass Effect™ 2

ADDITIONAL GAMES NOW IN:

SimCity 2000™

WING COMMANDER 3™: HEART OF THE TIGER WING COMMANDER 3™: HEART OF THE TIGER

WING COMMANDER™ IV: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM WING COMMANDER™ IV: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM

Ultima VII The Complete Edition Ultima VII The Complete Edition

Hopper fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 21, 2015

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
extra steam keys:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=nrpKBcXMWAcsM4mr dragon age origins

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ubaFZmvfZu7M8PtK dead space 2

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=dm8W8cwyKCBN4H7v bejewled 3

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=p4qSkqFNM52khDuZ mass effect 2

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Thanks!

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Got this one, thanks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dragon Age was lurked, so thanks on their behalf.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dragon Age was lurked, so thanks on their behalf.

Super late to this but if you want my steam code for DA:O drop me a steam message - http://steamcommunity.com/id/X_ThePerfect/

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
The Might and Magic bundle looks pretty awesome, I don't have any of the new HoMM's nor Dark Crusader. I actually paid the full price because I wanted to check out the Homm3 HD Remake. drat, I should have read reviews first, this is one of the worst products I have ever paid money for. I am speechless. How can a company seriously demand real money for something that freetime modders have done a thousand times better, ten years ago? And they didn't even include the add-ons, I can't, was that product released on April 1st? Well maybe the other games are fun and at least some of the money goes to charity.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

What's weird about the Might and Magic bundle is half the games seem to be exclusive to uPlay while the other half are exclusive to Steam. It's not that a handful are uPlay exclusives with Steam support where it is available, you need to switch between both if you want to experience the entire library available.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Luckily each one will suck up about 300 hours of your life so the need to switch quickly will not likely arise.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
A reminder that the Might and Magic bundle is ending in just a few hours!

I personally got the top tier mostly for HoMM III HD (yes I know its lovely, but I want the steamworks multiplayer to play it with my SO while I'm away). Everything else was just a nice bonus since Heroes 3 HD would have been $15 on Steam anyways and I havent played Dark Messiah or HoMM 5 and 6.

Also, if you hate Ubisoft's guts like me just give all the money to charity since this time they're the big boys like Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders (I gave $14 to charity and $1 for a tip to Humble).

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 12, 2015

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
New Humble Bundle that's all.... games for Nintendo? 3DS and WiiU only.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

America-only to boot.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

This however is interesting in that it opens up the possibility for the same happening on other consoles someday.

With the 360 and PS3 being effectively last gen consoles note, there should be no issue in selling off some games cheap.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
my Humble Weekly Bundle For Lovers physical reward came in

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
What. The. gently caress. Is that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
New Humble Tom Clancy Bundle. 10$ tier might be interesting as you get all(?) Splinter Cell games + Vegas 1&2

1$:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3 Gold (Raven Shield / Athena Sword)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory®
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege - Multiplayer Beta

BTA (crrently 8.08$):
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®

10$:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™

75$:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege Pre-order
Exclusive Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege T-shirt
66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles in the Humble Store coupon (excludes pre-orders)

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
But heads up: they all activate on motherfucking uplay. If i'd realised this before I probably wouldn't have bought this bundle. Still, good value, Blacklist is a cool game and the Vegas games are decent shooters!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
How many keys do they give you? Is it one UPLAY key per game, or per tier or what?

I'm asking to see if I can split up the BTA tier and the $10 tier

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Samopsa posted:

But heads up: they all activate on motherfucking uplay. If i'd realised this before I probably wouldn't have bought this bundle. Still, good value, Blacklist is a cool game and the Vegas games are decent shooters!
You'll have to deal with UPlay if you want to play Blacklist on PC regardless.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Accordion Man posted:

You'll have to deal with UPlay if you want to play Blacklist on PC regardless.

Yeah, even if you buy an Ubisoft title directly from Steam, launching it just launches uPlay, which launches the game.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Has anyone had issues launching Rainbow Six on Uplay? It worked fine on my laptop but for whatever reason it doesn't launch on my desktop. It shows up in my background processes but I can't seem to do anything with it. I tried re-downloading and re-installing the fucker but it still doesn't launch.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Medieval II: Total War Medieval II: Total War Collection

Viking: Battle for Asgard Viking: Battle for Asgard

Shogun: Total War Collection Shogun: Total War Collection

Total War: ROME Original Soundtrack Total War: ROME Original Soundtrack

Total War: ARENA Beta Access Key Total War: ARENA
Beta Access Key
Exclusive Humble Warrior Greek Shield and Commander Leonidas Bust 3D Printer File
Exclusive Total War: WARHAMMER Illustrated Campaign Map Exclusive
Total War: WARHAMMER Illustrated Campaign Map
Total War Battles: KINGDOM – Exclusive Humble Banner Heraldry & $10 of gold for your kingdom Total War Battles: KINGDOM Exclusive Humble Banner Heraldry & 1000 in-game gold ($10 value)
Total War eBooks Total War eBooks

Pay more than the average of $8.63 to unlock!
New bundle- Rome total war 2 isn't complete suck anymore is it?

MEDIEVAL: Total War Collection MEDIEVAL: Total War Collection

Empire: Total War Collection Empire:
Total War Collection
Redeem for Linux
Total War: ARENA – $10 of Gold for your war chest Total War: ARENA 18,000 in-game gold ($10 value)
Humble Store 66% off Total War: ATTILA coupon Humble Store 66% off Total War: ATTILA coupon
More games coming soon! More games coming soon!

Pay $15 or more to unlock!

Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition

Total War: ROME II - Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack Total War: ROME II Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul Campaign Pack Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul Campaign Pack

Total War: ROME II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack Total War: ROME II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack

Total War: ROME II - Pirates and Raiders Culture Pack Total War: ROME II Pirates and Raiders Culture Pack

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
(crosspost from VG deals thread)

Humble Indie Bundle 15!

Pay What You Want:
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut
Goodbye Deponia
66% off Humble Store Coupon for Planetary Annihilation: TITANS

Beat The Average:
Skullgirls
Planetary Annihilation
Xenonauts
More games coming soon!

Pay $10 or more to unlock!
Gang Beasts (Early Access)

Pay $25 or more to unlock!
HIB Beast (vinyl figure)

Pay $70 or more to unlock!
A set of 7 HIB Beasts (vinyl figure)

(IDK what gang beasts is so I just payed $6.50)

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
So Humble Bundle just announced they're going to start a monthly subscription bundle.

From the description it basically sounds like XBox Live Games for Gold or Playstation Plus, but for PC games.

For $12/month you get 4-6 games. IGN promises they'll break down like this:

quote:

1 "hot title" game that's less than a year old
1 "highly-acclaimed" game that's one to two years old.
1-2 hit indie games
1-2 "hidden gems" from developers

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

macnbc posted:

So Humble Bundle just announced they're going to start a monthly subscription bundle.

From the description it basically sounds like XBox Live Games for Gold or Playstation Plus, but for PC games.

For $12/month you get 4-6 games. IGN promises they'll break down like this:

I might bite for this just because it starts the show by throwing in a copy of Legend of Grimrock 2. I wish they would at least preview the full contents of November's bundle, though.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Or you could just follow Not_Log's posts in the Video Game Deals thread and still save money.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

deadly_pudding posted:

I might bite for this just because it starts the show by throwing in a copy of Legend of Grimrock 2. I wish they would at least preview the full contents of November's bundle, though.

poo poo, I just bought LoG2...

I can't do it. I want to but I can't. I've got such a backlog of HB games I can't justify buying more blindly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I personally wouldn't buy it but I can see how it's genius.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm going to try it out and see just how many of them are games that I don't actually have yet. I'm betting maybe one or two per bundle, if even that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What's the advantage. Regular Bundles will still be a thing right?

• Locked thread