Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jivjov posted:

Now that it's explicit that nothing else will be added, everyone is trying to get in to redeem their stars. Same thing happened when the final batch of rewards went up on the U.S. Club.

Just when I managed to scrounge up 3000 stars :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I know it's completely useless, but I really like that coin. :v:

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Just ordered the coin. I have no idea why it's something that I want. I think the Mario Kart trophies are probably the best thing on the stars catalogue at the moment.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Got the Ending themes cd :toot: Should I be worried I still haven't received my mario kart 8 cd after over a month?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I've always regretted not collecting the Nintendo reward codes when I used to work at blockbuster back in the day. Most people don't redeem them so some of my coworkers used to go through the games traded in and take them out just to redeem tat and put it on ebay. Some of the statues they got went for quite a lot.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm annoyed that linking my NNID gave me just enough stars to "buy" some desktop wallpaper or fuckin' Alleyway or something but not enough to buy Wario Land or some other non-garbage prize.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm annoyed that they waited until Club Nintendo was shutting down to put something up that wasn't dumb phone wallpapers, ringtones or other useless crap. I never bothered redeeming a lot of codes, and when I went to redeem them in recent months a bunch had expired.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They've had a ton of digital games up there for a while now but yeah I know what you mean.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

People are complaining about NoE adding stuff when they sent out an email in May saying they were going to do that.

The prices and the Stars expiring is total bullshit though.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm annoyed that linking my NNID gave me just enough stars to "buy" some desktop wallpaper or fuckin' Alleyway or something but not enough to buy Wario Land or some other non-garbage prize.

You can get a 3DS theme.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sodium Chloride posted:

People are complaining about NoE adding stuff
That's not what we're complaining about. It's great that they're adding stuff, we're just wondering why they waited until now to do it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

irlZaphod posted:

That's not what we're complaining about. It's great that they're adding stuff, we're just wondering why they waited until now to do it.
Because very few can redeem it now.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

It's the last month and if they weren't going to keep adding items then we would be asking why did they bother keeping it open.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm glad it's the last item because I'm tired of seeing all this poo poo that NA never got a chance to get and their program going on for several months after ours stopped. :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA, you're probably getting Mario Golf 64 on the Wii U VC tomorrow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 3):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Runbow - €13.99 / £10.99 or €11.89/£9.34 if you downloaded the Nindies@Home demo
    Gunman Clive HD Collection - €3.99 / £3.59
    Zombie Defense - €7.99 / £7.19
b]WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE[/b]
    Sin & Punishment - €9.99 / £8.99
    StarTropics - €4.99 / £4.49
    Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II - €4.99 / £4.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Rayman Legends (Wii U) - €11.99 / £9.49 until September 10
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until September 17
    99moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until September 17
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 17
    Nevr Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £8.59 until September 17

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Little Battlers eXperience - €39.99 / £34.99 (September 4)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Proun+ - €3.99 / £2.39 (permanent price reduction)
    Proun+ (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Senran Kagura 2: Waist-Deep - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Ryman Origins (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until September 10
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until September 17
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS) - €5.20 / £4.70 until September 24
    Witch & Hero (3DS) - €1.99 / £1.69 until September 24
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of September 3):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Gunman Clive HD Collection - $3.99
    Gravblocks+ - $3.49 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Golf (N64) - $9.99
    VS. Excitebike (FDS) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Tailfin (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until September 8
    Land It Rocket (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until September 17
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - $9.99 until September 17
    KEYTARI: 8-Bit Music Maker (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until September 18
    Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) - $3.99 until September 30

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - $29.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Proun+ - $4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Proun+ - (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS) - $29.99 until September 7
    Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS) - $29.99 until September 7
    Senran Kagura Burst (3DS eShop) - $19.99 until September 15
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until September 24
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - $5.20 until September 24
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until September 24

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Thoughtful atheist PC gamers everywhere, pour one out for Gunman Clive HD Collection, another promising game ruined by SJW subterfuge:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thoughtful atheist PC gamers everywhere, pour one out for Gunman Clive HD Collection, another promising game ruined by SJW subterfuge:

I don't get it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dude put a gay cowboy ending in his game and the worst people in the world are going to cry about it.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hey, someone sell me on Persona Q. I like roguelikes, I like Persona 4, will I like this game?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not a roguelike.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

wall monitor posted:

Hey, someone sell me on Persona Q. I like roguelikes, I like Persona 4, will I like this game?

It's like Persona, but all of the characters are written down to their most basic traits (Teddie is a massive perv 100% of the time, Akihiko can't shut up about protein and training, etc). It's also like Etrian Odyssey, except the FOE puzzles are really bad and the game balance is totally hosed because even deep into the fourth dungeon (out of five), enemies are still weak to one or the other form of instant death.

(Buy Persona 4 Golden or Etrian Odyssey 4 instead)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

wall monitor posted:

It's Etrian Odyssey-lite with Persona 3 and 4 characters. You may like it. You may not.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dude put a gay cowboy ending in his game and the worst people in the world are going to cry about it.

I'm not really sure if anyone is invested enough in the gunman clive universe for that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not really sure if anyone is invested enough in the gunman clive universe for that

Yeah I was about to say

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Okay so Persona Q consensus is mixed at best.

How about Etrian Mystery Dungeon?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

You're crying about people you just made up crying about it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If be surprised if anyone were invested enough in a Gunman Clive game to actually finish one.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

greatn posted:

If be surprised if anyone were invested enough in a Gunman Clive game to actually finish one.

Yeah cool that he did that, but no one gives a gently caress about Gunman Clive in the first place

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If you're disturbed by that then you are probably scandalised by old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I don't get the hate - I played GC #1 and it was fine. Neither great nor bad, but people seem to really enjoy slagging it off here.

I also recall really not liking Mario Golf on the 64, but I adored Toadstool Tour on the GC, unlocked everything there was to unlock (loving par-3 challenge) and still have the game and save to this day. Mario Golf for the 3DS is even better... with an even more bollox-busting par 3 challenge if the word about the 'Net can be believed.

Also, EuroGoons, if you don't have Rayman Legends already, get it for that price. Origins was great (I have it on 3 platforms), Legends was superb (2). Apparently neither one sold up to Ubisoft's (probably unrealistic) expectations, so we will probably never see another one. I kind of hold up these two Rayman games as proof that just because a game is good doesn't meant it is profitable (enough).

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't get the hate - I played GC #1 and it was fine. Neither great nor bad, but people seem to really enjoy slagging it off here.

It's not terrible or anything, it's just so generic and uninteresting, there is basically no reason to ever play it when you could just play Metal Slug forever instead.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Hakkesshu posted:

It's not terrible or anything, it's just so generic and uninteresting, there is basically no reason to ever play it when you could just play Metal Slug forever instead.

I :love: generic then, especially medications.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Well you clearly don't love it enough to have played the sequel, like, I suspect, everyone else on the planet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It always looked like bad sunset riders to me

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Gunman Clive is cool it has a duck mode and was only $2.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wall monitor posted:

no

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

wall monitor posted:

Okay so Persona Q consensus is mixed at best.

How about Etrian Mystery Dungeon?

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a roguelike, at least. Consensus, once again, is mixed. Not even joking: you might wanna wait for the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, because it seems like they are pulling out the stops.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wow I received Fullblox for free, is this a thing Nintendo did?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Gunman Clive is cool it has a duck mode and was only $2.

I got it in the humble bundle and it has a duck mode, so I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

Wow I received Fullblox for free, is this a thing Nintendo did?

No you just got the entry level stuff in the hope you'll buy all the rest of it, it's just a marketing tactic.