Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

14 INCH DICK posted:

Look at this guy farting directly into he own mouth

I take it you don't like Smarties, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

If you've got a lot of tabs open in Chrome and you want to click-drag a couple of them into a separate window, you can ctrl-click multiple tabs and drag them off all at once. :aaa: That's the last place I would have expected that to work.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

I take it you don't like Smarties, then?

I like the right kind of them, the Little pressed sugar rounds of crack cocaine and unicorn dreams :colbert:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

So I finally got new tires for the 30k 97 Ram today. General Grabber AT2s because they have sweet looking treads and outlined white letters and were cheap as hell. I have a tire rack outlet near me so I order them this morning, blast over and pick them up and blast over to the place to get them put on. Im waiting all afternoon and Im stoked to get it back and wash the truck with my crispy new tires when I get home. I go to pick it up and pull up to see that they put the loving blackwalls on the outside. loving goddamn turd huffers, I told them I wanted the white letters on the outside. Now I have to go back tomorrow and get them swapped and waste more of my time. This is the same place that left half the bolts loose on my Subarus suspension when I got new bushings put in the trailing arms. So loving mad.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Taking Pink Slips all day son.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MustardFacial posted:

God, that game had the best soundtrack. I also love how changing the muffler actually changed how the car sounded. Little touches :allears:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I'll get you one day you bastard

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What game is that?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I miss the days of light red skin tone games.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Street rod. I posted a browser playable version of it a few pages ago. Be warned though, this game has no mouse support

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mariooncrack posted:

What game is that?

Street Rod https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Rod_(video_game)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fart Pipe posted:

So I finally got new tires for the 30k 97 Ram today. General Grabber AT2s because they have sweet looking treads and outlined white letters and were cheap as hell. I have a tire rack outlet near me so I order them this morning, blast over and pick them up and blast over to the place to get them put on. Im waiting all afternoon and Im stoked to get it back and wash the truck with my crispy new tires when I get home. I go to pick it up and pull up to see that they put the loving blackwalls on the outside. loving goddamn turd huffers, I told them I wanted the white letters on the outside. Now I have to go back tomorrow and get them swapped and waste more of my time. This is the same place that left half the bolts loose on my Subarus suspension when I got new bushings put in the trailing arms. So loving mad.

Jesus man I'd drive to the next town over rather than give them more money at that point. gently caress that.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

There was a bug of some sort in Street Rod II, where if you bought a car for between $1050 - $1150 right off the bat, turned around and resold, refused the first two offers but accepted the third, it would give you like $30k. Then you could buy all the badass parts for the badass cars without racing a shitload first.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rndmnmbr posted:

There was a bug of some sort in Street Rod II, where if you bought a car for between $1050 - $1150 right off the bat, turned around and resold, refused the first two offers but accepted the third, it would give you like $30k. Then you could buy all the badass parts for the badass cars without racing a shitload first.

Wish I could do that irl.

Oh wait, I could just import old lovely GTRs!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress YOU ORIGINAL PARTS

the loving bracket was threaded on one side. Unlike the bracket on the JY Civic. Ended up flipping the grinder guard around and chopped the fucker out. This alt was not identical to the one I pulled and now it's giving me an error code long-long-short

quote:

21*
Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 ** 92-95 n/a n/a 93-95 n/a 93-95 VTEC Solenoid Valve
defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve
* not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine
** not with V-6 engine

So gonna pull the vtec solenoid and clean it and see what happens. On the plus side I have two guys chomping at the bit to buy the car so I should be rid of it shortly now that it's running again.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

MustardFacial posted:

gently caress yeah, it's been ages but I remember the first two steps after buying a car; hack off the muffler and chop the roof!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wooot! The original dude still wants the car! He's coming over Sunday!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Rhyno posted:

Wooot! The original dude still wants the car! He's coming over Sunday!

Check or redo the engine ground and reset ecu

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh my god.

My wife forgot to clean the cat poo poo houses last night. So she's standing there talking to me a few minutes ago, and one of the cats walks into her line of sight, about five feet away.

He turns, stared at her, and then drops a massive loving deuce. Like human sized. He glares, twitches his tail, then walks away still staring at her.

I'm loving dying.

Edit: she's cleaning them now, he's following her and making a loud rear end scratchy meow noise every time she talks. I'm light headed and crying.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 4, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mafoose posted:

Check or redo the engine ground and reset ecu

Cleaned up the ground, reset the ECU, CEL came back. Long Long Short.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sorry IoC. Megapost, since I haven't been on a PC since yesterday, and I figure it's rude to post 10 replies in a row instead of one long megapost.

So I got 8 new fish yesterday - 5 tetras, 3 corydora catfish. Apparently I've forgotten a lot about aquariums, and really should have tested the water first. I did a megacleaning of the tank - removed all of the algae buildup on the glass, did a vacuum of the gravel, and a ~25% water change. After a few hours of the new fish being in the tank, I found one of the corys stuck to the filter inlet. Thought it was dead, unplugged the filter to free him so I could get him out, and nope, he just wandered too close to it, and hauled rear end back to the gravel once nudged (I've ordered an intake sponge to eliminate the chance of this happening again).

Woke up today. Another cory is stuck to the inlet, and not looking good. Unplug the filter. Still stuck. Bump the filter, he floats up to the top upside down. Touch him a few times with the net. Yup, he's dead. Got a viking funeral.

Got home from work. See one of the two remaining corys still swimming around. Wonder where the other was. I knew the water quality was still iffy, so I start to do another 25% change. As soon as I bump some of the decor, the missing cory floats to the top belly up. Damnit.

One is left. I fully expect him to be floating in the morning. :sigh: There's actually a warranty on them, but I would get the new fish the same day, and it's obviously something with the tank - I don't want to kill more of them until I figure out what's going on. Did another ~25% change today, but I'm pretty sure removing all of the algae threw the whole tank off. So did adding 8 fish to an established tank that was down to 2 living fish (found the remains of a dead one a few days ago). So it's probably going through a cycle (since I removed all the algae, and washed a lot of the decor to get rid of algae), and I just need to buy a good test kit and figure out what's going on. I've neglected the tank badly for well over a year, so I really shouldn't be surprised. It didn't even have working lighting for over a month.

The tetras are doing great, at least. I know corys are a bit more sensitive to water quality.

And my boss totaling his car... his insurance gave him a lot more than it was worth - he's even surprised how much he got for it (slipping transmission, a/c was barely working, high mileage base model Kia Rio that had a/c, radio, and automatic as its only options, etc). His credit is better than mine was when I bought my car, but the best loan Carmax (the same location I got my car from) could get him was ... 25% APR, and only if he put $7000 down. :stonklol: That's worse than a buy here pay here lot (but would actually get him a recent car that hasn't been repo'd 20 times). I bought my car from the same lot almost 3 years ago, and they financed me in-house at 13.55% (which still sucks, but again, my credit was terrible), and the rate stayed the same with $0 down or $1500 down (I originally wanted to do $2000 down, including trade - they actually talked me into doing $1500 down and using the rest to pay a couple of months on my car insurance and set aside a bit for food; the salesman knew the $2k [including my trade] was every penny I had).

A local Kia dealer advertises that their cars start at $9995. He went to check them out. It was a Rio that didn't even have a radio, or air conditioning, and they keep exactly one of them on the lot just so they can legally advertise "We have cars starting at under $10k!". The reliability of the Kia he just totaled has also left a really bad taste in his mouth about Kia in general. Also, what the gently caress, no a/c in this part of the country?!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I went to sleep at 8PM last night and only got like 5 hours of sleep cuz of my boss' loud loving snoring. Get the hotel room to myself tonight tho so I should be able to catch some Z's.

I average about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, and wake up at least a few times to roll over (partly thanks to dog/cat visits). :colbert:

NitroSpazzz posted:

I was thinking about picking one of these up the other day. I'm mostly interested in using it to see the heart rate data during races but it may be handy for working out and tracking stuff.

Go for it, it's awesome. The Charge HR has come down in price to slightly above what I paid for my Charge (which doesn't track heart rate - I got it a bit before the HR came out). It's $135 shipped on Amazon right now; I paid $130 for my Charge (which is now ~$100). Just make sure your phone is new enough to support Bluetooth Low Energy (most Bluetooth 4.0 phones do). Even if it's not, it still has a display, and it comes with a USB dongle that will sync it to your PC.

If you have any medical issues that require carrying a medical bracelet/necklace/etc (like diabetes - i.e. me), there's a company that makes IDs that slide onto the Fitbit band as well (both Flex and Charge/Charge HR) - https://www.roadid.com. I got the interactive version of this, which lets first responders log into https://www.myroadid.com with the serial # and PIN on the tag to get your full medical history. Or, if you just want something to put on it as an ID with emergency contact info, they offer a version without the website info.

I have a stand-alone Bluetooth Low Energy heart rate monitor (... somewhere, I need to find it) that I use with Endomondo - I use it to track my HR while running/jogging. Since I'm out of shape, I keep the phone on my wrist with the display on when I'm using the HR monitor so that I can keep my heart rate in my target cardio zone.

And holy gently caress at that puppy - she's going to be massive.

CornHolio posted:

'99 F-150 4x4, $3500. My brother loved this truck. It was pretty big, 4.6L V8, Lariat. Had a locking toolbox in the back and a snap-on tonneau cover. Had a loving CB also. A/C was weak, drove bumpy but it may have been the tires. Pretty gnarly rust underneath. The frame itself wasn't bad, but out at the egde of the cab it was awful. The engine had a hole in the exhaust manifold (according to the seller) and the engine was surging at idle. Surged while we drove it too, seller said he was quoted $800 to fix. My brother liked the idea of using it for landscaping though.

Surging could be the fuel pump, IACV, or vacuum leak, or really any number of other things (I haven't worked on my stepdad's 5.4 version much). I don't know if the 4.6 was affected by the plastic manifolds cracking (and I want to say the 99 may have used a metal one? not sure), but if it had a vacuum leak causing it to surge, it would definitely have a CEL giving codes for a lean condition on at least one bank. And it would be deafeningly loud if it had a hole in an exhaust manifold.

That generation IMO drives pretty bumpy anyway; stepdad has a 2001 4x2 extended cab Lariat that I've driven now and then (usually borrow it when I have to move, also driven it trying to figure out various issues) - it's always been really loving bouncy when the bed is empty. Much bouncier than the 1992 version it replaced.

But $3500 for a rusted out 99? No. Just no. My stepdad's is valued at about that by KBB private party in "excellent" condition (I'd put it in solid "fair" condition - no rust, no major damage, but the center console cover is torn, CD changer is broken, has a small dent in the side of the bed, clearcoat is starting to peel; interior is fantastic aside from the center console - has about 130k, only issues it's had has been the fuel pump and some kind of electrical poo poo inside the transmission, he got it fixed for $300ish).

The snap on cover is nice, so is the toolbox, but he can find the same truck without mechanical issues for the same price.

ssjonizuka posted:

What's the go-to mSD card these days? the 32gb SanDisk in my current phone has been good, but I want more space for new phone.

Sandisk is my go-to for any flash storage. Flash drives, SD, microSD, etc.

I have a class 4 32gb SanDisk in my dashcam (due to reading reports of anything higher than class 4 having issues with this cheap dashcam), and a class 10 16gb SanDisk in my DSLR. Zero complaints with anything from them, and the one in the DSLR is fast enough to keep up with me shooting several 16MP photos in RAW back to back. If I shoot in JPEG I can just hold the shutter button until the card fills up (or the camera battery dies, since the card holds several thousand photos in JPG mode).

Cakefool posted:

Fitted an ariel in the attic last night, hardly str-level stuff but I got good reception on my first try so :feelsgood:

Hah. That was one of my first forays into the attic of this house, probably 15 years ago.

Since we had a shitton of blown-in insulation added years ago, once we got cable, the ariel has just been.. abandoned up there. Can't physically get to it anymore without playing "there's something solid to stand on here right?" game, and despite its massive size, it's absolute poo poo at picking up digital TV signals (the US switched off analog over the air signals years ago). I yanked the cable off of it from across the attic a few years ago and used that as a "new" cable feed when squirrels or some poo poo got into the attic and chewed up the original line. Then had to abandon that when we switched back to cable internet recently, as it was an older standard cable (RG59, I think) and my signal quality was poo poo. Tried to use it to pull new cable, but it got snagged and I didn't tape the new cable to it well enough. :doh:

One of these days, I would love to lay down flooring across most of the attic - partly to increase storage, partly so I don't have to crawl on my rear end across beams to get across the attic to run new wires. And partly so I can get that monster ariel out and take it to the metal scrapyard in town (and maybe get $5 for it, but I have a bunch of other poo poo I need to take over there too).

Fart Pipe posted:

When I got my Altima, I always thought the tires looked weird. Also thought the speedometer read kind of high. Turns out it had smaller tires on it than it should have (I also found Sentra rotors - I think - on it when I did the brakes on it - the rotors were so much smaller that a good 1/4" of the brake pads hadn't worn at all).

Took it to get new tires when those wore out. Told them "it has the wrong size tires on it now, I want <x> size on it, which is what it came with from the factory". They said no problem, they had plenty in stock, etc.

Walk out when they're done.... they put the same size tires on it that were already on it. And had also charged me for road hazard when I specifically declined it. Went back inside, said "uh... you put the wrong size tires on, and I refused road hazard, but I got charged for it". At least it was Discount Tire, so they kicked the car to the top of the queue and got the right tires on within 30 minutes, and refunded the road hazard. Still caused my account to overdraft, but once the refund came through the bank reversed the NSF fees.

Best part is they had circled the (new) tire size on the invoice several times, and whatever tech installed the tires still ignored that and assumed "okay, grabbing the same size". At least they got it fixed the same day.

iwentdoodie posted:

He turns, stared at her, and then drops a massive loving deuce. Like human sized. He glares, twitches his tail, then walks away still staring at her.

I'm loving dying.

Edit: she's cleaning them now, he's following her and making a loud rear end scratchy meow noise every time she talks. I'm light headed and crying.

Most appropriate post/username combo ever. I had a cat that would do that if the litter box wasn't PERFECTLY clean. Or if you looked at him funny. Or if I let Squeak out (he'd attack Squeak constantly, so I kept them separated until I could rehome Karma - who was indeed quite a bitch).

Rhyno posted:

Cleaned up the ground, reset the ECU, CEL came back. Long Long Short.

Did it come back immediately, or only after you wound it out high enough to hit VTEC?

If it came back immediately, the solenoid screen isn't dirty, it's a wiring issue. I think (but I'm not positive) that the ECU checks it for continuity at startup, so if you did a real reset (one that requires disconnecting the ground cable then turning on something high draw - like the headlight switch, or stepping on the brake pedal to light up the brake lights), it's a wiring issue.

But you did reset the ECU by pulling the ground cable off the battery, right? Sometimes pulling the fuse doesn't do it, particularly if there's an aftermarket stereo (the ecu memory backup and radio constant +12V share the same fuse, some aftermarket radios supposedly have caps in them to keep them from losing memory during a brief power loss - such as disconnecting a battery).

And the alternator varies between DX, LX, CX, EX/Si (Si of that gen was a hatch with the EX drivetrain and possibly power windows/locks/maybe sunroof, IIRC?), body style, options, etc etc etc etc etc. No idea why. I think there's a difference in output, since DX lacks any power options, LX has some, EX could be optioned with ABS, had a power sunroof standard, etc so it got the beefiest one. AFAIK the only difference is the way they look and the actual output, and likely share the same plug? For some reason, Honda made alternator and brake parts completely different based on trim and options on Civics (even the transmission made a difference), it always made getting the right brake parts a complete bitch for my non-ABS 96 Civic EX coupe 5 speed with air conditioning (also for the identical option 95). The 96 was an early 96 MY build, the 95 was a very late 95 MY build, and finding a new alternator for the 96 took something like 6 or 7 trips to the parts store. Enough that I finally just yanked the alternator, taped up the wires, and drove to the parts store with the alternator completely removed (sitting in the passenger seat so I could take it in and match it up). Found out how weak the battery was that day. :sigh:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 4, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
So I guess that's the scam carmax is running. 25% on a car loan, what in the gently caress. That's missed payments on a credit card rates.

I got a loan for a used car through my credit union. Wasn't hard, got a way better rate than wells fargo was offering.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

jamal posted:

So I guess that's the scam carmax is running. 25% on a car loan, what in the gently caress. That's missed payments on a credit card rates.

I got a loan for a used car through my credit union. Wasn't hard, got a way better rate than wells fargo was offering.

The 25% was actually through Wells Fargo! Carmax refuses to finance him in-house. Whereas when I bought my car from them (again, the same location), nobody would approve me, so they financed me in-house at what was a reasonable rate for someone with terrible credit, IMO (ranged from 13.05% to 13.55%, depending on the term of the loan - I was approved for $0 down, and the APR didn't change at all when changed to a $1500 down payment). I'm guessing they may only offer in-house financing if nobody else will finance you - maybe? I can actually walk into any CarMax and make a payment via cash or debit, though I always do it online.

I told him he needs to either get a loan through USAA (since he's a member), or join a credit union. One dealer told him the reason he's getting such absurd rates is because several dealers have pulled his credit (apparently his TransUnion score dropped 70 points overnight, while Equifax and Experian have only dropped a couple of points), while Carmax told him "no, that's not right; several inquiries in a short amount of time for the same type of thing - if it's car, insurance, or mortgage - are generally grouped together to affect your score as a single hard pull" (and that's what I've always been told - I had 4 or 5 hard pulls from several car dealers before I went to Carmax for my car). He's thinking USAA will lock him into only using a USAA approved dealer, I don't think they can legally do that though?

Then again, I bought a $10k car and put $1500 down, while he's trying to buy a ~$25k car and put $3500 (the payout from his Kia) down. Can't blame him for wanting an upgrade from the base model Kia he wrecked (only options were automatic, a/c, and radio), but he's looking at stuff like fully loaded 3-4 year old Maximas, and loaded pickups. He does need something in the midsize to full size range (or a quad cab pickup), since he has a family of 5 including himself, but IMO, with his credit, and what he's trying to put down on it, I honestly think he'd be better off widening his search to include domestics (and even Korean), instead of strictly fully loaded Japanese stuff or fully loaded full size pickups. His base salary is only $35k/year, plus crappy credit, so...

e: for reference, he wants something "nice", and says the Sunfire he used to have (before it got totaled by someone trying to cut across 3 lanes of traffic into a toll booth, which resulted in both cars jamming into a space wide enough for one car) was the nicest car he's ever owned. My Saturn is also the nicest car I've ever owned in terms of options and first world creature comforts, and second best in terms of comfort (the winner on that one was my 01 Accord), but it's not the most reliable car I've owned. I can't really imagine how a J-body can be the nicest car a person has ever owned, but apparently it was new enough to have the same engine I have (2.2L Ecotec), had a sunroof, etc.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 4, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

Did it come back immediately, or only after you wound it out high enough to hit VTEC?

If it came back immediately, the solenoid screen isn't dirty, it's a wiring issue. I think (but I'm not positive) that the ECU checks it for continuity at startup, so if you did a real reset (one that requires disconnecting the ground cable then turning on something high draw - like the headlight switch, or stepping on the brake pedal to light up the brake lights), it's a wiring issue.

But you did reset the ECU by pulling the ground cable off the battery, right? Sometimes pulling the fuse doesn't do it, particularly if there's an aftermarket stereo (the ecu memory backup and radio constant +12V share the same fuse, some aftermarket radios supposedly have caps in them to keep them from losing memory during a brief power loss - such as disconnecting a battery).

And the alternator varies between DX, LX, CX, EX/Si (Si of that gen was a hatch with the EX drivetrain and possibly power windows/locks/maybe sunroof, IIRC?), body style, options, etc etc etc etc etc. No idea why. I think there's a difference in output, since DX lacks any power options, LX has some, EX could be optioned with ABS, had a power sunroof standard, etc so it got the beefiest one. AFAIK the only difference is the way they look and the actual output, and likely share the same plug? For some reason, Honda made alternator and brake parts completely different based on trim and options on Civics (even the transmission made a difference), it always made getting the right brake parts a complete bitch for my non-ABS 96 Civic EX coupe 5 speed with air conditioning (also for the identical option 95). The 96 was an early 96 MY build, the 95 was a very late 95 MY build, and finding a new alternator for the 96 took something like 6 or 7 trips to the parts store. Enough that I finally just yanked the alternator, taped up the wires, and drove to the parts store with the alternator completely removed (sitting in the passenger seat so I could take it in and match it up). Found out how weak the battery was that day. :sigh:

Yeah, came back immediately. I'll check my wiring but everything looked solid. I did indeed pull the ground cable (ditto lovely aftermarket stereo).

So if the alt came out of an LX/EX it might be the issue? Because now that I think about it this probably came from non DX. However the plugs matched right up.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'd have to look at a schematic to be sure; since the only thing that has changed has been the alternator, it's possible that an alternator for a different tier could cause an issue. Unlikely, since like you said, they use the same plug, but possible. What's your voltage at idle + 2500 RPM, and what is it with the car not running (key on, but engine off)? I think the ECU itself generally handles voltage regulation on OBD1 and newer Hondas?

It's been over 10 years since I played Legos Sponsored by Honda, so I'm completely out of the loop. The last time I played Honda Legos was with my 91 Integra.

fake edit: try removing the belt, resetting the ECU. and see if you still get a code.

fake edit #2: try completely disconnecting the alternator (unplug it, remove the battery cable from it, tape the poo poo out of the battery cable so it can't short on anything) and starting it, see if you still get the code. You'll have to disconnect the battery every time you make a change like this, but it'll help narrow poo poo down.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 4, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'd have to look at a schematic to be sure; since the only thing that has changed has been the alternator, it's possible that an alternator for a different tier could cause an issue. Unlikely, since like you said, they use the same plug, but possible. What's your voltage at idle + 2500 RPM, and what is it with the car not running (key on, but engine off)?

It's been over 10 years since I played Legos Sponsored by Honda, so I'm completely out of the loop. The last time I played Honda Legos was with my 91 Integra.

poo poo I dunno, I don't even know where my voltmeter is. The alt cost me like $25 or something so I could just run over and see if they have a DX on the lot. Looks like they have a half dozen 92-95's on the lot right now.

fake edit: try removing the belt, resetting the ECU. and see if you still get a code.

fake edit #2: try completely disconnecting the alternator (unplug it, remove the battery cable from it, tape the poo poo out of the battery cable so it can't short on anything) and starting it, see if you still get the code. You'll have to disconnect the battery every time, but it'll help narrow poo poo down.

I ran the car with no alt hooked up just the other day, no code then.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Try it again - that'll tell you if you knocked something loose.

Try to dig out your voltmeter, Honda ECUs are not fans of wacky voltages.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Will do. If anything I can grab one from Harbor Freight.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I JUST SAW THE LAST SHOWING ON A MOVIE THAT WAS ONLY IN THEATERS IN SEATTLE FOR ONE loving WEEK AND IT EASILY RIVALS FURY ROAD FOR A MOVIE THAT IS PERFECT IN EVERY loving WAY AND IF ANY OF YOU CHECK YOUR CITIES FOR ANY SHOWS AND THERE HAPPENS TO BE ONE DROP YOUR loving PLANS DROP YOUR PANTS AND PREPARE TO MASTURBATE LIKE YOU'RE PEE WEE HERMAN AT A 24 HOUR ALL YOU CAN SEE BONANZA

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Apparently Oakland is the closest showing. Bummer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

Apparently Oakland is the closest showing. Bummer.

If you're anywhere between Sacramento and Gilroy it's worth the drive. Believe me, I used to live there so I can make a statement like that in all honesty.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

14 INCH DICK posted:

If you're anywhere between Sacramento and Gilroy it's worth the drive. Believe me, I used to live there so I can make a statement like that in all honesty.

Yea San Jose. I dunno, is it worth the half tank (and thus like $30 in gas) to get there?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

kastein posted:

Jesus man I'd drive to the next town over rather than give them more money at that point. gently caress that.

Lol pay for it. Its gonna be free and they should be paying me for the work Im missing. Im leaving my dash cam on too because I wasnt nice when I picked it up.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

Yea San Jose. I dunno, is it worth the half tank (and thus like $30 in gas) to get there?

I want to say yes but then between my 8 viewings and my friends tickets I bought I'm on the hook for 14 Fury Road viewings total. Get some friends to go with. It's simply incredible. It's the people who did Kung Fury, and it's like Mad Max meets Megaman done by Troma if they had good actors and a solid effects budget. Yes I'm aware of what I just said there but it's a loving beautiful unicorn, it's like we may see on the big screen once in a generation.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Happy Force Friday! Might have to get the BB8 Rolling Robot.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm really enjoying the Daredevil Netflix show. Really well done so far

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Amazon has the Nexus 6 at $349. gently caress yeah, sign me up.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

14 INCH DICK posted:

I JUST SAW THE LAST SHOWING ON A MOVIE THAT WAS ONLY IN THEATERS IN SEATTLE FOR ONE loving WEEK AND IT EASILY RIVALS FURY ROAD FOR A MOVIE THAT IS PERFECT IN EVERY loving WAY AND IF ANY OF YOU CHECK YOUR CITIES FOR ANY SHOWS AND THERE HAPPENS TO BE ONE DROP YOUR loving PLANS DROP YOUR PANTS AND PREPARE TO MASTURBATE LIKE YOU'RE PEE WEE HERMAN AT A 24 HOUR ALL YOU CAN SEE BONANZA

Gah I really want to see that but there are no UK showings

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

I'm really enjoying the Daredevil Netflix show. Really well done so far

By far the best Marvel thing so far - Also really surprised at the level of violence and how good the action is. With The Punisher in series 2, it's going to be a glorious bloodbath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MrChips posted:

It's me; I am fully dressed chips.

At least for now :mmmhmm:

d-d-Dad?! I thought you died years ago?

• Locked thread