Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Theres a VW/Audi show at Atlanta Speedway tomorrow, I'm thinking of taking the 90.

https://www.facebook.com/Treffensouthvw?__mref=message_bubble&_rdr=p

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
New :siren: HOUR LONG EPISODE :siren: of Roadkill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcyi_rGdjU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just ate some fully dressed chips. Super weird.

What about Zesty Mordant?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
In the continuing search for a vehicle for my brother, what's the deal with early 2000s XTerras, like this one?

I'm noticing Explorers of that vintage are dirt cheap, too. Like, $3k for a clean one with no rust, 4WD and everything supposedly mechanically sound, and 120k miles.

There's a 2008 Ranger right by where I work that I checked out. Only 62k miles, 4WD, supercab, very clean... but a hilariously high $14,500 price.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

some texas redneck posted:

Sandisk is my go-to for any flash storage. Flash drives, SD, microSD, etc.

I have a class 4 32gb SanDisk in my dashcam (due to reading reports of anything higher than class 4 having issues with this cheap dashcam), and a class 10 16gb SanDisk in my DSLR. Zero complaints with anything from them, and the one in the DSLR is fast enough to keep up with me shooting several 16MP photos in RAW back to back. If I shoot in JPEG I can just hold the shutter button until the card fills up (or the camera battery dies, since the card holds several thousand photos in JPG mode).

That's what I have in my s4, and it's been pretty solid, but I got impatient last night and ordered a samsung 128 before leaving work for the day. I even paid a few bucks extra to get it from amazon as opposed to another seller, so if I have issues, meh.

Thanks man.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
The new Roadkill is absolutely incredible. If they keep putting out episodes like that it'll be worth the 7 bucks a month for Motor Trend On Demand.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

scuz posted:

It must be nice to have good tools like a plasma cutter and a lift, and a transmission jack when you're building a lemons car.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

MustardFacial posted:

It must be nice to have good tools like a plasma cutter and a lift, and a transmission jack when you're building a lemons car.
I giggled a little when Freiberger was upset that someone called them "too hollywood." Sure, you buy lovely cars and fix em up, but when you have the Hot Rod magazine workshop at your disposal it's hard to feel sorry when things break. My favorite episode is still the one where they went to CTC Auto Ranch and had to get a car to a drag strip in like two days.

Noise Complaint posted:

The new Roadkill is absolutely incredible. If they keep putting out episodes like that it'll be worth the 7 bucks a month for Motor Trend On Demand.
Kinda makes up for the ~2 month gap a little bit. Still not gonna pay 7 bucks per month on a single hour of web TV cuz I don't have much interest in the other Motor Trend shows.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Waiting on the 20k service for the Escape to be done.

There's a suuuuuuper religious couple in the waiting area, the poo poo about that clerk in KY came on the TV and he started muttering about "filthy atheists" in the same manner that Draco Malfoy muttered about mudbloods.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

iwentdoodie posted:

Waiting on the 20k service for the Escape to be done.

There's a suuuuuuper religious couple in the waiting area, the poo poo about that clerk in KY came on the TV and he started muttering about "filthy atheists" in the same manner that Draco Malfoy muttered about mudbloods.

Try to slip a "hail satan" into your conversation with the service writer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't even try to slip it in simply end your conversation with it as if saying goodbye.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

14 INCH DICK posted:

I JUST SAW THE LAST SHOWING ON A MOVIE THAT WAS ONLY IN THEATERS IN SEATTLE FOR ONE loving WEEK AND IT EASILY RIVALS FURY ROAD FOR A MOVIE THAT IS PERFECT IN EVERY loving WAY AND IF ANY OF YOU CHECK YOUR CITIES FOR ANY SHOWS AND THERE HAPPENS TO BE ONE DROP YOUR loving PLANS DROP YOUR PANTS AND PREPARE TO MASTURBATE LIKE YOU'RE PEE WEE HERMAN AT A 24 HOUR ALL YOU CAN SEE BONANZA

I don't know how I did not hear about this movie sooner, but it is on Amazon Prime streamin. I know what I am watching tonight.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just watched it the other night. apple is is so awesome.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

scuz posted:

Still not gonna pay 7 bucks per month on a single hour of web TV cuz I don't have much interest in the other Motor Trend shows.

You get a LOT of live racing too, that's what swayed me. Here's the list of events from their site.

MotorTrend site posted:

Adac GT Masters
Asia Pacific Rally Championship
Audi Sport TT Cup
Australasian Safari
Australian V8 Utes
Bathurst 12 hours
Bike Road Racing UK & Ireland
Blancpain Endurance & GT Championships
BRDC Formula 4 Championship
British GT Championship
British Touring Car Championship
Canadian Superbikes
DTM ChampionshipDubai 24 Hour
European Historic Sports Cars
European Lemans Series
Ferrari Challenge
FIA F3 Championship
FIM Endurance World Challenge
FIM Freestyle World Challenge
FIM Motocross World Championship
FIM Superenduro Championship
FIM Trial World Championship
Goodwood Festival of Speed
GT Asia
Lamborghini TrofeoMaserati Trofeo
Monaco Historic Grand Prix
MotoAmerica
New Zealand Rally Championship
North American Endurocross
Nurburgring 24 Hour
Pirelli World Challenge
Porsche Carrera Cup
SKUSA - Superkarts USA
TCR Asia Series
TCR Series
Toyota Racing Series
V8 Supercars Championship

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

I just watched it the other night. apple is is so awesome.

Not gonna lie, would.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

scuz posted:

I giggled a little when Freiberger was upset that someone called them "too hollywood." Sure, you buy lovely cars and fix em up, but when you have the Hot Rod magazine workshop at your disposal it's hard to feel sorry when things break. My favorite episode is still the one where they went to CTC Auto Ranch and had to get a car to a drag strip in like two days.

Yeah, I love roadkill and everything but you can't really complain about being called "hollywood" when the show you're on is the main sponsor of the race, and just about everything at your disposal is free.

Tech inspector: Realistically, how much did you spend on the car?
Roadkill: We bought the car for $500, sold the engine and tranny for $400, and then spent 30 grand. :v:

My favourite episode is still when they did the el camino engine swap in the summit parking lot.

iwentdoodie posted:

Start singing the song from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku497rURF8

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

14 INCH DICK posted:

Don't even try to slip it in simply end your conversation with it as if saying goodbye.

This is basically what I was aiming for, yeah

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

This Mad Max game is SO GOOD. Just got the cotton candy paintjob!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

meatpimp posted:

Amazon has the Nexus 6 at $349. gently caress yeah, sign me up.

Hmm...
I know it's on it's way out, but man, for that price, is it worth it?
It's pretty much compatible with every carrier right?

I'm just afraid the new N5 is going to be poo poo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It'll still be a fine phone for another year or two. Google is giving 6.0 to the nexus 4 so you should still get updates for awhile. I MO it's too big. I don't think there are any car mounts that out fits in and I don't think it'll be too comfortable for it to sit in my pocket while sitting.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

mariooncrack posted:

It'll still be a fine phone for another year or two. Google is giving 6.0 to the nexus 4 so you should still get updates for awhile. I MO it's too big. I don't think there are any car mounts that out fits in and I don't think it'll be too comfortable for it to sit in my pocket while sitting.

It fits fine in my pocket when sitting, but if I'm wearing the right shorts while driving it sometimes falls out based on the angle my leg is at in the mini. Haven't found a mount it fits in.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

14 INCH DICK posted:

"Hey man, thanks. Have a good one. Hail Satan."

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mafoose posted:

Hmm...
I know it's on it's way out, but man, for that price, is it worth it?
It's pretty much compatible with every carrier right?

I'm just afraid the new N5 is going to be poo poo.

It's on its way out, but the N5 has been gone for 2 years and is still a viable phone. I tried the Zenfone 2 last month and, spec-for-spec, it seemed to be comparable to the N5... but in person it felt cheap and flimsy. Plus I didn't like the stock Asus OS implementation. I realized I am spoiled by the high-quality, feature-packed Nexus line... but I did like the larger size.

I was going to wait for the N5x/whatever replaces the N6, but with the N5x coming out with only a 5.2" screen and a price point of $400, this N6 deal for $350 is too good to pass up. Google has historically blown out its old models just before the new ones come out.

The new N6 could be interesting, but it's from a manufacturer much less known in the US, plus it's price point will be higher yet than the 5x.

With all of that, I grabbed an N6 from Amazon with delivery tomorrow... unfortunately, I don't have a nano-SIM to plug in. :smith:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

meatpimp posted:

It's on its way out, but the N5 has been gone for 2 years and is still a viable phone. I tried the Zenfone 2 last month and, spec-for-spec, it seemed to be comparable to the N5... but in person it felt cheap and flimsy. Plus I didn't like the stock Asus OS implementation. I realized I am spoiled by the high-quality, feature-packed Nexus line... but I did like the larger size.

I was going to wait for the N5x/whatever replaces the N6, but with the N5x coming out with only a 5.2" screen and a price point of $400, this N6 deal for $350 is too good to pass up. Google has historically blown out its old models just before the new ones come out.

The new N6 could be interesting, but it's from a manufacturer much less known in the US, plus it's price point will be higher yet than the 5x.

With all of that, I grabbed an N6 from Amazon with delivery tomorrow... unfortunately, I don't have a nano-SIM to plug in. :smith:

You can cut a regular SIM down to nano SIM size.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

drat, I forgot about that... I've got a cutter for regular-to-micro... I should have just grabbed a cutter for micro-to-nano. I'll try cutting mine down, though. Thanks for the reminder!

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Hey, phone chat. Is there something like the new moto g that will work on verizon? Looking to spend like $200. So far the best I can come up with is a used 2nd gen moto x. Was happy with my 1st gen x until I broke it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Religious people left in a shuttle before I could say anything.

That said, I love warranties. 20k service for free, and tire with a nail in it being replaced gratis.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Terrible Robot posted:

Try to slip a "hail satan" into your conversation with the service writer.
Kingsman "Catholic whore" monologue.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

wallaka posted:

This Mad Max game is SO GOOD. Just got the cotton candy paintjob!

There's a SweetFX preset in the OP of the Mad Max thread in Games that makes it look a lot more like Fury Road in terms of visual style, if that's your thing:

Honestly the game looks fantastic as-is, I just really like the hyper vibrant look it has now with the SweetFX stuff. It's glorious at sunset and when you've got a ton of explosions at night.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I personally am still using my N5; I say if I can't swipe across the entire width of my phone with my thumb while holding it, it's too big. That rules out the N6, and in fact the OnePlus One I got for work is too large. I'm waiting to see what the new N5 is going to look like.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I got the LG G4, because it was the only new phone Sprint had that had both a replaceable battery and MicroSD

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I'm still on the sideline for the Mad Max game having shelled out for MGS V and I doubt I'll be playing anything else anytime soon (I'll never get tired of extracting things via the balloon) but I've been told it's being sold cheap here as part of a paypal deal

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

I got the LG G4, because it was the only new phone Sprint had that had both a replaceable battery and MicroSD
The G2 is what I have and I love it. Whenever I try to use someone else's phone, though, I get confused with the buttons on the sides :ohdear:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

scuz posted:

The G2 is what I have and I love it. Whenever I try to use someone else's phone, though, I get confused with the buttons on the sides :ohdear:

I thought the buttons on the back would be weird.

I like it!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Broke S5, bought N5. Best drunk rage quit I've ever done.

Speaking of which, its 3:30 on labor day friday. gently caress this, I'm leaving the office and heading out to the lake to sail. Happy long weekend, goons!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
My busted up N4 is still going (mostly) strong. My contract is up for renewal next month and I don't know what phone to get, been thinking S6 but also gently caress Samsung. Let's hope the N5x is good.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

jamal posted:

Hey, phone chat. Is there something like the new moto g that will work on verizon? Looking to spend like $200. So far the best I can come up with is a used 2nd gen moto x. Was happy with my 1st gen x until I broke it.

2nd Gen moto g?

You might be able to snag LG g2 or g3 in that price point. I think they're both relatively close to stock Android. If you're comfortable doing it, I think htc m8s are cheap and you can convert it to stock Android. Not exactly for the faint of heart though.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

mariooncrack posted:

2nd Gen moto g?

You might be able to snag LG g2 or g3 in that price point. I think they're both relatively close to stock Android. If you're comfortable doing it, I think htc m8s are cheap and you can convert it to stock Android. Not exactly for the faint of heart though.
The G3 is way closer to stock than the G2, but if your carrier deployed the Lollipop update they're both pretty similar. The G3 handles the Lollipop version much better, imho.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

scuz posted:

Episode delivered.

Re: Nexus 6 at $350, I'm drat happy with mine and I paid twice that about six months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

freelop posted:

I'm still on the sideline for the Mad Max game having shelled out for MGS V and I doubt I'll be playing anything else anytime soon (I'll never get tired of extracting things via the balloon) but I've been told it's being sold cheap here as part of a paypal deal

I put Mad Max aside for now because holy poo poo Fultoning things will never get old.

• Locked thread