Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Taffer is your server down or is it on my end? I see it come up intermittently with people on but then I connect or refresh and it's gone again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Taffer is your server down or is it on my end? I see it come up intermittently with people on but then I connect or refresh and it's gone again :(

Try it again now

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Get back on and give us that damned thaum scanner back :argh:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Hey, i just downloaded this but i cant get it to work, it says i only have 1GB of ram, but i have 8. anyone know the deal with this?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Hey, i just downloaded this but i cant get it to work, it says i only have 1GB of ram, but i have 8. anyone know the deal with this?

Get 64 bit java.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

SugarAddict posted:

Get 64 bit java.

That did it, thanks.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I slept (way) past the server starting apparently, is there still room? Added you on steam/poked you on #progress.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 5, 2015

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Okay so recently I have been noticing that my lunchbox was not filling me up very much and finding out that it was full of random morsels instead of the meals I put in there. It turns out that if you right click on a chest with food in it with an open lunchbox in your hand, your lunchbox will automatically fill up with any food in that chest. That could be useful for filling up a chest with good food to quickly stock up.

However, for some reason when the lunchbox already has food in it, doing this will swap out the food that's in there with seemingly random food from the chest. So when you're done making food and go to put ingredients back into your ingredients chest, be careful that you don't have your lunchbox in hand.

How would you go about getting Nether Quartz?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 5, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Demiurge4 posted:

Wait a second, this server was going up TODAY? I thought it was going up tomorrow... especially since I received a pm saying it was going up around noon, at 20 minutes past noon.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
edit: nevermind

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 5, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question what do I need to research to get automated alchemy

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You have to go Alumentum and Nitor > Essentia Distillation > Essentia Tubes > Advanced Essentia Tubes > Alchemical Centrifuge > Automated Alchemy. I know it's weird because the hexagonal no-effort research usually doesn't lead to new discoveries.

Seriously where do I get Nether Quartz.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 5, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ariong posted:

You have to go Alumentum and Nitor > Essentia Distillation > Essentia Tubes > Advanced Essentia Tubes > Alchemical Centrifuge > Automated Alchemy. I know it's weird because the hexagonal no-effort research usually doesn't lead to new discoveries.

Seriously where do I get Nether Quartz.

The desert. Get one and then clone it forever. Thaumic Energistics let's you duplicate the stuff for like... Vitreus, Aqua, and Potentia I think - Glass, Sugar Cane, and Charcoal are renewable and give you everything you need. Getting the first one can be a pain though, Taffer spent like half an hour looking for the stuff earlier before he (I think) found some.

Alternately once you get far enough along in Botania (do Botania if you aren't, it's a good mod and really good in Blightfall because it covers several pretty critical resource gaps you'll have otherwise) to have an Alfheim gate, throw in 6 mana steel and a mana ingot and use the Elementium and Pixie Dust to make a Conjuration Catalyst, at which point Nether Quartz is as simple as throwing a stack into your conjuration catalyst mana pool and getting two stacks out (albeit at cost of mana, but it's not that hard to make a self-sustaining Endoflame tree farm, and you can do it entirely with Botania with a little ingenuity with mana spreader lenses). In my singleplayer game I get all of my Nether Quartz by just hucking it into my conjuration catalyst mana pool at this point because my mana generation scheme spits out enough juice to keep up.

Also in general if you're wondering where to get a material, Volume 1 of the books you get from the Jaded has information about literally all of the materials in the game, both in terms of what levels, what biomes, and actual maps of where those biomes are in the world. Blightfall has very nice materials documentation.

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 5, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

thanks gaia guardian 2 for your fruit of grisaia

now i can completely ignore the spice of life hunger rules :yaycloud:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
someone mentioned a cheat room on the jaded where is that? I've opened up everything I could find and haven't found a cheat room.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

"Your discovery of dignalum has unlocked more info in your materials books!"

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Reason posted:

someone mentioned a cheat room on the jaded where is that? I've opened up everything I could find and haven't found a cheat room.

Bottom floor, left side of you're facing away from the reactor

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taffer posted:

Bottom floor, left side of you're facing away from the reactor

The yellorium drums?

vv - Weird I've broken into all those orange windowed rooms and theres nothing there.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 5, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Reason posted:

The yellorium drums?

Maybe I'm not remembering right, could be the top floor. Anyway it's in one of those orange-windowed rooms.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Reason posted:

The yellorium drums?

vv - Weird I've broken into all those orange windowed rooms and theres nothing there.

Are you playing on a server? If so they might not have updated. The cheat room was added in an update after the main launch.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Glory of Arioch posted:

Are you playing on a server? If so they might not have updated. The cheat room was added in an update after the main launch.

Thats it, I'm not playing on a server, but I haven't updated. I guess I'd have to start over to see that room? Were there any other neat points of interest added that would be worth starting over?

Ellieanna
Jul 16, 2014

Reason posted:

Thats it, I'm not playing on a server, but I haven't updated. I guess I'd have to start over to see that room? Were there any other neat points of interest added that would be worth starting over?

You don't need to restart. They were awesome and it just updates what you currently have.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Reason posted:

They actually added a whatsit that can update the map you already have with the new features, so you don't have to restart. It's pretty cool.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Glory of Arioch posted:

thanks gaia guardian 2 for your fruit of grisaia

now i can completely ignore the spice of life hunger rules :yaycloud:

Sounds like someone never made a Thaumic Cake. I've been eating this same cake for WEEKS.

I'm sure it's healthy.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Tonight I tried to get a closed-loop power generation system with a planter/harvester combo dropping logs onto 9 endoflames. The logs were unsustainable and it ran out of juice. Does charcoal perform just that much better? Would I be well-off with a redstone furnace intercepting the logs and burning them?

I then diverted my attention to setting up centivis. I found the two wands I thought were respectively fully-charged had drained of terra vis. Would something cause me to shed vis like that? I'm still fed up node hunting, and it's really annoying how I pretty much have to do it a few times just to get all the gear together to tap into a node. If I understand this right, I need two node stabilizers. One goes under the node and one is an ingredient of the ... transducer IIRC. Is that right? I believe I put that part on top of the node, with the stabilizer underneath. It's a lot of vis just to get going. Then it's 75 of each primal aspect to jar the node. Then we assume the node survives the trip in decent shape. Then it sounds like trouble if I ever want to move the node. Do I really need to get that right the first time?

Is there a reasonable way to divert Botania mana so I have a nice mana wading pool for mana recipes while still diverting all the rest for RF production? I'm assuming I shoot the mana flowers to a pool and form a T. One goes to another pool for recipes, and the other points at the mana flux field. Will the spreader going to the pool stop trying when the mana pool is full?

I also in retrospect think I got those dayblooms that were supposed to be hidden away, but they must have been in the hardened satchel I threw in a crucible when I was fumbling with my keyboard, trying to fling the right stuff I wanted at the time.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mzbundifund posted:

Sounds like someone never made a Thaumic Cake. I've been eating this same cake for WEEKS.

I'm sure it's healthy.

cheesecake, while not infinitely refilling, also did not obey the spice of life rules, but the saturation was so low that you had to put them everywhere

the Fruit goes in my ticon backpack and saturates me about halfway

is nice

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Tonight I tried to get a closed-loop power generation system with a planter/harvester combo dropping logs onto 9 endoflames. The logs were unsustainable and it ran out of juice. Does charcoal perform just that much better? Would I be well-off with a redstone furnace intercepting the logs and burning them?

I then diverted my attention to setting up centivis. I found the two wands I thought were respectively fully-charged had drained of terra vis. Would something cause me to shed vis like that? I'm still fed up node hunting, and it's really annoying how I pretty much have to do it a few times just to get all the gear together to tap into a node. If I understand this right, I need two node stabilizers. One goes under the node and one is an ingredient of the ... transducer IIRC. Is that right? I believe I put that part on top of the node, with the stabilizer underneath. It's a lot of vis just to get going. Then it's 75 of each primal aspect to jar the node. Then we assume the node survives the trip in decent shape. Then it sounds like trouble if I ever want to move the node. Do I really need to get that right the first time?

Is there a reasonable way to divert Botania mana so I have a nice mana wading pool for mana recipes while still diverting all the rest for RF production? I'm assuming I shoot the mana flowers to a pool and form a T. One goes to another pool for recipes, and the other points at the mana flux field. Will the spreader going to the pool stop trying when the mana pool is full?

I also in retrospect think I got those dayblooms that were supposed to be hidden away, but they must have been in the hardened satchel I threw in a crucible when I was fumbling with my keyboard, trying to fling the right stuff I wanted at the time.

Nah it's that the Harvester eats like 240 RF per block it chops up, and it chops up the whole tree instead of just the logs. You gotta go with Thaumcraft Golems until you get Munchdews and are sheering the leaves for the bulk of your power. Alternately you can just have some Munchdews sitting at your tree farm, they'll devour all the leaves off the tree right quick, and have a second tree farm to supply saplings.

Anyone know if there's anything to the stuff that's on the infusion altar in the iceberg? There's a Bucket o" Blood in the middle with an Entropy Shard, a Despair Shard, a Taint Shard, and a Nether Shard. Never seen a ritual like it :shrug:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The issue with the mana fluxfield is that when your cell gets full, the second there's room in all the buffers for some RF, any mana spreader pointed at the fluxfield will shoot at the fluxfield, wasting tons of mana. I compensate this by using a comparator on my energy cell to read its charge level and output if it's above 13. (It's actually an automagy remote comparator but vanilla ones slapped down on the side of the energy cell work fine too.) The lead from the comparator turns on a bunch of redstone torches under the mana spreaders, stopping them from firing.

Your understanding of centivis is right, but make sure the transducer has a steady redstone signal applied to it. I use a redstone block on top. If you have any Repair enchanted items, they are probably drawing vis from your wand when you take damage.

Diverting botania mana is best done with spark augments. (These are elven knowledge.)

menki
Jun 19, 2010
Is there a trick to getting your first bit of gold to start thaumcraft? I've found some underground, but I can't mine it without metal tools, which I can't make without casts, which I need gold for anyway. I've got a Darkwood pickaxe at 'soft metals' mining level.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

menki posted:

Is there a trick to getting your first bit of gold to start thaumcraft? I've found some underground, but I can't mine it without metal tools, which I can't make without casts, which I need gold for anyway. I've got a Darkwood pickaxe at 'soft metals' mining level.

You can make casts with aluminium brass. Alternatively, make a vanilla-recipe pickaxe with Ouroclase (or however it's spelled.)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also once you get far enough you can requisition gold tools and chuck them in a smeltery for a few bars. Thaumcraft takes like ~20 bars, tops, to really get started then needs like no gold ever again, so it's super worth requisitioning gold.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Rrussom posted:

That did it, thanks.

Hi, I'm sorry to bug you, but do you think you could show us what you saw? I've been getting this report not-infrequently, but we programmed the RAM warning screen to discuss 64-bit java with you and even give you a link to the download page. But since most of my reports are from literal children, it's been real hard to get more data about what's going on.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I then diverted my attention to setting up centivis. I found the two wands I thought were respectively fully-charged had drained of terra vis. Would something cause me to shed vis like that?

The TC4 energy shield whatsits require Vis to recharge. Both Terra and Aer, more Terra than Aer.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah, I found a runic shield ring in a chest somewhere and I enjoyed using it, but I found that I preferred to take it off when I was going into situations where I wasn't in real danger, because I didn't want to spend the vis.

This of course changed when I got centivis up and running.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

30.5 Days posted:

Hi, I'm sorry to bug you, but do you think you could show us what you saw? I've been getting this report not-infrequently, but we programmed the RAM warning screen to discuss 64-bit java with you and even give you a link to the download page. But since most of my reports are from literal children, it's been real hard to get more data about what's going on.

Oh, are you on the / are the launcher team? It's a really slick piece of software in both presentation and function, I am impressed.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Bhodi posted:

Oh, are you on the / are the launcher team? It's a really slick piece of software in both presentation and function, I am impressed.

:) Thanks. Yeah, I'm CanVox.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hey, how much in the way of stabilisation do I need to totally negate instability on the infusion altar?

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Wolpertinger posted:

Got in, barely, but it's irreversibly flooded it looks like outside of some air pockets, mining this is gunna be dangerous - I wish swimming wasn't like wading through molasses.

Half height slabs in the upper position are great for this - they provide a air pocket. Use them as a roof and just place/remove dirt to get rid of the water blocks.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Hey, how much in the way of stabilisation do I need to totally negate instability on the infusion altar?

You need -25 points I think. Candles give -0.1 so 250 candles. I have a room with 256 and so far I haven't seen any problem occur during infusion, even with dangerous ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You can get away with a lot less, 25 is the cap that instability can reach during a ritual. When you start one, the inherent instability starts with up to 10 (+1 due to an odd number of ingredients) and has a chance to increase the longer the ritual is run.

• Locked thread