Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If Archeage can still be a cash cow to Trion then MWO can still generate money selling $120 mech packs ad infinitium. :homebrew:

Just saying that dreaming about a Holy Savior to come and make Mechwarrior 5 for the Faithful Brothers and Sisters is not a realistic goal at this time, or probably this decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

Just saying that dreaming about a Holy Savior to come and make Mechwarrior 5 for the Faithful Brothers and Sisters is not a realistic goal at this time, or probably this decade.

At this point, I'd settle for MechAssault 3.

Stupid as it was, at least MechAssault 2 was fun.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

A.o.D. posted:

Actually, it's hard as hell for a product as niche as a battletech franchise. Every time someone buys a big mech pack, it's the equivalent of buying 1 1/3rd AAA game releases, for a hell of a lot less programming and marketing cost.

MWO's playerbase is beyond a niche at this point.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

I guess I can understand why there's no way to program an AI in this game, then.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

At this point, I'd settle for MechAssault 3.

Stupid as it was, at least MechAssault 2 was fun.

I didnt like MA2s multiplayer nearly as much as the first game. Picking a mech and doing CTF/TDM online was good simple fun. 2 decided that mechs should be the worst option to use.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

DancingShade posted:

If Archeage can still be a cash cow to Trion then MWO can still generate money selling $120 mech packs ad infinitium. :homebrew:

Isn't there a big license fee or something in order to make a Mechwarrior game? I don't know anything about this, but I'd imagine the people who own the IP, Topps according to Google, will have to give their blessing or whatever first?

I imagine I'd get sued immediately if I tried to make MechCommander 3

DiHK posted:

Yeah, well, Nixon was a savvy politian for most of his career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmFnIruDig&t=115s

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 6, 2015

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

He pulled off a trade deal with red China in the goddam middle of the cold war.

Also, racism was fashionable back then.

:colbert:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

DiHK posted:

He pulled off a trade deal with red China in the goddam middle of the cold war.

Also, racism was fashionable back then.

:colbert:

He also sabotaged the Paris Peace Accords to get himself elected in 68, which delayed the end of the war until '72~'73 or whenever. The FBI caught him and told LBJ. LBJ gave the info to the Democratic candidate, but the Democratic candidate didn't expose the info because he thought he was going to win anyway and the election was next week at the time

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Even the deader-than-dead Tribes Ascend is getting updates to actually fix major issues the playerbase has with the game. MWO has pretty much no excuse for being as awful as it is.

I uninstalled WoT because I left it sitting unplayed for a year, I'll probly do the same to MWO at this rate.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Love Stole the Day posted:

He also sabotaged the Paris Peace Accords to get himself elected in 68

Since when does politically savvy also mean non-evil piece of poo poo? In fact, I think that in most cases it does mean evil, greasy double talker.

Nobody is going to bat for Nixon here. He's trash and that's all Paul and Russ have in common with him. Paul and Russ are the equivalent of snake-oil salesmen where Nixon is a P T Barnum level poo poo-bag. Equating them does disservice to Nixon, who was one of our most interesting evil genius presidents to date.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Actively making the group queue worse is the final nail in the coffin, I was hoping they would be implementing Solaris arena or 4v4 scouting battles but at this rate it's obvious that they never will make any kind of positive movement with the game.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Washout posted:

Actively making the group queue worse is the final nail in the coffin, I was hoping they would be implementing Solaris arena or 4v4 scouting battles but at this rate it's obvious that they never will make any kind of positive movement with the game.

Yeah once they go 4 premade only I am pretty much done with the game till they roll it back. Running with a bunch of folks and shooting the poo poo over Mumble basically IS the game for me. The game itself is more or less an excuse to gab with people all over the world, cracking jokes and relieving stress via making fun of idiots on the other team because yelling at customers at work is a good way to not have a job.

Honestly if wait times are a thing?

GO BACK TO 8 A SIDE.

It's a lot faster for the Matchmaker to make matches when 8 less people need to be considered. It's almost like the simplest solution was right in their faces all along... Mech classes go 2 each and bam done!

And hell instead of making pointless loving mech packs make Solaris arenas that are free for alls and charge C bills and MC for entrance fees with cool rewards. And then basically just cut and paste MW 2 and 4 Merc maps with new textures. Grab some of the tabletop maps and add em in if there are legal issues.

Oh wait. We are dealing with incompetent numbskulls who are blessed with a kickass art team.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Going back to 8 a side would be admitting that the game's population is cratering. Also there are a lot of nerds who like the idea of 12 a side because there are 12 mechs in a company so you see the game about giant robots shooting lasers is realistic.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Captain Rufus posted:

Oh wait. We are dealing with incompetent numbskulls who are blessed with a kickass art team.

This is something often said and, while quite true, there are more folks than just the art that are good. For instance the sound guys are dope and even the bad robots have sweet engine hums and nice sfx when you torso twist. For example you hear something like bigass chains/gears grind when the atlas turns.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
^^^^
Yeah I do not doubt that :pgi: has hard working good staff. It's the direction from the top that's "a bit" :stare:. I mean :pgi:

ArchangeI posted:

Going back to 8 a side would be admitting that the game's population is cratering. Also there are a lot of nerds who like the idea of 12 a side because there are 12 mechs in a company so you see the game about giant robots shooting lasers is realistic.

The funny/sad thing is: That's the reason we have 12 vs 12. Not based on anything remotely boring like: maths or game design. But because CANON!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
CW solo report: a dude on my team did 26 damage across four 'mechs

we lost :(

I seriously don't know how that's possible. It's a single alpha on most robots

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Going back to 8v8 is just as likely to happen as the removal of Ghost Heat, and for the same reasons.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Lonjon posted:

Going back to 8v8 is just as likely to happen as the removal of Ghost Heat, and for the same reasons.

Paul Inouye is a moron?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Buff Butler posted:

Paul Inouye is a moron?

your prize is a functioning uninstaller.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

This thread is just too much sometimes

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Patch notes: https://mwomercs.com/news/2015/09/1334-patch-notes-1440-08sep2015

NOT THAT YOU GIVE A poo poo

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

God the Mauler is going to be complete poo poo.

code:
+5% Turn Rate (All Speeds)
+15 Additional Structure (LT)
+15 Additional Structure (RT)
+10% Torso Turn Rate (Pitch)
+10% Torso Turn Rate (Yaw)
+10% Ballistic Range
+10% Ballistic Velocity
-12.5% Ballistic Heat Generation
+10% AC/2 Range
+10% AC/2 Velocity
oh +20% range and velocity on ac2s. That'll save it!

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Today Paul tepidly looked outside his office, saw his shadow, ducked back inside.

At least two more weeks of OP cheeta.

quote:

ACH-Prime

Left Arm: Additional Structure +8
Left Torso: Additional Structure +7
Right Torso: Additional Structure +7
Right Arm: Additional Structure +8
ACH-A
Set Bonus: Arm Movement Rate (Pitch) +5%
Set Bonus: Arm Movement Rate (Yaw) +5%
Left Torso: Arm Movement Rate (Pitch) +5%
Left Torso: Arm Movement Rate (Yaw) +5%
ACH-B
Left Arm: Energy Heat Generation -2.5%
ACH-C
Left Arm: ER Laser Duration -2.5%
Left Arm: Energy Duration -2.5%
Left Torso: Pulse Laser Heat Generation -2.5%
Left Torso: Energy Heat Generation -2.5%
Right Torso: Pulse Laser Heat Generation -2.5%
Right Torso: Energy Heat Generation -2.5%
Right Arm: ER Laser Duration -2.5%
Right Arm: Energy Duration -2.5%

Because the cheeta needs more arm/torso armor and a limpwristed energy nerf

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 8, 2015

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Willfrey posted:

Today Paul tepidly looked outside his office, saw his shadow, ducked back inside.

At least two more weeks of OP cheeta.

Because the cheeta needs more arm/torso armor and a limpwristed energy nerf

Those are the quirks being removed.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
aah

i cannot read

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
Still, it's a weak set of nerfs, it really doesn't affect anything about how I'll play it. They ignored the A variant legs and that's all that matters.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Arms are going to fall off pretty easily now.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

various cheeses posted:

My 2 x ERLL Arctic Cheetah doesn't use arms :colbert:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

And who the gently caress are you? I don't play anymore but that doesn't make my MWO opinion any less valid. After several years of waiting for improvement on this game, I can say it's a huge loving disappointment.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Pattonesque posted:

CW solo report: a dude on my team did 26 damage across four 'mechs

we lost :(

I seriously don't know how that's possible. It's a single alpha on most robots

I expect to loose every CW match except for when clans decide to attack, which is never. I still don't have my IS drop deck because I don't have enough mech bays, so I can't jump in on the 8-10 man groups that pop up all the time on IS factions. All I do in CW is try to do as much damage as possible, and strip as many components as I can to get more loyalty points. It is interesting to run around in clan mechs in CW though, because so many people think they are invincible. Even with superior fire power and range, we tend to loose in 15 minutes or less because...well, the player base...It's like being an anthropologist among some tribal unit. You try to live among them and understand their behavior. "Oh look! The lone TimberWolf is attempting to take on 2 Thunderbolts and a Stalker all alone. Fascinating behavior, if not tragic. Why it chose to carry 2 AC/2's and LRM's is simply beyond me. Maybe some day, we will have the answer."

Most of the people in this thread are huge Battletech nerds. I've never been huge into the lore, just the giant stompy robits, but I think people who are bitching in the thread have a right to be really mad at how the game is turning out. I still like MWO in small bursts, but it's not really a great game. If they continue the trend of listening to the player base, we will have 24 v 24 battles here eventually (not that PGI could make that possible). Almost every match on the new Forest Colony is "man, wouldn't it be great if it was 24 v 24!!!" PGI listens to this kind of stuff if the people saying it are spending real world monies.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 8, 2015

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

it's a model of positivity compared to the transverse days. PGI have been doing stuff and the game is basically ok, so this is just ambient grumbling

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching their video of the Mauler, you don't have to worry about getting the sides stripped! Judging by the looks of it, the CT is gigantic... It's the reverse-Atlas?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

various cheeses posted:

People put armor on the arms? I used them as an early warning system.

Oh my left arm has fallen off, I guess someone can see me.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i still play this pile

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

The Repo Man posted:

I expect to loose every CW match except for when clans decide to attack, which is never. I still don't have my IS drop deck because I don't have enough mech bays, so I can't jump in on the 8-10 man groups that pop up all the time on IS factions. All I do in CW is try to do as much damage as possible, and strip as many components as I can to get more loyalty points. It is interesting to run around in clan mechs in CW though, because so many people think they are invincible. Even with superior fire power and range, we tend to loose in 15 minutes or less because...well, the player base...It's like being an anthropologist among some tribal unit. You try to live among them and understand their behavior. "Oh look! The lone TimberWolf is attempting to take on 2 Thunderbolts and a Stalker all alone. Fascinating behavior, if not tragic. Why it chose to carry 2 AC/2's and LRM's is simply beyond me. Maybe some day, we will have the answer."

Most of the people in this thread are huge Battletech nerds. I've never been huge into the lore, just the giant stompy robits, but I think people who are bitching in the thread have a right to be really mad at how the game is turning out. I still like MWO in small bursts, but it's not really a great game. If they continue the trend of listening to the player base, we will have 24 v 24 battles here eventually (not that PGI could make that possible). Almost every match on the new Forest Colony is "man, wouldn't it be great if it was 24 v 24!!!" PGI listens to this kind of stuff if the people saying it are spending real world monies.

Isn't it like, impossible to play the enemy's side's mechs in CW? Last time I checked, IS-players couldn't use Clan-mechs and Clan-players couldn't use IS-mechs. Did that change? So players in CW on the Clan's side can't even use IS-mechs, so seeing a lot of Clan-mechs shouldn't be anything special.

Anyway, I'd like to see 36 vs 36 battles. 24 vs 24 is basically just two companies on each side, which feels weird. The next step up from a company should be a battallion. :colbert:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

DancingShade posted:

People put armor on the arms? I used them as an early warning system.

Oh my left arm has fallen off, I guess someone can see me.

Clan mechs generally don't get the luxury of not putting guns in arms.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

A.o.D. posted:

Clan mechs generally don't get the luxury of not putting guns in arms.

if you're bad at building them yeah

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Libluini posted:

Isn't it like, impossible to play the enemy's side's mechs in CW? Last time I checked, IS-players couldn't use Clan-mechs and Clan-players couldn't use IS-mechs. Did that change? So players in CW on the Clan's side can't even use IS-mechs, so seeing a lot of Clan-mechs shouldn't be anything special.

Anyway, I'd like to see 36 vs 36 battles. 24 vs 24 is basically just two companies on each side, which feels weird. The next step up from a company should be a battallion. :colbert:

I meant so I can play cw as IS. I don't like rolling with trial mechs, so I need an IS drop deck.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
except the IS trails are actually passable now that they've been redone, whereas the clans are poop from a butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A Curvy Goonette posted:

if you're bad at building them yeah

Well okay then.

• Locked thread