Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
i love fantasy football more than i love my parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Heisenator posted:

What does everyone think of this proposed trade? Is it a steal?

Giving: Anquan Boldin (Picked in 10)
Receiving: Arian Foster (Picked in 5)

0.5ppr, 10 team, he needs a receiver. I have Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Ameer Abdullah, and DMC, but I have a decent WR corps of Randall Cobb, Deandre Hopkins, Mike Evans, and sleepers like Charles/Stevie Johnson so I am not very hard pressed to keep Anquan, and will see if Charles or Stevie blow up later in the season.

I am looking for a 3rd solid RB. There is some implied risk with reinjury and missing 5-7 weeks, but I am hoping Foster will carry me in the late regular season and to the championships, most likely as a Flex.

If it's good, I guess we will see if people try to vote against it over the next two days.

That's an obvious accept.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

commish posted:

IMO, depth is not very important in fantasy football. You get your best bunch of starters and then you get some high risk, high upside guys on your bench. That's why people chase the lottery ticket. That's why I'd rather take a chance on someone like OBJ than keep someone like Dwayne Bowe on my bench for depth. Or, to make it current, I'd rather have Hillman on my bench than someone like Woodhead.

I agree and disagree. I always try to leave a spot or two on my bench, depending on roster size, for fliers, but up until that point I'm taking the BPA for every single pick. Injuries happen, and if they don't, the more talent you have the better, never turn down a tradable asset because you never know when someone will be in need and you can turn bench fodder into a better roster. Depending on how good your starters are, that leaves you more open to taking on risk, but for most teams, I think that resigning a good portion of your bench to high-risk/reward guys instead of just grabbing a guy or two, will more often than not force you to spend the entire season playing WW roulette

E: I also don't think broken rear end Dwayne Bowe is a fair comp to a guy like Woodhead who is probably going to put up at least low-end RB3 numbers in PPR. Especially for a handcuff because handcuffs are stupid. If you're going make a risk play, at least make a play for a guy who can work his way into the lineup through performance rather than injury. I honestly would consider Zenner in the former category just as much as the latter, because I don't necessarily believe that he needs a Joique injury to become relevant, just to keep practicing well, take advantage of whatever little opportunity he gets (even just a carry or two a week), and wait until Joique over-stays his welcome with a sub-4 YPC

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 8, 2015

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I agree and disagree. I always try to leave a spot or two on my bench, depending on roster size, for fliers, but up until that point I'm taking the BPA for every single pick. Injuries happen, and if they don't, the more talent you have the better, never turn down a tradable asset because you never know when someone will be in need and you can turn bench fodder into a better roster. Depending on how good your starters are, that leaves you more open to taking on risk, but for most teams, I think that resigning a good portion of your bench to high-risk/reward guys instead of just grabbing a guy or two, will more often than not force you to spend the entire season playing WW roulette

I think how much you're willing to work on trades and how receptive your league is to trades should play a big factor in how you should roster your bench. If trading didn't exist, keeping 1-2 RB and WR to cover injuries then stashing a bunch of high-risk lottery tickets would be the way to go in my opinion. However, taking the BPA at all times definitely increases your ability to fill in other team's holes for the reward to improving the quality of your starters.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Yeah you basically want the guy who could potentially put up big numbers if a few breaks go their way.

If you need a few points of filler per week, you can literally get JAG from free agency.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Stupid question, but Steve Smith is on track to play week 1 correct? He didn't get suspended for fighting in the preseason? I'm looking around a see no news about him to indicate he wouldn't be starting, but ESPN has him projected for 0 points for some reason.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Does ESPN not do projections for IDP? Offensive projections for Week 1 have gone up* but nothing for IDP, and my friends and I started a bullshit all IDP league this year so this is a bit of a concern. I know the projections are just fluff, but it helps with on the bubble decisions.

*Some random offensive players are missing projection at the moment, Steve Smith and Johnathan Stewart among them for some reason.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Yeah SSSr is playing wk 1 and he'll drop a 70+ td on Denver before leaving the game after getting into a scuffle on the sidelines w a special teamer.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Reik posted:

I think how much you're willing to work on trades and how receptive your league is to trades should play a big factor in how you should roster your bench. If trading didn't exist, keeping 1-2 RB and WR to cover injuries then stashing a bunch of high-risk lottery tickets would be the way to go in my opinion. However, taking the BPA at all times definitely increases your ability to fill in other team's holes for the reward to improving the quality of your starters.

Yeah, that's the problem - so hard to pull off trades. I don't rely on trades at all because I've never been in a competitive league that had significant trading.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Reik posted:

This is a really good point and it basically harkens to my number one rule for fantasy which is know your league

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Heisenator posted:

What does everyone think of this proposed trade? Is it a steal?

Giving: Anquan Boldin (Picked in 10)
Receiving: Arian Foster (Picked in 5)

0.5ppr, 10 team, he needs a receiver. I have Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Ameer Abdullah, and DMC, but I have a decent WR corps of Randall Cobb, Deandre Hopkins, Mike Evans, and sleepers like Charles/Stevie Johnson so I am not very hard pressed to keep Anquan, and will see if Charles or Stevie blow up later in the season.

I am looking for a 3rd solid RB. There is some implied risk with reinjury and missing 5-7 weeks, but I am hoping Foster will carry me in the late regular season and to the championships, most likely as a Flex.

If it's good, I guess we will see if people try to vote against it over the next two days.

:f5: Mash that accept button as hard and as fast as you can and hope no one vetoes it.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

:siren:The Bills have signed...:siren:

Matt Cassel

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bench matters a lot in my league because it's a 14 person PPR. That means your bench has to be guys that can realistically fill in for injuries/under performance plus bye weeks. Sure it's fine to have one or two lottery tickets but my bench is Polk, Tevin Coleman, Brandon Coleman, FJax, Julius Thomas, and DGB. I'm sweating it even though my top three is relatively solid (Cobb, Forte, Landry) but my other guys aren't (Peyton Manning, Amari Cooper, Vernon Davis, and Bishop Sankey).

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm trying to work up a trade that involves me giving up Amari Cooper for DeAndre Hopkins, do you guys think it would be worth it or do i just stick with Cooper? 1 PPR league

I'm thinking both players will be soaking up targets, i just don't know which QB to trust more. Also trying to target Jordan Matthews too.

Will be giving up some RB depth if it happens, but hopefully Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman at least get's me flex numbers by the time my starting RB's byes come around.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 8, 2015

commish
Sep 17, 2009

VietCampo posted:

I'm trying to work up a trade that involves me giving up Amari Cooper for DeAndre Hopkins, do you guys think it would be worth it or do i just stick with Cooper? 1 PPR league

If you could do that, you should do it. It would be a tough sell, as Amari is unproven and a rookie.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I love whoever is buying all the Tom Brady banner ads.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

commish posted:

If you could do that, you should do it. It would be a tough sell, as Amari is unproven and a rookie.

Would Jordan Matthews be a decent upgrade over Cooper? The guy who owns Matthews has a RB trio of Eddie Lacy, Danny Woodhead, and Joseph Randle, and he's currently starting Woodhead in his RB2 spot. I could give up Amari + Ameer for Matthews + Woodhead/Randle.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've been looking in here for a week or so to no avail, but I figure I'll give it one last shot.

Do I have two takers (need two, can't draft with uneven teams) who want to get into the all-IDP league? Draft is tonight at 10ET and I'd really like to have 12 teams. It's a great league if you like IDP or are trying to get acclimated to using them instead of D/ST, which you should, because D/ST is bad and for scrubs.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735414

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
In my 10-team league, I managed to end up with Roethlisberger, Dez, Megatron and Lacy. Also managed to get Hyde.

Short (4 player) bench is rounded out by Isiah Crowell, Latavius Murray, Mike Wallace and Chris Ivory

Feelin' pretty good, here's hopin' goin into week 1.

Nervous about that 49ers D/ST though.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Would you drop Helu, Knile Davis, or Sims and pick up Michael?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

a shameful boehner posted:

You should. Start a different DST!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rorobb posted:

Sims, and maybe Helu, but I don't know his current injury status.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Prophecy120 posted:

I love whoever is buying all the Tom Brady banner ads.

Agreed. I find them funny!

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Drop Kendell Wright, or Michael Floyd for a kicker? .5 ppr

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

You should. Start a different DST!

Panthers D is available, I'm all over that.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

a shameful boehner posted:

In my 10-team league, I managed to end up with Roethlisberger, Dez, Megatron and Lacy. Also managed to get Hyde.

Short (4 player) bench is rounded out by Isiah Crowell, Latavius Murray, Mike Wallace and Chris Ivory

Feelin' pretty good, here's hopin' goin into week 1.

The Niners defense should not be owned in any format.

Well, maybe a 16-man, 2 defense league. But only that.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Rorobb posted:

I think I'd drop Helu for him.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Ty1990 posted:

I think I'd drop Helu for him.

I like Helu more than Sims myself. I feel like people are underestimating Helu's role in Oakland's offense this year.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I got this trade offer (.5 ppr):

I give Isiah Crowell, I get Shane Vereen.

Kind of a boring lateral move and I honestly like Crowell's situation better right now.

Thinking about counter offering to get Foster, and cause I love 2 for 1, I was thinking Crowell & James Jones or Funchess.

Foster's situation seems really murky, but if he comes back in a reasonable amount of time and he's healthy, I need a RB1 type of player. Am I completely undervaluing the uncertainty, though? Is Foster worth a lot more than Crowell and a basically waiver-wire WR?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm trying to convince the league I commission to drop TEs since we're going 2QBs this year and TEs are awful plus we'll still have a flex spot anyway. Everybody's getting super angsty and nobody's for it. Should I just let Gronk/Graham/Kelce go and pick a TE super late in the draft?

Also: Is there a way to round points in ESPN? Like for passing yards where it's 1point/25yds, can you set it to go 13yds or above = 1 point? I think it's stupid but my league insists there's a way to do it.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Hazo posted:

I'm trying to convince the league I commission to drop TEs since we're going 2QBs this year and TEs are awful plus we'll still have a flex spot anyway. Everybody's getting super angsty and nobody's for it. Should I just let Gronk/Graham/Kelce go and pick a TE super late in the draft?

Also: Is there a way to round points in ESPN? Like for passing yards where it's 1point/25yds, can you set it to go 13yds or above = 1 point? I think it's stupid but my league insists there's a way to do it.

Why on earth would you round instead of using fractional points

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So you can have more ties! Everyone loves ties!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

toxicsunset posted:

Why on earth would you round instead of using fractional points
Basically one girl got victories overturned twice last year due to scoring adjustments and she's super mad about it. Like I said, I personally think it's stupid.

I'm just going to set it to .2 per 5 yards. There's no reason for anyone to get so pedantic about that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
She's going to be a lot more salty when she loses to a scoring adjustment of a full point caused by one yard lol.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah sorry I updated BeerSheets on Friday.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So she's mad she didn't win via errors? Sounds reasonable.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hazo posted:

Rounding is the worst possible solution. Either use fractional scoring (1 yard rush/receiving = 0.1 points, 1 yard passing = 0.04 points) or use whole number scoring (9 yards rush/receiving = 0, 10 yards rush/receiving = 1, etc.). Rounding is even dumber than just using whole numbers.

MacheteZombie posted:

She's going to be a lot more salty when she loses to a scoring adjustment of a full point caused by one yard lol.

My family league uses whole scoring, so 9 yards = 0 points, 10 yards = 1 point, etc. It makes scoring adjustments so much more exciting, haha.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Hazo posted:

Basically one girl got victories overturned twice last year due to scoring adjustments and she's super mad about it. Like I said, I personally think it's stupid.

I'm just going to set it to .2 per 5 yards. There's no reason for anyone to get so pedantic about that.

Why would you do .2 per 5 instead of .04 per 1

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Rounding is the worst possible solution. Either use fractional scoring (1 yard rush/receiving = 0.1 points, 1 yard passing = 0.04 points) or use whole number scoring (9 yards rush/receiving = 0, 10 yards rush/receiving = 1, etc.). Rounding is even dumber than just using whole numbers.

My family league uses whole scoring, so 9 yards = 0 points, 10 yards = 1 point, etc. It makes scoring adjustments so much more exciting, haha.

:psyduck: I just don't understand people's rationale for scoring like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RVProfootballer posted:

Exactly, that's why I'm going .1 pt/yd for rush/receiving, I just hadn't decided on where to go for passing yet. I like .2/5.

Any tips on drafting TEs since it sounds like I'm gonna leave them in?

• Locked thread