Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TidyHole
Apr 23, 2015
I'm going to have to second the people who were saying its better to watch a LP of Shadow Hearts 1, play Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I like 1 a lot and it adds a lot to the experience of 2, but it can be difficult to play with how janky it is by today's standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I just finished Witcher 3 today! Tooks 9 months to go from the first Witcher all the way to this one! It was really fun to see the progression between all the games graphic and gameplay wise!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

you can't call yourself a real furry until you start buying genemods

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I decided to play Ar no surge because I'm a good ways into it and I've already left it sitting for a couple months and the longer I wait the less likely I am to remember anything that was going on. Ty all

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I decided to play Ar no surge because I'm a good ways into it and I've already left it sitting for a couple months and the longer I wait the less likely I am to remember anything that was going on. Ty all

Is that the one that runs really badly and is full of bugs

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Maybe the vita version but it's fine on the ps3.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I bought Ar Nosurge, thinking it would be exactly like Ar Tomelico 2, which I liked. Then I played it and realized I only liked Ar Tonelico 2 because I was a dumb teenager. Well that's my Ar Nosurge story, thanks for listening.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

you can't call yourself a real furry until you start buying genemods

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ar tonelico 2 owns, and ar nosurge also owns

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's possible teenage me had better taste, I do like neptunia after all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTVdo3Dr_hQ

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I like Ar Tonelico 2.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's pretty much the Donkey Kong Country 2 of Gust's lineup.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Also much like Donkey Kong Country, entry #1 is mediocre and entry #3 is terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, I'm not the worlds biggest DKC3 fan but equating it with AT3 is just mean.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I tried playing AT2 once, but the game tending to stutter in combat, mostly when you needed to block something, killed it for me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ar Tonelico's biggest weakness will always be that the main character is bog-standard doofy anime protagonist.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The gameplay is also boring but who is paying attention to that I wonder

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I've been replaying Lufia 3 and while I can definitely see why Lufia 2 is generally the best regarded in the series, this replay has reminded me why it's my favorite in the series. The boss fights are pretty challenging and the writing has a certain charm to it what with the characters constantly yelling about how stupid everyone is.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dude789 posted:

I've been replaying Lufia 3

I didn't even know there was a Lufia 3 :psyduck:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

The White Dragon posted:

I didn't even know there was a Lufia 3 :psyduck:

It came out for GBC. It follows the typical Lufia plot and as a result has to make some sacrifices with the dungeons to fit on the cartridge but it's got a neat combat system. There was also a Lufia 4 for GBA. That one was very bad.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 9, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ar no surge is cool I've decided

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

All I know about ar tonelico is that one cutscene and that both games are expensive to buy now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Elven Legacy is good poo poo yo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7v1a4Hx2W0

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

...what is wrong with her right eye?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Man these games' OST's make me really want to play them but every time I try I get as far as the first doofus line from the bland protag before zoning out.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ar Tonelico 4 should go full yuri and just ship the girls with each other and skip the male lead.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
http://gematsu.com/2015/09/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-pc-january

Finally happening

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man these games' OST's make me really want to play them but every time I try I get as far as the first doofus line from the bland protag before zoning out.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Ar Tonelico 4 should go full yuri and just ship the girls with each other and skip the male lead.

that's what yoru no whatever is for

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lots of people like croix from 2 but i don't remember anything about the plot to that game anymore so

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
He was a generic guy who somehow managed to be personal bodyguard and childhood friend to reyvateils while knowing nothing about them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

that's what yoru no whatever is for

yoru no nai kuni

though i'm not sure if an arpg is a good idea from a dev that has framerate issues in their turnbased rpgs and whose last action-y game was qoga, which while I haven't played it myself, looks pretty not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmngA14nGxY

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

He was a generic guy who somehow managed to be personal bodyguard and childhood friend to reyvateils while knowing nothing about them.

im a generic guy and i know very little about the job im supposedly doing so i find that relatable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

croix makes lots of dirty jokes which is at least a personality trait

Motto posted:

yoru no nai kuni

though i'm not sure if an arpg is a good idea from a dev that has framerate issues in their turnbased rpgs and whose last action-y game was qoga, which while I haven't played it myself, looks pretty not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmngA14nGxY
land of no night's gameplay looks pretty smooth from what we've seen

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ar Tonelico 2 is best game because I was about the friendship of the two main girls and it was cute.

Luca best girl

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Gah, flying ships. I'm getting Windchaser flashbacks, and they are not good.