Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

how often do you android people drop your phone that you need to buy new ones for 100s of dollars? sounds like someone has a case of the fumblydumble hands. :smug:

about once a year

I get high and leave it on my lap. or the other day my phone fell out of my dumb tiny jacket pocket and bounced down a flight of stairs.

one time there was a hole in my jacket and the phone fell into the toilet when I was pissing. that was an iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Moridin920 posted:

not yet

just wait til they are adding $99 styluses to them all because 'OHH the apple PEN is just so revolutionary!'

new 6 already costs $800

The price of iPhones hasn't increased a penny since the first one was released(they actually decreased it dramatically for the 3g) It won't suddenly start increasing as they become more popular then ever.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

about once a year

I get high and leave it on my lap

one time there was a hole in my jacket and the phone fell into the toilet when I was pissing. that was an iPhone.

you are a disgusting trash human who should contemplate how they can manage to consistently break expensive things and maybe you should rethink how irresponsible you are

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I love that useless 16gb models are still a thing to artificially lower the "starting at" price.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

The price of iPhones hasn't increased a penny since the first one was released(they actually decreased it dramatically for the 3g) It won't suddenly start increasing as they become more popular then ever.

the OG was $500 actually

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Stealthgerbil posted:

Wait people actually think android is hard to use?

no, but there are people who seriously think it's worth the time and effort to tinker with it at a level beyond setting backgrounds and installing apks, and these people are dorks

it's a loving phone

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 9, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

you are a disgusting trash human who should contemplate how they can manage to consistently break expensive things and maybe you should rethink how irresponsible you are

i secretly enjoy breaking or otherwise loving up expensive poo poo. I saw some R8 parked at the beach the other day and I pulled over and took all his tire caps real quick.

idk why. anarchy. nihilism. take your pick.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

no, but there are people who seriously think it's worth the time and effort to tinker with it at a level beyond setting backgrounds and installing apks, and these people are dorks

it's a loving phone

say what you will but I've successfully launched conversations with at least 2 cute hipster girls in college by showing them I could play Pokemon Red on my phone.

Never actually played it, just more of a conversation piece. Played a bit of Starfox 64 though on a train.

also it's easier to pirate apps.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's a loving phone

more of a handheld computer with phone functions but sure

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
oh man the boys at apple have done it again!

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Necc0 posted:

oh man the boys at apple have done it again!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Moridin920 posted:

i secretly enjoy breaking or otherwise loving up expensive poo poo. I saw some R8 parked at the beach the other day and I pulled over and took all his tire caps real quick.

idk why. anarchy. nihilism. take your pick.

say what you will but I've successfully launched conversations with at least 2 cute hipster girls in college by showing them I could play Pokemon Red on my phone.

Never actually played it, just more of a conversation piece. Played a bit of Starfox 64 though on a train.

also it's easier to pirate apps.

wow pokemon red my boyfriend is gonna love that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
successfully launched conversations, with my pokemons

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

ok. lol

bradzilla posted:

more of a handheld computer with phone functions but sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
replace iphone with smartphone, as it applies equally

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Hey look i can use this PS2 controller with my phone, A Lucky Goldstar G4 LTE by Verizon, while we ride the bus to class where i could hook this bluetooth keyboard up and type notes, Yeah you can't do that in Apple's WALLED GARDEN

Yeah that is pokemon right there! Yeah that game from when we were children! Don't think i am emotionally stunted please, i just like games

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

ok. lol

i actually didnt understand this until i saw mad max this summer and then subsequently tried to watch it on my ipad w/ the girlfriend

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
oh hey i bet the andoirders were getting pretty frothy through that let's see where they're at now-

Moridin920 posted:

lol

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

ok. lol

this man has never heard of twitch or gangnam style. like i'm going to take his opinion on anything.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FordPRefectLL posted:

wow pokemon red my boyfriend is gonna love that

that's fine if you didn't have any cute girls into phones and pokemon and poo poo at your school

nerd

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

never stop quoting this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
old people itt marveling at millennials lol

... girls like POKEMON :argh:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
but for real good job managing to talk to two whole girls in college we're proud of you :)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

ok. lol

who the gently caress would watch movies on a phone or pc in the first place

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

never stop quoting this

Whats funny is he edited that into his post later, I don't know how he thought that would be a good idea but here we are!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whats funny is he edited that into his post later, I don't know how he thought that would be a good idea but here we are!

idk how you think "no company makes good computers except Apple" is true whatsoever

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

but for real good job managing to talk to two whole girls in college we're proud of you :)

maybe go back to YOSPOS with your nerd friends and tell them about it i know you're all hurting for some love in there

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

idk how you think "no company makes good computers except Apple" is true whatsoever

sorry dude you were mostly right until the pokemon thing

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

People might like pokemon but 99.99% of people don't like it enough to put pirated software on their phone so they can play the worst version that are almost 20 years old

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

it is true though, that's why no one is making money in the PC market except apple

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
my 6+ was expensive but its a tax write off, so F you Nerd-cicles.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

What if you buy one of those 3 thousand dollar macbookmpro with retina display then never use OS X and just install some Linux OS so you can tinker away all day with your superior hardware

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
apple bad!!!!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

dad gay is right

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

gently caress da Mods posted:

my 6+ was expensive but its a tax write off, so F you Nerd-cicles.

Lol look at this mayonnaise drinkin mahfycka

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Moridin how will you deal when Apple gets nintendo exclusives in the App Store since there is no way Nintendo will put anything on Android

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Moridin920 posted:

maybe go back to YOSPOS with your nerd friends and tell them about it i know you're all hurting for some love in there

you should come with there's girls there & maybe you can talk to one. third time's a charm ;)

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Why don't they make the screens out of plexiglass or that windshield glass since a 2 foot fall will permanently ruin it? Especially with a retina display

I have a loving expensive macbook with retina display and a thing fell on the screen and cracked it to hell now my expensive toy is useless

Apparently it's hard and expensive to replace too. Meanwhile my parents bought some simple cheap refurbished PC and it was having problems and it took like 6 minutes for me to pop it open and fix it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

wow what a great day, can't wait for my 6 s

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
remember that computer that looked like a garbage can

looked kinda interesting I guess

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ethanol posted:

wow what a great day, can't wait for my 6 s

Same. I liked the part where they joked about the apple car. just one wheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU