Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

GhostStalker posted:

Also, was that Santa showing up in the next to last panel of the chapter?

I think that was just Kuromaru, that was the outfit he had on last anyway.

I thought it was Santa at first too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

GodFish posted:

I think that was just Kuromaru, that was the outfit he had on last anyway.

I thought it was Santa at first too though.

Yeah, that makes sense now that I look at it again.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Yeah, it's Kuromaru. He calls Touta "Touta-kun" and Santa uses "nii-chan."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Touta's oedipus complex is so incredibly weird. Though, Touta probably doesn't have to worry about the downsides of magia erebia because he is already immortal. It is only dangerous for humans to use. Also, he only assumed lightning form like Negi because he is fighting a lightning dude. Touta has no innate source of big powerful spells, and that includes his friends. So, going forward he will have to rely on his enemies to fill up his tank. The specifics of how he will manage to do that against people who know what magia erebia is should be fun.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Touta's oedipus complex is so incredibly weird. Though, Touta probably doesn't have to worry about the downsides of magia erebia because he is already immortal. It is only dangerous for humans to use. Also, he only assumed lightning form like Negi because he is fighting a lightning dude. Touta has no innate source of big powerful spells, and that includes his friends. So, going forward he will have to rely on his enemies to fill up his tank. The specifics of how he will manage to do that against people who know what magia erebia is should be fun.

Huh, I didn't even consider that. Maybe it'll be Kirie juicing him up with her newfound magic knowledge that she got by Dana forcing her to repeatedly study during the day she repeated over and over?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 20, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

Huh, I didn't even consider that. Maybe it'll be Kirie juicing him up with her newfound magic knowledge that she got by repeatedly studying over the same day?

Kirie is a normal mage, not an absurd powerhouse like the springfield family. She is raising her skill and knowledge, which is how most mages improve. Popping off wmds left and right just isn't possible for most people.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Kirie is a normal mage, not an absurd powerhouse like the springfield family. She is raising her skill and knowledge, which is how most mages improve. Popping off wmds left and right just isn't possible for most people.

True, she likely won't have the nuke level spells needed to feed the more powerful forms of Magia Erebea. She can probably help Touta out a little with some magic to absorb in the beginning at least, and her Resets give him a learning opportunity when faced with strong enemies that he can't just bull though with strength alone.

She also fills the Chisame snark quotient of the manga whenever she's in scene...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 20, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Awww, look at him, he's becoming Nero now. He even has his own devil trigger to boot.

That of which that does not corrode body can still corrode the soul. Keep in mind a panel when Touta was talking with Eva that his arm started to go out of control. Even if that was a nightmare.

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
He's fighting in a hula hoop.

I like this Touta guy already.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

New chapter out.

So Touta having to megaman the spells of his enemies to use Magia Erebea confirmed, though he can keep spells fired at him absorbed for a short period of time, but only if he keeps spinning his hoops...

I dunno, I was kinda let down with this chapter, especially since the whole Touta trying to meet with "Kitty" once again thing never really grabbed me all that much. Ken skips over a potential fight scene in one page to get to that in the next chapter, so I guess we'll see how their reunion turns out next week.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GhostStalker posted:

New chapter out.

So Touta having to megaman the spells of his enemies to use Magia Erebea confirmed, though he can keep spells fired at him absorbed for a short period of time, but only if he keeps spinning his hoops...

I dunno, I was kinda let down with this chapter, especially since the whole Touta trying to meet with "Kitty" once again thing never really grabbed me all that much. Ken skips over a potential fight scene in one page to get to that in the next chapter, so I guess we'll see how their reunion turns out next week.

This entire challenge feels kinda....wimpy. Trumped up and then skipped. Disappointing, really.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I like that Ishkar is a bro. :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silento posted:

I like that Ishkar is a bro. :3:

It's a time honored Negima tradition that with few exceptions everyone is ultimately pretty chill and not constantly out for blood.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Going back to Kyoto you have an entire army of summoned demons basically telling Kaede and co "that was sick, let's throw down again some time."

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Going back to Kyoto you have an entire army of summoned demons basically telling Kaede and co "that was sick, let's throw down again some time."

Didn't they offer to go drinking with Mana and Ku Fei next time as they were disappearing, only for Mana to say that they were all underage (but since when has that stopped some of the girls in Negima from drinking)? Man, I miss Ken putting in little touches like that in his dialogue...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Double post, but new chapter out.

Loved this chapter. Even without Dana pretending to be Eva in the beginning, the stuff we see at the end is the Dark Evangel through and through. Also, Kirie continues to be a great Chisame replacement, what with her snarking on Touta's crush on Kitty/Yukihime.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Wait, could we get an explaination here?"
"The castle has this weird thing with time and space, so I was going to see young Yukihime for the first time in 287 years."
"AN EXPLAINATION THAT MAKES SENSE! :mad:"

:allears: :allears:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well this has felt kind of lack luster. Seeing the Dark Evangel in action might be worth it though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Akamatsu's art has gotten really good.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
More Evangeline in any form please.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Great art, agreed. The chapter felt shorter than usual.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

New chapter out.

Man, Eva being dere like that was really cute, but the best part is still the Eva we know and love.

I assume that the swordswoman that she froze and shattered was some sort of Shinmei-ryu user, what with the katana and her looking kinda like Setsuna. Probably a many times removed ancestor of some sort of the swordswomen we know from Negima.

Touta being able to actually interact with her through a time observation window set up by Dana despite her warning seems to be another sign of how OP Touta is, though I guess seeing him interact with the Dark Evangel after she killed someone possibly Shinmei related was pretty worth it. Even if messing with time is always a bad idea, doubly so if Dana is warning you off. Wonder if she'll actually remember any of this, and what Touta'll make of it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
CR seems to be down.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

CR seems to be down.

Rather, just the manga half of it. Weird. Oh well, perhaps things will be different in the morning.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Noooooo Eva... :smith:

You have to do it, Touta. You have to bring her smile back!! :unsmith:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
CR is still down...

Also yesssss, Do the impossible, break the unbreakable. Make Eva happy you fucker

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Can't we just go back to her being "Evangeline?"

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Grimace posted:

Can't we just go back to her being "Evangeline?"

She's been "Kitty" since like chapter 112 of Negima. Or whenever it was Albeiro showed up.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

She's been "Kitty" since like chapter 112 of Negima. Or whenever it was Albeiro showed up.

That was just like one guy. Everyone else called her Evangeline the entire time.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Grimace posted:

That was just like one guy. Everyone else called her Evangeline the entire time.

Negi called her Master!
:goonsay:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

CR is still down...

Sorry, it was up when I read the chapter and posted it last night. Seems to still be borked even now, but people seem to have found a way to read it despite that.

Also, I miss Eva being referred to as such, but I also miss the over the top nicknames she had as the Dark Evangel. Kitty was funny when Al was using it, but Touta calling her that doesn't really gel all that well with me that much still.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 10, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well, I don't think he's ever actually called her Eva, and he certainly seemed reluctant to call her Yukihime for whatever reason.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hey, can't blame him for trying to compartmentalize that mess.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
CR manga finally up.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eva is cute.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm jealous of you people who can get the CR reader to work.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm jealous of you people who can get the CR reader to work.

The app works better than the one on the website in my experience.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It was bad today but I've usually not had any problems with the CR reader.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I've never had a real problem with the reader other than I tend to visit the minute after chapters are loaded because it's the end of my work shift and the chapters aren't visible so I have to manually type the chapter in to the url.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

I've never had a real problem with the reader other than I tend to visit the minute after chapters are loaded because it's the end of my work shift and the chapters aren't visible so I have to manually type the chapter in to the url.

Yeah, that happens to me too. I usually just click on the last chapter link I posted in thread and manually change the chapter number. Only problem is when CR's simulpub fucks up and the chapter is late or something. Then I usually spend a couple minutes trying to futz around on the chapter screen before I realize its CR loving up and not me.

Oh, and the ad load-in on the chapter seems to cause a momentary freeze of a couple of seconds in my browser on my lovely computer despite the fact that I'm running Adblock Pro as it tries to figure out what to do.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 10, 2015

• Locked thread