Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Anyone know of a list of all diamond locations on your different base struts? Figure I'll wait until then and just collect them all at the same time since I'm not in need of money at the moment but I do want to see all the nooks and crannies the team decided to hide them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Snak posted:

For real, can I use it to silently take out radio equipment? (the indoor ones, not the dishes)

Yes

Supposedly if you shoot it at the crotches of guys who are knocked out they'll be too embarrassed to call it in when they wake up but I haven't tried that yet

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Vengarr posted:

You can't Fulton them until you develop the Parasite suit. You can't use them as soldiers or anything, the only value they have is to harvest their parasites so you can make temporary use of their abilities.

Does it have any effect on the Man on Fire? I really want to test that.

You get mocked over the radio for trying it

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

it stuns the Skulls

Is it bad that I tried to fight the Man on Fire with it?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
What exactly causes save files to become corrupt?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Always Be Cfultoning.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do you deal with mission 45? This is complete garbage

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Vengarr posted:

You can't Fulton them until you develop the Parasite suit. You can't use them as soldiers or anything, the only value they have is to harvest their parasites so you can make temporary use of their abilities.

Yes. Someone says over the codec "IT'S WORKING!!!" but it really doesn't work at all. It doesn't stun him out of attacks I think, and it does stun him a little if you get him in the head. It doesn't help with the battle against him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy poo poo if you play "Recorded in the toilet" over your idroid speaker while hiding in an outhouse, any guards about to open the door to look for you will decide against it and leave you alone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh my god I can give DD combat doggles disors(?)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Oh also if you shoot guys in the face with the water pistol a few times they get blinded for a second or two. Their arrow turns blue like if they're stun or smoke grenaded. Easy to do in reflex mode if you're close enough.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

redreader posted:

Yes. Someone says over the codec "IT'S WORKING!!!" but it really doesn't work at all. It doesn't stun him out of attacks I think, and it does stun him a little if you get him in the head. It doesn't help with the battle against him.

If you shoot him with several clips it will work on him. Also you can squirt water on electrical equipment like the radios that will quietly destroy them.

Also you can squirt it on people's pants when they are tranqed and if they wake up they wont radio in to HQ because they're embarrassed they pissed themselves.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Vengarr posted:

skeet skeet

e: but to really make my dreams come true I'd have to tranquilize her??

Edit: I want to rape her, by the way.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vengarr posted:

Some folks are reporting that it works, but takes a ton (~100) of hits with it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

redreader posted:

I've done every single mission apart from 48 and 50. I've done 46. Is there any more 'ending' to the game or have I seen it all? Just a spoiler-free yes/no would be good.
Yes. 45 and 46 are all you have for story.

BUT don't forget to watch the cut content ending on youtube that explains what the gently caress happened with Eli and the Metal Gear.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

You get the ability to do so from a later mission. You'll be explicitly told when it is possible. Cheers OP

The Parasite Suit memo is sort of misleading since it says you need Skull parasites to develop the suit or something. I assume if I've got Code Talker I can develop the suit whenever then, yes?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Some folks are reporting that it works, but takes a ton (~100) of hits with it.

That just sounds like people trying to trick other people into wasting their time

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It takes at least one thousand water squirts to defeat Volgin, but the reward is well worth it, I assure you.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

It's criminal that any content was cut from this gem, but Konami.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Danaru posted:

Holy poo poo if you play "Recorded in the toilet" over your idroid speaker while hiding in an outhouse, any guards about to open the door to look for you will decide against it and leave you alone

You can trick suspicious guards with animal call tapes too.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I found a tape of a guy shouting something like "I totally got him, guys!" in Afrikaans. Can't wait to use it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Manatee Cannon posted:

That just sounds like people trying to trick other people into wasting their time

If you shoot Quiet with it ten thousand times her clothes fall off.

I know this because my dad used to work at Konami because he is Hideo Kojima

E. Actually that is something he would do, the randy old gently caress

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 9, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

randombattle posted:

Also you can squirt it on people's pants when they are tranqed and if they wake up they wont radio in to HQ because they're embarrassed they pissed themselves.

Okay I have to know if this one is true.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
here's what the guide says about man on fire vs. water pistol:

you can shoot him ~50 times to stun him for 30 seconds, which means you can then shoot the floating boy or escape.

so it doesn't precisely kill him but i guess you can fulton him if you can stun the boy while man on fire is stunned or something. idk

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If you shoot him 100 times with the water gun and then throw a smoke grenade into the truck, you can catch a Lv. 100 Mew that knows Hyper Beam.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone been to Camp Omega again yet or was that cut?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oops, I used Quiet on mission 29 last night :ohdear: Anyone know when the corruption makes itself known?

Skoll posted:

It was extremely and brutally cut.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Now I've sorted out the FOB defences it's annoying that I can't post a gamertag and say come at me bros.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I am on a mission (Side op, as it were) and I see the yellow circle saving icon, am I safe to quit? Does it put me back in-world more or less right where I am?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'm really sad you can't put an underbarrel shotgun on the automatic shotgun.

Skoll posted:

Cut

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 9, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Someone remake that one f-zero rage post but substitute mission 45 and you have how I feel right now.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

a cop posted:

Oops, I used Quiet on mission 29 last night :ohdear: Anyone know when the corruption makes itself known?

It was extremely and brutally cut.

Well that loving sucks.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

net cafe scandal posted:

The Parasite Suit memo is sort of misleading since it says you need Skull parasites to develop the suit or something. I assume if I've got Code Talker I can develop the suit whenever then, yes?

You can develop the actual suit without any parasites, but to research the canisters that actually let you use Skull abilities, you need parasites.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

a cop posted:

I had heard with the mission 42 thing, it made new story missions not come up. Not sure if that's accurate or not. Also heard several people used Quiet in 29 without issues, so my guess is if more story missions come along, you'll be fine. Just make sure not to use Quiet in 42 at least. Just hearsay guesswork/wetwork though. Maybe mission 42 is more likely to corrupt the save.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Heavy Metal posted:

I had heard with the mission 42 thing, it made new story missions not come up. Not sure if that's accurate or not. Also heard several people used Quiet in 29 without issues, so my guess is if more story missions come along, you'll be fine. Just make sure not to use Quiet in 42 at least. Just hearsay guesswork/wetwork though. Maybe mission 42 is more likely to corrupt the save.

Cool thanks for the info. I've gotten more missions so hopefully I'm fine!

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Mission 45 tips

You should supply drop a better launcher if you have one. There's additional rocket ammo scattered around the upper floors of the palace. Best way I found to deal with the incoming armor is to stay inside and take a quick shot from a window, duck back behind a wall, then immediately move to a new window before taking another shot. Some of the tanks can one shot you, and they will if you stick in one place for too long. Quiet should deal with most of the infantry on her own. If you see a tight grouping of infantry you should probably rocket them as well if you get the chance.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Considering the extreme consequences for failure, does anyone know what happens when you succeed in infiltrating a nuclear FOB? I mean as in, is it still "get to the core" as your objective or is there somewhere else you need to get to? If your opponent has more than one nuke, does it remove them all or just one and can they nuke you in the case of the latter? And are there any bonus rewards for doing so? I'd expect a pretty drat hefty heroism boost considering the risk, but seeing how lopsided invasions usually are in defenders favor, it's probably no wonder why I struggle to find any concrete information about it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

bewilderment posted:

Hahaha, regarding the spoiler thing on the medical strut:

When you get access to it, check out the layout of the building, and the layout of the room. Try to keep the spatial dimensions in mind.

Now, bearing that in mind, go outside and try to find where you think that interior fits. Where should the window be? Where does the door go?
(There's even a tiny little easter egg/decoration that you can see)
I'm not seeing it, but I'm curious. What is it? I've seen various vents that look kind of like the vent window inside the room, not noticing anything in particular.

By the way, anybody know when more Wandering Mother Base Soldier side ops are unlocked? Only had 3 so far, been a while since I got one.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm not seeing it, but I'm curious. What is it? I've seen various vents that look kind of like the vent window inside the room, not noticing anything in particular.

By the way, anybody know when more Wandering Mother Base Soldier side ops are unlocked? Only had 3 so far, been a while since I got one.

Progress the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The guards are really on point, I fire one suppressed sniper round to put their buddy to sleep and some chump on the other side of the map sees me instantly. Fighting the spetznaz now I guess.

• Locked thread