Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
lol idc man made love @ u bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

a better lover

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

more polite and gentle. not selfish and unsatisfying

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

toggle posted:

bill gates is a better dad and husband imo

also a better person

microsoft will just be a footnote in bill gates' legacy of philanthropy. steve jobs' legacy is that he kept all his money and died before finishing the world's ugliest yacht. lmao

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

lol silcone valey!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Goatfather posted:

also a better person

microsoft will just be a footnote in bill gates' legacy of philanthropy. steve jobs' legacy is that he kept all his money and died before finishing the world's ugliest yacht. lmao

lol

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Brennan-Jobs :shrug:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Goatfather posted:

also a better person

In all seriousness I didn't ilke the guy when he was alive, at all. I thought he was a complete dickhead.

I guess enough time has passed I can go back to saying that.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Steve, however, publicly denied paternity after she was born, which led to a legal case. Even after a DNA test established him as her father, Steve continued to deny it.

lol

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

whatsr your deal she seems like a fine young woman why are u

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i instantly belch whenever hear that mac turn on sound. very embarrassing

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

fruitarian diet

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

turtlenecks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

toggle posted:

fruitarian diet

I am God, fruit can cure my cancer because I say so

::dies::

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

what is thi

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

toggle posted:

fruitarian diet

heres another fun thing

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/29/steve-jobs-fruitarian-diet-lands-ashton-kutcher-in-the-hospital/

quote:

Ashton Kutcher spent time in the hospital after going on one of Steve Jobs’ infamous fruitarian diets to prepare for a new role in a biopic featuring the late Apple CEO.
First of all, the fruitarian diet can lead to, like, some severe issues. I ended up in the hospital like two days before we started shooting the movie. I was, like, doubled over in pain,” Kutcher said to reporters at the Sundance Film Festival, according to Mashable. “My pancreas levels were completely out of whack, which was really terrifying … considering everything.” (Jobs died after a long battle with pancreatic cancer in October 2011.)

jobs might have killed himself with his own stupid childish diet. lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Steve was obsessed with having a car without plates.

Thanks to California law you can go 3 months without a plate, so Steve would just trade in and buy a new car every few months.

The dealership loved it too since they were able to sell the car at a premium to techies.

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 10, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

he was the original rebel :drat:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

he did it all!

(except raise his child) lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol forgot about dis pic

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

toggle posted:

he did it all!

(except raise his child) lmao

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

but he found pixar which 'fathered' alot of childrean movies, so he sort of knocked that one out of the park

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gently caress da Mods posted:

but he found pixar which 'fathered' alot of childrean movies, so he sort of knocked that one out of the park

and those movies are a real blessing for absentee dads on visitation too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gently caress da Mods posted:

lol once again how did have anything to do with company's success and creativity. He only started to crow about his investment in Pixar when it had breakout success as a movie making company.

http://alvyray.com/pixar/PixarHistoryRevisited.htm

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Mange Mite posted:

lmao

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
hack the planet imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

But AAPLs stock is doing incredibly well especially compared to the rest of the market

lol

-10.31% in the last 6 mo and their poo poo started going down before the dow jones industrial average started going

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 10, 2015

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Mange Mite posted:

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Mooktastical posted:

Now alone, Brennan was on welfare and cleaning houses to earn money. She would sometimes ask Jobs for money but he always refused. Brennan hid her pregnancy for as long as she could, living in a variety of homes, and continuing her work with Zen meditation. At the same time, according to Brennan, Jobs "started to seed people with the notion that I slept around and he was infertile, which meant that this could not be his child." A few weeks before she was due, Brennan was invited to have her baby at the All One Farm in Oregon and Brennan accepted the offer.[1]

At the age of 24, Brennan gave birth to her baby, Lisa Brennan on May 17, 1978.[1][5] Jobs initially did not come up for the birth. He eventually did so after he was contacted by Robert Friedland, their mutual friend and owner of the All One Farm. While distant, Jobs worked with her on a name for the baby, which they discussed sitting in the fields on a blanket. Brennan suggested the name "Lisa" which Jobs also liked and notes that Jobs was very attached to the name "Lisa" while he "was also publicly denying paternity." She would discover later that during this time, Jobs was preparing to unveil a new kind of computer that he wanted to give a female name (his first choice was "Claire" after St. Clare). She also states that she never gave him permission to use the baby's name for a computer and he hid the plans from her. Jobs also worked with his team to come up with the phrase, “Local Integrated Software Architecture" as an alternative explanation for the Apple Lisa[9] (decades later, however, Jobs admitted to his biographer Walter Isaacson that "obviously, it was named for my daughter"[10]).

Brennan did explore adoption both before and after Lisa's birth, but ultimately decided to keep Lisa and become a single parent. Once, while staying with friends in the Bay Area, Jobs stopped by to see her. Brennan states that they went for a walk when Jobs said to her, “I am really sorry. I’ll be back, this thing with Apple will be over when I’m about thirty. I am really, really sorry.”[1] Around the same time, she met with Kobun who distanced himself from her and did not fulfill his promise to help her once the baby was born.[1]

Brennan would come under intense criticism from Jobs who claimed that “she doesn’t want money, she just wants me.”[1] According to Brennan, Apple's Mike Scott wanted Jobs to give her money, while other Apple executives "advised him to ignore me or fight if I tried to go after a paternity settlement."[1] Brennan also notes that later, after Jobs was forced out of Apple, "he apologized many times over for this behavior. He said that he never took responsibility when he should have, and that he was sorry."[1] By this time, Jobs had developed a strong relationship with Lisa who wanted her name changed and Jobs agreed. So he had had her birth certificate changed and her name shifted from Lisa Brennan to Lisa Brennan-Jobs.[11]

When Lisa was still a baby and Jobs continued to deny paternity, a DNA test was given that established him as Lisa's father. It required him to give Brennan $385 a month in addition to returning the money she had received from welfare. Jobs gave her $500 a month at the time when Apple went public, and Jobs became a millionaire. Brennan worked as a waitress in Palo Alto. Later, Brennan agreed to give an interview with Michael Moritz for Time Magazine. It would be for its 1982 Time Person of the Year special (released on January 3, 1983). She also decided to be honest about what had happened between her and Jobs. The issue that resulted had a lifelong impact on Brennan. Rather than give Jobs the "Person of the Year" award, the issue was called "Machine of the Year: The Computer Moves In."[12] In the issue, Jobs questioned the reliability of the paternity test (which stated that the "probability of paternity for Jobs, Steven... is 94.1%").[13] Jobs responded by arguing that "28% of the male population of the United States could be the father."[1][13] Time also noted that "the baby girl and the machine on which Apple has placed so much hope for the future share the same name: Lisa."[13] After this issue, Brennan "didn’t pay much attention to Steve’s career again." [1]

Over the years, however, Brennan and Jobs developed a working relationship to co-parent Lisa, particularly after he was forced out of Apple. Brennan credits the change in him to the influence of his newly found biological sister, Mona Simpson, who worked to repair the relationship between Lisa and Jobs.[1]

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

lol

-10.31% in the last 6 mo and their poo poo started going down before the dow jones industrial average started going

If you invested in a SP500 fund instead of chasing a hot tech stock like Apple you would only be -2.32% YTD.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

lol

How much have you made shorting AAPL?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can someone synopsis this bullshit thread into why jobs is a bad guy. aint readin 25 pages wtf

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tuyop posted:

How much have you made shorting AAPL?

none i aint fuckin around with the tech bubble

money made shorting the ruble and the yuan though? new mazda son

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ethanol posted:

16:10 is the best you monkeys

it's the god drat golden ratio of monitors

4:3 is better for small screens, because you can't really put two programs side by side and you need vertical pixels more in one fullscreened program. 16:10 is good only if it's 1080p at least

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

Can someone synopsis this bullshit thread into why jobs is a bad guy. aint readin 25 pages wtf

He was abusive dickish boss who also suffered from a messiah complex and never felt guilt after loving people over.

Also died due to taking west coast miracle cures for cancer instead of seeking legit medical treatment.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
i like how iOS doesn't let you download or manage files. very useful on a $950 pro tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Mange Mite posted:

thats the charge plug, to charge the battery in your $100 pencil

Which apparently, you charge by plugging it into the bottom of your iPhone/iPad perpendicularly? That's going to last.

• Locked thread