Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

I guess Worthy is making the team

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Maybe James made the team? :unsmith:

bondster
May 6, 2007

bhsman posted:

Maybe James made the team? :unsmith:

Apparently not according to his twitter :smith:

EDIT: https://twitter.com/ShutDownCB1

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well there's the player they make you think is going to overcome the odds and make it and then welp

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I enjoy that pretty much every player they followed this season didn't even make the team

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't know who we're keeping anymore

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't know who we're keeping anymore

Kendall Lamm and Keshawn Martin for some loving reason

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I'm pretty sure KMart has some kind of magic token which grants him immunity to cutting.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Gonna be a sad episode come Tuesday.

Usually at least one of the lots of airtime rookies gets through. I just wanted to see CJ get some touches at RB during the season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Covington got through, he was the one who had all the Game of Thrones books

Of course, he was actually drafted

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Covington got through, he was the one who had all the Game of Thrones books

Of course, he was actually drafted

Covington has also looked amazing so far. As for guys like Lamm and Martin staying, all I can say is that any ensuing waiver claims could change that with some depth issues still on the 53; Savage going on IR actually made me upset because he can't do stuff like sit in on meetings and stuff.

EDIT: Charles James got picked up by Baltimore.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 6, 2015

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Daric posted:

I enjoy that pretty much every player they followed this season didn't even make the team

JJ Watt got traded to New England for a third and seventh rounder.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

bhsman posted:

EDIT: Charles James got picked up by Baltimore.

This is cool and good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami signed EZ to their practice squad.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Miami signed EZ to their practice squad.

Hopefully he gets invited to some fun antics with those guys from Ballers

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

He's going to cape canaveral to learn more about space.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The entire team has a crush on Carli Lloyd. :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
EZ wanted to talk to Carli Lloyd :3:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

CaptainYesterday posted:

The entire team has a crush on Carli Lloyd. :allears:

Can't say I blame them :swoon:

I know we all love fat guy TDs, but I could totally get down with more fat guy FGs too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
She knew what she was doing

She is absolutely adorable though. Dont blame EZ a single bit

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay Texans goons you guys rule. Im sorry I doubted this would be an awesome show

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
An episode of Entourage has broken out.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Christian is easily my favorite rookie this year, other than maybe K-Jo. :3:

EDIT: Fuuuuuck they're showing his socks as he walks in. The saddest pair of socks. :smith:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Charles James playing CB against Hopkins in the HOU v. BAL divisional game that decides who advances to the playoffs. Final play of the game, Savage throws a long arcing pass to the corner of the end zone. Hopkins leaps into the air to grab the ball, Charles James pushes Hopkins out of bounds. The pass is incomplete, a turnover on downs. Charles James rips his socks off and throws them on Hopkins prone body, its the same pair of socks that Rick Smith had on his table during their final phone call.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 9, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rabble posted:

Charles James playing CB against Hopkins in the HOU v. BAL divisional game that decides who advances to the playoffs. Final play of the game, Savage throws a long arcing pass to the corner of the end zone. Hopkins leaps into the air to grab the ball, Charles James pushes Hopkins out of bounds. The pass is incomplete, a turnover on downs. Charles James rips his socks off and throws them on Hopkins prone body, its the same pair of socks that Rick Smith had on his table during their final phone call.

Not to stop you mid-:fap: but Savage is on IR this year.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Glad to see Brown make a 53 man finally, and at least get to suit up for live play.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
This was a pretty good season.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

bhsman posted:

Not to stop you mid-:fap: but Savage is on IR this year.

The whole year!?!

Fine...Hoyer throws the ball, but now there's a 50% chance of pick 6.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mughe posted:

I liked how all the rookies that were featured got cut but all ended up on teams anyway. Cool and good season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I enjoyed the season as well. The thread too. EZ was great, Charles James was great, the stuff involving Wilfork was fantastic. Cushing is a douche, and Watt has dedication that's aligned with being the best at something.

Thank you for all the laughs, Houston (and fan)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Mughe posted:

Worth it if only for the last 30 seconds.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

warcrimes posted:

I liked how all the rookies that were featured got cut but all ended up on teams anyway. Cool and good season.

Labhart :smith:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

BOB put it pretty well when talking about Charles James, his deficiencies really did show through in that last preseason game. I didn't realize how undersized he was til seeing that lowlight reel.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

BOB put it pretty well when talking about Charles James, his deficiencies really did show through in that last preseason game. I didn't realize how undersized he was til seeing that lowlight reel.

Yeah, I didn't realize he was only 5'9. Jumal Rolle, the guy the Texans kept over him, is 6ft.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

He should try wearing all his socks at once, to gain 1 or 2 inches

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Great season of hard knocks. O'Brien, Vrabel and Wilfork all shined really brightly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm glad they showed, by far, the two best players on the team last.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I was hoping for more QB screen time, but yeah, really enjoyable season. It helps when the Rookies/low roster guys are fun because they get highlighted a lot.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Labhart's winning already though- part of A&M's insane year, super cool chill wife and a career probably coaching ahead of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

Labhart's winning already though- part of A&M's insane year, super cool chill wife and a career probably coaching ahead of him.

She's stepping out on him with his best friend though.

• Locked thread