Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I pray every time I get on the field that I'm not injured and my aspirations to be a professional athlete aren't ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

chicks booze sports GO PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
nah man coach says i just gotta turn in a paragraph at the end of the semester and get my b plus

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the MVP on my team and I am struggling through, scraping every penny I can together.

Meanwhile the coach screaming in my face about how I'm a loser human being queer pussy is getting paid millions of dollars.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I am cool and have sex

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
WHY DID I CHOOSE CURLING

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i love my concussion

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i love how people really care about this poo poo like, its their god drat choice to play basket hoops or ballfoot

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
im so glad when fat internet nerds speak out in my defense. i dont knwo what id do without a bunch of white people calling me a slave

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

*whole town sticks up for me, my rape victims get hounded out*

Back to the RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

*can't spell athleet*

*goes to georgia tech*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

happyhippy posted:

RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

*whole town sticks up for me, my rape victims get hounded out*

Back to the RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLJZw9Ws-g

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Uses status to have sex with girls even though the only time i'm off the bench is during practice

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I was promised by my recruiters that Their Coach is one of the best in the country, and the opportunity to play for him and his team is a once in a lifetime chance. I'm really excited for my future!

... oh wait, coach left for a higher paying job right after I started, guess I'm stuck here playing for some random rear end in a top hat. Welp, farewell dreams :unsmith:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
"What's an MCL? That's like a sprain, right?"

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Why won't anyone pay me money???? Free schooling is for nerds!!!!! I'm gonna form a union!!!!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
free 'schooling' that is poo poo tier and costs the college nothing yeah that's totally an amazing deal until the school puts you in a bunch of fake paper grade classes and gives you a worthless degree

such a stupid argument when NCAA pulls in millions just from the march madness poo poo alone and the kid in the book store selling the jersey gets $10/hr, which is $10/hr more than the athlete whose jersey it is

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I do not think college athletes should be paid, but they shouldnt NOT be able to make money, like yeah dont let the schools pay them cause then everything would go to heck, but gently caress man, if dude wants to sign a deal with Adidas or something why the gently caress not

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

I do not think college athletes should be paid, but they shouldnt NOT be able to make money, like yeah dont let the schools pay them cause then everything would go to heck, but gently caress man, if dude wants to sign a deal with Adidas or something why the gently caress not

because then the NCAA wont have exclusive rights to the likeness of college athletes for all of their merch and video game/tv deals

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why would it all go to heck though just make schools with coaches who get paid over $250k/yr have to give athletes a certain percentage of the coach's pay. So if your coach makes $500,000 the athletes on the team should all get like $10-20k/yr or something reasonable. If they can't afford it then gee maybe stop building giant massive gently caress off stadium complexes and paying coaches millions of dollars.

or just give them all $10/hr what's wrong with that. Extra few hundred bucks a month per athlete is gonna collapse the whole system?

take hugely profitable D1 schools and make them pay in a certain % of profits to subsidize pay for athletes in schools not making that money.

there's all kinds of solutions, the thing is the NCAA doesn't want solutions they want their $$$$$$$$$. they'd rather take their ball and go home and not give EA any licensing rights rather than let athletes get fairly compensated for poo poo like that.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 10, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i go to the university of alabama and if they paid athletes just a fraction of the money this loving school makes on a big game then everyone on the team would be set lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

i go to the university of alabama and if they paid just a fraction of the money this loving school makes on a big game then everyone on the team would be set lol

that's what i'm saying it's such bullshit how much money flows through college sports but ~for some reason~ paying athletes at least what the kid working in the cafeteria or book shop gets will collapse the whole system

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm just in it for the free crab legs.

Wait, what do you mean the crab legs weren't free?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

*shoots a hoop*

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

*studies and trains hard*

*has a good life*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im so hungry

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chinatown posted:

im so hungry

Just eat the next person you rape!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I should be paid to do my sport because reasons even though I get free tutoring and am pretty much guaranteed to pass no matter how poo poo I am in my studies.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

PathAsc posted:

I should be paid to do my sport because reasons even though I get free tutoring and am pretty much guaranteed to pass no matter how poo poo I am in my studies.

Or at least until college ends or my knees give out, in that case I know a nice bridge to chug nyquil and sleep under.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PathAsc posted:

because 'free tutoring' is there regardless it's called student facilities and the school pays for them whether or not you're an athlete and also 'because reasons' = because the NCAA makes millions and millions of dollars while the athletes who make all the money struggle to get by

people are so loving retarded. like ooooh FREE SCHOOL but what is the actual value of the schooling? What does it actually cost the school in terms of marginal costs to add 1 more student? loving nothing at all. Do you even get a decent degree? Nope, it's always some bullshit libarts degree that you'll never get a job with.

Goons in one thread go 'non-STEM degrees are worse than useless now' and in another go 'at least you get a free lib arts degree' like what fools?

you admit in your own post that the schooling is worthless (if you are guaranteed to pass no matter how poo poo you are in your bullshit classes...) but that the schooling is the compensation. idiot.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 10, 2015

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

gently caress da Mods posted:

I am cool and have sex

Please ask first.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I've been absent from most of my classes because of practice and away games but still pass

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

because 'free tutoring' is there regardless it's called student facilities and the school pays for them whether or not you're an athlete and also 'because reasons' = because the NCAA makes millions and millions of dollars while the athletes who make all the money struggle to get by

people are so loving retarded. like ooooh FREE SCHOOL but what is the actual value of the schooling? What does it actually cost the school in terms of marginal costs to add 1 more student? loving nothing at all. Do you even get a decent degree? Nope, it's always some bullshit libarts degree that you'll never get a job with.

Goons in one thread go 'non-STEM degrees are worse than useless now' and in another go 'at least you get a free lib arts degree' like what fools?

you admit in your own post that the schooling is worthless (if you are guaranteed to pass no matter how poo poo you are in your bullshit classes...) but that the schooling is the compensation. idiot.

There are far more student athletes that take their education seriously than there are ones with a full course load of basket weaving and _______ studies. They just play sports that aren't on ESPN.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lol ur better at making these than I am

EDIT: I added my own lil thing though hope ur not mad

Nooner fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 10, 2015

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

woah

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot