Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Amppelix posted:

Alright, I've identified the Worst Thing about MGS4, and it's not boobs.
You didn't go into the photo session mode with the bosses then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
I like when Mei Ling is explaining the mission, drops something and just decides to end the briefing on all fours looking back at the player with her bum in the air. Real empowering moment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Quiet's cage at Mother Base is so silly with how it's just shy of a strip-club between her idle animations and blaring 80's music.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Well I finished it (and it was great!) One question though: why, exactly, did Solid and Liquid have a fantastic fist fight scene at the end? It seems like they both wanted the same thing anyway and it was accomplished. And then they fight? I guess it was cool which is what the franchise runs on anyway.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Amppelix posted:

And then they fight? I guess it was cool which is what the franchise runs on anyway.
The very last boss being a fist fight is a thing in MG (sorta), MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 (4 actually goes through the GUIs of the earlier games during the fight). I hate all of them, those matches alone easily account for a quarter of deaths in my playthroughs and there are no saves or checkpoints before them.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

The very last boss being a fist fight is a thing in MG (sorta), MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 (4 actually goes through the GUIs of the earlier games during the fight). I hate all of them, those matches alone easily account for a quarter of deaths in my playthroughs and there are no saves or checkpoints before them.

Yeah I know that, I'm saying the fight lacks story justification and is just there because it's cool.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Amppelix posted:

Yeah I know that, I'm saying the fight lacks story justification and is just there because it's cool.

So basically you already know why it's there. Also because videogames.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sometimes guys just have to take their shirts off and punch each other.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Kojima can't see a grand finale without a fist fight the same way Mr. Garrison couldn't imagine his IT without a handle that went up the driver's anus.

homeless snail posted:

Sometimes guys just have to take their shirts off and punch each other.
Only the best do with with a ticking bomb in the background.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Big Mamas cleavage was a lot worse than Naomi, IMO

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Igiari posted:

I like when Mei Ling is explaining the mission, drops something and just decides to end the briefing on all fours looking back at the player with her bum in the air. Real empowering moment.

Thats fantastic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Butts are good too

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Amppelix posted:

Alright, I've identified the Worst Thing about MGS4,

During any of the B&B fights, when she's in beauty mode, just run away from her for a few minutes without killing her.

You're welcome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Amppelix posted:

Well I finished it (and it was great!) One question though: why, exactly, did Solid and Liquid have a fantastic fist fight scene at the end? It seems like they both wanted the same thing anyway and it was accomplished. And then they fight? I guess it was cool which is what the franchise runs on anyway.

The world's saved, everyone else is dead or arrested, but they still have beef with eachother so... gently caress it, let's wrassle!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Amppelix posted:

mgs4.txt

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I'm having issue to use my ps3 pad on win10.
I installed motionjoy etc.. and did all the shenanigans and it is properly recognized in the app. I can do the vibration test just fine however no games (GTA5 or Mad Max) recognize the pad and let me use it for some reason?
Does anyone know what should I do?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I haven't used MotionJoy, but this has worked flawlessly for me since I started using it.

Edit: I should mention I just plug it in with a USB cable instead of trying to get the bluetooth nonsense to work.

ZombieApostate fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 12, 2015

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Le0 posted:

I installed motionjoy

You hosed up.

MotionInJoy has a built-in rootkit (only because it's part of a driver - it'd never have the access it has otherwise - but that's entirely beside the point); it's mostly used to serve ads to the configuration thingy (which only works online because it's a rootkit) but it's still a huge unmonitored gaping hole in your security. Don't bother with alternate configuration utilities, because you'd still be using a driver from a dude who A) wants to shove ads in your eyeholes, and B) was willing to saddle you with a rootkit to do it.

Break out Windows Defender Offline and accept you might still lose anything you haven't backed up.

Then I guess do what ZombieApostate said?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Le0 posted:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I'm having issue to use my ps3 pad on win10.
I installed motionjoy etc.. and did all the shenanigans and it is properly recognized in the app. I can do the vibration test just fine however no games (GTA5 or Mad Max) recognize the pad and let me use it for some reason?
Does anyone know what should I do?
What you should do is immediately remove MotionJoy and run a virus scan.

Then set up the SCP Driver and run games perfectly with your DualShock 3: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
It's how I've been doing things since setting up this new PC at around the launch of Windows 10 (and for a year or so on Windows 7 on my previous PC) and it just works with very little setup.

edit: Whoops, I think me and ZombieApostate linked to basically the same thing from different sources.
Re: Bluetooth, I've had mine stall out and not take new inputs for a few seconds at a time, but I dunno if that's just my cheap-rear end bluetooth receiver. I always just play with it plugged in over USB anyway.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Ha, yeah, I think we linked the same thing in different places. Your instructions are probably easier to read... there's like 5 different versions for different setups at my link.

I'm sure the bluetooth stuff probably works, but it wouldn't work with my wifi/bluetooth card so I think I'd need a standalone bluetooth dongle and I just don't care that much. Keeping it plugged in keeps the controller charged anyways. :science:

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You hosed up.

MotionInJoy has a built-in rootkit (only because it's part of a driver - it'd never have the access it has otherwise - but that's entirely beside the point); it's mostly used to serve ads to the configuration thingy (which only works online because it's a rootkit) but it's still a huge unmonitored gaping hole in your security. Don't bother with alternate configuration utilities, because you'd still be using a driver from a dude who A) wants to shove ads in your eyeholes, and B) was willing to saddle you with a rootkit to do it.

Break out Windows Defender Offline and accept you might still lose anything you haven't backed up.

Then I guess do what ZombieApostate said?

Question Mark Mound posted:

What you should do is immediately remove MotionJoy and run a virus scan.

Then set up the SCP Driver and run games perfectly with your DualShock 3: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
It's how I've been doing things since setting up this new PC at around the launch of Windows 10 (and for a year or so on Windows 7 on my previous PC) and it just works with very little setup.

edit: Whoops, I think me and ZombieApostate linked to basically the same thing from different sources.
Re: Bluetooth, I've had mine stall out and not take new inputs for a few seconds at a time, but I dunno if that's just my cheap-rear end bluetooth receiver. I always just play with it plugged in over USB anyway.

ZombieApostate posted:

I haven't used MotionJoy, but this has worked flawlessly for me since I started using it.

Edit: I should mention I just plug it in with a USB cable instead of trying to get the bluetooth nonsense to work.

Thanks a lot guys, uninstalled motionjoy and installed this thing and it works perfectly! :eng101:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am not enjoying the beginning of darksiders very much does it get better as the game goes on or is it all samey gray ruined city sections and gray round combat arenas

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i am not enjoying the beginning of darksiders very much does it get better as the game goes on or is it all samey gray ruined city sections and gray round combat arenas
It doesn't

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Awesome! posted:

It does.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

The game really shined when you're a bit further in. The moment you say to yourself "hey, when did this turn into Castlevania/Zelda" is when you'll know you've hit that point. If it doesn't click for you at that point, I'd give up on it.

I recall it being underwhelming although I think I liked the art and the goofy grimdarkness 90s-ness which kept me going until that point. That's when I really started to enjoy it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Finally got around to installing a HDD in my sooper slim so I could download the Ratchet and Clank trilogy that I bought when it was on sale.

Its loving great and I guess that's why I never see the physical release anywhere for sale?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This seems like an impossible task, but I've been trying to find custom characters for 3D Dot Game Heroes. All the sites that used to host it, even the official one, are long gone. :(

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This seems like an impossible task, but I've been trying to find custom characters for 3D Dot Game Heroes. All the sites that used to host it, even the official one, are long gone. :(

Report back if you end up finding one. I shamefully haven't beaten it yet despite getting it at launch. It's one of those I play for 2 hours and go "oh yeah this is great" and then something new comes out and it fades back into the backlog

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I heard the Splinter Cell HD Collection was pretty buggy and choppy at launch for the first two games, was it ever patched?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought Rain because it was cheap and I thought it might be relaxing. Turns out all the text is displayed in the language the system is set to, but they didn't hire an actual translator so it's all "it began to raining" and that just made me stop playing before the game even started.

Catherine is pretty fun though. I just wish they released it as a puzzle game without all the story bits.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rain wasnt that good anyway youre not missing much

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Running into a weird problem. I bought Ni Nu Kuni or however it's spelled and I can't get it to install properly. I even switched to a wires connection, downloaded again (and much faster), but still running into the issue. The PS3 says the game installed correctly and even shows up as a normal game in the game section but doesn't launch outside "This game did not install correctly". Any ideas?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did you download both parts?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Catherine is pretty fun though. I just wish they released it as a puzzle game without all the story bits.

I would've played either Catherine game by itself. What a good game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Awesome! posted:

did you download both parts?

The hell? It doesn't even mentiom the need for two parts let alone indicating only part of the game installed but do see the additional 16 GB link in the store. Thanks for pointing it out. Any tricks outside "just download both and install, idiot"?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i installed it ages ago but i dont remember anything weird other than it being split up like that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dross posted:

For me the story was more of a "well...at least they tried" than anything I'd call good, but I do agree that the story does make the puzzle part better overall and it would be worse without it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Awesome! posted:

i installed it ages ago but i dont remember anything weird other than it being split up like that

Cool, thanks again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dross posted:

So far the animu bits have just bored the heck out of me. Maybe it gets better? (Probably not though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

There's an arcade machine in the bar that's just puzzles with no story so maybe just play that instead of advancing the story?

• Locked thread