Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Its like a CL ad from hell! :stare:

I'm just trying to tell the world what I've got, come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm just trying to tell the world what I've got, come on!

Some of us aren't just one-note car people. Branch out, sheeple.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I have no idea what the gently caress is even going on in this thread anymore. It's like trolling, counter trolling, fake trolling, counter-fake trolling, fake counter trolling... :psyduck:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress is even going on in this thread anymore. It's like trolling, counter trolling, fake trolling, counter-fake trolling, fake counter trolling... :psyduck:

Pretty much.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
beam trolling, otter trolling, side-by-side trolling, outrigger trolling, stern trolling...

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
On that trailblazer, isn't the fix a big thermostatically controlled electric fan and then you buy an efilive/hptuners credit and disable the check for that stupid fan clutch?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

beam trolling, otter trolling, side-by-side trolling, outrigger trolling, stern trolling...

So many layers. Like the most confusing and amazing onion.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Adiabatic posted:

outrigger trolling is a gay sex move

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I stopped on the way home to look at an NB mx5 and it didn't excite me on the slightest. Am I broken? Will I feel different when my garage is useable rather than packed full of poo poo and inaccessible?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cakefool posted:

I stopped on the way home to look at an NB mx5 and it didn't excite me on the slightest. Am I broken? Will I feel different when my garage is useable rather than packed full of poo poo and inaccessible?

:ssh: I've never thought miata's were all that exciting either.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

MustardFacial posted:

:ssh: I've never thought miata's were all that exciting either.

I absolutely agree, if you're talking about stock. To me they seem boring and slow.

Turbocharge them to make double-plus the stock horsepower, though, and you're talking about an entirely different, and exceedingly awesome, animal.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Miata's are about tossing it into a corner with reckless abandon.

Ugh... I have another 3 dumb weeks. :(

That said, Emilio's working on a fastback hardtop that will be available Q1 2016. :getin:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

mafoose posted:

On that trailblazer, isn't the fix a big thermostatically controlled electric fan and then you buy an efilive/hptuners credit and disable the check for that stupid fan clutch?

This is exactly what I'd do if I had one.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Things to not spray into eyes: carb cleaner.

Cakefool posted:

Nah, the NB's headlights are broken. If they don't flip up and down there's no fun.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
jeg tar meg en kopp kaffe og ser på jeg

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

meatpimp posted:

I absolutely agree, if you're talking about stock. To me they seem boring and slow.

Turbocharge them to make double-plus the stock horsepower, though, and you're talking about an entirely different, and exceedingly awesome, animal.

Exciting miata:

I've only ridden in stock Miata's. One of them had a roll cage but was still stock engine.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

I prefer klystron and traveling wave trolling over beam trolling, but a good beam power trolltrode can be used for a lot of things you wouldn't expect.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Adiabatic posted:

Boiled trolling, broiled trolling, troll soup, troll stew, troll gumbo, fried trolling...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

You lot are a bunch of dweebs. Outtrigger trolling is about an obscure Sega arcade FPS which had a Dreamcast release.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

88h88 posted:

You lot are a bunch of dweebs. Outtrigger trolling is about an obscure Sega arcade FPS which had a Dreamcast release.
I own a Land Rover. My outriggers trolled me into thinking they were solid metal.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Now that the driveway is done when are you gonna cage one of those porsches

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Some people spend $5000 for a pool, others buy asphalt.

I watched that for entirely too long, it was mesmerizing. (Edit: even more so when it's two thumbnails playing at once)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

MustardFacial posted:

Exciting miata:

I've only ridden in stock Miata's. One of them had a roll cage but was still stock engine.
That's the best miata I've ever seen.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Some people spend $5000 for a pool, others buy asphalt.

Can't drive in a pool.

Also, 2300 square feet. Ouch.

That's just 2" of base. Came out to 35 tons. It's getting 1.5" of top in the spring.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MustardFacial posted:

Exciting miata:

You did something cool with a Miata?!

....oh, wait...its just another V8.

Oh well.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Motronic posted:

Can't drive in a pool.

Untrue. Maybe can't drive out of a pool, but...

(also fits the Miata theme of this page)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Oh well.

I've posted about it before, but how about one with a built 26B?

Mad Mike's RADBUL owns bones.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

meatpimp posted:

I watched that for entirely too long, it was mesmerizing. (Edit: even more so when it's two thumbnails playing at once)

I watched too long before I realized there wasn't some comedy ending where something comes along and wrecks it all when they're about to finish.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Motronic posted:

Can't drive in a pool.

Also, 2300 square feet. Ouch.

That's just 2" of base. Came out to 35 tons. It's getting 1.5" of top in the spring.

When is the inaugural burnout mark?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Outrigger trolling is a excellent technique for catching mahi mahi down south of here!

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

You certainly sound like big-chain service shop management material, I'll give you that.

Meanwhile, in Kwik-Fit..

ATS near our office is staffed entirely by miserable cunts who seem to absolutely loathe their jobs and each other, and do everything begrudgingly.

I can't wait to go back for two more tyres.

Cakefool posted:

Quite the opposite. I've always found them dull, in every aspect. I have friends who rave about them like they're the best thing since sliced bread, but they're just not.

I did like the very direct and positive gearshift though. But otherwise, meh.

Tomorrow i need to pull the van's wishbones and press in new ball joints, pull the starter and clean/grease the nose gearbox, change the diesel filter and remove the serpentine belt and clean it up to stop it squealing. Of course after a day of clear blue skies and 25 degrees it's just started raining.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 11, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When is the inaugural burnout mark?

Too soft. That'd be an inaugural trench.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Too soft. That'd be an inaugural trench.

Can we come by and spraypaint our logos on the finished driveway like at the Nurburgring?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, I just got the last stripped bolt out of the GTIs head.

And I did it with a dremel. After dude broke the loving ez out and drilling no longer worked, I was kind of out of options. On a whim, I tried a dremel grinding bit. It worked, but it was slow. About four hours, total, but today it came out.

I dremeled all the way down inside the god drat head of that bolt, and it finally came off. What I forgot about was just how much loving pressure would be on it. I was grinding away, listening to a podcast...And then it sounded like a loving gun went off as the head of that bolt flew the gently caress off. Thankfully it hit the dremel and bounced back down, otherwise it would have been my face.

gently caress yes. Now I can start transferring poo poo to the other block, and start reassembling this car.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mooseykins posted:

Meanwhile, in Kwik-Fit..

ATS near our office is staffed entirely by miserable cunts who seem to absolutely loathe their jobs and each other, and do everything begrudgingly.

I can't wait to go back for two more tyres.

Quite the opposite. I've always found them dull, in every aspect. I have friends who rave about them like they're the best thing since sliced bread, but they're just not.

I did like the very direct and positive gearshift though. But otherwise, meh.

Tomorrow i need to pull the van's wishbones and press in new ball joints, pull the starter and clean/grease the nose gearbox, change the diesel filter and remove the serpentine belt and clean it up to stop it squealing. Of course after a day of clear blue skies and 25 degrees it's just started raining.

Ah that reminds me, the totem of hatred and anguish multipla is misbehaving, occasionally hard to get into first and second, other times it's fine, third and higher is always okay. Oil was changed recently, clutch engages 1/2 - 2/3 down and doesn't slip, what is that likely to be and how do I fix it? My wife loves this car.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

CommieGIR posted:

Oh well.

If I could drop a V8 into the GTI I would.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

A chode is in fact a dick that it is wider than it is long. Like most of you.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mooseykins posted:

I buy my tyres from Oponeo or somewhere, and get my local National Tyres to fit them.

Cakefool posted:

Ah that reminds me, the totem of hatred and anguish multipla is misbehaving, occasionally hard to get into first and second, other times it's fine, third and higher is always okay. Oil was changed recently, clutch engages 1/2 - 2/3 down and doesn't slip, what is that likely to be and how do I fix it? My wife loves this car.
Sounds to me like either the linkage for the 1-2 shift fork, or the synchro.

Also, check ya PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I was not murdered. Miatas interior was not in good shape, transmission felt odd, and there were a bunch of holes in the trunk lid suspiciously in the pattern of an auto zone wing. Passing on it. Same place also had a wj grand Cherokee that was in good shape except for the bullet hole in the bumper and the o2 sensor throwing a code. Oh well. :/

• Locked thread