Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Unormal posted:

I stuck a version with an early version of the overlay log up on the Beta branch. Go into UI Options to enable it, if you want to try it out. I'd appreciate feedback/ideas on what you'd like out of it.

Yes, thank you so freaking much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Unormal posted:

I stuck a version with an early version of the overlay log up on the Beta branch. Go into UI Options to enable it, if you want to try it out. I'd appreciate feedback/ideas on what you'd like out of it.

Big immediate improvement. Between that and "shift to display sidebar", I've got a new permanent setup with very minimal HUD as the default.

- Given that the log currently overlays the map, is there a hotkey to clear the log that may be obscuring important stuff on the map?
- Is there a hotkey to display the full log?
- Still unclear to me how old each message is and exactly what occurred since my latest turn, but this is great.

Cybermg
Jul 1, 2005
The cudgel skill Slam has a 100 turn cooldown. WTF!?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Cybermg posted:

The cudgel skill Slam has a 100 turn cooldown. WTF!?

Press 1 to instantly wait 100 turns :classiclol:

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Anything to do when a zone fails to build? I'm underground near red rock/waterlogged tunnel and have had two "Zone build failure:Cave" amid several dozen successful zones.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

bisonbison posted:

Anything to do when a zone fails to build? I'm underground near red rock/waterlogged tunnel and have had two "Zone build failure:Cave" amid several dozen successful zones.

You can wish for "rebuild" to have it try again.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I'm so confused, someone explain to me the science behind webs catching on fire when I hit them. It's not like I have a flaming weapon or anything.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Are you holding a torch in your off-hand?

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Ah yes that would be it. I didn't expect something like that to matter, nice touch.

Cybermg
Jul 1, 2005

Humans Among Us posted:

Press 1 to instantly wait 100 turns :classiclol:

I suppose it's not a terrible skill since it does a little extra damage as well, but I was expecting it to be a passive, possibly one which activates every attack (but can be saved against) given the skill's high cost. Very little is clear from the skill's description.

In any case, many of the other weapon skill trees have gotten revamps, and I imagine cudgels is due for one soon.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Everything was going super well until I entered this douchebag village full of douchebags with a douchebag warden who can't take of loving joke.

Oh yes I'm mad. :argh:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Same i was in such a rear end in a top hat village with a very nice ape mayor and he gave me a quest. Went into the jungle near the river and rounded a big tree stump at the water. A Madpole fish instantly tore off both my arms and i bled to death :/ lol

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

That said I really like Psychometry and tinkering stuff. Force bubble is insanely good and cool, Disintegration is extremely good to combine with Bubble and i've taken a liking to Light Manipulation, it's not bad at all and you can pretty much use it every time you want.

The guy that got his arms torn off was lvl 13 with high ego and high agility, using strength as a dumpstat. Was Akimbo-ing Chain-pistols and blowing up everything with bubble+disint.

Went to the Red Archway thing, with the turret lair and stashes, right from the start. Worked out pretty well, so i think i'll keep doing something like that.

E: Oh yeah and had 2 pieces of Fullerite armor but drat that poo poo is heavy. Also was very lucky and ran into multiple merchant traders so ammo was NP at all. RIP in piece

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 8, 2015

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Does anyone ever actually use the tinkering recipe for lead slugs or shotgun shells? I don't feel like 5 slugs is worth even a tier-1 bit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MrWillsauce posted:

Does anyone ever actually use the tinkering recipe for lead slugs or shotgun shells? I don't feel like 5 slugs is worth even a tier-1 bit.

Nope. Maybe if I got 500 slugs for it, since those tier 1 bits usually cost around :10bux:

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

MrWillsauce posted:

Occasionally, if I'm on a character who'll take a few levels to be able to reliably kill things other than with a musket and Tam doesn't have enough ammo for sale, and I have a surplus of the necessary bits, I'll make an extra 5 or 10 to tide me over. Likewise if I luck into an early snapjaw shotgunner and Tam doesn't have enough shells. That's about it though.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

If that happens I'll take a chance hiking to Kyakukya. If I die on the way I didn't miss much anyway.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Took me too long to understand what that was. Thanks.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
So, chaingun turrets.

Presumably the appropriate answer to ruins through the midgame is "no thanks, maybe later". I've had firmly post-Grit Gate very adequately equipped characters turned into a fine mist immediately upon rounding the corner.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clairvoyance and Enhanced Hearing exist. There's probably something tinkable that does some of that maybe.

Cybermg
Jul 1, 2005
Ugh, got a hard crash on level 7 of some random ruins in the forest, which locked up my entire computer. There was an electric creature attacking offscreen right before the crash, which seemed significant. I'll email a log once I get back to that computer.

In the meantime, I guess I can give myself bonus xp to make up the two levels I gained...

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

MrWillsauce posted:

All the time oddly enough, but I love shooting dudes with the carbine dude in grit gate gives you. Normally by that point I've got so many stashes of stuff that the water for the parts isn't really worth it to me.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Clairvoyance and Enhanced Hearing exist. There's probably something tinkable that does some of that maybe.

They are hardly a threat once you have at least 20 EV, that perk that gives +5 EV for dodging projectiles, and maxed Triple Jointed :downs:

On an unrelated note, Clairvoyance makes the game way too easy once you get the full map reveal, just because revealing all the mobs activates them and has them all start in-fighting due to faction differences. The only time I was punished for it was the last level of Bethesda Susa because everything was single faction, as well it activating all the psychic users as well.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
In older versions at least, it could also lag your computer to hell if you were on a lousy machine. I had a character use screenwide Clairvoyance in the Tomb of the Eaters on my old junkbox PC (rest in peace you whirring old piece of poo poo), and holy hell that was a mistake. It shouldn't take fifteen seconds to resolve a single turn :stare:

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Hot.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Friend gifted me and heself this game so now i can play in glorious tiles. Very happy with how it looks so far and the reputation screen is funny. DOGS WELCOME YOU ON THEIR HOLY SITES!!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Aw yeah!

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Now I can play the same 4 armed agility tank over and over again forever. :getin:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm a sad person who only plays Priest of All Suns over and over

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I will play this game and level up my Autism stat until I love it as it should be loved.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
It would be nifty to have that as an entry field---discover secret, esoteric names and passwords ingame and/or via the lore outright that serve as special challenge or thematic builds.

Or just secret character send-ups outright as per NBA Jam of old.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Unormal posted:

Aw yeah!

You're a goddamn hero.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ExiledTinkerer posted:

It would be nifty to have that as an entry field---discover secret, esoteric names and passwords ingame and/or via the lore outright that serve as special challenge or thematic builds.

Only if they're classic B-Ballers and have a Chaos Dunk special ability.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Big head ascii mode.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

ExiledTinkerer posted:

A code to play as Mayor Nuntu would be A+

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Could just be bias on my part, and purely anecdotally (and in light of others' comments about cragsmench armor which I've never agreed with) I think Crysteel weapons have bugged penetration values. I base this on the fact that I can cut through Cragsmensch with Folded Carbide weapons without issue, but once I equip a Crysteel weapon of equal penetration, I feel like I have far more failures to penetrate. Then again, I could just be critting a lot more with a folded carbide long sword than a crysteel dagger, but still, it feels REALLY weak compared to my folded carbide longsword.

And I mean, this is like my fifth or sixth game in Susa, and the first time I've noticed this, and only midway through this run because I picked up a crysteel dagger off a Putus Templar party (which I only could kill with a pack of sower's seeds and lots of freezing-hand kiting anyway). Prior to switching my mainhand, crags fell no problem.

E: Also, come on, why can I inject myself with empty injectors repeatedly? drat near died because I was trying to disassemble them and they caused me to massively bleed.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 11, 2015

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
*You can now save, share, and import character builds!
-When you create a new character, you can name and save the build to your build library. You can also copy the build code to your clipboard or tweet it.
-From the character build library, you can pick a saved build to play, rename a build, type in a build code, paste in a build code, or tweet about a build. The build library is accessible from the character creation screen.
*Turrets now have a 1-turn warmup sequence before they start firing
*Shank no longer raises the penetration cap of short blades by 1
*Torches now display a description of their condition rather than a precise count of remaining turns (What??? You thought you were some sort of optics savant?!)
*Added an overlay message log that spans the bottom of the screen. It's more readable than the sidebar message log. We'll be improving it, too.
*Added a new UI option "Show overlay message log" under User Interface. It's disabled by default.
*Improved the UI for storing things in containers
*Saved games on the save management screen are now sorted by age
*Improved the performance of the Golgotha level builder

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Unormal posted:

*Turrets now have a 1-turn warmup sequence before they start firing
Thank loving christ. Chaingun turrets are still probably my #1 cause of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

S.T.C.A. posted:

Could just be bias on my part, and purely anecdotally (and in light of others' comments about cragsmench armor which I've never agreed with) I think Crysteel weapons have bugged penetration values. I base this on the fact that I can cut through Cragsmensch with Folded Carbide weapons without issue, but once I equip a Crysteel weapon of equal penetration, I feel like I have far more failures to penetrate. Then again, I could just be critting a lot more with a folded carbide long sword than a crysteel dagger, but still, it feels REALLY weak compared to my folded carbide longsword.

And I mean, this is like my fifth or sixth game in Susa, and the first time I've noticed this, and only midway through this run because I picked up a crysteel dagger off a Putus Templar party (which I only could kill with a pack of sower's seeds and lots of freezing-hand kiting anyway). Prior to switching my mainhand, crags fell no problem.

E: Also, come on, why can I inject myself with empty injectors repeatedly? drat near died because I was trying to disassemble them and they caused me to massively bleed.

Yep, something's broke. Consider this set of images http://imgur.com/bNb7fXx,xsHVTGq,sgQOpYR
The first shows him getting 10 penetration out of a pair of folded carbide daggers. The second shows him getting the same out of crysteel ones. The third show his stats, including +10 agi mod.

e: actually, I might be reading that wrong. will look harder later.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 12, 2015