Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Well that was nice and easy! I wonder what we'll solve next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's not over until we break his heart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's not over until we break his heart.

Wow, cruel.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I guess he is covering for his fiance after all.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
They're probably in it together - I'd say he killed him and she came up with the cover-up.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 10, 2015

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Or she framed him for it.

Her name is a pun on 'marionette' - she's clearly a puppet master.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, now that I think about it, the killer and victim of every case previously were in some kind of relationship.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a little weird that every case so far has been some sort of frame job.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Glazius posted:

It's a little weird that every case so far has been some sort of frame job.

That can also apply to the Ace Attorney games.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Realistic cases tend to be simple and don't unfold in very interesting ways. Unless you're Raymond Chandler or something.

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS
I find it odd (and possibly a bit racist) that they keep saying he can't read, instead of saying he can't read English, especially seeing as they're accusing him of trying to read the notes, possibly in the hope that there was something useful written in Spanish. Unless of course he can't read at all, but then why was he looking through the notes?

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Because Señor Archie, he say he take the stone figure away. Even I give him the special liquor from my people, he no listen to what I say.

Is then, when I no know what to do, I hear the voice.

A voice?

Here we go again!

According to Google Translate, Bobo means Fool in Spanish.

So I do what the voice tell me.

I leave the door of the hut locked, and I pass through the walls to no be there no more.

Is the power of the diablo in me.

Give over! You can't pass through walls. That just doesn't happen.

Si. And the way the dead Señor, he moved....Is the diablo as well.

No, is no possible to explain these things if you no believe in this diablo.

Aye, it is. You could've taken the door off it's hinges, and--

Phone Rings.

Is the telephone for you.

Ee, I bet it'll be forensics!

Lucy leaves and returns.

That were forensics, Prof, with their report. They've been over that hut door with a fine toothcomb, they said. But there's no way the hinges could've been tampered with, apparently. They had adhesive on.

I see...

Apparently, the owner saw a screw were missing a few days earlier, so he drowned the hinges in glue. Mr Sasucasa's given a statement to that effect now.

Since this is an entirely new statement, rather than an update, it's just quietly added to the existing statements, instead of the usual update screen.

Ah...

Alfendi clearly noticed earlier that the screw was dirtier than it should have been if it had been removed at around the time of the murder, so I have no idea why he decided to go ahead and accuse Careta without first getting the report back from forensics.

So... does that mean it can't have been Mr Careta that done it then?

Si? So, is okay if I leave now? I still no see the Buckingham Palace.

And I have to buy some gifts for Mariana and everyone in my village.

Careta leaves.

You're happy just to let him go like that, are you, Prof?

Don't worry. We'll have a man on him. In any case, we can't detain him until we've solved the mystery.

Apparently in this world, outright admitting to murder isn't enough to hold someone in police custody.

On a side note, in the UK, police can hold suspects for 24 hours in custody, at which time the suspect must be either charged with a crime or released. In the event that the suspect is being held under suspicion of a serious crime, such as murder, the police can apply to hold the suspect for a maximum of 96 hours in custody before charging or releasing the suspect. The one exception is suspicion of terrorism, then it's a maximum of 14 days.

It's dead frustrating being sure Careta's our man but still not knowing how he did it.

We'll get to the truth. I always get to the truth.

Aye, and we can't pin it on him while he's going on about this demon doing it, eh? No, we've got to get the bottom of this one.

Yes, there are two remaining points that we can't explain.

How Careta managed to disappear from a locked room...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, he outright admitted to killing him... and they just let him go?

:psyduck:

I mean, I don't believe it was him (or at least him alone), but come on.

Oh hey, his dad used to say that.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 13, 2015

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He also admitted to planting the axe in his skull.
1)He did not specify if the victim was still alive at that point. Al may simply be letting him go to fish for eventual accomplices. (e.g. somebody else killed the victim, then Careta set up the axe and the zombie deal)

2)In alternative, if Chico is telling the truth about hearing el Diablo's voice then someone else is equally responsible for the crime, by inciting superstitious and impressionable Chico to murder. Said someone then set up the zombie scare after Chico wasn't there.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I mean, I don't believe it was him (or at least him alone), but come on.

"Yes, I did it! I got really drunk, then I heard a demon telling me to kill him, so I walked through the walls and stuck an axe in his skull!"

Even if Chico had the intent to commit the crime, and even if he confesses to acting on that intent, it still has to be proved he had the means to do so.

It's like believing you can kill someone if you scribble over their face in a photo with green marker, and then turning yourself in for murder on that basis.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I understand what you mean, since some people can believe that they put a voodoo curse on someone and killed them and try to turn themselves in to the police on that premise.

But in this case, it does seem like it's at least somewhat possible that he is the murderer. Couldn't they hold him for further questioning? Or is that just not possible since he hasn't been arrested yet?

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
If you want to be picky, they shouldn't have jurisdiction over this murder anyway. I wouldn't sweat it.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So, now that we have Chico claiming he heard the voice, we have to ask where the voice came from - or if he was in the hut at all. I wonder if Chico would be able to tell the intercom voice if he heard it, or if he could be tricked to think it was a demon.

So the glue sort takes away the door idea, but then why are the prints wiped?

I wonder - looking at the clues again, the signs in the corner are described quite large, and the Rafter Damage A is very close to the sign location. There doesn't look to be a lot of hiding room in the picture, but is it possible that someone hid behind the signs and left after the commotion ceased? They could also control the cords that way. Or the cord could be held on the coat hook by the intercom.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 15, 2015

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

So, where do we start?

Were it really a demon at work, do you think?

No, that can't be. It was an elaborate illusion, I'm sure.

Aye, that's got to be it. An illusion.

And the person behind the illusion will almost certainly have left a trail of evidence, no matter how small.

And that's what we've got to find, right, Prof?

That certainly points to the sort of illusion I'm thinking of.

If I'm right, there should be another similar piece of evidence very nearby.

Here, Prof, what do you make of these nicks on the beams up here int' rafters?

Hm...They look like they were made by a thin rope or wire of some sort. Yes, very suspicious.

Aren't they just!

What do you think caused notches like these then, Lucy?

It were the fishing line rubbing on the beam that made the notches!

I've come to the same conclusion. Somebody threaded the line over the beams and then pulled them with considerable force.

And there must've been something heavy on the other end of the line to counteract the force of the pull.

Of course, we all know what that was, don't we, Lucy?

Well, it were the body tied to the end of the line, weren't it? What else?

Indeed.

That explains how the killer made something spectacular appear to happen. Which was, of course...?

By tying the fishing line to O'Logie's dead body and giving it a good tug at just the right time...the killer made it look like the fellow moved even though he were dead!

Murderer vanished.

Careta claimed that he passed straight through the hut walls using some demonic power.

But we all know such things do not exist.

Maybe not, but the door and window are off the table an' all.

So just how did the lad do it then?

Well, if the hut was genuinely locked from the inside, it leaves only one possible conclusion.

After he did O'Logie in, Careta must've hid himself somewhere inside the hut.

If you say that Careta was outside when he killed O'Logie, Alfendi will point out that the back of the hut is on a cliff edge, meaning the only way the zombie illusion could have been carried out from outside is if it was done via the door.

Very good, Lucy. I've come to the exact same conclusion.

Aye, that must be it!

But where could he have hidden in such a tiny place as that, eh?

That's the key question now. Perhaps we can identify some traces of evidence that show where Careta was hiding, do you think?

This mark ont' the floor's a bit of an odd shape. I don't suppose it's related to where Careta hid himself, eh?

It is an unusual shape, you're right. It looks like something must been in the way of whatever spilled.

So let's try to think what might have made the spillage take this kind of shape.

It must have been one of these big signs! It must've been put here and got int' way of whatever split.

Judging by their size and shape though, none of them could have stood up alone.

They would have been resting on something. Any ideas, Lucy?

The sign must've been resting on the coat hook!

In that position, it would've been int' way of the liquor that split, making the stain take that peculiar shape.

And such a large sign would be perfectly big enough to hide a person from view.

So that's that, then? Careta were int' hut the whole time, hiding behind this sign, eh?

Let's have a think about when the liquor could have been split before we draw any conclusions.

It must've been when the dead fellow moved. He must've knocked over the liquor!

That's what I had concluded.

Then someone must've put the sign back where it were after that happened.

Precisely. The sign is the answer to the mystery of how the hut was locked from the inside.

Music stops.

Now we've explained how the door were locked from the inside and how the body moved when it were dead.

Yes. And Careta admitted himself that he killed O'Logie.

Right before letting him walk out to continue his holiday.

There's no way he can talk his way out of it now.

So it looked like we've solved this one without you getting, all, you know, worked up.

That seems a little premature, considering they still have to question Careta again.

Yes...

Well, that's a bonus! Right, time to get Careta back then, eh?

Now we have all the evidence we need to prove Careta is guilty. We'll pin him down property this time.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

So, how was your excursion to Buckingham Palace?

Is no the season to see inside, they say.

Is big problem for me. Mariana, she is looking forward to my pictures.

I no want to make her sad. Is why I climb over the fence.

But the policia, he no like this. He brings me back to you!

By 'eck Prof, you were right to stick a tail on him!

It would seem so, yes.

You no need me? If is okay, I like to see more of your beautiful city.

We do need you for summat, Mr Careta, aye. You see, we've figured out how you did it.

But I tell you already.

If is no true, how can it be, Señor Layton?

Allow us to take you through the events of that night one step at a time.

It was your fake cry for help over the intercom that brought Mr Sasucasa and Ms Etista to the hut.

When they got there, they found the door were locked. There can be no question about that.

Absolutely. And the one and only uncopiable key was in the victim's pocket.

So Mr Sasucasa was left with no choice but to break down the door to gain entry to the hut.

Si, is like this. Because already I am passing through the walls and leaving this place.

Lucy, would you care to tell Mr Careta exactly where in the hut the culprit was?

Ey, muchacha! You no listen when the Señor, he say what he saw inside the hut, uh?

That's not quite right. Mr Sasucasa said that he did not see the killer in the room. But though he failed to see the killer, the killer was in fact there inside.

Aye. An obstruction in the form of...

It were a whopping great sign!

Mr Sasucasa's statement says he was sure no one else was in the hut because there's nowhere to hide.

But it's precisely this preconception that meant he wasn't even looking for you.

What you say, is just a guess, Señor.

I beg to differ. You were definitely hiding in the hut when Mr Sasucasa and Ms Etista came in.

We have a piece of evidence and statement that prove it. Lucy. Would you do the honours?

Aye, it's the liquor that spilt ont' floor that proves it.

The only way it could've made a straight line like that is if the sign were stood int' way when it split.

And Ms Etista's statement confirms that the liquor was knocked over when the body lunged forward.

And this means the body, we know it moves, si? Or the liquor is not gonna spill.

If that's your rebuttal, allow us to dispel the myth of the walking body now.

Lucy, tell Mr Careta what the killer used to give the illusion of the body coming back to life.

The killer tied some fishing line to O'Logie's dead body.

No. You see these fishing lines if they tied to the dead Señor.

Not necessarily.

Mr Sasucasa said in his statement that it were dark inside the hut.

Thin, translucent fishing line in a dark room. And a body with an axe lodged in it's skull.

Oh, aye, we have evidence alright.

There's nicks made by the fishing line int' rafters of the hut!

And by considering the position of the notches, we can infer where the killer was standing to put the line.

: So you see, we know the killer's location was...

Following the line from the body, over the beams where the nicks are, you get to the corner of the hut.

Si. Si...

I just do like is telling me to do...

Like you were told?

Si. I hear it, the voice of the diablo. Is telling me, if I do everything like she tell me, is all gonna be okay.

Oh, I've had just about enough of this diablo mumbo-jumbo!

Ee! Prof!

Oh, I believe you, Careta.

At least Alfendi was kind enough to give Lucy a slight advance warning this time.

Demons are real. And all around us.

You've picked a fine time to turn up and start prattling!

You don't know, Lucy? Carefully led, the man can be a crazed killer.

Si. We must listen to the diablo. If no, is gonna make curse on our village.

Idiot.

Demons are illusions, living in the minds of the weak. Illusions have no powers to curse.

First you say demons exist, then you say they're illusions. Which is it, Prof? Make up your mind!

Never mind, Lucy. You've obviously failed to understand.

There's just one point we need to make clear.

This 'diablo's voice' whispering in your ear, Careta. That was most certainly no demon. It was a human. A human that could see there was a demon inside you already.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Sasucasa in a wig! (He has to wear the wig to get the voice right.)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm just going to guess that it's Mariana because every other killer has been the (ex-)fiancee.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm just going to guess that it's Mariana because every other killer has been the (ex-)fiancee.

"If I do everything like she tell me[...]"

Sad to say, I think this is right. :(

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Huh, so my guess about the Sign was right - didn't think of the coathanger though, I thought thatd be for the string.

And yeah, looks like Mariana. She could easily lie about the phone call, get Micah to come up for the effect of the puppet thing. She's the only person in a good position to manipulate Chico too. Straightforward.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Has to be Mariana: if she wasn't in on it, she would have recognized her fiancé's voice even over a bad intercom connection. But she said that it was O'Logie screaming for help on the phone, even though there's no way she didn't recognize Chico's voice. She knew about the whole thing beforehand.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not to mention the name.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What is life like in this world? "This is my roommate, Pois o'Nerr. Don't worry, we're pretty sure it won't happen for another ten years and in the meantime he's a great cook."

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Mariana for sure. Can't be a fiancee (ex- or otherwise) without causing some sort of death in the game's world.

Bruceski posted:

What is life like in this world? "This is my roommate, Pois o'Nerr. Don't worry, we're pretty sure it won't happen for another ten years and in the meantime he's a great cook."

If he was French, I imagine that he'd be good at cooking fish-based dishes and his Bouillabaisse would be something to die for.

... I'll see myself out.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

It were Ms Etista, weren't it? That's who the demon really was.

Aye, she knew you better than anyone, didn't she, Mr Careta? She were behind the whole thing!

Oh, but it was. It was Etista on the other end of the intercom listening to you faking O'Logie's cries for help.

Si, is true. I call to the hotel to them come for Señor O'Logie. Is Mariana who is picking up at the other end. But I no know this. Is only by chance.

You say the sound quality on the intercom was poor.

Si, is normal I know my novia! We gonna be marrying together.

Oh, I know. So you'd think she could tell the difference between her fiancé and a quinquagenarian.

Careta's got quite an impressive English vocabulary.

Si, is different. But I am making an imitation of the Señor.

Tell me, Careta, why are you here? Why England? Why now?

Is...is because...

Mariana, she...

Oh yes, of course. Mariana. She suggested you come, didn't she?

Is by chance! Is only by chance!

You've seen my little crime scene reconstruction toy, haven't you? Collecting the data for it is a pain. It takes a great deal of time at the original scene of the crime. There would have been a lot of activity.

Steady on, Prof. He's getting a bit--.

What? Something wrong?

Somehow your voice isn't quite in line with the bravado of your masks any more.

That's enough, Prof!

You know it's true! You even blurted it out yourself when we unravelled all of your little tricks!

No. No no. Please, no.

You know the truth. You've known for some time.

She used you! Like a pawn in her devilish games!

Curses! I was just about to...

Ensure that Careta is completely reduced to a whimpering wreck and his heart irrecoverably broken?

Argh. That was just getting interesting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shine on Alfiendi, you crazy diamond.

HydroSphere posted:

Oh, I know. So you'd think she could tell the difference between her fiancé and a quinquagenarian.

Careta's got quite an impressive English vocabulary.

Also, I think you meant Alfendi here.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What was Alfiendi going for here? Trying to notch a kill in self-defense?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What, you don't know the interrogation technique of "good cop, cartoonishly evil cop"?

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I think you meant Alfendi here.

I think he meant that Careta figured out who he was talking about instead of going "Quien?"

And yeah, it does kind of take the wind out of evAl's sails when we all called it, some right from the start of the case. :v:

Somebody mentioned this earlier and I'm starting to agree; was the writer really unhappy in his marriage or something? :sweatdrop: This is twice now we've had a wife/girlfriend involved in murder, 3 if you count the elaborate suicide last time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

All of the cases so far have. The first case had a guy strangle his ex, the second had a wife kill her husband, and the third had a scorned lover set up an elaborate plan kill herself while pinning it on her significant other.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The first case had a guy strangle his ex,

Was the guy involved with the victim? I must not have picked up on that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was the guy involved with the victim? I must not have picked up on that.

It was a bit subtle since they never really go too in-depth about it, but the motive for the first murder was her bankrupting him and then moving on to another guy.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Wayne posted:

I think he meant that Careta figured out who he was talking about instead of going "Quien?"

Yeah, I didn't phrase it very clearly, but Careta seems to be able to always perfectly understand everything that Alfendi/Alfiendi/Lucy say.

Incidentally, I'm female. :)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, my apologies.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah 'e'll be alright. Miss Sich's looking after him. I reckon he'll wake up before long.

Sounds like Alfendi knocked himself out.

Ee, I were that worried.

No sense worryin' Lucy. Nuthin' we can do. Anyway, dun'cha wanna know wot 'appened wiv the case?

Oh, I don't know. I should probably be focusing on minding the Prof, but...

Lucy is very serious about asking Dustin if she wants to know what happened.

Heh heh. I knew ya wouldn't be able to resist.

Well, there's Careta first off. The bloke's as nutty as a fruit cake, so 'e ain't been a fat lot of 'elp wiv the investigation.

Aye, I'll bet.

Gettin' any new info out of 'im's about as likely as me getting' a promotion.

So, that left that Etista bird. Well, the local law tried to find 'er to bring 'er in for questionin'...but she was long gone. Taken all 'er belongin's an' 'opped it.

I wouldn't mind better she were planning that fromt' start.

Yeah, maybe. But that ain't all, ya know. Turns out Etista weren't 'er real name at all. No one knows nuffin about 'er. She's a total enigma.

Give over! Really?

Oh yeah. She only turned up in the village there about 'alf a year ago.

And there were me thinking that she and Careta must've been childhood sweethearts.

Hang on...So, are you saying Careta's only been learning English for six months?

S'pose 'e must've been, yeah. That's some kinda black magic in itself, eh?

And what's become of the stone idol?

They ain't found it, 'ave they? Etista must've made off wiv it.

That's just 'ow it goes sometimes, luv. Anyway best be getting' back to work, I s'pose.

Oh...aye...

Dustin Leaves.

I wonder how the Prof's getting on. Still, I don't suppose he'd thank me for disturbing him just to ask him how he is.

Dustin Returns.

Oh, yeah, just one more thing.

By 'eck Dusty, you frightened the life of of me!

Me bruv's in the clear now.

Oh, that's good.

Yeah. 'e said to say thanks an' that. Will ya pass it on to Al?

Aye, of course I will. I'll go and tell him right now.

Hints:

It looks like the proprietor here – this Mr Sasucasa – were having a spot of bother with his finances.

Yes, it does.

Well, maybe he were that worried about money, he stole the statue and flogged it for a few bob, eh?

A nice, simple theory, I grant you.

But it would be a little strange. They say the idol had little monetary value. Hard to imagine it could justify such extreme measures.

Oh. Pity.

I find the fact that Careta gave them that liquor to be more than a little fishy.

But it were Etista that brought them the glasses to drink from, eh?

And then they got blind drunk.

Must have been a good tipple then.

Tipple is a term for an alcoholic drink.

'Night is when the diablos come'? What a load of nonsense!

Sounds like Careta's a bit of a scaredy-cat, eh?

Not necessarily, Lucy.

I don't like the sound of this screw that's missing, do you, Prof?

It certainly seems suspicious. But personally I'm more interested in the fact that the hinges are on the outside of the hut.

Oh? Is that relevant somehow?

From a crime-prevention perspective, it's very relevant indeed, Lucy.

This is Dustin's brother, right?

It looks like he enjoys his drink.

I suppose he thought he could relax because the hut were such a fortress.

Anyway, he's no help to anyone, including us.

Ee, that's a bit harsh, Prof. But I suppose you're right.

Alfendi seems to have some antipathy towards people getting drunk. He's probably the type that hides the coffee when someone gets drunk so they won't have any relief from their hangover.

Don't you ever feel like having a bash at splitting some logs, Prof?

Not really, no.

Really? Oh, I do.

I can't think of anything more satisfying than the thud and crack of the wood splitting under the axe.

Perhaps the killer felt the same way about O'Logie's skull.

Hey, it's hardly the same thing now, is it?

Rumours of making up finds, eh? Aye, he looks like a shifty sort.

I'm not sure it's wise to judge people on their looks, but there is a hint of grim determination in his face, yes.

You think he set up Doug Scowers then? Another victim of his lust for success?

I wouldn't like to say at this stage.

But in this case, it seems the stone idol was a genuine find. O'Logie did nothing underhand. I can't see why he'd need to hide his discovery.

So it were Etista who heard O'Logie's dying cries then, eh?

I don't care what she heard or what she saw. I still don't believe in demons and all that.

Perhaps what she saw was an illusion.

Eh? An illusion?

Even if not, what we know for sure is that O'Logie encountered a killer.

No doubt whoever that killer was, he or she seemed very demonic to him.

Aye, you can say that again.

So the doorknob were wiped clean of prints?

It must've been, eh, if it were only Sasucasa's prints left on there from when he broke the door down.

So the killer was attempting to cover his or her tracks. That sounds very much like the work of a human.

I'd rather that than have some dodgy demon to deal with.

This is a hefty case.

Aye, a right good bludgeoner. Make a cracking murder weapon that would.

Not so for this case, though.

A crack in it's head? Ee, that's a bit close for comfort...

Hm, perhaps it was that fissure that decided the nature of O'Logie's demise.

But why would anyone do summat like that?

The killer was determined to make this look like the work of a demon at all costs.

I'm going out of town again, will be starting case 5 in a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Have a good trip, Hydro. :)

• Locked thread