Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My car is sexy as gently caress and you are all just haters driving Miatas. My warranty will outlive the entirety of your poo poo-box car.

So torn on custom titles... the one he has is good, but this... this is special.

Come over here, boys, let me pop the hood of this Hyundai and let me show you ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°MY WARRANTY¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My car is sexy as gently caress and you are all just haters driving Miatas. My warranty will outlive the entirety of your poo poo-box car.

My unkillable cop car disagrees :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

drat you guys post and bitch a lot...

Cakefool posted:

I stopped on the way home to look at an NB mx5 and it didn't excite me on the slightest. Am I broken? Will I feel different when my garage is useable rather than packed full of poo poo and inaccessible?
I owned a NA for a little more than a year, wasn't really a fan. Didn't enjoy driving it unless I was going too fast for the area/conditions and even driving with the top down lost it's charm pretty quick for me. That said driving it irresponsibly on the road was fairly fun and the few I've tracked have been pretty enjoyable.

Want another Porsche for the yard?

MustardFacial posted:

LS3 on the left, miata engine on the right:

I'm torn between big V8 for cheap and easy power or small possibly boosted engines. I think it depends a lot on what it's going in and how the weight difference is going to effect everything. I'd love to toss a LS in an E30 but the couple swaps I've driven weren't balanced with that much weight in front. The cars handle much better with a little four cylinder up front. IMO all engines are great, just find one suited to what you want...

kimbo305 posted:

Test drove a Factory Five 818. Tomorrow is the 348.
Going into it, it's Spyder > 818 > Evora. The Evora was nice and cheaper than the Spyder, but the 818's price proposition is insane.
If the 818 ends up being the top pick have the seller deal with the registration bull poo poo. If he's selling it as street legal that's a lot of poo poo to mess around with that I wouldn't want to deal with.

Trying to decide if I should just factory reset my phone (1st gen Moto G) since it's running slow and lovely or buy the newest version to get the expandable memory. If I reset I need to look into saving stuff from a few apps and some text message logs.

Track day on the bikes yesterday. First three sessions on the WR250 to relearn the track and get a feel for things. After lunch was the RS125gp and holy poo poo that little thing is amazing. Once youtube finishes uploading I'll toss a link in here.

Looks like it's now a full two weeks in CA coming up. Nice to travel and eat great food for free but at the same time timing on it really sucks this time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

drat you guys post and bitch a lot...
I feel like theres an equal amount of bitching about the bitching.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This is probably the dumbest thing you've ever said. Never change.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
AI: Come for the burnouts, stay because you've turned into a high school girl on her period.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ozmiander posted:

AI: Come for the burnouts, stay because you've turned into a high school girl on her period.

I think he started as one, to be fair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Uh huh. Until they deny your warranty claim because of excess moisture damage.

FROM SPLASHING THROUGH PUDDLES

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Lol no it won't

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

Football season is great but fantasy football fucktards who can't shuuuuuuuuut gently caress up about it really are the worst. I hear about 3 hours of it every day at work.

The secret is to call it dungeons and dragons. It's dungeons and dragons for sports fans. That's it. There are sheets of numbers, a dungeon master league leader, etc etc etc.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Fantasy Football owns

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Fantasy Football owns

I know a guy who's brother was so obsessed with fantasy gaming leagues that it ended his marriage.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit^^^yeah, but we've already established that you know literally all of the worst people. You're friends with SAC too, aren't you? It would fit

Slow is Fast posted:

The secret is to call it dungeons and dragons. It's dungeons and dragons for sports fans. That's it. There are sheets of numbers, a dungeon master league leader, etc etc etc.

I enjoy both.

Who gives a poo poo? It's a fun distraction for a few months of the year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit^^^yeah, but we've already established that you know literally all of the worst people. You're friends with SAC too, aren't you? It would fit

I'm friends with the brother, not the marriage ruiner!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My old rear end cars will outlive your warranty :colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Lol no it won't

Don't worry, the warranty covers repossession too, right?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I don't drive a Miata. My wife has a Hyundai. You and my wife can talk about your warranties and sip pumpkin spice lattes. :boom:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Hyundai does some great warranty work, just ask Bajaha.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You're all being a bunch of circle jerking retards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ozmiander posted:

I'll scoot over if you want to get in on this.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I'll scoot over if you want to get in on this.

I only do literal circlejerks, not this "lol your car is the worst" bullshit.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

meatpimp posted:

Come over here, boys, let me pop the hood of this Hyundai and let me show you ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°MY WARRANTY¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°

Nothing attracts girls like the size of your warranty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ozmiander posted:

I only do literal circlejerks, not this "lol your car is the worst" bullshit.

Have they worked out some sort of telepresence robot arm thing so you can jerk people off over the internet yet?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Ozmiander posted:

Welcome to The Internet. I love you.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Have they worked out some sort of telepresence robot arm thing so you can jerk people off over the internet yet?

http://www.easylife.org/fufme/

Seriously dude? Don't you keep up on Teledildonics at ALL?

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Today owned. The local True Value hardware store closed a few years ago. This weekend they had an auction to clean the place out.

I just bought a Ridgid 535 pipe threader for $100.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Today I started work on my wheeled grinding stand inspired by project binky. So far it only has a bench grinder and one angle grinder. I need to buy some more angle grinders.

I also cleaned the mold off my ambulance which has now sat for 12 months since I started my efi swap. Like trees, car mold seemingly grows on the north facing sides, which in my case is only the front and passenger side

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thelonious posted:

Today owned. The local True Value hardware store closed a few years ago. This weekend they had an auction to clean the place out.

I just bought a Ridgid 535 pipe threader for $100.

The store closed and they left inventory in there for years?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Ozmiander posted:

I thought we weren't allowed to poo poo talk about SAC anymore?
:iiam:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just bought a warranty for my shitbox '97 Miata SUCK ON THAT HYUNDAI

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Yup. About two years ago they closed up on a Saturday afternoon, locked the doors and that was it. A fully stocked hardware store sat untouched.

The threader was the big score (around six grand new), but we also got a couple hundred dollars worth of copper pipe for 80 bucks. And the entire inventory of valves - sweat and threaded - gate, globe, ball ranging from 1/4" to 2". A few grand worth of valves for $200.

I run a small family hvac business and have never before been so giddy about buying tools and inventory.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Thelonious posted:

Yup. About two years ago they closed up on a Saturday afternoon, locked the doors and that was it. A fully stocked hardware store sat untouched.

The threader was the big score (around six grand new), but we also got a couple hundred dollars worth of copper pipe for 80 bucks. And the entire inventory of valves - sweat and threaded - gate, globe, ball ranging from 1/4" to 2". A few grand worth of valves for $200.

I run a small family hvac business and have never before been so giddy about buying tools and inventory.

Holy... That's amazing.

Found the rev limiter in my wife's Kia Friday night. Partly on purpose, partly because pulling down to shift up is stupid. I'm pretty sure it auto shifted into second anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thelonious posted:

That's crazy but pretty awesome!

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I think we've hit the Viggen threshold with SAC. That is, the point where all the pissing and moaning after each of his posts is significantly more irritating than any of the stupid poo poo he posts.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Saw a DB7 Vantage on the road today, that thing is tiny among all the crossovers and Camrys!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Tommychu posted:

I think we've hit the Viggen threshold with SAC. That is, the point where all the pissing and moaning after each of his posts is significantly more irritating than any of the stupid poo poo he posts.

Who's pissing a moaning? All I see is people making fun of him for being a prick and bragging about _-=HIS WARRANTY=-_ on his Hyundai.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

Thelonious posted:

I hate to see a shop go out of business but it's a great way to stock up on stuff. Guy we race with bought all their loose hardware and a bunch of other stuff that's really handy to have around.

Youtube is slow as poo poo today for uploading. Under an hour total of video and it's still uploading from earlier...

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

MustardFacial posted:

Who's pissing a moaning? All I see is people making fun of him for being a prick and bragging about _-=HIS WARRANTY=-_ on his Hyundai.
Poor choice of words on my part, but for every post he makes there's half a dozen about what a lovely poster/person he is. It stopped being funny months ago.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 13, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Tommychu posted:

Poor choice of words, but for every post he makes there's half a dozen about what a lovely poster/person he is.

Yeah, people really need to stop stating the obvious.

I'm currently stuffing my face with my homemade brownies drowning in ice cream. loving delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Doing homework in a recently cleaned house while the new girlfriend does lesson plans. It's a good life.

• Locked thread