Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Astonishing Wang posted:

I also have a factory service manual for a Honda Elite 80 scooter - free to the coolest poster

I might not be the coolest poster but I'm probably the coolest lurker, and I've got an Elite 80 for which I could use that manual

I'll can pay shipping costs too if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

cheesebot posted:

I might not be the coolest poster but I'm probably the coolest lurker, and I've got an Elite 80 for which I could use that manual

I'll can pay shipping costs too if you like.
send me a PM or e-mail with your address and I'll try to send it this week!

is that a cb350 behind the 80?

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Astonishing Wang posted:

send me a PM or e-mail with your address and I'll try to send it this week!

is that a cb350 behind the 80?

PMed, Thanks!

Yeah that's a CB350, behind that is a CA77 (Dream 305), and in the background is a XL600V (Transalp).

I like Hondas

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Time to declutter. I have a black Tourmaster Flex motorcycle suit (jacket and pants) for sale. Jacket is a large, pants are medium long.

I have boots too. I forget the size but they fit a US 10.5 pretty well.

Everything in good condition, rode less than one season. Make an offer.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Do you have any pics?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yes, lots, but not of the gear

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Someone come take my 1979 Yamaha XS750 Special. It's a 3cyl 750cc UJM. It's all there but it is a project. Carbs are out (cleaned, on the racks, linkages attached), front brakes are seized, tires are super old, and it really needs to be gone through comprehensively.

It's about 15 minutes north of the Seattle city limits.

Free to whoever hauls it away, I can help load. I can also deliver within reasonable distance of 98026, but you have to come look at it to make sure you want it, help me load it, and make it worth my while (think craft brew or recreational herbal smokables so we can truthfully tell the DOL that no money changed hands). I have the title around somewhere.

Good project for someone who wants to wrench. I just want it out of my garage.

FYI this will not make a good babby's first motorcycle, even in top running shape these old XSs are for tinkerers, so just get that EX250 everybody is telling you to get. Seriously if you tell me it's going to be your first bike I will try to dissuade you.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Getting ready to move out of state. Posting here before I try to deal with craigslist.

2008 Yamaha R6, 27k. (Sold)

2001 Suzuki SV650S (track/race/parts only)
Goon price: no reasonable offer refused.

Cheetah fairings, woodcraft rear sets and clip-ons, front and rear sliders, aftermarket chain and sprockets (more low end). Ran great when I was going to the track regularly but has sat for a couple years now since all my track friends moved away :( Now has the typical sat-for-a-while symptoms. Battery is shot and carbs will need service. Started as recently as 6 months ago but would die when throttling on. No title or street parts. Tires are dunlop qualifiers that have good tread but probably too many heat cycles for another track day. This picture is old and it's not this clean now.

Located in Southern California.

Mexican Radio fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 25, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Where in SoCal? I'm interested in the SV as a track bike. Pretty good deal on that R6. Shoot me a PM. I was tentatively planning on heading out there next weekend for SoCal Trackdays @ Chuckwalla.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 30, 2015

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

clutchpuck posted:

Someone come take my 1979 Yamaha XS750 Special. It's a 3cyl 750cc UJM. It's all there but it is a project. Carbs are out (cleaned, on the racks, linkages attached), front brakes are seized, tires are super old, and it really needs to be gone through comprehensively.

Free to whoever hauls it away, I can help load. I can also deliver within reasonable distance of 98026, but you have to come look at it to make sure you want it, help me load it, and make it worth my while (think craft brew or recreational herbal smokables so we can truthfully tell the DOL that no money changed hands). I have the title around somewhere.

FYI this will not make a good babby's first motorcycle, even in top running shape these old XSs are for tinkerers, so just get that EX250 everybody is telling you to get. Seriously if you tell me it's going to be your first bike I will try to dissuade you.

Check your PMs, sir.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Alpinestars Stella Jacket, in silver leather
Size L

Lightly worn, never been down, excellent condition.
Stock shoulder, elbow, and back armor.
Snug fit on a woman who usually wears large in shirts and other jackets. More of an operator fit than passenger. Fitted bust, not very large. Good fit on 5'8", ~150# woman.
Non-smoking home

PMs best.

Fall's coming, buy this jacket.

$200 goon price.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

E: Gone. The RC8R is no more.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 10, 2015

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
For sale: Tourmaster Flex series 3 jacket in size large and Flex pants in medium tall. Bought last year, rode one season. I am 5'11", 170, wide shoulders, with a 32" waist. The pants fit me very well. The jacket has room in the middle for a beer belly but is good in the shoulders. Did very well in a Seattle winter. Only my hands were cold. One thing you can't see in the pics is that the pants step down to mesh as well. Great four season gear.

Condition is good to very good. No bugs or rash. All liners, waterproof, warmth, et cetera included. Feel free to ask questions or for more pics. Selling these for half the new cost plus $20 shipping. So pants are $90 plus shipping, jacket is $110 plus shipping.

The gloves are scorpions, a few years old and in decent shape. Medium size, no rash. $30 shipped. Included for free if you buy the other two full price.

http://imgur.com/a/kNcrc

The cat is not for sale.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

How much for the cat?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Just wanted to say this bike is the tits; and having this and a SDR makes you someone I'd like to grab a beer with sometime.

Hope your keepin' it orange on the trade-in

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Lynza posted:

Check your PMs, sir.

Is it gone? If not, I'll be able to pick it up next week.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

MrKatharsis posted:

For sale: Tourmaster Flex series 3 jacket in size large and Flex pants in medium tall. Bought last year, rode one season. I am 5'11", 170, wide shoulders, with a 32" waist. The pants fit me very well. The jacket has room in the middle for a beer belly but is good in the shoulders. Did very well in a Seattle winter. Only my hands were cold. One thing you can't see in the pics is that the pants step down to mesh as well. Great four season gear.

Condition is good to very good. No bugs or rash. All liners, waterproof, warmth, et cetera included. Feel free to ask questions or for more pics. Selling these for half the new cost plus $20 shipping. So pants are $90 plus shipping, jacket is $110 plus shipping.

The gloves are scorpions, a few years old and in decent shape. Medium size, no rash. $30 shipped. Included for free if you buy the other two full price.

http://imgur.com/a/kNcrc

The cat is not for sale.

Can you send me a gmail (same username) I'm very interested.

edit: just an update for the thread his stuff won't quite do it for me and they're still available. Bummer, looks like a killer deal on good gear.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 15, 2015

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

ChewedFood posted:

Is it gone? If not, I'll be able to pick it up next week.

Unless clutchpuck deems me unfit suddenly, I think it's safe to say this is gone.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Aw, OK. I have a couple projects in the works already anyway. If something goes wrong and you can't get it, I'd be more than happy to restore that classy machine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey so the naked street fighter bug has bitten me again, and rather than do another B1200, which I strongly considered, I thought I'd stop being the only guy on earth who has never owned an sv650 and do one of those.

SO. I'm Selling my 2009 Kawasaki Versys 650.

Bike has 8600 miles and rising on it. The bike is completely stock, has a fresh (less than 500 miles ago) set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's on it, brakes are good, chain and sprockets are good as well. I have full maintenance records during my ownership, I am the second owner.

Cosmetically it is in excellent shape, no scratches or dings to speak of on it. Perfect runner!

Selling for $4500 OBO, goon price is an even $4k, or I'm willing to work out a trade for a 04+ SV650N or other naked street bike (open to ideas)

Located in Milwaukee

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 15, 2015

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
What about an FZ1?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Baller Witness Bro posted:

What about an FZ1?

I'd consider it. I know they're nice. Part of the sv thing is that I've never owned a v-twin or even ridden one that wasn't made by Harley for more than 10 minutes or so

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Coming off the Versys you'll probably be happy with an SV650 but personally I've gotten bored of the couple I rode as they just don't have what I consider a fun powerband but YMMV.

The FZ1 is as close as I've gotten to being happy on a bike. If I had a supermoto on the side I don't think I'd want anything else for at least a little while. Plenty of power if you do the mods and it's equally happy in town, on the highway, or leaned over. Crazy range of mods available to make it suit your needs. You can swap in R1/R6 shocks / forks for better handling, get an exhaust, power commander / ECU flash and the Fuel Cut Eliminator and you're near R1 level power / smoothness. Parts are cheap, etc, etc.

My stupid desire for a supermoto again is all that's tempting me away from selling it (along with moving to a new place with like a 1.5 mile commute to the office :( )

E: If you can find one to borrow for a test ride I'd recommend it! They're not so pricy for what they are either and you can find someone who has already farkled them out with relatively low miles for 5,000 all day around me.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Sent you a PM about my SV I'm trying to get rid of. It's an S, so not exactly what you are looking for, but an option.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Coming off the Versys you'll probably be happy with an SV650 but personally I've gotten bored of the couple I rode as they just don't have what I consider a fun powerband but YMMV.

The FZ1 is as close as I've gotten to being happy on a bike. If I had a supermoto on the side I don't think I'd want anything else for at least a little while. Plenty of power if you do the mods and it's equally happy in town, on the highway, or leaned over. Crazy range of mods available to make it suit your needs. You can swap in R1/R6 shocks / forks for better handling, get an exhaust, power commander / ECU flash and the Fuel Cut Eliminator and you're near R1 level power / smoothness. Parts are cheap, etc, etc.

My stupid desire for a supermoto again is all that's tempting me away from selling it (along with moving to a new place with like a 1.5 mile commute to the office :( )

E: If you can find one to borrow for a test ride I'd recommend it! They're not so pricy for what they are either and you can find someone who has already farkled them out with relatively low miles for 5,000 all day around me.

If I wasn't about to buy a pickup (meaning I can't afford this anymore) I'd probably have a DRZ I could sell you :v:

Turns out the transmission was fine. I'm just an idiot with a shifter that was coming loose. So I put some used cams in it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheFonz posted:

Sent you a PM about my SV I'm trying to get rid of. It's an S, so not exactly what you are looking for, but an option.

PM'ed you back

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

E

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 11, 2022

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
Badass biek + price combo! When I looked for pre gen 250s in 2012 everybody wanted 2500+ for them...

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Eh around here I could craigslist it for $1200-$1400 or trade it to a dealer for $1k. I think $800 is a good price for a bike that needs nothing but a set of tires.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
$800 is a great price. If I was on the East coast I'd impulsebuy it just to have a replacement 250 and as an eventual backup bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yeah you're a bit far from me or I'd snag that as a learner/play bike.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Would anyone be interested in a full set of dainese leathers? Pretty much brand new, can get pics if anyone is interested.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey so the naked street fighter bug has bitten me again, and rather than do another B1200, which I strongly considered, I thought I'd stop being the only guy on earth who has never owned an sv650 and do one of those.

SO. I'm Selling my 2009 Kawasaki Versys 650.

Bike has 8600 miles and rising on it. The bike is completely stock, has a fresh (less than 500 miles ago) set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's on it, brakes are good, chain and sprockets are good as well. I have full maintenance records during my ownership, I am the second owner.

Cosmetically it is in excellent shape, no scratches or dings to speak of on it. Perfect runner!

Selling for $4500 OBO, goon price is an even $4k, or I'm willing to work out a trade for a 04+ SV650N or other naked street bike (open to ideas)

Located in Milwaukee

Update: $3800 goon price

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Mexican Radio posted:

Getting ready to move out of state. Posting here before I try to deal with craigslist.

2008 Yamaha R6, 27k.
Goon price: 4k

I'm the second owner, first was a coworker. No wrecks, dropped on the same side twice (ugh!). Front and rear sliders, fender eliminator. Runs great, pilot power 2ct tires that are still good. Due for valve adjustment.

2001 Suzuki SV650S (track/race/parts only)
Goon price: no reasonable offer refused.

Cheetah fairings, woodcraft rear sets and clip-ons, front and rear sliders, aftermarket chain and sprockets (more low end). Ran great when I was going to the track regularly but has sat for a couple years now since all my track friends moved away :( Now has the typical sat-for-a-while symptoms. Battery is shot and carbs will need service. Started as recently as 6 months ago but would die when throttling on. No title or street parts. Tires are dunlop qualifiers that have good tread but probably too many heat cycles for another track day. This picture is old and it's not this clean now.

Located in Southern California.

The R6 is sold, the SV still needs a home.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sigh. Chuckwalla again on 10/11. I'll pm you before I leave to see if you still have it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Considering selling the Ducati. No pictures of the current fairing setup, will have them after this Sunday.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/5239289592.html

quote:

I've decided to list my Ducati 749 for sale after much debate - I've had it for about a year now and it has served as a track-only bike the entire time. I have a clean and clear Arizona title in my name so the bike can be registered to ride on the street, if you so wish.

It is stock mechanically with the exception of the following:
2009 Ducati 848 5AM ECU flashed with 2006 749 firmware
Ducati 1198 Ignition Coils
Sato Rearsets
Performance Friction 95 Front Pads
2000 Yamaha R1 Throttle Tube
Fiberglass Race Fairings
Vortex Race Fairing Stay
Woodcraft Bar End Sliders
Renthal Medium Grips

Stock Parts Laying Around:
Original 2003 749 59M ECU
One working spare ignition coil
Fairings that have been rashed on the left side. Down at AMP 14b in November of last year.
Tail Light
Damaged headlight bucket
Stock Throttle Tube

The belts were replaced and the valves were adjusted about 1000 miles ago. The fork oil and seals were two trackdays ago. The bike was last set up for a 175lb rider by Catalyst Reaction Tuning during a trackday at Thunderhill Raceway. Tires are Pirelli Superbike Pro slicks with two trackdays on them. I have another set with 600mi of track time on them with rubber left to be used as takeoffs or something, as well.

The bike is great mechanically and the fairings are 20 footers at best, but it's a solid track bike. I'm negotiable on the price and I will consider trades for a decent 250 four stroke dirtbike + cash.

I will have the bike at the following events, if it hasn't sold first. If you're registered for the event you're welcome to ride it if you're interested in buying. Just don't bin it. :)
AMP - 9/27
Chuckwalla - 10/11
AMP - 10/18
Inde - 10/25

Watch me regret this.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 26, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sold the Duc. Mexican Radio - I'll be PMing you in a little bit.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Digital_Jesus posted:

Goon price $800 just to get it out of my garage. Getting it to you is your logistical nightmare. Bikes in Western NY.
Where in NY are you? I need a city bike, this would be p perfect if I can find a way to get it to Philly.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

PM'd You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Long shot, but anyone interested in a pair of TXCX Infinity Gore-Tex boots in 43? Same model as here.

Worn 5 times. A bit of minor cosmetic scuffing, but no actual wear on the soles or anywhere else. I'd do around 300 shipped.

tirinal fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 28, 2015