Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Whew, there were some wacky typos in my wall of text up there.

Rutibex's opinion isn't completely repugnant. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, for all we, as a species, tend to act like we're above the influence of our instincts and physiology with all the technology and law that we rely on, it's kind of hosed that we still put each other into boxes based on our genitalia.

page snypa edit: It's me, the one being un-ironic in the GBS thread :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

ill yurself

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

MVP posted:

Are women's rights now being taking over by manwomens?

I remember in hell thread someone posted a woman's tech conference in which every feminist speaker was either a man or transgender except for one actual cis-gendered woman so probably, yes. So I guess that's one way to fill the women in tech gender quota. Just turn nearly half the men into women. I swear I feel like I've been in a really long South Park episode this passed year after reading the poo poo in hell thread that this episode didn't even seem that outrageous to me. Some of the characters in hell thread are like real life Eric Cartmans.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 18, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Runaktla posted:

Careful, trannys/pannys/whatever he/she/xhe/dicksuck/pussyhavinnothavin/oh god I need my own personal pronouns DON'T CALL ME HE I'M NOT A HE ANYMORE CAN'T YOU BE SENSITIVE TO ME!!!! get pretty upset... this post...

got me probated, and my avatar to the left <----

*prob gonna get probated again, or banned*

I got probated for being a stupid unfunny bitch let me just do it again!

idiot

idk why you people have such a loving issue with transexuals. get over it already.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Don't forget how loving white they all are too

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Rutibex posted:

i have no problems with people doing whatever the hell they want, gender roles are horseshit. i dont like making up super special boxes and categories to put everyone into, you don't need to force me into believing you are a woman if you want to wear pretty dresses and suck some cocks.
But they identify as women, which means they expect you to identify them as women, even if the only distinction between men and women that matters to you is physical.

I respect transpeople as human beings and acknowledge the difficulties they face but I don't care about the gender of anyone's brain. The only things that makes women fundamentally different than men for me are biological functions and the fact that I'm not not attracted to men. I couldn't be in a relationship with a transman, not because I couldn't feel attracted to them, but because I could for the wrong reason.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I got probated for being a stupid unfunny bitch let me just do it again!

idiot

idk why you people have such a loving issue with transexuals. get over it already.

It's transgender not transsexual.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fluo posted:

It's transgender not transsexual.

whatever fool

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/oomplh/watch-your-microaggressions-bro

funniest part of the episode. much funnier than this horrible loving thread

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

POWERBALL posted:

You sure wrote a lot of words just to explain that you don't know what "gender identity" means

you never responded to my posts where i took down your idiocy after you demonstrated your complete inability to read and comprehend simple english sentences

telling

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't be arsed reading this entire shitfest, but good, maybe it can get back to being a man rather than prancing about in loving skirts and poo poo. Jesus loving Christ man.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Rutibex posted:

it means i have to play along with other people delusions, but only specially approved delusions, or i'm a bigot

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

This is my problem in a lot of fields. Donald Trump thinks vaccines cause autism, and as he's talking about how terrible it is that we stick a needle in a perfect, beautiful baby like it's some animal, I'm screaming at the TV
"Is there a MD or PHD after your name? No? THEN SHUT YOUR TRAP"

The idea that a layman should be allowed to dictate policy in like any given area really needs to be thrown out the window. It's not like olden times when your idiot warlord king had to make all his autocratic decisions with maybe some input from a couple of trusted advisors. We live in an era that is positively *crawling* with people who have expert knowledge in scientific and sociological fields, but everybody in charge of determining policies regarding those matters basically falls in a range between con-man and lawyer. Is it just a side effect of our political election process being based entirely on fast-talking your way into office, which prevents most varieties of climatologist, for example, from getting that far, or are they just too busy actually studying something to care?

Can you say it's a delusion with certainty? With unprecedented freedom to examine the nature of self and self-expression, compared to basically any other time in history, which of us is to say that it is not natural or correct to question the roles of gender that are largely the product of our culture, and not of our actual instinct? Reflection on the nature of the boundaries that we, as a people, put up around each other, has consistently resulted in the destruction, or attempted destruction, of those boundaries in the past century. Is a socially-constructed label that exists to either restrict an individual's acceptable life choices necessary? How much of the common rube's objection to the reclassification of gender and/or gender roles can we attribute to :biotruths:, versus how much we can attribute to that person's unwillingness to change their personal understanding of thing that is, in itself, an entirely cultural construct?

I have no idea, because I'm not a loving psychologist, but it's something to reflect on. :bless:

yes, psychology has such a sterling history of being ethical, what with operating abusive asylums well into the 1990s, experimenting on people without their will, and having luminaries of the field involved in severely ethically questionable studies like the stanford prison experiments

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Booblord Zagats posted:

Internet transsexuals, just like internet leftists, internet conservatives and internet body builders are always just the worst part of their respective groups and often hated even more by their own kind than people on the opposite side of the issue

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
hellthreads sure have gotten (even) worse since the D&D style-on

maybe you could take these brilliant trans insights there and see how they turn out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mercrom posted:

But they identify as women, which means they expect you to identify them as women, even if the only distinction between men and women that matters to you is physical.

I respect transpeople as human beings and acknowledge the difficulties they face but I don't care about the gender of anyone's brain. The only things that makes women fundamentally different than men for me are biological functions and the fact that I'm not not attracted to men. I couldn't be in a relationship with a transman, not because I couldn't feel attracted to them, but because I could for the wrong reason.

if someone identifies themselves as Napoleon should I respect that too? I mean yeah if they are right in front of me I'll likely play along for my own safety, but I won't leave that encounter telling people I know Napoleon

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-transgender-san-francisco-jails-20150910-story.html

Remember when Cartman changed genders so he could use the girl's bathroom? I wonder if he would do the same if he was facing a prison sentence.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 18, 2015

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

hellthreads sure have gotten (even) worse since the D&D style-on

maybe you could take these brilliant trans insights there and see how they turn out

ah yes the brilliant minds of D&D will surely have the correct opinions and get this sorted out

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

hemale in pain posted:

im always confused why internet transsexuals are so hosed up in the brain and want to argue/poo poo on everyone for everything but trans people ive met in clubs seem fine?

i bolded the answer to you're question for you friend

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sir_Charles posted:

ah yes the brilliant minds of D&D will surely have the correct opinions and get this sorted out

lol, just sayin', when the biggest hellthread was moved there everyones dumb poo poo got crushed, yall just making a new echo chamber that will end badly

might as well get yourself laughed at early before it will b3 even more embarassing

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Neurolimal posted:

lol, just sayin', when the biggest hellthread was moved there everyones dumb poo poo got crushed, yall just making a new echo chamber that will end badly

might as well get yourself laughed at early before it will b3 even more embarassing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
idgi, are u the little fat kid being bullied by the handsome man

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Neurolimal posted:

idgi, are u the little fat kid being bullied by the handsome man

Don't shame body types, please

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

lol, just sayin', when the biggest hellthread was moved there everyones dumb poo poo got crushed

"crushed" meaning:

"if you don't like this retarded criticism you don't understand ~*critical theory*~"
"please prove that the victims of online harassment faked their harrassment, and don't post tweet collages proving they faked it, that's nutjob truther bullshit"
"i'll cherry pick these 4chan screencaps proving it's all about harrassment and not post a bunch of other people replying to that 4chan post telling him to shut up"

among a bunch of other poo poo

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Is there an IRC for Hellcrew-type discussion? It seems like a pretty good idea since these replacement Hellthreads don't last too long.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

a retard posted:

"crushed" meaning:

"if you don't like this retarded criticism you don't understand ~*critical theory*~"
"please prove that the victims of online harassment faked their harrassment, and don't post tweet collages proving they faked it, that's nutjob truther bullshit"
"i'll cherry pick these 4chan screencaps proving it's all about harrassment and not post a bunch of other people replying to that 4chan post telling him to shut up"

among a bunch of other poo poo

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i haven't seen the episode yet but this right here is funny as gently caress

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

blainestereo posted:

south park reference bitch

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Moridin920 posted:

You can watch it for free online from comedy central.

http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/h4o269/south-park-stunning-and-brave-season-19-ep-1901

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Moridin920 posted:

lol no issue with transsexuals/gender just an issue when they are being self absorbed attention-seeking babies.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

How about that Brianna Wu huh

what a terrible tranny

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Runaktla posted:

lol no issue with transsexuals/gender just an issue when they are being self absorbed attention-seeking babies.

hmm better give them more attention then I guess (fool)

hellthread, hellthread never changes

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I don't think Caitlyn Jenner is a hero.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

loving reported, bigot

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

wonder what Caitlyn Jenner thinks about gamergate

she is probably for it cause momma jenner aint raised no fools

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im having deja vu from this thread

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rutibex posted:

this is my take on the whole gender-identity movement. it completely undermines the feminist idea that all people are capable of all kinds of behaviors, and that there should not be stereotypical gender roles. the gender-identity people buy into gender stereotypes more hard core than anyone every used to, so they are pretty regressive

also it's a handy distraction from economic issues, so it's pushed by the corporate media to divide/conquer people with progressive tenancies. it lets the narrative of continuous social progress to be maintained, without threatening the established power structure.

pretty much, yup.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

The Oakleys make the scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sir_Charles posted:

i had to argue with a retard who insisted two things were the same when i posted about five dictionary definitions that they weren't, including a literary criticism reference. and he still tried arguing the point. that about sums up hellthread in d&d.

• Locked thread