Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I'd like to sincerely apologize to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka for the fact that I've ensured that nobody here will ever again pay $30 to the forums to purchase an emoticon that represents their favorite team.

:ughh:

I still love you for doing it.

I think that we might end the season with only two wins. And that's if we beat TN Martin, a team I had not heard of until they showed up on our schedule this year. The defense looked bad last night and it's sad that we didn't seem to make any adjustments. No pressure on the QB, unable to tackle in space, gave up tons of chunk plays. The running game looked better than the last two weeks. Hopefully our younger receivers can step up because we've now lost three to broken bones. It's a bad sign. I hope we burn all the redshirts and play everyone if we lose next week. I think the fan base will go crazy if we lose next week and Brandon Allen is still the QB the week after. It will be time to prepare for next year.

I was wrong about the SEC West this year. I dismissed Ole Miss and thought LSU would end up in the bottom half and maybe I'll be right in the end but at this point they are looking pretty good. I was worried about A&M and still think they may win the conference. I'm surprised at Auburn. I had thought Alabama might end up third in the conference and they actually might this year.

:razorback::razorfront:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

C. Everett Koop posted:

lmao at you thinking they're going to beat someone. poo poo I wanna know how UTEP lost to them.

Our O line actually showed up to play that game and we still had receivers. Now our O line doesn't seem to be bothered half the time and we are down 3 WR, which makes the loss of one of our 1000 yard backs even more hurtful.

I can't believe this is going to be a 2-10 season. I knew it wasn't going to be 10-2 but I was hoping to at least make it back to 6-6 and maybe push on and be 7-5.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Alabama still going to the playoffs y'all.

In OKState news they are still probably not a good team even scoring 70 points. UTSA gave us the ball 7 times. Defense has looked good. I still think our QBs are terrible.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I'd like to sincerely apologize to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka for the fact that I've ensured that nobody here will ever again pay $30 to the forums to purchase an emoticon that represents their favorite team.

:ughh:

You just have to be creative, like :parrot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG and Memphis shot the drat lights out for 85 combined points and 1,120 yards combined of offense. Track meet games are fun as gently caress, even if we lose.

In 3 games, Johnson already has 1,358 passing yards for 12 TDs and 1 pick. Lewis has 24 catches for 510 yards and 5 TDs and he's only a sophomore. This loving offense is bananas :stare:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
SAD BAMA FANS: THE VIDEO

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/sad-bamafans-the-video-1731910449

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Our O line actually showed up to play that game and we still had receivers. Now our O line doesn't seem to be bothered half the time and we are down 3 WR, which makes the loss of one of our 1000 yard backs even more hurtful.

I can't believe this is going to be a 2-10 season. I knew it wasn't going to be 10-2 but I was hoping to at least make it back to 6-6 and maybe push on and be 7-5.

I think that the o-line looked much better this week and Collins did a good job. I think that the receivers looked good even though they weren't our starters. I think that Brandon Allen is doing much better but will never be a clutch QB. The defensive scheme was probably the main problem this game and I'm hoping that it will change. The problem is that I fear we just don't have the personnel to play the way we need to win the upcoming games.

If we drop to 1-3 next week and are facing two away games after that we should bench Allen and let the future get some reps.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Does anyone know how Southern Miss' defense is? Texas State put up a bunch of points on them, and that concerns me for Houston's game next week.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
So the Muschamp Effect appears to be a real thing. Came to a school known for offense, destroys offense. Goes back to run the defense at another top school, that defense begins to look like a lot like a used coffee filter. And the dude is still getting paid millions by both schools. At this point maybe he should just give lessons in how to rob SEC schools of their money and futures.

Nick Saban lost 1/8" off his back teeth last night due to incessant, infuriated grinding. I bet this morning's staff meeting was a hell of a thing. Monday's drive home listening to Finebaum is going to be a hoot, I'm hoping for a wall of enraged jungle sounds.

LOL at Texas, even though I grieve for their kicker. I wonder if it's possible to actually feel your entire state hating you.

Double LOL at the UF radio announcers last night breathlessly saying over and over "The Gators are now THREE AND OH, all they are doing is winning!" during the post-game. Flexing after beating loving Kentucky in a who-can-poo poo-harder contest, my Lord. Beating Kentucky like a drum is your birthright, Gators, not something to cheer over barely doing. Also, what the gently caress is up with six penalties a drive or whatever insane number UF is pulling right now? Hey maybe they can poach Muschamp away from Auburn to instill some discipline in the team!

Btw the Seminoles are now THREE AND OH, all they are doing is winning! (for now) Are they actually any good? :iiam: Guess we'll find out soon enough.

And last but not least, God drat Nebraska for letting Miami snake out a win. On the positive side, this might buy Al Golden a few more games to continue screwing that program into the dirt with a pneumatic drill. Maybe this will get us something half as hilarious as #RISEANDGRIND.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
FSU fans more in the know than me, at what point does Golson get benched? I'd honestly rather have someone who moves the ball and turns it over a little more often than this garbage offense we have now.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Here are my thoughts on Leonard Fournette.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is fantastic. Kingsbury's usually such a chill dude he musta been really pissed at Bielema.

Also the Jerrod Heard show is real and is beautiful. That was a terrible way to lose a game but this is the 1st game that made me feel like Strong is starting to get things moving in a good direction. We had a lot of offense that we didn't see before. The defense could have done much better but Cal is also talented offensively so while not terrible, still worrisome and hopefully something that the younger players can get coached up on through the year.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

JonathonSpectre posted:

So the Muschamp Effect appears to be a real thing. Came to a school known for offense, destroys offense. Goes back to run the defense at another top school, that defense begins to look like a lot like a used coffee filter. And the dude is still getting paid millions by both schools. At this point maybe he should just give lessons in how to rob SEC schools of their money and futures.

He'd be a TA at best, I'm pretty sure Charlie Weis is still the tenured professor in that. Kansas is paying him what, like $4 million per year still for the privilege of leaving their program in historically bad shape?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
usc and bama losing was fun. osu looked human. we aren't going to beat them but i'll enjoy it while it lasts

big ten, bitch

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Word was Kliff refused to shake Bielma's hand after the game too. drat Bret what did you do to him

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I was wrong about the SEC West this year. I dismissed Ole Miss and thought LSU would end up in the bottom half and maybe I'll be right in the end but at this point they are looking pretty good. I was worried about A&M and still think they may win the conference.

At this point in the season, I think LSU or Ole Miss will win the SECW. We are too inconsistent for me to get a good idea of how our offense will do against SEC defenses (or how our defense will do, for that matter). Then again, I have a pretty acute case of battered Aggie syndrome, so

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I didn't even care, I think because I resigned myself to a 2010-type season the moment Coker was still our starter heading into SEC play

Bobby Williams still pisses me off though, goddamn why do we even give him our starters

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

VDay posted:

He'd be a TA at best, I'm pretty sure Charlie Weis is still the tenured professor in that. Kansas is paying him what, like $4 million per year still for the privilege of leaving their program in historically bad shape?

I thought Notre Dame was still paying him

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

DJExile posted:

Word was Kliff refused to shake Bielma's hand after the game too. drat Bret what did you do to him

you see the sec schedule is so grueling it psyched arkansas out so they couldnt even focus out of conference

it is probably just bert being a big fat pile of stink garbage

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cole posted:

I thought Notre Dame was still paying him

I think those payments just recently stopped, it was a long rear end time though

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you

DJExile posted:

I think those payments just recently stopped, it was a long rear end time though

Kevin White, ladies and gentlemen.

CJ Prosise is an animal, btw.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJExile posted:

Being Bret Bielema seems like a good enough reason to be pissed at him to me.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Last thoughts:

Notre Dame just flat outplayed us.
I have no clue what happened to the offense, because they weren't executing (even ignoring ND's much, much better defense than our cupcakes) like they used to. I think they got rattled? I dunno.
UGA is going to mudhole us, we'll lose to one or both of FSU/Clemson, maybe another 'what the gently caress' loss to a bad team. Worst case is 7-5, best case is 10-2, most likely is 8-4 or 9-3 with a respectable second tier bowl.

Tempted to burn the other 50 I made on my bet on a lavish brunch.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Relentlessboredomm posted:

FSU fans more in the know than me, at what point does Golson get benched? I'd honestly rather have someone who moves the ball and turns it over a little more often than this garbage offense we have now.

After they're losing to Florida in the second quarter

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
As a tragicomic sidenote, Army Football appears to have completed the transformation from their 2010 peak of "lower-tier ironically scrappy underdog team that might sneak into an absolute bottom-barrel bowl game every decade" to "unalloyed loving poo poo." You expect a team fielding endearingly undersized offensive guards and receivers that can't break a 5.0 40 to lose a lot, but they've devolved to the point where they lose shootouts to Fordham and choke away game against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, which are word combinations that don't make sense in the English language. They're currently the 124th ranked team in Division I FBS, but they definitely have room to fall since the Idaho Vandals are currently ranked lower but actually won a game.

Duke or Penn State might set NCAA scoring records against them. The only potential win on their schedule is a game against the Bucknell Bison. The team's existence looks suspiciously like a felony misappropriation of government funds, or some kind of money-laundering scheme the mob is running through the hot dog stands at Michie Stadium.

What's bizarre is that the other service academies are functionally identical institutions, yet somehow field watchable football teams every year anyway, while Army Football is an eternal flame of burning human poo poo in a 55 gallon oil drum. At this point the Army football program is just a way to give future infantry officers CTE and PTSD before going into combat. Their stadium should be filled in with concrete and then pushed into the Hudson River with high explosives as a training exercise for the Corps of Engineers.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cnidario posted:

At this point in the season, I think LSU or Ole Miss will win the SECW. We are too inconsistent for me to get a good idea of how our offense will do against SEC defenses (or how our defense will do, for that matter). Then again, I have a pretty acute case of battered Aggie syndrome, so

Yeah, I'm still predicting 8-9 wins. Good to build off of, but not enough to go to the conference championship.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Temple essentially won its game by blocking an XP and running it back the other way

Owns

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The JERROD HEARD BITCH era has begun.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

DJExile posted:

BG and Memphis shot the drat lights out for 85 combined points and 1,120 yards combined of offense. Track meet games are fun as gently caress, even if we lose.

In 3 games, Johnson already has 1,358 passing yards for 12 TDs and 1 pick. Lewis has 24 catches for 510 yards and 5 TDs and he's only a sophomore. This loving offense is bananas :stare:

That was so close to a win if we made the stupid FG and we hadn't dropped that walk in TD. Still a fun game, but we got outcoached in the 4th quarter. I still think we can beat Purdue next week and go 2-2 into conference play though, which is better than a lot of people though we'd do. If VT can put up 50 points on Purdue, I can only imagine what Johnson will do to them. He's gonna destroy the passing record this year at this rate.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

go3 posted:

The JERROD HEARD BITCH era has begun.

I'm going to reserve my judgement until y'all play a team with an actual defense

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

Double LOL at the UF radio announcers last night breathlessly saying over and over "The Gators are now THREE AND OH, all they are doing is winning!" during the post-game. Flexing after beating loving Kentucky in a who-can-poo poo-harder contest, my Lord. Beating Kentucky like a drum is your birthright, Gators, not something to cheer over barely doing. Also, what the gently caress is up with six penalties a drive or whatever insane number UF is pulling right now? Hey maybe they can poach Muschamp away from Auburn to instill some discipline in the team!

No sane UF fan thinks this team is very good. Schizophrenic at best--but likely comatose on offense as usual.

Muschamp exacerbated an already pervasive penalty culture at UF--the hangover is going to be long and nauseating, with several runny dumps and Gatorades.

We should be incredibly concerned. I know I am.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It's 10 am and Kyle Flood somehow still has a job.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Cnidario posted:

I'm going to reserve my judgement until y'all play a team with an actual defense

the Swoopes/Watson duo couldnt move the ball against a high school team if they had to. Heard is about a 9 trillion % improvement. I'm not saying we're back in the land of 10 wins and honey but we now actually have someone on offense that defenses have to gameplan for other than "stack the box"

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

No sane UF fan thinks this team is very good. Schizophrenic at best--but likely comatose on offense as usual.

Muschamp exacerbated an already pervasive penalty culture at UF--the hangover is going to be long and nauseating, with several runny dumps and Gatorades.

I just hope you guys don't have your Hulk-out moment against FSU. Those penalties do remind me very much of FSU at the end of the Bowden years, seemed like we'd get one called on us every other play for the stupidest poo poo imaginable. I bet there are going to be some unbelievably miserable Gators an hour into Monday's practice.

"Don't look at this as punishment. Look at it as an opportunity to improve... but honestly also look at it as punishment because Jesus Christ follow the loving rules already. Now get up them stairs."

If UF loses to UT this weekend, do you think the UF fan base will shrug and say, "Eh... had to expect it, we're not very good," or go into full-panic Bull Gator "BAH GAWD WHAT THE gently caress" mode?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Ole Miss is this years version of 2013 Auburn. Crown em.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Texas had the same poo poo. Defense turns into a bunch of highlight reel building idiots because hey the offense will just go score again and then finally when we actually do need a stop and they get it the drive continues because some fuckhead laid out a dude after the play

It took literally any player and assistant who was there with Muschamp to leave before it came to an end.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

JonathonSpectre posted:

I just hope you guys don't have your Hulk-out moment against FSU. Those penalties do remind me very much of FSU at the end of the Bowden years, seemed like we'd get one called on us every other play for the stupidest poo poo imaginable. I bet there are going to be some unbelievably miserable Gators an hour into Monday's practice.

"Don't look at this as punishment. Look at it as an opportunity to improve... but honestly also look at it as punishment because Jesus Christ follow the loving rules already. Now get up them stairs."

If UF loses to UT this weekend, do you think the UF fan base will shrug and say, "Eh... had to expect it, we're not very good," or go into full-panic Bull Gator "BAH GAWD WHAT THE gently caress" mode?

We haven't lost to Tennessee in over 4000 days. A lot of people will get pissed if that changes. It's way more important than our streak over KY for some reason.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Greataval posted:

That feeling you get when you realize 7 win Sark strikes again and the season is basically over because you already know the outcome.

Sark never won a game in Arizona while at UW, and lost all but one of the games in the desert by 30+. He never had his UW teams ready to play in Arizona.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kim Jong Il posted:

It's 10 am and Kyle Flood somehow still has a job.

I don't think you are allowed to fire a suspended coach, but I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Took some time to come up with my thoughts about this UK team without being in the heat of the moment:

-Defense is way ahead of where I thought it would be. It'll take a step back once we play more potent offensive teams like Georgia but it's starting to show toughness and ability to make plays. It seems Elliott/Stoops is finally starting to get their identity and given that most of the talented players are freshmen and sophomores, it's hard not to look ahead a bit and imagine what the ceiling is.

-Offense was putrid, the staff constantly harped in the off-season about how good the offense would be but it's been bad. Through 12 quarters UK has had 2 great quarters, 2 solid quarters, and 8 atrocious quarters. Talented WRs dropping catchable balls, poor blocking by the OTs, and QB play has been miserable. RBs are cool though, could block a bit better but overall, pretty good so far.

-Patrick Towles isn't going to cut it, he is sloooow on his reads and woefully innacurate (51% in his last 9 games). The air raid depends on quick decisions and accurate short to mid range passes which is by far Towles' biggest weaknesses. Either Barker is truly bad or the staff is falling into the "look at those physical tools, wait until he puts it together" thought process.

-Finally, Dawson has been extremely poor. He was touted as being Holgorsen's right hand man for those potent WVU offenses but he has been unimaginative and very poor at adjusting to the other team. Frankly, he looks like a terrible hire and a significant step back from Brown so far.

Overall, I'm not displeased since UK still has a good chance to start 4-1 and make a bowl game. However, there is enough to make me nervous that UK will screw up a winnable game and UK can't afford to drop a game they should win given that this is a "show me results" year for recruits.

• Locked thread