Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

All of you angry fuckers are setting an at least three-year record for reports / poo poo posting in AI today

Post the log, please. We can discuss it collectively.

Note: I didn't even report any grumpy fuckers. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

IOwnCalculus posted:

All of you angry fuckers are setting an at least three-year record for reports / poo poo posting in AI today (and I'm too lazy to go through the ancient reports sent to our lord and savior Sigtrap, assuming ones that old still even exist). Let off some loving steam already.

Only if you tell me how many reports per day my posts generate

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

STFU FWD-Scum stop triggering me

Oh for fucks sake, how did I not do...

STFU FWD-Scum stop torquesteering me!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

14 INCH DICK posted:

Only if you tell me how many reports per day my posts generate

Probate anyone that reports 14 inch. With a penis that size its only out of jealousy. Its only fair.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Technically Die CIS scum applies to a select portion of automotive repair unchanged

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Do skid marks in your skivvies count?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

14 INCH DICK posted:

Technically Die CIS scum applies to a select portion of automotive repair unchanged

Any VW enthusiast who's still using K-Jetronic already has a big enough cross to bear, don't throw that poo poo on them too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

14 INCH DICK posted:

Jettronic?

E;fb

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
CIS-E scum can also die.

And do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Seat Safety Switch posted:

CIS-E scum can also die.

And do.

Blasphemer. Bosch knows all.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

Blasphemer. Bosch knows all.

Tell that poo poo to Kugelfischer :colbert:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

14 INCH DICK posted:

Tell that poo poo to Kugelfischer :colbert:

And the VW diesel engineering division.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CIS-E scum can also die.

And do.

Hey man. Totally never had a problem with it other than the fact that it idles at 2k rpm right now.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

1500quidporsche posted:

Hey man. Totally never had a problem with it other than the fact that it idles at 2k rpm right now.

Have you ever done the injector o rings? Best thing I ever did to mine.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

:stare: Whoah, I don't check this thread for a day and look at all this.

Anyway, I turned 30 yesterday so that's weird because I'm officially on the Older side of things now. I'd been kind of ignoring it because it's just a birthday, but it felt weird whenever I thought about it too much. My girlfriend was taking me out to dinner, and as I rode over to her place on the Tuono V4R, lost in thought, the street turned and faced straight into the last setting sun of my twenties. Briefly blinded, I came to a sudden flash of strange calm and realized that while we all are facing down the bastardly, inevitable sunset of Time the best way to do it is full-speed, clinging crazily onto a 165hp naked Italian superbike with it's sixteen valves screaming happily out behind you and the huge engine full of hot oil scorching your leg on a 90degree California summer evening.

Later that night as I lay in bed noting that I had 15 minutes of youth left before I got pumpkin-shaped at midnight, I started getting morose about it again. At that exact moment a nasally, low, hocking noise rose up from the floor next to me and the dog vomited profusely all over the rug - I spent that last 15 minutes laughing with my girlfriend and cleaning up dog vomit.... suddenly, I was very happy. Life is cool and funny, dogs and vehicles rule. Oh and as always, LOL at VW.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fart Pipe posted:

Have you ever done the injector o rings? Best thing I ever did to mine.

yeah when the 16v engine went in it got all new injectors and O rings, really didn't want to be dealing with that from day one. I'm thinking its an air/vacuum leak from that stupid gas tank vent system I had to rig up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bosch just makes the means, not the method :smuggo:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I never once thought of reporting a post. Shitposters know they're shitposters I don't need to have that logged. :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Does Tire Rack not charge sales tax to Washington?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

I never once thought of reporting a post. Shitposters know they're shitposters I don't need to have that logged. :v:
Yeah I don't take it personally.
The shitstorm that followed is why I didn't really want to bring it up.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

:stare: Whoah, I don't check this thread for a day and look at all this.

Anyway, I turned 30 yesterday so that's weird because I'm officially on the Older side of things now. I'd been kind of ignoring it because it's just a birthday, but it felt weird whenever I thought about it too much. My girlfriend was taking me out to dinner, and as I rode over to her place on the Tuono V4R, lost in thought, the street turned and faced straight into the last setting sun of my twenties. Briefly blinded, I came to a sudden flash of strange calm and realized that while we all are facing down the bastardly, inevitable sunset of Time the best way to do it is full-speed, clinging crazily onto a 165hp naked Italian superbike with it's sixteen valves screaming happily out behind you and the huge engine full of hot oil scorching your leg on a 90degree California summer evening.

Later that night as I lay in bed noting that I had 15 minutes of youth left before I got pumpkin-shaped at midnight, I started getting morose about it again. At that exact moment a nasally, low, hocking noise rose up from the floor next to me and the dog vomited profusely all over the rug - I spent that last 15 minutes laughing with my girlfriend and cleaning up dog vomit.... suddenly, I was very happy. Life is cool and funny, dogs and vehicles rule. Oh and as always, LOL at VW.
What you can do now is say "back in my twenties". Trust me, it's fun.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

CharlesM posted:

Does Tire Rack not charge sales tax to Washington?

If they don't have a facility in the state, they don't have to charge sales tax. If you were in NV for example there would be tax.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jamal posted:

If they don't have a facility in the state, they don't have to charge sales tax. If you were in NV for example there would be tax.

Oh that's wild. RPF1s ahoj.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I report every post.

Even my own.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rhyno posted:

I report every post.

Even my own.

Reported.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

CharlesM posted:

Oh that's wild. RPF1s ahoj.

What size/offset/bolt pattern? I have a place that keeps some of those around.

jamal fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 24, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jamal posted:

What size/offset/bolt pattern? I have a place that keeps some of those around.

17x7, 45mm, 5x114.3. For a Mazda 3.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I report every post.

Even my own.

Actually it's all about ethics in the report post industry

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

CharlesM posted:

17x7, 45mm, 5x114.3. For a Mazda 3.

Are you sure you want them that narrow? For a 225/45 an 8" wide wheel is better. For something that runs wide and is sticky you might even be better off with an 8.5 for a 225.

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 24, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jamal posted:

Are you sure you want them that narrow? For a 225/45 an 8" wide wheel is better. For something that runs wide and is sticky you might even be better off with an 8.5 for a 225.

The tires I have are 205/50/17... I'm replacing the stock wheels because they're in bad shape. I figured I may as well go light.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh hey guys, over 300 new posts, must be something exci....

:stonk:

Quote to fix stepdad's truck came back. $2400. :stonklol: I told him he should put a used transmission in it (it's a 2001). That made him mad, so he's having Aamco rebuild it. Hope he likes getting it rebuilt again and again.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 24, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Well, I guess if you are just using that size tire it would be fine, but they would also go on a 17x8 and then you could go 225/45 or even 235/45 for your next set of tires if you wanted. And the difference in weight is only like 1lb/wheel. Neither are in stock where I can get them from (I have a tirerack wholesale acct but they don't drop ship), so it would possibly take a few eeks and I probably can't save you very much over tirerack. But I can let you know tomorrow unless you are sitting there staring at the checkout button.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

scuz posted:

What you can do now is say "back in my twenties". Trust me, it's fun.

Just wait until some says "how old are you, in your thirties?"
and you have to say, "... yes."

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jamal posted:

Well, I guess if you are just using that size tire it would be fine, but they would also go on a 17x8 and then you could go 225/45 or even 235/45 for your next set of tires if you wanted. And the difference in weight is only like 1lb/wheel. Neither are in stock where I can get them from (I have a tirerack wholesale acct but they don't drop ship), so it would possibly take a few eeks and I probably can't save you very much over tirerack. But I can let you know tomorrow unless you are sitting there staring at the checkout button.

I don't mind waiting one day. I didn't know my tires would fit on wheels that wide. Neat.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

CharlesM posted:

I don't mind waiting one day. I didn't know my tires would fit on wheels that wide. Neat.

Yeah, all else equal you will have slightly more traction and better cornering response on the wider wheel because it supports the tire better under side loading.

I put 225/45 hankook v12s on a 17x7, but I would prefer to have 8" wheels, and would not put 225 RS3s on them because they are wider. I might even go to 215/45 for my next set because they fit the wheels better. I would prefer new wheels but that costs money. The ones I have were free.

jamal fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 24, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Motherfucking wasp got into my room, bit me just below my eyebrow while I was trying to sleep, and then had the gall to try again when I went to murder him. You started that poo poo but I ended it, bitch. :mad:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Buy VW stock now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

Oh hey guys, over 300 new posts, must be something exci....

:stonk:

Quote to fix stepdad's truck came back. $2400. :stonklol: I told him he should put a used transmission in it (it's a 2001). That made him mad, so he's having Aamco rebuild it. Hope he likes getting it rebuilt again and again.

Jesus. That's not a sound financial decision. Why did a used alternative make him mad? I bet that would get him back on the road for under $800-1000...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Discussing is shitposting?

gently caress it. I don't know why I post in here anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CommieGIR posted:

Discussing is shitposting?

gently caress it. I don't know why I post in here anyways.

Victim self-identified

• Locked thread