Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fat Samurai posted:

Guys, I'm not made of iron, stop asking for knives. Would you like a nice maul? It's entirely made of wood. Yeah, the top as well, we just paint it silver. No don't ask me how it works.

Look, if the wimpy wizard can wield a maul, so can you.

gently caress bards and thieves forever.
Garreth is irritating but he's nowhere near as bad as Minh The Master Equipment Breaker

Never gets any stats worth a drat for all the trouble he causes either...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bad Munki posted:

Dude I totes did, ball's in your court!

This game straight up can not handle my iPad going to sleep. It never recovers, just sits there locked up until I fully kill the app and restart it. Super annoying.

Weird, it works fine on iPhone. When I unlock the phone it had to reconnect to the server obviously, but after that it will resume OK.

By the way, an update was released supporting multitasking and split view on iPads, so be sure to get that if you have a recent enough model.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Im in as Exmond#67727, looking for a town.

Can you play this game both on facebook and android and have the accounts sync up?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I play on Facebook and iOS just fine, once I got past an initial hickup, but as long as you log in through Facebook on both platforms from the get-go, you should be golden.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Just started last night but I've gotten to level 7 so far. If Xtanstic has any more slots I'd love an invite.
goodchildsa#36420

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Knives and potions are the best cash flow. $$$

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
With the problems I'm having in giving my low tier heroes shoes (I'm not paying 700 gold or 2 gems for a bloody boot, people), I feel like flooding the trade post with sandals, inefficient as it would be.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm a cool guy, can someone send this cool guy an invite to their city?

since I didn't realize the in-game name I picked was going to be my username too i'm jay#53274

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Just started this out.

I'm in as iamtherad#47175

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wish there's a way to trade between people. I have a ton of useless switchblades that I can't use because everyone is too low-leveled.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
There is, but you have to hit level 5 (?) before doing it. It even has the Guild Wars style system I liked where you can either push a button to sell to someone at whatever the highest offer is or buy at the lowest offer; or set your own price and wait for the price to catch up to what you're willing to accept.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I just discovered you can visit other people's shops. I mean you can't DO anything, but you can look at all their STUFF, and that's important to me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mo0 posted:

There is, but you have to hit level 5 (?) before doing it. It even has the Guild Wars style system I liked where you can either push a button to sell to someone at whatever the highest offer is or buy at the lowest offer; or set your own price and wait for the price to catch up to what you're willing to accept.

Can you sell directly to people though? I wish I can give goons my leftovers high level knives.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Oh, also I just found out that you can unlock permanent  precraft for 250 gems which, supposedly, bundles up every step for crafting an item and lumps them together. To activate it, you need a item that has another item as a prerequisite (like a glove that needs three other gloves) and not be able to meet it. I believe you can activate permanent precraft from the menu there.

Reading about it it seems like it assumes prerequisite items all get their own slot, so in the previous example the time to make the super glove would only be "super glove crafting time + glove crafting time" instead of "super glove crafting time + glove crafting time x 3"

Not sure yet, I unwisely spent my gems opening a iron chest, but 250 gems is pretty achievable for non-IAP players.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Yes, I just found out about it today as well. Apparently you can make all your crafting slots pre-craft slots as well, but it becomes more expensive for each slot you buy. I'm still waffling on whether it's worth it or not.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
What does putting money into a building do in terms of the quote, 'Building now active'? In the Iron Mine's example, I know that advancing the mine's level increases the hourly rate of resource gain, but there are also collective and instant boosts available. Are these activated only via the timer available after investing money into the property? Eventually it's gonna get prohibitively expensive to maintain the buff. I guess that is easier in multiplayer towns.

I probably should have tested this by now, but what does disabling items do? Does it only prevent them from being requested by heroes? I'm still able to craft a disabled item as it's still listed in that menu.

Both of these questions aren't covered in the FAQ, so I'd appreciate if anyone can help me with them.

edit: removed some crap

edit 2: I'm guilty of wasting gems on an extra crafting slot starting out when I should have probably saved it since I'm unlocking another one at level 10. :gonk:

texasmed fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 24, 2015

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
I wasted this a bunch before I figured out what was going on, but finishing an upgrade on the town hall reduces the time on whatever you are upgrading in your shop by 1+ hour (i think it scales i'm not really sure)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

texasmed posted:

What does putting money into a building do in terms of the quote, 'Building now active'? In the Iron Mine's example, I know that advancing the mine's level increases the hourly rate of resource gain, but there are also collective and instant boosts available. Are these activated only via the timer available after investing money into the property? Eventually it's gonna get prohibitively expensive to maintain the buff. I guess that is easier in multiplayer towns.

I probably should have tested this by now, but what does disabling items do? Does it only prevent them from being requested by heroes? I'm still able to craft a disabled item as it's still listed in that menu.
Whatever is under "Next Level" everyone gets when you increase the building level. The "collective boost" is a buff that affects everyone for the duration the building is active, which is 30 minutes per investment you put in (as multiples of the minimum amount). Then you also personally get the "instant boost" per investment you put in, which could give you some resources immediately, take some minutes off timers you have running, or just give your guys some XP. If you're flush with cash and tired of waiting for a timer you can plop money into a building to move them along.

Disabling items is almost like you said it, they disappear from the suggestion list so you don't accidentally offer something you never want to give away. Of course it keeps remembering that even after you don't have the item, so if you mysteriously find you can't sell something days down the line, make sure to check that you didn't disable it.

RoboCicero posted:

Oh, also I just found out that you can unlock permanent  precraft for 250 gems which, supposedly, bundles up every step for crafting an item and lumps them together. To activate it, you need a item that has another item as a prerequisite (like a glove that needs three other gloves) and not be able to meet it. I believe you can activate permanent precraft from the menu there.
That's 250 for the first slot, the next one is 500. It turns the crafting slot purple and anything you craft in that slot will make the prerequisites for you (unless you click 'activate' to shut it off). You never actually 'claim' the intermediate items though so you may not get credit towards mastering them. Note if the purple slot is busy you can't precraft. Also note that if you click on a blue slot it will still offer to use the purple slot if it's available and you need it. So I start my crafting list by clicking on a blue slot and just going to whatever I need.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 24, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Dammit, another game triggers my bargain hunting by offering $25 worth of gems for $10 as long as you get it in daily bonuses. This is becoming more of a thing seemingly.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mo0 posted:

Dammit, another game triggers my bargain hunting by offering $25 worth of gems for $10 as long as you get it in daily bonuses. This is becoming more of a thing seemingly.

Just don't buy the class packs. The only major boost you get with that is the energy statue and the gems. The recipes got nerfed hard, the legendaries will be outgrown right away, and the gold is laughable.

Bad Munki posted:

The common man is welcome here, unlike TrumpPillage. Welcome to Sanderstown.

:smugdog:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
If a town has room for me (hikaizer#91423) I would be much obliged! Just starting off today and still getting the hang of things.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

HiKaizer posted:

If a town has room for me (hikaizer#91423) I would be much obliged! Just starting off today and still getting the hang of things.

Invite sent from Xtanstic, "It's a good place to be!"

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Bad Munki posted:

Invite sent from Xtanstic, "It's a good place to be!"

Many thanks! Now to just process all the new stuff that opened up and what to do with everything.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Your first task should be to break the 2 day old Kingship stalemate between Terrence and Munki. (You should give it to Munki because he doesn't want the responsibility). You can vote by clicking the green shield on the city screen on the left and voting for the appropriate person.

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
I guess I should join a city since this game is taking over my life now.. currently level 12.

echo465#27280

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

echo465 posted:

I guess I should join a city since this game is taking over my life now.. currently level 12.

echo465#27280

Sent you an invite to Xtanstic. That will be the 10/10 slot so we'll be full up for now. Also, does the appeal score do anything? I've noticed I can compliment for more energy. Is it because of increased appeal score?

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Goodchild posted:

Just started last night but I've gotten to level 10 so far. If Xtanstic has any more slots I'd love an invite.
goodchildsa#36420

Self-bump, sorry!

I know you're 10/10 now but if another slot pops up shoot it my way.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I'm also looking for the sour cheetoey embrace of a good town. Lawlicaust#70233. Level 10.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The best investment in gems is to save up 2000 by level 24. That way you can buy the 6th worker slot. Another 3000 gems buys the 7th (& last) slot. These 2 slots cost 50m and 500m if bought with gold.

There's a basic wiki here.

http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Shop_Heroes_Wikia

Biggest tip I can give is to always collect resources by clicking them on the right edge of the screen. If you click there it will only collect as many as it needs to fill up, but if you click on the individual bins it will empty it and waste any extras.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I need an invite still.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Largepotato posted:

The best investment in gems is to save up 2000 by level 24. That way you can buy the 6th worker slot. Another 3000 gems buys the 7th (& last) slot. These 2 slots cost 50m and 500m if bought with gold.

"Save up." Apart from either (a) IAPs, (b) the trickle coming in from quests and achievements and (c) getting people to pay gems for your schlock in the Trade House, gems are hard to come by in this game, let alone in four figures.

CrashCat posted:

Garreth is irritating but he's nowhere near as bad as Minh The Master Equipment Breaker

Garreth just came back from a successful quest with four broken level-appropriate items. FOUR.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

delfin posted:

Garreth just came back from a successful quest with four broken level-appropriate items. FOUR.

I'm sure that that 3.0% figure is a lie.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Xtanstic is currently full up, some of you other cities are gonna have to pick up the slack. :shobon:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If someone starts up a new city, you can hit me up for some free money to get a town hall to a reasonable level.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Xtanstic posted:

Sent you an invite to Xtanstic. That will be the 10/10 slot so we'll be full up for now. Also, does the appeal score do anything? I've noticed I can compliment for more energy. Is it because of increased appeal score?

Energy from compliment depends on your current energy. The lower it is, the more energy you can get.

delfin posted:

"Save up." Apart from either (a) IAPs, (b) the trickle coming in from quests and achievements and (c) getting people to pay gems for your schlock in the Trade House, gems are hard to come by in this game, let alone in four figures.

It's a big investment, but that 6th slot is one of the most important upgrades in the whole game. The 7th slot is just a luxury though.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 25, 2015

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Updated my id info in the spreadsheet. I've been locked out of higher level stuff for over a day because I'm not part of a city.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

delfin posted:

Garreth just failed a quest like four tiers below what I usually send him on. :bang:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

CrashCat posted:

Garreth just failed a quest like four tiers below what I usually send him on. :bang:

Always amusing when someone with thousands of power fails the first mission.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Largepotato posted:

It's a big investment, but that 6th slot is one of the most important upgrades in the whole game. The 7th slot is just a luxury though.

Oh, absolutely. I got my 5th worker at 24, swapped my team around and still found myself missing one type (either Tinkering or Rune Writing, depending on my setup) that locked out further advances in three item categories. The sixth worker lets you craft anything in the game, or the fifth worker if you have tier 3s available (which Otisburg, at present, does not).

But 2000 gems is pretty much unreachable without IAPs. I'm looking at that $10-over-30-days package and shaking my head because I know I'll quit playing this at some point, and that $10 in Google Play credits would get me Sproggiwood or something of that nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

delfin posted:

But 2000 gems is pretty much unreachable without IAPs. I'm looking at that $10-over-30-days package and shaking my head because I know I'll quit playing this at some point, and that $10 in Google Play credits would get me Sproggiwood or something of that nature.
The gem side of the tradehouse seems pretty active, I could imagine a player in their 20s grinding out 2000 gems over a couple weeks but it'd cost a lot of gold.

• Locked thread