Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Reddit ... SA is full of pedos

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

They are... apparently Reddit etc. are mass-archiving threads while the paywall is down because SA is full of pedos or something? Somehow tied into the Gamergate bullshit/some crap I don't keep track of? It's weird but it's essentially DDOSing the decrepit SA servers.

Jesus christ. Sad. The paywall should just be permanent.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

1500quidporsche posted:

Bilstein HDs are honestly the best bang for your buck. I went from concussions being a legitimate concerns in TSD rallies at 30mph to running over washboard gravel roads through corners at 50mph no issue.

Unfortunately Bilstein doesn't make anything for that car from what I can tell.

A little looking around at the distributors I use brings up a reasonable amount of stuff though.

Shocks in order from cheap to expensive
kyb gr2 (meh)
Skunk 2 sport shocks (not sure what those even are)
koni orange str.t
tokico HP
koni yellow
tokico HTS

Then eibach prokit is probably your best option for springs.

coilovers that don't suck in order from cheap to expensive
ST (these are pretty cheap and similar to the kw v1)
progress
KW V1
KW V3

Anyway, I try not to get to spammy around here so if you want to talk about it more or would like pricing send me a PM or email.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

There's about 100 wind turbines right over the border in Ohio and the land and farm owners in Indiana are locked in a legal battle trying to get them torn down because among other things "it interferes with crop growth!" or some bullshit hick nonsense.

What the gently caress. Farmers here love turbines - because they get paid plenty for access to their land by the power producers. I read that each turbine was 1000+bucks a month to the farmer - with some places having 50 of the things, that's basically gold for the farmer right there. Land's still good for farming poo poo, you still get bucks either way from hosting the turbine.

Yeah the farmers protested and made up bullshit to deny access originally but once one farmer pulls up with a new car at the pub and his debt is disappearing by the day, the rest wised up pretty loving fast and got on the money train. I think down near Goulburn south of here, one farmer basically won the lottery and has 160 of the things.

Plenty of other farmers around the world have wised up to this too and been offering their land for turbines. If you are a farmer with anything close to a clue, you would be talking to your local utility and asking to host as many as you can. You dont lose much working land, you gain a steady income.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

bandman posted:

Koni FSDs are supposed to provide great bang for the buck if they are available for your application. I think LloydDobler has them on one of his menagerie of Volvos.

I like the FSDs enough that I put them on two of my Volvos with standard lowering springs that do about 1" to 1.25" drop. Eibachs on one car, H&R on the other. That said, I rode in an early 00's Audi A6 with Koni Yellows the other day and I liked it a ton as well. My friend who was driving it said it was too soft for him and he'd already busted an oil pan on the ground hitting a dip or speed bump or something.

FSDs are less sporty than sport shocks but more sporty than standard shocks while being very comfortable in general. And they make the cars handle great.

The third car has Bilstein HDs with cut springs and I think it rides the best. But it only weighs 2400 lb.

Truth be told it's probably hard to go wrong with any of them.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 25, 2015

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Oh hey the forums aren't hosed anymore!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Pham Nuwen posted:

e:f,b

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Wandered through Wal-Mart to kill some time.

.... noticed their T8 shoplights (2x4ft 32 watt) were priced at $4.50. Took one to a register. Yup, $4.50. Snagged both of them.

Don't know why so cheap, but I have an ancient shoplight in the attic that uses unobtanium 48" 25 watt T12 tubes, and only barely flickers anymore.

Dunno if it's just a pricing error in that store, since they weren't marked clearance, though they're marked down to $11 on walmart.com. They're crappy Lights of America fixtures, but so was the (15+ year old one) I just pulled out of the attic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

So who's going to start a standalone AI forum for when this place collapses?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

I could, but that seems like it would take effort, and there's also a good chance that my 15'ish year old Linux box would explode when the 14th or 15th person tried to browse the forum at the same time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I got forum hp to burn. I doubt this place is collapsing any time soon however.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
drat i must remember to take my posting more seriously hello

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
It's two thousand and loving fifteen and my four man project group is currently failing at manually coordinating who updates the project status shared word doc when. The only consoling factor is that it isn't an Excel sheet. I weep a single tear as I hug my Trello board.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

They are... apparently Reddit etc. are mass-archiving threads while the paywall is down because SA is full of pedos or something? Somehow tied into the Gamergate bullshit/some crap I don't keep track of? It's weird but it's essentially DDOSing the decrepit SA servers.

hahahaha what does this even mean

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Adiabatic posted:

hahahaha what does this even mean

Actually, it's about ethics in games journalism.

:v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Reddit, the wet fart of the internet.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Im realy glad I post here with all the cool ppl on SA who are all totally mentally stable and also have cool jobs and make insane amounts of money unlike those shitheads at reddit :smuggo:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

corn in the fridge posted:

Im realy glad I post here with all the cool ppl on SA who are all totally mentally stable and also have cool jobs and make insane amounts of money unlike those shitheads at reddit :smuggo:

I'll just see myself out then :(

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

jamal posted:

Unfortunately Bilstein doesn't make anything for that car from what I can tell.

A little looking around at the distributors I use brings up a reasonable amount of stuff though.

Shocks in order from cheap to expensive
kyb gr2 (meh)
Skunk 2 sport shocks (not sure what those even are)
koni orange str.t
tokico HP
koni yellow
tokico HTS

Then eibach prokit is probably your best option for springs.

coilovers that don't suck in order from cheap to expensive
ST (these are pretty cheap and similar to the kw v1)
progress
KW V1
KW V3

Anyway, I try not to get to spammy around here so if you want to talk about it more or would like pricing send me a PM or email.

Awesome thanks man. I will hit you up at some point in the next few months!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

We could probably use the forums I set up for my roller derby league since our board of directors decided it was a waste of my time. It should get moved off of my shitbox server and into a cloud somewhere first.

Not that any of this will really be necessary, SA isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
In case you're still confused about gamersgate:

http://www.clickhole.com/article/summary-gamergate-movement-we-will-immediately-cha-1241

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

We are too :) When are you making an Aston Martin thread?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Let me show you how wrong that is:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Gamergate

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gamergate

quote:

- Video game designer breaks up with her then boyfriend.
- He posts bitter screed about her, hoping to use Internet as personal army.
- Internet Hate Machine™ obliges
- Peoples' privacy destroyed, lives ruined, careers in gaming industry ended.
- Ensuing vitriol and attempts to control the mess fuels massive flame war.
- MRAs, neoreactionaries, anti-progressives, anti-feminists, and other groups that hate the current direction of the Culture Wars (plus disgraced game developers) co-opt the whole mess.
- Everyone sane realizes how lovely everything that just happened was, tries to stop it.

If they want to talk about ethics in game journalism, they need to find a different name to do it under. There is no saving the Gamergate movement.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 25, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ban for [img] timeline

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

StormDrain posted:

If you ever find yourself in Judith Gap Montana, they have a wind turbine blade that didn't pass QC so it's now sitting in the middle of town for you to awe in its hugeness.

Good milkshakes too.

There's one on display in a windfarm somewhere in Washington state as well, IIRC it was dropped during unloading and deemed not trustworthy enough for installation so they put it on display and bought another.

e: Commie you may not realize that that clickhole article is written with an incredible amount of sarcasm. I think they agree with you.

kastein fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 25, 2015

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Where the hell is doodie's MK2 GTI thread?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

scuz posted:

Where the hell is doodie's MK2 GTI thread?

I think he said hes gonna start it tomorrow so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWdLt3Afjrg

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I finally got around to watching the final episode of Top Gear last night and goddamn. That was maybe one of the best episodes I'd seen in a long time, maybe the best they ever did. For starters, leaving aside Jeremy's grumbling at the very beginning, they all seemed to be genuinely enjoying it. The two "films" were in the style I loved best: buy cheap old vehicles and go do stupid poo poo with them, breaking down from time to time. The classic sports car thing was great, although I swear for their "buy an old car" episodes they go out of their way to find something that'll break down constantly. I was honestly shocked that Hammond came in last on the race at the end, given that he had the best vehicle in the best shape and had more experience driving offroad (of course the outcome may have been pre-decided)

And, best of all, they didn't have a "star in a reasonably priced car" segment! Shame it took them until the last episode to drop that bit.

they also didn't have the bit with the newest supercar or whatever at the very beginning, with the wanky "intern just got his hands on After Affects" videography. Other people probably liked that part, though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

I think someone made a list of the usernames Quinn, Nyberg, Spacedad, AMIB and others used on SA. Should be interesting doing a search and archiving what you find.
Edit: You'll have noticed the amount of goons and shills in this thread. It's par for the course when you try to investigate the SJWs on SA.

quote:

something awful is supremely hosed up, its basically a cult at this point, here's testimony from someone who was lucky enough to "get out": [posts story about fyad who claims fyad made him schizo] And it gets worse: organizations affiliated with SA have been outed as CIA fronts. and the founder, Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka has admitted to multiple meetings with Obama's security team

quote:

A paid internet forum? my loving sides

quote:

The best echo chambers require precise acoustics. That poo poo ain't cheap.

quote:

Yep, after the "Biting Beaver" incident, a bunch of Biting Beaver's comrades managed to get onboard with SA; seeing that it could be a useful tool.
They played the CoIntelPro tactics, and slowly gained control of the forum.
What I find weird, is that some of the old SA goons went along with it. I know one personally, a certain furry rabbit who's character is often depicted wearing a turban... I have watched him slowly turn into "one of them" over the years. At a local furry event he was regurgitating anti-gamergate drivel to some older and somewhat well respected members of the furry community who run a furry household in California

quote:

Looking at the main forum theres a caitlyn jenners/southpark thread where people are saying being a "tranny" is a mental illness and I found this in the second thread I clicked so I think some people are talking out of their rear end.

quote:

that image is hilarious
At least in the mid 2000s, you had to be evaluated by a psychiatrist in order to have any hormone or surgery done for transsexualism... it technically is an illness.

quote:

Yes, and it still is, I was more pointing out the use of the term "tranny" which would get people ostracized from actual SJW echo chambers.
Fun fact one prominent SJW once tried to get people banned on SA for the use of the word "tranny". She was laughed out of the forum because as it turns out she had just searched for instances of the word to start poo poo about without any context and didnt realize she was in the car subforum and "tranny" stood for "transmission."

:allears:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 25, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Maui has some wind turbines too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Let me show you how wrong that is:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Gamergate

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gamergate

If they want to talk about ethics in game journalism, they need to find a different name to do it under. There is no saving the Gamergate movement.

It's satire. Clickhole is an onion site.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mariooncrack posted:

It's satire. Clickhole is an onion site.

:doh: Sorry.

"He met with Obama multiple times"

Wow, paranoid much?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

:doh: Sorry.

"He met with Obama multiple times"

Wow, paranoid much?

Out of the frying pan into the fire lmao

Most of those are from SA posters

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
reddit is basically trash, but then there are subs like https://www.reddit.com/r/justrolledintotheshop that are funny.

edit:
:siren: NEW ROADKILL :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRh5KIVO3CM

scuz fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 25, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fart Pipe posted:

I think he said hes gonna start it tomorrow so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWdLt3Afjrg

I had it written last night, and the forums ate it.

After work today we're gonna start putting some stuff together, so tonight

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Magnus Praeda posted:

That's cool. Though if one isn't otherwise involved in either wind power or ranching, there is zero reason to ever find oneself in Judith Gap. It's not even really between two otherwise interesting places.

Besides, if you're going for tiny Montana towns, you can get excellent milkshakes or, my favorite, a cherry phosphate in Philipsburg.

Perhaps you're going from Billings to Great Falls though. Also go ahead and go to Lewistown for a Hot-n-tot at the Dash Inn. It's like a cinnamon soda.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Adiabatic posted:

Ive thought about doing a thread before but tbh i dont think there's enough content for an entire thread. We don't do a lot of heritage stuff so having both that V8 and DB6 I posted show up in a week was pretty surprising for me even. Maybe at some point I'll make a thread but in the meantime I'm happy to answer anyone's questions about working on aston martins in here or whatever

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I smell Mk2 GTI thread cooking, where is it?

Haha holy poo poo did they really cite the fyad makes you schizo catchphrase?

I heard that visiting SA for a long period of time can make you open palm slam a Riddick VHS tape as well.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mattfl posted:

Maui has some wind turbines too.

This is gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I smell Mk2 GTI thread cooking, where is it?

Haha holy poo poo did they really cite the fyad makes you schizo catchphrase?

I heard that visiting SA for a long period of time can make you open palm slam a Riddick VHS tape as well.

what does ur heart tell u

it's like Something Sensitive over there except cranked to 11

• Locked thread