Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Also, Is that Ayaka?

Sure is. The card and it's power should be a dead giveaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Serious Frolicking posted:

So, barring weird poo poo Setsuna and Konoka probably didn't get married. The most obvious explanation is that their kids did. That's a shame, really.

Weird poo poo? The setting has science, magic, and human cloning, anything is possible.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I am excite.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Is it fanservice if it makes perfect sense?

One of my favorite characters is back!

Who's the girl from the train station or whatever? Is she from, like, the second chapter?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Skychrono posted:

Who's the girl from the train station or whatever? Is she from, like, the second chapter?

Yeah, she's the girl with the flying moped that Tota ran into back when he was traveling in chapter 2.

I forget, does Ayaka showing up like this support or disprove this all taking place in the Asuna time loop?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Skychrono posted:

Yes, it's Shinobu, the scooter girl. I bet that space pilot guy she's missing will show up.

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

Skychrono posted:

She had the broken flying motor scooter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm OK with this turn of events.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

So, barring weird poo poo Setsuna and Konoka probably didn't get married. The most obvious explanation is that their kids did. That's a shame, really.

I dunno, they could be clones or something like that.

Also, Crunchy continues to be a poo poo with its manga releases and we have to wait a week and a half (if not more) for next chapter. Still, I'm very excited for where this will go.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
You guys seem more excited for elderly Ayaka than Chachamaru?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

Technically, it might not be Chachamaru, just a helperbot or something body based on hers. Pretty sure it's her, though!

I wonder who the first grandkid will be that's a complete opposite of their Negi-generation ancestor?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Ayaka ended up being a really rad character once she became more about her relationship to Asuna than her being weird about Negi. Though her pactio scene with him was still pretty funny.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Grimace posted:

If it's Chachamaru in the flesh, then I require Chisame as well.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PerrineClostermann posted:

This. I really miss Chisame antics, even if Kirie is filling in pretty well for her.

If that really is the Chachamaru we know and love, it'd be great to see her interacting with Eva once again. Wonder if she'll reclaim her pactio artifact from Ikku or something.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Chachamaru's Pactio was an orbital laser. I wonder if there's too much stuff in space in the year 2XXX for it be used safely.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

rizzen posted:

Sure is. The card and it's power should be a dead giveaway.

I never actually got that far into Negima. I stopped reading around after the Onsen fights where the Eastern wizards tried to resurrect an Oni. I didn't push too much past that.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

I never actually got that far into Negima. I stopped reading around after the Onsen fights where the Eastern wizards tried to resurrect an Oni. I didn't push too much past that.

iirc, that means you stopped right where it started to get good.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Yeah you stopped right when it gets really good.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm prepared to get epically horned up by the next few chaps.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

HellCopter posted:

Chachamaru's Pactio was an orbital laser. I wonder if there's too much stuff in space in the year 2XXX for it be used safely.

It was used in earlier chapters against Fate.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

HellCopter posted:

InfinityComplex posted:

It was used in earlier chapters against Fate.

Yeah, Ikku used it against Fate back when they were trying to capture him. That's why I asked if Chachamaru would reclaim it from him.

Did you at least get to see why Eva was so damned powerful without limits against Sukuna and the introduction of Fate? Because the climax of Kyoto is when Negima starts to hit its stride.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Gyges posted:

I forget, does Ayaka showing up like this support or disprove this all taking place in the Asuna time loop?

Neither yet. Somebody remind me what her pactio card actually does.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

.Clash posted:

Her power is basically "take me to your leader" - using it she can instantly meet anybody she wants to without having to worry about pesky things such as "setting up an appointment" beforehand.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

.Clash posted:

It's pretty much what she says in the chapter. She can go anywhere and talk to anyone she wants and no security, human or otherwise, can stop her.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like a great assassin power.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm pretty sure Fate or Kotarou commented on that in Negima, yeah.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Silento posted:

Nah, that was the invisibility thing. Ayaka can get in anywhere but it doesn't help her leave afterward.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Kirie is a pretty straight Chisame expy.

HellCopter posted:

Chachamaru's pactio chapter was really funny too.

KISS HARDER

(...Akamatsu please do not include any Tota cranking Chachamaru scenes)

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 26, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

KISS HARDER

It was badass as well, IMO. With the literal fire in Negi's eyes and all. Though that is kinda funny, now that I think about it...

Nah, that was the invisibility thing. Ayaka can get in anywhere but it doesn't help her leave afterward.

Oh yeah, I do remember that. I guess I got them confused. I do remember that they discussed how OP Ayaka's artifact was, and Fate mentioned that all of Negi's partners had strong artifacts. MC power OP!!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This page should just be wall to wall Chacha and Ayaka fanart, you've let me down again UQ Thread.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Silento posted:

Kotaro did mention the pactio's potential for helping with assassination or kidnapping of VIPs the same page where it was first introduced. Fate was about to say something else about its potential, but was cut off by Ayaka taking her card back.

And yes, it allows Ayaka to meet with any VIP, bypassing any security they have.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 26, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
More importantly, when used right it lets her get into any concert or sporting event for free.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Grimace posted:

Kirie is a pretty straight Chisame expy.

KISS HARDER

(...Akamatsu please do not include any Tota cranking Chachamaru scenes)

But it was the best part of all of negima

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow I forgot how rough those scans were.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Wow I forgot how rough those scans were.

Magazine scans are a bitch to clean. The paper is thin and quite rough, so the ink isn't even.
Sometimes magazines also use tinted paper.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, Ikku used it against Fate back when they were trying to capture him. That's why I asked if Chachamaru would reclaim it from him.

Did you at least get to see why Eva was so damned powerful without limits against Sukuna and the introduction of Fate? Because the climax of Kyoto is when Negima starts to hit its stride.

Remind me, is Fate the kid who turned people to stone? I finished Kyoto I think because the last chapter I read was the photo op chapter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Remind me, is Fate the kid who turned people to stone? I finished Kyoto I think because the last chapter I read was the photo op chapter.

Yes and he's the best, keep reading Negima.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes, he is. And as Rodyle said, he's pretty boss.

Since you've read the earlier chapters in this manga, you saw where Touta, Kirie, and co were trying to capture him. That's how bullshit powerful he could get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

Yes and he's the best, keep reading Negima.

Sextum was better. She was cute :colbert:

• Locked thread