Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Nth Doctor posted:

Kash, you went from a vote on Biaga being weird to voting him yourself in just over an hour and you've stuck to your guns ever since. This is why I agree with TMM that your vote seems opportunistic. The only waver you've had was this morning:

Furthermore you got a direct accusation of being bros with Pope and you did the same thing you blame Biaga for:

You aren't answering the charge here. You're just :iiam: at TMM.
##vote Kashuno

Wow I'm definitely the only one put off by your biaga vote. You've dug in deep on biaga and given reasons, sure, but I think you're flopping on responding to others accusations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'm posting Nth's quote in response to kashuno, btw. Hit reply too soon.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Roger dodger.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Literally one post later after I posted question blocks.

One. Post.

I didn't even think I was vote leader until after I just posted and checked vote finder, so lol at the idea that I'm responding more because of votes on me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You're scum. Clearly. I hope if this vote doesn't turn around today, the town lunches you tomorrow for how obvious this bandwagon word twisting spiel is.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So I didn't have nearly as much time to actually post this evening as I thought, due to prepping early for the possible hurricane this weekend. Just reread as much as I can.

I think that Hermetic's speculation on Biaga's lynch, and treating it as somewhat inevitable seems a bit off. The tinfoil stuff was kind of weird and I don't really like how he's felt kind of white noise-y. Saying "haha, yeah this seems scummy" just kind of brings the bad vibes to me. Gabriel Pope was at least right that Hermetic wasn't the first vote, and waited for a little more support on the vote-train to bring out the weird theories.

I kind of agree with Kashuno re: Corazon's giant wall'o'casing, but it might just be because it didn't feel very organized and that kind of poo poo really irks me when someone's trying to convince me with a body of evidence. I am going to reread that thing once more before I go to bed.

At this stage, I'd be alright voting Hermetic to avoid a no-lynch. Possibly Biaga because I can see the rationale for scum in his case, although I am still leaning on the side of 'nervous new town player.' Colonel Corazon hasn't really posted a ton so it's kind of hard to get a good read.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

On another read, I did miss some of your page 6 responses since that's when I started typing up my post. I'll definitely concede that but I'm still fine with characterizing your play so far on D1 as evasive and opportunistic.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Green Intern posted:

So I didn't have nearly as much time to actually post this evening as I thought, due to prepping early for the possible hurricane this weekend. Just reread as much as I can.

I think that Hermetic's speculation on Biaga's lynch, and treating it as somewhat inevitable seems a bit off. The tinfoil stuff was kind of weird and I don't really like how he's felt kind of white noise-y. Saying "haha, yeah this seems scummy" just kind of brings the bad vibes to me. Gabriel Pope was at least right that Hermetic wasn't the first vote, and waited for a little more support on the vote-train to bring out the weird theories.

I kind of agree with Kashuno re: Corazon's giant wall'o'casing, but it might just be because it didn't feel very organized and that kind of poo poo really irks me when someone's trying to convince me with a body of evidence. I am going to reread that thing once more before I go to bed.

At this stage, I'd be alright voting Hermetic to avoid a no-lynch. Possibly Biaga because I can see the rationale for scum in his case, although I am still leaning on the side of 'nervous new town player.' Colonel Corazon hasn't really posted a ton so it's kind of hard to get a good read.

I'm keeping more organized notes on gabe, herm, and kash but I condensed the poo poo out of them for my post (since my Fury Road effortpost were really loving long) and I can see its been detrimental with re to kash and I straight up missed part of kash's page 6 posts. I'll update tomorrow and detail my thoughts better. Gonna keep my vote where it is though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I really don't get the 'Kash has rolled off the radar' bit in your giant case post, Corazon. Kash has been in the middle of the discussion for the last page or two. Seems like it could be an attempt to push some extra heat on Kashuno.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm keeping more organized notes on gabe, herm, and kash but I condensed the poo poo out of them for my post (since my Fury Road effortpost were really loving long) and I can see its been detrimental with re to kash and I straight up missed part of kash's page 6 posts. I'll update tomorrow and detail my thoughts better. Gonna keep my vote where it is though.

Fair enough.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Green Intern posted:

I really don't get the 'Kash has rolled off the radar' bit in your giant case post, Corazon. Kash has been in the middle of the discussion for the last page or two. Seems like it could be an attempt to push some extra heat on Kashuno.

That's pretty much because I did a quick read of what had been posted while I was writing my post (about halfway through page 7) and it was looking like Kash was going off the radar and I thought his weak responses deserved more attention. By the way, I should have been saying page 7 instead of 6 in the last posts. Bed time!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Someone Awful! posted:

there isn't too much to reread on ssv he has like 5 posts, one of which is a contentless vote on biaga and one of which is an "advocating no-lynches is scummy!!!" post. reads like lurking scum to me

Contentless? The post I quote was reason enough to vote, and I explained further after that. If you disagree with my vote there's nothing wrong with a contrary opinion, but framing my argument like that is weird and scummy. That said, after rereading I'm more leery of the fact that Hermetic jumped on the Biaga vote and hedged it at the same time which definitely pings my scumdar.

I still have no scum pings from Kashuno, despite the fact that he seems to be one of the main focuses.

Also I'm sorry for not posting a lot, I'm not great at engaging in D1.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Green Intern posted:

Fair enough.

Who do you feel is scum? You have a lot of content and posts, but haven't hard committed to anybody yet. You had some good points on Hermetic and still said "you'd vote him to avoid a no-lynch" - you seem pretty stingy with your vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes posted:

Contentless? The post I quote was reason enough to vote, and I explained further after that. If you disagree with my vote there's nothing wrong with a contrary opinion, but framing my argument like that is weird and scummy. That said, after rereading I'm more leery of the fact that Hermetic jumped on the Biaga vote and hedged it at the same time which definitely pings my scumdar.

I still have no scum pings from Kashuno, despite the fact that he seems to be one of the main focuses.

Oh I forgot to do this. ##vote hermetic

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I guess I just disagree that the post you quoted was 'reason enough to vote', which led to me feeling your vote was predatory

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Someone Awful! posted:

I guess I just disagree that the post you quoted was 'reason enough to vote', which led to me feeling your vote was predatory

His post put him at the top of my limited-at-the-time scumlist, so I voted him. Now I've got someone I'm more suspicious of so the vote has moved.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Who do you feel is scum? You have a lot of content and posts, but haven't hard committed to anybody yet. You had some good points on Hermetic and still said "you'd vote him to avoid a no-lynch" - you seem pretty stingy with your vote.

Those who were in Foo's first XCOM game can attest that I was stingy with my vote then as well, so I won't argue on that point.

Quick thoughts before I run off to work:

Hermetic - For the reasons I posted above, I am most confident about this vote.

Colonel Corazon - I need to see what kind of revised case CC has. He says that he's got a detailed read on Gabriel Pop, Kashuno, and Hermetic.

For now, I'll put my money where my mouth is, and ##vote Hermetic. This may change based on today's discussion.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Green Intern posted:

Those who were in Foo's first XCOM game can attest that I was stingy with my vote then as well, so I won't argue on that point.

That's fine - it can just read as a bit apprehensive and looks bad in retrospect in certain situations, also bit of a scum tell when you don't want to hard commit to anything and play the fence a bit, especially for newer players. In my time on these forums, rarely do you ever see newbie scum go all gung ho with a case on somebody - they like to sit back and let things unfold, sometimes to their detriment.

It's partly why I think Kashuno reads town to me. It's not that he's being super aggressive or anything, but he's like an uncaged bird, you know? Free from all the tyranny ITT ~

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
I love that Gabriel Pope and Kumbamontu are leading the charge against me for not answering their questions, yet Biaga hasn't posted in, like, a day and a half. Don't worry, though. No one is protecting their scumbro. It's not like the whole thing reeks of him being told "play dead until the bandwagon stops" or anything. Not sure which one of the two is coaching him yet, but Kumbamontu is reading as either frustrated town or tryhard scum.

My vote stays where it is, and will do so until my hilarious lynching.

Speaking of which, when I'm at -1, let me know, and I'll make my last post and self-hammer, K?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hermetic posted:

ISpeaking of which, when I'm at -1, let me know, and I'll make my last post and self-hammer, K?

Why are you sounding so defeated? Your job is to prove us wrong, no matter how awful you think the case is made against you - make us think you're so overwhelming towny that you flip this whole thing around and give us a bunch of good stuff to look back on D1 towards certain people.

You're only ahead by 1 vote, and -2 from lynch.. I'd much rather you claim at some point if you're still lead vote getter instead of self-hammering out of spite if we indeed are wrong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: self-hammering is the least town play possible :siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

On another read, I did miss some of your page 6 responses since that's when I started typing up my post. I'll definitely concede that but I'm still fine with characterizing your play so far on D1 as evasive and opportunistic.

Colonel Corazon posted:

That's pretty much because I did a quick read of what had been posted while I was writing my post (about halfway through page 7) and it was looking like Kash was going off the radar and I thought his weak responses deserved more attention. By the way, I should have been saying page 7 instead of 6 in the last posts. Bed time!

This is literally: "My entire argument fell apart, but I'm going to keep my vote where it is anyway because :effort:"

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Why are you sounding so defeated? Your job is to prove us wrong, no matter how awful you think the case is made against you - make us think you're so overwhelming towny that you flip this whole thing around and give us a bunch of good stuff to look back on D1 towards certain people.

You're only ahead by 1 vote, and -2 from lynch.. I'd much rather you claim at some point if you're still lead vote getter instead of self-hammering out of spite if we indeed are wrong.

Nah, at this point spite seems pretty cool. I'm good with spite.

Kashuno posted:

:siren: self-hammering is the least town play possible :siren:

That has never been my experience. You're welcome to move your vote if you honestly feel that way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like my vote where it is tyvm.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

fine, but you still have a responsibility to not lurk

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kashuno posted:

I like my vote where it is tyvm.

You just said I made the most non-town play possible.

Yet you don't want to vote for me?

That's odd. I basically just declared scum, according to you.

Interesting that you want to push someone else to vote for me, but don't want to be the one who pulls the trigger, so to speak.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hermetic posted:

It's less the defeatism being scummy, but the tone of it. Like he's feigning defeatism and trying to get us to back off. He has an attitude of "Go ahead and lynch me...BUT YOU'LL BE SORRY!" It feels a tad off to me.

You said this regarding Biaga, but now you're doing the exact same thing. You are giving this strong defeatist attitude, going so far as to say you will self lynch and that your lynch will be hilarious. You found it scummy when Biaga did it, why would people not find it scummy when you do it?

What I meant by least town play possible, is that it is actively unhelpful to town. There is a lot of information that can be gained by who is and isn't on the vote, and especially the hammer if they do it early/at a weird time, etc. If you are town, self-hammering is effectively denying your own team information.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Kashuno posted:

You said this regarding Biaga, but now you're doing the exact same thing. You are giving this strong defeatist attitude, going so far as to say you will self lynch and that your lynch will be hilarious. You found it scummy when Biaga did it, why would people not find it scummy when you do it?

What I meant by least town play possible, is that it is actively unhelpful to town. There is a lot of information that can be gained by who is and isn't on the vote, and especially the hammer if they do it early/at a weird time, etc. If you are town, self-hammering is effectively denying your own team information.

Not being defeatist, still scumhunting. Biaga has been coached to keep his mouth shut while his scumbros get the heat off stopped posting. If anything, being this close has made me post a little more. I just think it's hilarious that everyone went from a solid lynch to "HERMETIC ISN'T MAKING A BUNCH OF DECLARATIONS 2 DAYS OUT FROM HAMMER! gently caress HIM IN THE rear end!" but whatevs. I'm literally the only person still on Biaga, so it was a good tactic.

You keep pushing me as scum, but refuse to drop the hammer, now that I've redefined 6 as my lynch value. You don't want to be seen as the one who does me in, so to speak.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
You know, I still think the Biaga lynch is the best idea, but that ran out of steam way too early, and I doubt it'll pick back up. I'm good with getting rid of you, though, Kash. Your push on me isn't feeling right.

##vote Kashuno

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

HERMETIC. WHO DO YOU THINK IS SCUMMY, AND WHY. This question is literally the entire raison d'etre of Mafia and you keep dancing around and evading questions instead of committing to any opinions.

Hermetic posted:

I love that Gabriel Pope and Kumbamontu are leading the charge against me for not answering their questions, yet Biaga hasn't posted in, like, a day and a half. Don't worry, though. No one is protecting their scumbro. It's not like the whole thing reeks of him being told "play dead until the bandwagon stops" or anything. Not sure which one of the two is coaching him yet, but Kumbamontu is reading as either frustrated town or tryhard scum.

Speaking of which, when I'm at -1, let me know, and I'll make my last post and self-hammer, K?

Hermetic posted:

You know, I still think the Biaga lynch is the best idea, but that ran out of steam way too early, and I doubt it'll pick back up. I'm good with getting rid of you, though, Kash. Your push on me isn't feeling right.

##vote Kashuno

Thank you for deigning to play Mafia in the Mafia thread you signed up for. Was that so hard?

##unvote

At first glance Hermetic's new posts seem flimsy as hell but at least he's doing something except evading. My instinct is still to get Herm but there was some other foolery going on last night and I don't have time to digest it right now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Whoa, that was a hell of a skim. ##unvote

Let me do some rereading, I'm in and out of meetings today but I should be able to catch up!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hermetic posted:

##vote Kashuno

If I was pushing you, why wouldn't I have just voted you and let you follow through on you with your desire to hammer yourself? You're trying to get the heat off yourself by tying us as vote leader so that way you can make it through the day. I don't think that's particularly scummy, but your logic sucks.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hermetic posted:

I love that you still haven't answered the question

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kashuno posted:

This is literally: "My entire argument fell apart, but I'm going to keep my vote where it is anyway because :effort:"

Nope. I still feel like you're a good D1 vote. Herm isn't looking too hot either. Gonna need to reread after work bc poo poo got crazy while I was sleeping and deserves better than just a quick read

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

Nope. I still feel like you're a good D1 vote.

Why? Your case was disproven, but you stick with it? That's some tunneling on your bandwagon vote

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Gabriel Pope posted:

Thank you for deigning to play Mafia in the Mafia thread you signed up for. Was that so hard?

You are taking this way too seriously, mate. You know you don't get lynched in real life if you lose the vote, right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hermetic posted:

You are taking this way too seriously, mate. You know you don't get lynched in real life if you lose the vote, right?

I kinda want to keep this guy around for his constantly condescending attitude :allears:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, you people like to go crazy in the morning before I wake up.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Man, you people like to go crazy in the morning before I wake up.

##unvote

:sun:

• Locked thread